Novotel Nusa Dua – Unpretentious, well-designed, and welcoming for families, but not on the beach.
Although part of an international chain, this resort is truly Balinese with its traditional gates, ponds, and statues, and tasteful overall design. Comfortable rooms feature wide balconies/patios which offer views of the gardens and/or pool. Spacious suites, with two or three bedrooms (each with attached bathroom) and massive lounge/kitchen/dining areas, display a modern but pleasing Balinese-style décor. Lack of beach frontage is compensated by a lagoon-shaped pool surrounded by vine-covered pergolas, and by shuttle buses to the modest 2.28 Beach Club on a powdery-white stretch of sand. The substantial Kids Club adjoins the children’s pool and playground and offers plenty of activities. Accessible from two main roads, with many affordable shops and cafés within walking distance.
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Bali Hotels for Families
- Best Budget Hotels in Bali
- Where to Stay in Bali
- Bali Hotel Map
Novotel Nusa Dua – The Location
- Area: One of few resorts in Nusa Dua that’s not directly on the beach, which is 600m away. In a busier area, not within the spacious and tranquil Nusa Dua complex, but not as isolated as most nearby resorts. Plenty of facilities are within walking distance.
- Address: Jalan Pantai Mengiat, ITDC Complex, Nusa Dua. About 300m southwest of the Southern Gate of the complex of 4 and 5-star resorts at Nusa Dua, a very popular tourist region in southern Bali.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (13 km via the tollway), depending on traffic.
- Handy to: Golf course. Extra facilities outside the Nusa Dua complex.
Novotel Nusa Dua – The Basics
- Guests: Most are families seeking a more affordable holiday. Less popular for couples.
- Kids Club: Good size, adjoining the playground and children’s pool. Plenty of modern toys and traditional games, as well as classes in Balinese culture, cooking, and art. For kids aged from 4 to 10.
- Beach: This resort doesn’t sit directly the beach, but guests can access the private 2.28 Beach Club, with white sand and calm water. No natural shade but plenty of umbrellas, as well as a café/bar and water-sports counter. An easy 600m walk or take the hotel shuttle bus.
- Views: Rooms overlook the pool and/or gardens, while suites face more private gardens.
- Kitchen: Many suites feature kitchenettes with dining areas attached.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Ground-floor suites have private pools. The sole 4-bedroom suite has a jacuzzi.
- Extras: Shuttle bus to beach club and Bali Collection mall.
- Parking: Plenty of free and secure spots but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 848 0555
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: novotelnusaduabali.com
Novotel Nusa Dua – Amenities
- Pool: Massive twin-tiered pool shaped like a lagoon, featuring gazebos and vine-covered pergolas. Separate pool for the younger ones.
- Spa: The highly-trained staff at In Balance offers a multitude of treatments. Also, a sauna, beauty salon, jacuzzi, and special area (and treatments) for children.
- Fitness Center: Adjacent to the spa and part of the In Balance Wellness Center. Fully-equipped and open 24 hours.
- For Families: Playground. Children’s pool. Kid’s club & activities. Good-value package deals. Cots.
- Activities: Many offered (some free), including soccer, volleyball, yoga, and lessons in Balinese culture. Ping pong and rental of snorkeling gear and bicycles. Water sports counter at the beach club.
- Other Facilities: Pause Lounge for those who arrive before check-in time or have a late flight home. Computer station.
Novotel Nusa Dua – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: The Square – Main eatery for buffet breakfast and other meals all day. Open-air, indoors and out, and pool views. Themed dinners most nights, including barbecues and traditional dance/music. • Pause Café – One of the best in the region for homemade pastries, coffee, and light meals all day. • Gourmet Bar – Casual poolside setting for all sorts of drinks, snacks, and tapas. Open ‘til midnight. • 2.28 Beach Club – On the sand 600m away (and accessible by hotel shuttle bus). Light meals with a Mexican influence, and cocktails. Extended happy hours.
- Breakfast: Not included. Can be paid for when booking or when required. Buffet breakfast is served in The Square from 6:30-10:30 am. Baked goods, pastries, and coffee are available in Paus Café from 7 am.
- Room Service: Available from about 6 am to midnight.
Novotel Nusa Dua – Rooms
- Room Types: Deluxe Room (balcony or pool view) • One Bedroom Apartment Suite (with balcony or pool view) • Two Bedroom Apartment Suite (with balcony or pool view) • Two Bedroom Apartment Suite with Pool • Three Bedroom Suite with Terrace • Three Bedroom Apartment Suite with Pool • Four Bedroom Apartment Suite with Jacuzzi (1 only) • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking in the rooms or public areas but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: The Two Bedroom Apartment Suites with Pool also feature living areas and kitchenettes.
- For Families: Suites/apartments have 2, 3, or 4 bedrooms, each with an attached bathroom. Some also have a private pool.
Novotel Nusa Dua – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Not located within the Nusa Dua complex, so roads in the general area are less pleasant for walking, though not as noisy and busy as those in Kuta. Bicycles are available for rent at the resort, but the nearby roads are not great for cycling. Better to use the beachside path which starts about 600m away.
- Public Transport: In lieu of any public transport or shuttle buses around Bali, the Kura-Kura Bus company links Nusa Dua with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes confusing.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: To go anywhere within southern Bali, metered taxis are abundant, cheap, and comfortable. For longer distances, charter a car with a driver for a negotiable fare. Driving a car is not recommended anywhere in Bali; however, motorbikes are a fun and easy way to get around Nusa Dua and neighboring Tanjung Benoa but not elsewhere in southern Bali. All transport options can be arranged at the resort.
- Local Shuttle Buses: Free shuttle buses link major hotels in Nusa Dua with the Bali Collection mall (see below). And this is a great way to reach other resorts, beaches, and facilities in Nusa Dua and Tanjung Benoa.
Novotel Nusa Dua – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
About 300m north up the main road is a roundabout with the Southern Gate to Nusa Dua. From the roundabout, turn left (west) along Jalan Pantai Mengiat street, which offers several great options within 200m. Most offer free transfers.
- Cockatoo International Bar & Restaurant – Open-air, vibrant, and shady. For seafood, pleasing prices, and affable staff.
- Aglio Ristorante – Lovely shady setting, and more than just pizza and pasta. Popular for the funky décor and happy hours.
- Nyoman’s Beer Garden – Lively vibe, pub-style meals, and friendly staff. Also popular for their salad bar.
- Mai-Mai – Pleasant location, congenial bar, and live music.
Otherwise, take the shuttle bus to Bali Collection mall, where even more terrific cafés/bars await, including:
- Verdant Organic & True Food Kitchen – Charming decor. Serves healthy cuisine from across Indonesia.
- Bemo Corner – Casual meals in a quiet position opposite the playground.
There are a few minimarts and basic shops along the main road.
- Bali Collection – Delightful outdoor mall in Nusa Dua, with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant cafés/bars. About 1 km north up the main road through Nusa Dua, or via the shuttle bus service offered by the mall every hour or so.
- Bali National Golf Club – Offers 18 challenging holes stretching across either side of the road. The clubhouse is about 600m further south down the road from the resort entrance.