The Asmara Heavenly Residence – Spacious, secluded villas with gorgeous views.
Dotted along cliffs about six kilometers south of Nusa Dua, this trio of villas contains three or four bedrooms, each with a private bathroom. They all feature walk-in closets, home theaters, extensive kitchen/dining areas, and sizable infinity pools surrounded by wooden decking. The largest also offers ultra-luxurious extras like a jacuzzi and games room. The bathrooms are truly open-air, with the toilet even offering views of the lovely gardens. Everything about the Asmara (which means ‘romance’ in Indonesian) is spacious, airy, and bright, maximizing the breeze and views from the clifftop setting. Some might regard it as too remote; others may consider the isolation part of the attraction.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – The Location
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road. Follow signs from the main road south of Nusa Dua.
- Area: Faces the coast along an isolated section of the southeast edge of Bukit Peninsula in southern Bali. About 6 km from the beaches, shops, and facilities of Nusa Dua.
- How to Get There: A complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport is included, but usually for a minimum booking of 3 nights. Otherwise, the only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. The trip should take about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – The Basics
- Guests: Caters almost exclusively to couples, although with 3 or 4 bedrooms, it is ideal for families or small groups. But many guests are honeymooners.
- Beach: Steep steps lead about 300m down to a tiny beach which tends to disappear, or at least become unusable, during high tide.
- Views: All villas offer broad ocean views, but these are obstructed to some degree by other buildings.
- Kitchen: Each villa contains a fully-equipped kitchen and extensive dining room.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: Each villa features a private, decent-sized infinity pool. And 1 villa also has an outdoor jacuzzi.
- Extras: Each villa includes services of a butler, available 24/7.
- Wi-Fi: Provided free throughout for all guests.
- Parking: Enough free and secure parking spots, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)812 3886 888
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: theasmaranusadua.com
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – Amenities
- Pool: There is no common pool as each villa has a private pool.
- Spa: Limited services available, but more can be arranged through reception.
- Fitness Center: Not expected or provided at such a small resort.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – Food and Drink
- Restaurant & Bar: Not expected or provided at such a small resort, especially as all villas have kitchens.
- Breakfast: Breakfast is included and delivered to the villas.
- Room Service: Each villa has access to a butler 24 hours a day, but the only food or drinks delivered to the villa are at breakfast.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – Rooms
- Room Types: Only 3 villas available, with 3 or 4 bedrooms.
- Smoking Rooms: None of the rooms allow smoking, but this is permitted outside.
- Best Room: The villa with 4 bedrooms also has a jacuzzi and a games room.
- For Families: Each villa has a kitchen, lounge, and dining room, as well as 3 or 4 bedrooms, so they are ideal for families – but it’s too isolated and seems far more suitable for couples.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence Nusa Dua – Local Transport
- Walking: There are no facilities of any sort within walking distance.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Neither venture along this part of the isolated coast.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Nowhere local to rent a motorbike or car (which is not recommended around Bali anyway). A chartered car with a driver or metered taxi can be arranged through the reception.
The Asmara Heavenly Residence – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
The nearest restaurants and bars are in neighboring resorts about 2 km away and only accessible via the road. These 2 resorts offer fine dining and extraordinary views: Ulu Segara and Samabe. Otherwise, arrange a lift through reception to the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua, and try:
- Frangipani Bali Restaurant – Cute courtyard setting.
- Verdant Organic & True Food Kitchen – Delightful décor and healthy food from across Indonesia.
- Bebek Tepi Sawah – Ubud institution, renowned for crispy duck.
- Nowhere to spend any money nearby, so get a lift (or order a taxi or chartered car) to Bali Collection, a lovely outdoor mall with a sizable array of shops.