• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
Venice Hotels – Tips and Advice
- Booking.com – the best site for booking Venice hotels.
- Best Luxury Hotel in Venice: Belmond Hotel Cipriani
- Best Boutique Hotel in Venice: Ca’ Maria Adele
- Best Hotel for Families in Venice: Hotel Bisanzio
- Where To Stay in Venice: The San Marco, Dorsoduro, Castello, and Cannaregio are all centrally located and good areas to stay for first time visitors to Venice.
The 9 Best Hotels in Venice, Italy
1. Belmond Hotel Cipriani – Giudecca
Tranquil, classic Venetian-charm hotel, located on Giudecca Island, a short boat ride away from the city, featuring charming rooms and suites with ipod docks, mini-bars, bathtubs (some), balconies/terraces (some) and spectacular garden & vineyard/lagoon views (recommend the latter). Upgraded Palazzetto rooms add kitchenettes, private butler services and views of St. Mark’s square. Poolside suites have direct access to the pool and the top-end Palladio suites have floor-to-ceilings windows with outstanding views, jacuzzis and plunge pools on the private terraces. Hotel has an excellent Olympic-size, outdoor, seawater swimming pool and a Michelin star restaurant. Hotel Phone: +39 041 240 801.
2. Sina Centurion Palace – Dorsoduro
Overlooking the Grand Canal and housed in a 19th century Palazzo, this hotel features distinctive, boldly-colored rooms and suites, with plush contemporary interiors & Venetian touches, wood-beam ceilings, burnished gold leaf in bathrooms and mini-bars. Suites add sitting areas; some suites are bi-level, some have bathtubs. Hotel Phone: +39 041 34281.
3. Hotel Gritti Palace – San Marco
Fabulous hotel set along the Grand Canal in a beautifully restored palazzo, featuring lavishly furnished, spacious, Venetian fantasy-like rooms and suites with high ceilings, Murano glass chandeliers, antiques, splendid marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, balconies (some) and mini-bars. Upgraded rooms have hand-painted ceilings, restored mirrors, heritage headboards and top-notch views. Suites add living areas, entertainment systems and upgraded suites add wet bars, art books, walk-in closets, powder rooms, hand-painted harpsichords, frescoes, and private rooftop terraces with jacuzzis, depending on the category. The Hemingway Presidential suite has Ernest Hemingway’s own club chair. Hotel Phone: +39 041 794611.
4. Bauer Il Palazzo – San Marco
Centrally located within walking distance of key attractions, this stunning hotel set in a historic palazzo has lovely, striking rooms with Art Deco & Venetian style interiors, marble bathrooms with bathtubs and mini-bars. Upgraded rooms have period furniture, Murano glass chandeliers and balconies (some). Suites add living areas, jacuzzis (some) and better views. Hotel Phone: +39 041 520 7022.
5. Baglioni Hotel Luna – San Marco
Close to St Mark’s Square, this well located, grand Venetian-style hotel, has luxe, tastefully decorated rooms and suites with silk brocade wall linings, wood floors, Murano chandeliers, marble bathrooms and mini-bars. Entry-level suites have sitting areas and lagoon views (some) and upgraded suites add living rooms, French beds, very spacious furnished terraces, antique furniture (from private collections) and more bedrooms depending on the category. Hotel Phone: +39 041 5289840.
6. Hotel Londra Palace – Castello
A short walk away from St. Mark’s square, this Illustrious, small, historic hotel has individually decorated, vibrantly colored rooms and suites with fabric-covered walls, lots of natural light, Biedermeier furniture, carpeted floors, marble bathtubs, mini-bars and superb city/San Marco Basin views. Upgraded rooms have balconies (some), some suites add balconies, terraces and top-end suites add living rooms and hydromassage baths. Hotel Phone: +39 041 5200533.
7. Ca’ Maria Adele – Dorsoduro
Small, 12-room, stunning boutique hotel with an intimate, romantic vibe, set in the peaceful art quarter, featuring exquisitely designed, concept rooms (Room of moors, Noir rooms and more) and suites, with damask walls, balconies (some), marble fireplaces, Palladian floors, black Murano glass chandeliers and mini-bars, depending on the type. Suites have a more contemporary feel and add seating areas, terraces (some) with the top-end suite sporting illuminated vases on wooden beams and a chromotherapy whirlpool right in front of the bed. No elevator. Hotel Phone: +39 041 52 03 078.
8. Al Ponte Antico Hotel – Cannaregio
Splendid, small hotel facing the Grand Canal, located in a central location, featuring large, classic Venetian-style rooms and suites with plenty of brocade, tapestries, bathtubs/showers, mini-bars and Grand Canal & Rialto bridge views (some). Suites add seating areas and the top-end suite has a lovely patio that’s directly on the Grand Canal. The hotel’s terrace overlooking the canal is quite popular for its fantastic views. Hotel Phone: +39 041 2411944.
9. Arcadia Hotel – Cannaregio
Pleasant, 17-room, good-value boutique hotel set in a 17th century building, having immaculate rooms and one suite category, featuring a mix of classic and modern elements, wooden floors and mini-bars. Surrounding area is vibrant with plenty of shops and restaurants and hotel is close to the historic Jewish ghetto and a train station. Hotel Phone: +39 041 717355.
- Amsterdam – The Very Best Hotels
- Athens – The Very Best Hotels
- Barcelona – The Very Best Hotels
- Dublin – The Very Best Hotels
- Florence – The Very Best Hotels
- Istanbul – The Very Best Hotels
- Lisbon – The Very Best Hotels
- London – The Very Best Hotels
- Madrid – The Very Best Hotels
- Naples – The Very Best Hotels
- Paris – The Very Best Hotels
- Prague – The Very Best Hotels
- Reykjavik – The Very Best Hotels
- Rome – The Very Best Hotels