Map of Hotels in Central Athens
The 14 Best Places to Stay in Athens
All the hotels listed here are close to shops, bars, and restaurants, and are walking distance to all the top historical sites of central Athens.
- A for Athens – Great hotel steps from the Monastiraki metro station (for direct trains to the Piraeus ferry port and the airport).
- Athens Gate Hotel – Very close to Plaka and Acropolis Museum and directly across from Hadrian’s Gate and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- AthensWas – The best hotel in the Plaka area, surrounded by bars and restaurants and close to the Acropolis Museum and a metro station.
- Ava Hotel and Suites – Great location in Plaka and a two-minute walk to Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Charming hotel.
- Divani Palace Acropolis – In the non-touristy neighborhood of Koukaki. Close to the Acropolis and steps from the Acropolis Museum.
- Electra Hotel – On a funky pedestrian-only street, close to Syntagma and walking distance to Plaka and Monastiraki metro station.
- Electra Palace Hotel Athens – The best hotel location in the heart of Plaka. Great views of the Acropolis. On a quiet street but steps from shops and restaurants.
- Grande Bretagne – The best luxury hotel in Athens, located on the city’s most famous square. The Syntagma Metro Station is steps from the hotel.
- King George – Directly beside the Grande Bretagne on Syntagma Square.
- New Hotel – Superb boutique hotel, steps from the shops and restaurants of the Plaka.
- NJV Athens Plaza – Beside the King George Hotel and on Syntagma Square.
- Phaedra Hotel – Affordable hotel in great location in the Plaka.
- Plaka Hotel – In Plaka and close to Monastiraki metro station.
- Royal Olympic Hotel – Close to Hadrian’s Gate and across a busy road from Plaka and the Acropolis Museum.