My Favorite Hotels in Rhodes
The Best Places to Stay in Rhodes
• Rhodes Town: The island’s capital and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Rhodes Town is a must-see destination and the best place to stay in Rhodes for first-time visitors. Divided into the medieval Old Town and the modern New Town, it offers an energetic blend of history, culture, and contemporary life. The narrow cobblestone streets of the Old Town, lined with shops, restaurants, and historic landmarks have a touristy vibe but are undeniably charming and enchanting. Best hotel in Old Town: Nikos Takis • Best hotel in New Town: Mitsis Grand Beach Hotel
• Lindos: This picturesque village is known for its whitewashed houses, beautiful beaches, and the impressive Acropolis of Lindos, which overlooks the town from a hilltop. The crystal-clear waters of St. Paul’s Bay and Lindos Beach make it an great spot for swimming and sunbathing, while the village’s narrow streets and quality tavernas offer a idyllic backdrop. Best hotel: Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel
• Faliraki: Famous for its golden sandy beaches and vibrant nightlife, Faliraki is a popular destination for travelers seeking sun, sea, and fun. The main beach offers a wide range of water sports and beachside amenities, while the lively town center boasts an array of restaurants, bars, and clubs. Best hotel: Elysium
• Kiotari: This peaceful resort area, located on the southeast coast of Rhodes, offers a tranquil retreat for those seeking relaxation and natural beauty. The pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters of Kiotari make it a perfect spot for swimming, snorkeling, and sunbathing, while the nearby village provides a taste of traditional Greek hospitality. Best hotel: Mayia Exclusive Resort & Spa – Adults Only
• Ialyssos: Situated on the northwest coast of Rhodes, Ialyssos combines history, culture, and good wind surfing. The ancient city of Ialysos, with its archaeological sites and stunning views, is a must-visit. The long stretch of pebbly beach offers a range of water sports and beachside amenities, while the town center has ample dining and shopping options. Ixia is just to the east and has a similar atmosphere. Best hotel: Sea Melody Beach Hotel Apartments
• Stegna: This small, laid-back fishing village on the east coast of Rhodes offers a charming escape from the hustle and bustle of the island’s larger resorts. The secluded Stegna Beach, with its crystal-clear waters and relaxed atmosphere, is good for swimming or sunbathing. The village itself features a handful of traditional shops and tavernas. Best hotel: Stegna Sea & Sun
• Prasonisi: Located at the southernmost tip of Rhodes, Prasonisi is a haven for windsurfers and kitesurfers due to its unique geographical position and consistent winds. The sandy beach here forms a narrow spit of land that connects the main island to a small islet, creating a stunning backdrop for water activities. Best hotel: Zanetos Prasonisi
The 15 Best Hotels in Rhodes
1. Nikos Takis Fashion Boutique Hotel – Rhodes Old Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 70773
The best hotel in the Old Town of Rhodes. Stunning, exotic boutique hotel, steps from the Grand Master Palace in the middle of the Medieval Old Town, featuring eclectic, individually themed (Morocco, Medieval, and more), strikingly-colored rooms and suites (3 rooms/5 suites) with tiled/marble floors, kettles, and sea/garden/town/Palace views. Rooms have distinctive touches like stone walls and arches and iron chandeliers, and suites add sitting areas, colorful inlaid headboards, indoor/outdoor jacuzzis, draped hand-embroidered fabrics, terraces, painted cupboards, and 4-poster beds. No pool. Great location a short walk from the main sights and surrounded by restaurants and shops.
2. Kokkini Porta Rossa – Rhodes Old Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 75114
Impeccable, charming boutique hotel, located in a former knight’s residence on the edge of Rhodes old town, with a very hospitable home-away-from-home vibe. It has 6 superb suites featuring exposed stonework, sitting rooms with daybeds, and freestanding bathtubs/outdoor soaking tubs/jacuzzis. Individual suites have special touches like lofts, sofabeds, beds with unique/lighted headboards, a private garden with a deep soaking bathtub, and an unusual wooden roofed balcony. Lacks a pool. Many restaurants, boutiques, and more are within walking distance.
3. Lindos Blu Luxury Hotel – Lindos
Hotel Phone: +30 22440 32110
Exclusive, modern, adults-only hotel, set on a hillside overlooking the Vlycha Bay with well-lit, neutral toned rooms, suites, maisonettes, and villas, featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, jacuzzis, mood lighting, and balconies with panoramic bay views. Upgraded rooms feature large balconies with sunbeds & shared pools (1 pool between 2 rooms), bathtubs with overhead star lights or walk-in wardrobes &, dressing areas, and double jacuzzis on the balconies. Suites add living areas and upgrades feature shared pools. One-story villas have living rooms, French windows, and private infinity pools with double jacuzzis while the 2-story maisonettes add state-of-the-art gyms and jacuzzis in the bedrooms. Lindos village is 6 km away.
4. Melenos Art Boutique Hotel – Lindos
Hotel Phone: +30 22440 32222
Set on a hill and loaded with character & color, this stunning Ottoman-era-influenced boutique hotel features gorgeous, individually designed suites and one villa, with extensive hand-carved woodwork, tapestries on walls, ornate closets and mirrors, carved village doors, chests, traditional ‘step-up’ wooden Rhodian beds, sofabeds, sitting areas, and beautiful sea/partial sea/garden views. Upgraded suites feature private balconies/patios with pebbled mosaics and mosaic bathrooms. The lone villa features a kitchen (fridge, cooking facilities) and a large terrace with panoramic sea views. There’s a very popular rooftop restaurant topped by medieval-style tents. No pool but the Lindos village center and the beach are a short stroll away.
