Home > Chicago Family Hotels
Updated: January 13, 2020
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
The 9 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Chicago
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
1. Hilton Chicago (luxury) – South Loop
2-bedroom suites are huge. Hotel is across from Chicago’s “front yard”, Grant Park, location of Shedd Aquarium, the Art Institute, and many other cultural sites and open green space. The indoor pool is great as well as the indoor running track. During the summer months, relax in the sun on the spacious rooftop deck. Phone: (312) 922-4400
2. Four Seasons Hotel (luxury) – Magnificent Mile
Located steps from the Magnificent Mile, the Four Seasons knows how to take care of families. Teens can take a pizza-making class or enjoy the spa for specialized treatments. Young ones should have the hotel’s own storyteller stop by to read a bedtime tale or send in the Ice Cream Man for sundaes. The pool is great as are the child-sized robes, toys, and treats that the hotel provides. Phone: (312) 280-8800
3. InterContinental Chicago (luxury) – Magnificent Mile
Situated on the Magnificent Mile and near many cultural and entertainment attractions. Hop on a trolley or visit Navy Pier or Millennium Park. A Junior Olympic size indoor heated pool provides lots of space for an energetic swim. Phone: (312) 944-4100
4. Swissotel Chicago (luxury) – The Loop
The hotel has Kids Suites and VIK (Very Important Kid) check-in with an area for coloring, reading, and playing. Kid suites are separate but adjoining rooms with child-sized furniture and amenities like DVDs, stuffed animals, and video games. If that isn’t enough, the penthouse indoor heated pool will keep them splashing up a good time. Phone: (312) 268-8010
5. Residence Inn Downtown (moderate) – River North
This all-suite hotel offers a relaxing place to spend time between busy days at nearby attractions like the Magnificent Mile. Extended stay guests can use the free grocery shopping service to prepare meals in full-size kitchens. An on-site market is very convenient for a quick snack and a evening reception offers complimentary refreshments Monday through Thursday. Complimentary hot breakfast provided. Phone: (312) 494-9301
6. Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown (moderate) – River North
If the fantastic location north of the Loop wasn’t enough reason to stay, the free breakfast and wi-fi are two more. Kids need to burn a little excess energy? Send them to the indoor heated pool or one of the many nearby parks. Phone: (312) 832-0330
7. Homewood Suites Downtown (moderate) – Magnificent Mile
An excellent choice for families. There’s cider and cocoa in the lobby and a spacious indoor pool. Every room is a suite with separate living room and bedrooms. Take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen with the complimentary grocery shopping service. Shopping, museums, and cultural attractions await nearby due to the excellent location. Phone: (312) 644-2222
8. Embassy Suites Downtown (moderate) – River North
Spacious two-room suites give families lots of room. Free cooked-to-order breakfasts provided. Spend your day enjoying various sites of the city which are steps away. Come back to a nightly reception with snacks and complimentary beverages. Finish your day with a dip in the indoor heated pool and whirlpool. Phone: (312) 943-3800
9. Best Western Plus River North (budget) – River North
A fantastic value in the city. Free parking and a great location in the heart of downtown make this an inexpensive gem. Walk or hop a free trolley to Navy Pier or shop your heart out on the Magnificent Mile. A full-size indoor pool allows for laps or playing with the kids. Standard rooms are fine but the suites provide more space to relax with a separate living area. Phone: (312) 467-0800
More Chicago Hotels for Families
- Comfort Suites Chicago
Large suites with full kitchen, and washer and dryer.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
One bedroom king suites are large. One bedroom double suites even bigger.
- Crowne Plaza Chicago – The Metro
Large king suites (hearing accessible).
- Congress Plaza Hotel
Two bedroom suites available.
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Chicago
Nice indoor pool and great location.