• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
- Skiathos Town makes a great base for a holiday vacation. Loaded with restaurants, shops, and nightlife.
- The best beaches are a short drive from Skiathos Town – but the funnest way to explore is by doing a boat tour around the island with swim and snorkel stops at the best spots. (Go to the harbor to find tour boats.)
The 11 Best Hotels in Skiathos, Greece
1. Mystery Hotel – Skiathos Town
Elegant 10-Suite hotel, located a short walk away from the Skiathos Town center, having spacious, bright suites with mini-bars, wet bars, sleeper sofas and private furnished balconies. Deluxe suites have a yacht-like ambience, executive suites have outdoor jacuzzis with lovely views and the top-end (apartment-like) grand villa suite has its own private terrace. Hotel phone: +30 24270 29400.
2. Bourtzi Boutique Hotel – Skiathos Town
Located in the heart of Skiathos Town, this tranquil, modern boutique hotel features immaculate, contemporary, colourful rooms with mini-bars, fridges, bathtubs (some) and private furnished balconies. The larger superior rooms have marble floors and overlook the swimming pool. Close to the harbour, shops and restaurants. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 21304.
3. Magic Hotel – Agia Paraskevi
Set on a hill, 6 km away from Skiathos Town, this hotel offers nicely decorated rooms and suites with fridges and balconies with beautiful sea/garden views. Deluxe rooms add pretty 4-poster beds and bathtubs. Junior suites are two-level loft style suites with deep soak bath tubs, superior suites have 4-poster beds and whirpool baths, and the top-end executive suites have jacuzzi/whirlpool bathtubs and more spacious balconies. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 49453.
4. Skiathos Princess – Agia Paraskevi
Located right on the beach, 7 kms outside of town, this kid-friendly resort has pretty rooms, family rooms and suites with bathtubs, mini-bars, and verandahs. Top-end rooms feature private pools with sea/garden views, wooden patios and direct garden access, and top-end family rooms have private gardens. Suites add sitting areas and range from ones with beach/pool views to those having large private pools, verandahs with patios & gardens and sea views. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 49731.
5. Meltemi Boutique by Manthos Hotels – Skiathos Town
A quick stroll away from the town center, next to Skiathos’ port, this contemporary hotel features minimalistic, somber toned, rooms, suites and triple rooms with touch panel room controls, mini-bars and private balconies with sea views. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 22493.
6. Mandraki Village Boutique Hotel – Koukounaries Beach
A short walk away from Koukounaries beach and 12 km from Skiathos Town, this family-friendly, boutique hotel set in an acre of beautiful gardens, features bright hued, cheerful rooms and suites with sofa beds, mini-fridges and balconies/terraces. Suites add sitting areas and hydro massage jet showers. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 49301.
7. Kassandra Bay Resort – Vassilias Beach
Beautiful beachfront resort with 2 saltwater pools, 3 kms from town, featuring a range of modern, large, airy rooms, suites and maisonettes, having fridges with mini-bars and good-sized balconies/terraces with garden/sea views. Upgraded rooms have living areas with sofabeds, masionettes have bathtubs and basic suites have en-suite jacuzzis. The high-end KB suites (wide range) have private balconies with panoramic sea views or outdoor jacuzzis (with sea views) or terraces with private pools & garden & sea views, depending on the category. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 24201.
8. Atrium Hotel – Agia Paraskevi
Tasteful, monastic style, hillside hotel, 7 kms from town, featuring a range of spacious, fresh & breezy rooms, suites and maisonettes with wooden floors, fridges, bathtubs and private balconies with spectacular sea views. Upgraded rooms add private outdoor gardens and garden jacuzzis. Suites (some split-level) have living rooms with traditional, built-in sofabeds and upgraded suites either sport shared infinity pools or large patios with private pools. Maisonettes have patios & shared pools. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 49345.
9. La Piscine Art Hotel – Skiathos Town
A short walk away from the town center, this well-designed hotel offers pristine, lovely rooms and suites with mini-bars and balconies. Standard rooms have shared balconies, deluxe rooms have private balconies with mountain/garden views and junior suites have circular beds & two private balconies with mountain views. Hotel Phone: +30 23105 92100.
10. Golden King Villas – Vassilias Beach
Stunning, all-villa property set across the road from a beach, 2.7 km away from town, featuring very spacious, lovely villas with well equipped kitchens, private pools, jacuzzi bathtubs and large furnished balconies with fantastic sea views. The beach is easily accessed via a short passageway. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 22430.
11. Aegean Suites Hotel – Megali Ammos
Picturesque, hillside, all-suite hotel, within walking distance of Skiathos Town, having elegant, spacious suites. Standard suites have living areas, mini-bars and garden terraces and upgrades get you sea views. The more romantic ‘Charming’ suites have private patios and open air jacuzzis and the ‘Heaven’ suites have big private teak wood terraces with jacuzzis. Has no elevator so opt for lower level rooms if steps are an issue. There’s a beach across the road. Hotel Phone: +30 24270 24066-69.