5. In Camera Art Boutique Hotel – Rhodes Old Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 77277
Exquisite boutique hotel in the heart of Rhodes Old Town with fancy, photography themed suites (Nike of Samothraki, Forms of Light and more) and living areas with sofabeds, photographic items on display, and wooden/ceramic floors. The 3-level, Forms-of-Light room has 2 terraces with harbor views and the top-end family villa, Places in Suspension, has a fully-equipped kitchen, dining area, jacuzzi, fireplace, and a large terrace. Lacks a pool. Has a communal jacuzzi in the courtyard.
6. Avalon Boutique Suites – Rhodes Old Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 31438
Rustic, stone-walled, medieval retreat-styled boutique hotel in Rhodes Old Town featuring 6 spacious, themed, beautifully decorated suites (Mythos, Eros, and more) with antiques, double-glazed windows, bathtubs with jacuzzis/hyromassage columns, fireplaces (some), and balconies/patios with lovely town/port/courtyard views. Suites can be bi-level, have handcrafted iron beds, convertible couches, glass jacuzzis, stained glass windows, and 4-poster beds depending on the type. Lacks a pool. Good location within walking distance of many restaurants, historic sights, and the port.
7. Hotel Ellique – Rhodes Old Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 34943
Delightful, adults-only, renovated 14th-century property in Rhodes Old Town featuring 4 picturesque, color-coded rooms with high ceilings, oak floors, open stonework, antique furniture, lead lighting, custom-made tiles, included breakfast, and overlooking a courtyard. Lacks a pool. Many restaurants, shops, cafes, and more in the neighborhood.
8. Sheraton Rhodes Resort – Kritika
Hotel Phone: +30 2241 075000
Slick, modern hotel, offering minimalistic, stylish rooms and suites with parquet floors, floor-to-ceiling windows, and furnished private balconies with mountain/garden/sea views. Suites add living areas and additional amenities such as VIP check-in and more. Hotel has direct access to a private beach. Rhodes town is 3.5 km away.
9. Atrium Prestige Thalasso Resort – Lachania
Hotel Phone: +30 22440 46222
Fabulous, beachfront resort featuring a huge variety of stylish rooms, suites, bungalows, and villas with hand-painted ceilings, jacuzzis, floor-to-ceiling windows, and furnished terraces/balconies with garden/sea views. Upgrades add personal pools, grassy terraces, jacuzzis with ceiling starlight effects, and lounge areas, depending on the room or suite category. Some bungalows and villas have wooden pergolas and/or personal pools with decks. As there’s not much within walking distance, it’s best to have your own transport. Lindos village is 34 kms away.
10. Elite Suites by Rhodes Bay – Ixia
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 89900
Romantic, all-suite, hillside boutique hotel overlooking the Ixia bay, featuring fantastic, modern, well-laid-out suites, all of them (except for the entry-level suites) offering breathtaking bay views from the outdoor private pools (with wooden decks and jacuzzis). All suites have wooden floors, spacious sitting areas, bathtubs, smart controls for curtains & lights, and floor-to-ceiling windows. Upgraded suites get cozy private gardens with sun loungers accessed via a wooden bridge from the living room, and the top-end Presidential suite has a bigger private pool. The hotel has a quirky, standout spa with a freshwater, black swimming pool, Asian/Japanese-themed treatment rooms, algotherapy, color therapy, and more. Located 3 kms from Rhodes town.
11. Rodos Niohori Elite Suites – Rhodes Town
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 32414
Welcoming, exclusive, and traditional home, with 3 thoughtfully-designed suites (named after flowers) having unique features (a stone fireplace, gnarled wood staircase, sofabed, dining room, terrace, and more, depending on the suite), fridges, and breakfast included. No pool. Located close to many excellent restaurants and is a short walk away from the beach and Rhodes old town.
12. Elysium Resort & Spa – Faliraki
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 45700
Trendy, beachfront hotel 10 kms from Rhodes town, with spacious, modern rooms and suites featuring chic furniture, sitting areas, bathtubs, and furnished balconies with amazing sea views. Superior Deluxe rooms add jacuzzis (glass panel mechanism permits sea views). Luxury suites have walk-in closets, large living rooms with dining tables, bigger balconies, jacuzzis, and Elite club services. The top-end Presidential Suite has dimmable lights, mind-blowing sea views, and a deep whirlpool bath (right in front of the bed). Hotel has a freshwater lagoon-style pool and a sandy private beach.
13. Atrium Platinum Resort & Spa – Kritika
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 44901
Snazzy, modern hotel with sophisticated and bright rooms and suites with jacuzzis, balconies, and sea views. Upgraded rooms have terraces with shared pools or personal heated pools. Upgraded suites have personal pools, lounge areas, and more depending on the type. Located 4 kms from Rhodes town.
14. Rodos Palladium – Faliraki
Hotel Phone: +30 22410 57300
Sprawling, classy hotel, 10 kms from Rhodes town, featuring warmly decorated, double/twin rooms, family rooms, and suites with pull-out beds, bidets, bathtubs, fridges, and private furnished balconies with beautiful mountain/sea views. Superior double/twin rooms add sofabeds. Suites add living rooms and the top-end suites add entertainment systems. Has a large lagoon-style pool.
15. Atrium Palace Thalasso Spa Resort & Villas – Kalathos
Hotel Phone: +30 22440 31601
Fusing classical Greek and Italian styles, this lovely resort has airy, picturesque rooms, suites, and villas with bathtubs/showers and balconies/terraces with garden/partial sea/sea views. The top-end room adds a private pool with sun deck and a jacuzzi. Villas (recommended) have handcrafted furniture, wooden pergolas, private heated pools, and jacuzzis. The hotel has a state-of-the-art spa with chromotherapy, underwater jet-massages, hydro jet showers and more. 6 kms away from Lindos village.