Home > Palm Springs Family Hotels
Updated: November 24, 2020
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
The 5 Best Family Resorts in Palm Springs, California
1. Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort – Rancho Mirage
Newly-renovated 240-acre property with incredible mountain vistas and luxury amenities. Extremely family-friendly with large rooms and suites, and fantastic 2-acre water playground with lazy river, water slides, Jacuzzi, beach, and fountains. Huge spa, 4 restaurants, and 27 holes of golf. Most rooms sleep a family of 4. The king suites sleep a family of 5.
2. The Oasis Resort – East Palm Canyon
Family-friendly property with Spanish architecture and beautifully-manicured grounds. Excellent location close to the Air Museum, mall, city center, and 2 golf courses, and just a 10-minute drive to the airport. Most apartments and condos sleep families of 4 to 6 comfortably and have well-equipped kitchenettes. Some have a patio with BBQ. The resort has 8 swimming pools, 5 tennis courts, billiards, racquetball, cribs, mini club, bikes for rent, Jacuzzi, sauna, spa, and gym.
3. Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa – Indian Wells
Modern and luxurious resort with 530 rooms, 7 pools, 5 restaurants, medical spa, tennis courts, and a water adventure ride. Located close to 2 top-rated golf course and shopping areas, the resort is pet-friendly and offers excellent kids programs for children aged 3-12. There are free bicycle rentals.
4. Residence Inn – Palm Desert
Good value kid-friendly resort in Palm Desert. Large group and pet-friendly rooms for longer stays. Fully-equipped kitchens but some furniture is a little old. Located a short drive from the zoo, casino, multiple golf courses, and shopping areas. Hotel offers grocery shopping, free WiFi, and complimentary buffet service, and has a heated outdoor pool, spa and tennis courts.
5. Shadow Mountain Resort & Club – Palm Desert
Historic resort and desert tennis academy. Suites with fully-equipped kitchens can sleep up to 6 adults. Resort has 5 pools, 5 whirlpools, 16 tennis courts, 2 restaurants, and a bar. The hotel offers babysitting services (for a fee). Located 5-minutes walk from El Paseo it has easy access to many shopping and dining options. Shadow Mountain Golf Course is located next to the property.
Best Hotels for Families in Downtown Palm Springs
- Hyatt Palm Springs
- Hilton Palm Springs
- Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs (one and two-bedroom bungalows are great for families)