• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
See Also: The Best Hotels in Athens
The 6 Best Hotels near the Athens Airport
1. Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens – Luxury
Sprawling luxury 5-star resort located on an exclusive peninsula 22km south of Athens (40-minute drive) and 23.6km from Athens International Airport (28-minute drive) with 3 private beaches, tennis courts, and a variety of restaurants and bars. High-end amenities include a full-service spa, fitness center, and marble bathrooms in every guest room (sea views from most).
2. Sofitel Athens Airport – Luxury
Located at Athens International Airport, this luxurious hotel is just steps from the main terminal and the metro station (for trains to central Athens) and 35.5km (a 45-minute drive) to attractions like the Acropolis and the Parthenon. Hotel amenities include 2 restaurants, 2 bars, room service, an indoor heated pool, gym, salon, and on-site parking. This is the only hotel that is walking distance to the Athens airport.
3. Holiday Inn Athens Attica Ave, Airport W – Luxury
Upscale hotel with free airport shuttle service located a 10-minute drive (12.7km) from Athens International Airport and 21.6km (40-minute drive) from Downtown Athens. In addition to free on-site parking, hotel amenities include an indoor pool, gym, restaurant, bar, and open lobby with Playstations and iMac computers, and every guest room has a desk and tea/coffee facilities.
4. Palmyra Beach Hotel – Luxury
Modern hotel with amenities including an outdoor pool, poolside bar, restaurant, lounge bar, and fitness center, and some guest rooms feature balconies and sea views. Located a 3-minute walk (240m) to Glyfada Beach, a 4-minute walk (300m) to the closest tram stop, 15km (40-minute drive) to Downtown Athens, and 24.5km (26-minute drive) from Athens International Airport.
5. Avra Hotel – Moderate
Modern, good value hotel with free parking, restaurant, bar, breakfast available for a fee, and balconies in all guest rooms. The hotel offers free shuttle service to/from Athens International Airport (15.4km, 22-minute drive) and is located a 5-minute walk (400m) from the Port of Rafina, and numerous restaurants, bars, and the beach are found within a couple blocks.
6. Hotel London – Moderate
Comfortable and inexpensive hotel with a restaurant and a bar located a 3-minute walk (270m) to the Glyfada Beach, a 5-minute walk (450m) to the Vergoti Square subway station and a tram stop, and 25km (27-minute drive) from Athens International Airport. A complimentary breakfast buffet every morning, free parking is available nearby, and all guest rooms have balconies (some with sea views) and desks.