• Location: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan.
• Hotel website: ulusegara.com
• Hotel phone: +62 (0)361 846 8188
• Check prices for Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – Contemporary, intimate, and elegant, with endless sea views.
Far smaller and less pretentious than neighboring mega resorts, the Ulu Segara faces a narrow private beach that disappears at high tide. The villas are massive with modern décor, garden inside and out, and plenty of windows. They also feature bathrooms as large as the bedroom, plunge pools with gazebos, and comfortable living, kitchen, and dining areas. In the curved six-level block overlooking the clifftop infinity pool, the suites feature stylish Asian décor, kitchenettes, huge living areas, and broad balconies from which the sea views are sublime. The regular shuttle bus to Nusa Dua compensates for the isolation.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – The Location
- Area: Faces the coast along an isolated section of southeast Bukit Peninsula in southern Bali. About 6 km from the beaches, shops, and facilities of Nusa Dua.
- Address: Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan road. Follow the signs from the main road south of Nusa Dua.
- How to Get There: A complimentary airport pickup is included. Otherwise, the only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car. The trip should take about 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – The Basics
- Guests: More secluded ‘villa vibe’ for couples rather than a family-friendly resort.
- Beach: Accessible by numerous steps, the tiny narrow beach all but disappears at high tide.
- Views: All suites face the sea, with direct views of the ocean (but not beach), while those on the lower levels are angled more towards the pool.
- Kitchen: Villas feature kitchens and dining areas, and the suites come with smaller kitchenettes.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: 10 villas feature private plunge pools.
- Extras: Free shuttle bus service to Nusa Dua and airport pick-up.
- Parking: Some limited free and secure parking available, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +62 (0)361 846 8188
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: ulusegara.com
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – Amenities
- Pool: The gorgeous clifftop infinity pool is in front of the block of rooms, with a swim-up bar and plenty of lounge chairs.
- Spa: The Solace Spa is modest, with the usual treatments offered.
- Fitness Center: Impressive size, featuring all the latest equipment.
- Other Facilities: Library.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Angkasa Lounge Lobby Bar – At the reception area with an intimate setting and panoramic views. • Ulu Segara Restaurant & Bar – Romantic, with an extensive menu offering contemporary cuisine. • Cawan Pool Bar – Swim-up or lounge about on chairs with a cocktail or snack.
- Breakfast: Not normally included, but this depends on the type of room and booking.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – Rooms
- Room Types: Suite • Presidential Room • Villa with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Strict no-smoking policy in the rooms and public areas, but permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Villas are the most luxurious – all with ocean views, private pools, kitchens, and open-air living/dining rooms. They feature 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms.
- For Families: Some villas contain 2 or 3 bedrooms, along with a private pool and living/kitchen/dining area.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – Local Transport
- Walking: There are no facilities of any sort within walking distance.
- Public Transport & Shuttle Buses: Neither venture along this part of the isolated coast.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Nowhere local to rent a motorbike or car (which is not recommended around Bali anyway). A chartered car with a driver or metered taxi can be arranged through the reception.
Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants & Bars
Being so isolated, the options close by are limited to the 2 neighboring resorts:
- Samabe (650m via the backstreets) – Elegant dining options, including the Crystal Blue Ocean Grill. Couple of minutes’ walk via the beach.
- Ritz-Carlton (1.5 km via the main road): Finest of there several restaurants here is the exquisite Bejana clifftop restaurant which specializes in Indonesian food. Few minute’s walk along the beach.
Otherwise, use the resort shuttle service and visit the Bali Collection mall in Nusa Dua, and try:
- Coco Bistro – Always popular for tasty food and affordable prices.
- Gourmet & Café – Delightful shady setting at the main gate.
- Nowhere to spend any money nearby, so hop on the shuttle bus to Bali Collection, a delightful and extensive outdoor mall in Nusa Dua with department stores, cavernous souvenir shops, and abundant café/bars.