Greece › Thessaloniki Hotels
by Santorini Dave • Updated: January 30, 2023
Thessaloniki – Best Areas
- Ladadika: Charming neighborhood popular with both locals and tourists. Known for its nightlife, lively atmosphere, and traditional taverns. Close to the ferry port.
- White Tower & Waterfront: A historic landmark that is located on the waterfront and offers great views of the city and the sea. The two best museums in the city (Archaeological Museum and Museum of Byzantine Culture) are nearby.
- Ano Poli: The old town of Thessaloniki. Home to interesting ruins, traditional houses, narrow streets, and several historic churches and monuments.
- Aristotelous Square: This is the city’s main square and is surrounded by cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- Tsimiski Street: This is the main shopping street in Thessaloniki and offers a variety of boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants. Egnatia is also a prominent shopping street.
The 11 Best Hotels in Thessaloniki
All the hotels below (except for The Met) are centrally located and within walking distance of the city’s key attractions and main shopping and dining district.
1. Electra Palace – Tsimiski/Aristotelous Square
Awesome waterfront location overlooking Aristotelous Square and surrounded by trendy bars and restaurants. Luxurious rooms and two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor on the rooftop). This is the best five-star hotel in Thessaloniki.
2. Daios Luxury Living – White Tower/Waterfront
Great luxury hotel. Sea-view rooms have amazing waterfront views. Rooms with balconies are worth the upgrade.
3. The Met – Ladadika/Port
Fantastic rooftop pool and bar. Large indoor jacuzzi. Close to bus and train station but not ideal for exploring the city. Free shuttle bus to city center.
4. The Excelsior – Tsimiski/Aristotelous Square
Trendy boutique hotel with great location. The Penthouse Suite is amazing!
5. Mediterranean Palace – Ladadika/Port
Wonderful views of the waterfront. Junior Suites are great for families of 4 or 5. Walking distance to the ferry port.
6. Capsis Bristol Boutique Hotel – Ladadika/Port
Charming friendly hotel close to nightlife and many restaurants. Close to the ferry terminal.
7. Egnatia Palace Hotel & Spa – Egnatia/Center
Great hotel and central location. The X1 airport bus stops just outside the front door. The Deluxe Suite is the best family room in the city and sleeps a group of six.
8. The Caravan – Egnatia/Center
A funky and fun B&B hotel in the center of Thessaloniki. Great place to stay for shopping and nightlife.
9. Trilogy House – White Tower/Tsimiski
Small boutique hotel (9 rooms) with a friendly vibe. Close to waterfront and numerous cafes, bars, and restaurants.
10. Park Hotel – Egnatia/Ano Poli
Inexpensive good value hotel on the border of Thessaloniki’s charming Old Town – but still an easy walk to the city center and waterfront.
11. Blue Bottle Boutique Hotel – Egnatia/Ano Poli
Cheap single rooms, simple double rooms, and large family rooms. All with great location and friendly staff.
- Greece – Travel Guide
- Mainland Greece – Travel Guide
- Athens Travel Guide
- Mykonos Travel Guide
- Santorini Travel Guide
- Best Greek Beaches
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Hotels in Corfu
- Best Hotels in Crete
- Best Hotels in Delphi
- Best Hotels in Folegandros
- Best Hotels in Ios
- Best Hotels in Kefalonia
- Best Hotels in Kos
- Best Hotels near the Meteora
- Best Hotels in Milos
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Naxos
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Rhodes
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Serifos
- Best Hotels in Sifnos
- Best Hotels in Skiathos
- Best Hotels in Skopelos
- Best Hotels in Zakynthos