Greece › Athens › Airport Hotels
Updated: January 26, 2023
By Santorini Dave
Hotels on Map: 1. Sofitel Athens Airport • 2. Holiday Inn Athens Attica Ave • 3. Galini Palace • 4. Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso • 5. Four Seasons Astir Palace • 6. Avra Hotel • 7. A for Athens
The Sofitel Athens Airport is the only hotel located at the Athens Airport. (I’ve stayed here several times and have never had a bad stay).
The next closest hotel to the airport is the Holiday Inn (13 km and a 10-minute drive from the airport).
After those two options, your best bet is staying in Rafina, the Athens Riviera (a stretch of beach towns south of the city), or central Athens. If you want to stay in central Athens but still get to the airport quickly and easily then try either A for Athens or 360 Degrees – both are steps from the Monastiraki metro station with direct trains to the airport and the Piraeus ferry port.
7 Best Hotels near Athens Airport
1. Sofitel Athens Airport – Luxury
• Great hotel. The only hotel located at the airport.
• 2-minute walk to the main terminal (both Arrivals & Departures) and train station.
• 40-minutes by train or car to central Athens.
• Soundproof rooms. 24-hour room service and reception.
• Air conditioning, safe deposit, minibar, pay TV, video on demand, high-speed Internet.
• 2 restaurants, 2 bars, indoor heated pool, gym, salon, and on-site parking.
2. Holiday Inn Athens Attica Ave – Midrange
• Good hotel with little nearby but convenient for the airport.
• Free shuttle bus to the airport, 10 minute drive.
• Free parking.
• X95 public bus stops just outside the hotel and runs between central Athens (Syntagma Square, 30 minutes) and the airport.
• Indoor pool, free wifi, small fitness center.
• 1 restaurant (open 24 hours). Room service 6:30am to midnight.
3. Galini Palace – Budget
• Good value hotel located on the Athens Riviera, 17 km south of central Athens.
• 20 minute, 21 km drive from the airport.
• X96 airport bus stops directly in front of the hotel.
• Taxi from Galini Hotel to Athens Airport: about 30 minutes, 35-40€.
• Sea View rooms have nice views but also face a noisy road.
• About an hour by inexpensive public transportation to central Athens and Piraeus ferry port.
• Good restaurants and swimming beaches are within an easy walk.
• Free parking.
• Free breakfast – simple buffet with pastries, fruit, toast, coffee, etc.
4. Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso – Luxury
• Great resort located on the Athens Riviera, 18 km south of central Athens.
• Wonderful private beach, sea swimming, indoor and outdoor pools.
• Many restaurants and lots of shopping nearby.
• 12-minute walk on busy road to X96 airport bus.
• Underground valet parking for a fee.
• Taxi from Divani Hotel to Athens Airport: about 30 minutes, 35-40€.
• Free shuttle to Glyfada shopping area and central Athens but not to airport.
5. Four Seasons Astir Palace – Luxury
• Sprawling 5-star luxury resort on the Athens Riviera, 22 km south of central Athens.
• Outstanding facilities and amenities. Most units have a sea view.
• 3 private beaches, saltwater pool, tennis courts, basketball court, 8 restaurants & bars, full-service spa, fitness center.
• Water sports, paddleboarding, kayaking, snorkeling, jogging trails (across the 100-acre property).
• Shopping and golf club nearby.
• Boat access and helipad.
• Taxi from Four Seasons to Athens Airport: about 40 minutes, 40-45€.
• Valet parking for a fee.
6. Avra Hotel – Midrange
• Modern, good value hotel close to Rafina ferry port (not the main ferry port at Piraeus).
• Restaurant, bar, balconies in all guest rooms, free parking.
• Free shuttle service to/from Athens International Airport, 25 km, 30 minutes.
• Taxi from Avra Hotel to Athens Airport: about 30 minutes, 30-40€.
• Many restaurants, bars, and beach are within a couple blocks.
• Breakfast starts at 6 am (perfect for most ferry departures).
• 5-minute walk, 400m, to the ferry port.
• The Rafina port is best for ferries to Mykonos, Andros, & Tinos. In high season there are also ferries to Santorini, Naxos, Paros, and Crete.
7. A for Athens – Midrange
• Awesome location near Monastiraki and direct trains to both the Athens airport and the Piraeus ferry port
• Easy walk to Plaka, Acropolis, and the top sights of central Athens.
• Great rooftop bar with Acropolis views.
Map of Athens Airport Hotels
The Sofitel Athens Airport is the only hotel located at the Athens Airport.
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Family Hotels in Athens
- Best Cheap Hotels in Athens
- Where to Stay in Athens
- Best Time to Visit Athens
- Best Tours & Things to Do in Athens
- Best Museums in Athens
- Best Restaurants in Athens
- Best Bars and Clubs in Athens
- Best Shopping in Athens
- Getting Around Athens
- Maps of Athens
- Piraeus (Athens) Ferry Port Guide
- Athens Airport Car Rental
- Athens to Santorini
- Athens to Mykonos
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter