Updated: August 7, 2018
The Best Hotels in New Caledonia
What’s not to adore? At the peaceful end of a peninsula with divine beach, yet only 15 minutes from the city centre. Spacious and stylish suites, with awesome sea views almost guaranteed. All feature a kitchen, balcony and separate lounge. And the lagoon-style pool with swim-up bar does not stop sparkling.
Hotel phone: (687) 29 64 00
Luxury city hotel vibe with comfortable beach resort facilities. Not facing the water, but still very convenient to the sea, shops and cafés. Spacious and bright rooms, with balcony, modern décor and double-glazing. Suites large enough for families. Free extras like kayak hire, yoga classes, tennis and boat trips.
Hotel phone: (687) 26 12 55
At the end of a peninsula, with blissful beach, tropical gardens and vast harbour views – yet only 15 minutes from the capital. Resembles a Mediterranean resort, with huge pool surrounded by pines and palms. Rooms can be a little cramped, but still stylish. And plenty of free activities for the young and old.
Hotel phone: (687) 26 50 00
Bland décor and peculiar layout, but the rare above-water bungalows are intimate. Also spacious, with abundant window-side seating and marble bathroom. Ladder from private wooden patio to blue-green waters of turtles and coral. Serene island ambience, with pristine forests part of a natural reserve, yet only 25 minutes by boat from the city centre. But avoid weekends and local school holidays.
Hotel phone: (687) 26 05 12
- The Best Hotels in New Caledonia for Families
- The Best Time to Visit New Caledonia
- Where to Stay in New Caledonia
- Hotel Beaurivage – Review
- Casa del Sole – Review
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort & Spa – Review
- Gondwana Hotel – Review
- Hilton Noumea La Promenade Residences – Review
- Hôtel du Centre – Review
- Hôtel New Caledonia – Review
- Hôtel Le Lagon – Review
- Le Méridien Noumea Resort & Spa – Review
- Hôtel Le Paris – Review
- Les Cases de Plum – Review
- L’Escapade Island Resort – Review
- Marina Beach Residence – Review
- Nouvata Hotel – Review
- Ramada Hotel & Suites – Review