• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
Florence with Kids – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com is the best website for booking family apartments and hotels in Florence.
- Eating, drinking, and relaxing in Piazza Santo Spirito is a highlight of a Florence visit. The best restaurant on the square is the wonderful Borgo Antico. Or grab a pie from the best pizzeria in Florence, Gusta Pizza, and eat on the steps of the square like the locals do.
- This Pizza and Gelato making class is wonderful. Highly recommended and very kid-friendly. (Our kids loved it.)
- Need a break from history and churches? The Fox in a Box escape rooms are a ton of fun for the whole family.
- Smoking is still allowed in many hotels in Florence, though usually confined to a particular floor in the hotel. If you or your kids are sensitive to smoke, request a non-smoking room or non-smoking hotel.
The 12 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Florence
1. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze – luxury
Lavish hotel made of two Renaissance buildings with a spa, pool, and Jacuzzi surrounded by eleven acres of private gardens. Guests may choose from spacious suites, connecting rooms, and even one suite with a private plunge pool (the only one in Florence). Kids’ amenities include a playground with activities in the summer, kid-sized robes and slippers, and babysitting services. Signature experiences include a hot air balloon ride, their Michelin-starred Picnic in the Park, and a mother and child spa day. • +39 055 26261 • Map
2. Palazzo Vecchietti – luxury
All-suite, boutique hotel in a 16th-century palace with large suites, penthouses, and apartments. The largest option here, one-bedroom apartments feature two bathrooms, one or two sofa beds, and sleep a family of 4. All rooms include a hideaway kitchenette complete with a dishwasher and coffee maker. Many suites add private balconies, rooftop terraces, soaking tubs, or Turkish baths. Their decadent breakfast is always a highlight, whether served in the dining room or delivered directly to the suite. • +39 055 230 2802 • Map
3. Portrait Firenze – luxury
Ultra-luxe hotel with every detail customizable to guests’ desires, from flower arrangements to spontaneous room amenities. Suites are all spacious and exquisitely appointed from studio-sized up to a five-bedroom penthouse with views of the Ponte Vecchio and Arno River. Their children’s program features Italian cooking classes, spy games in the Uffizi, and experiments based around Da Vinci’s discoveries. Children’s menus are available all day at their Michelin-starred restaurant, Caffe dell’Oro. • +39 055 2726 8000 • Map
4. Hotel Lungarno – luxury
This handsome hotel sits right on the river and offers a wide range of accommodations, from ample family suites (sleep family of 5) to palatial five-bedroom, seven-bathroom suites ideal for large or multigenerational families. Children are well-cared-for through their Very Important Kids program, which offers a trip to the Bargello Museum, hands-on experiments based on Galileo’s and Da Vinci’s works, and pizza-making classes. • +39 055 27261 • Map
5. The St. Regis Florence – luxury
Historic hotel designed by Brunelleschi, with a full service spa, exceptional food, and thoughtful family amenities. Suites range from 50 to 200 square meters, all with soaking tubs and signature butler service. Their Family Traditions program includes a cookie turndown service, kid-sized robes and slippers, complimentary meals for children, and a connecting room at half price. • +39 055 27161 • Map
6. Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy – luxury
This fashionable hotel offers elegant rooms and suites with connecting options to create two- to five-bedroom suites. Perks for suite guests include round-trip airport transfer, a bottle of champagne, packing and unpacking services, and daily breakfast delivered to the room. Their family program includes age-appropriate amenities (from baby foods to Pinocchio-themed workshops to video game consoles), services (24 hour babysitting), and experiences (for example, treasure hunts in the Uffizi). • +39 055 27351 • Map
7. Villa La Vedetta – luxury
Gorgeous boutique in the hills overlooking the city with a heated pool and lush, garden setting. They offer two suite types for families, the Suite Deluxe, a one-bedroom with a whirlpool tub, for families up to three, and the Bellavista Suite, a larger one-bedroom suite with two floors, two bathrooms and a sofa bed, sleeping up to four. Kids’ amenities include special menu items in the restaurants, step stools and coloring books in the rooms, and babysitting services. Breakfast is included in the room rates, as is the shuttle service to the Ponte Vecchio. • +39 055 681631 • Map
8. Hotel Davanzati – mid-range
Family-owned for 50 years, this cozy, boutique hotel offers a nearly all-inclusive experience, with complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea service, happy hour with unlimited prosecco, Chianti, and snacks, iPads with unlimited mobile data plans, and more included in all room rates. The have a wide range of accommodations for families, including connecting rooms, Superior Double rooms with sofa beds, Junior Suites with sofa beds, Suites (junior suites with a private patio), and spacious three-bedroom, two-bathroom Family Suites that sleep up to seven. For kids, PlayStations and games are available on request. Expect lots of charm and personalized attention from three generations of hoteliers here. • +39 055 286666 • Map
9. Il Guelfo Bianco – mid-range
This 15th-century palace turned hotel offers several eclectic rooms and suites for families of all sizes, though the best options for most will be the Junior Suite, sleeping up to four with a sofa bed, and the two-bedroom Apartment with a kitchenette, sofa bed, and washer/dryer, sleeping up to five. Their restaurant Desco Bistrot highlights organic produce from the owners’ own farm, plus artisanal beers and wines; an outstanding complimentary continental breakfast is served here daily, with a wide selection of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options. • +39 055 288330 • Map
10. La Farina Apartments – mid-range
Contemporary apartment hotel, offering spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Suites all come with sofa beds, while Deluxe Suites have theirs in a loft. Sunny suites all come with fully equipped kitchens, complete with dishwashers and full-sized refrigerators. Self-service laundry and bicycle rentals for adults and kids are available onsite. • +39 055 552 2774 • Map
11. Hotel Alessandra – budget
Built in a residence from 1507 and run by the same family since 1970, this boutique hotel offers several options for families. Family Rooms can accommodate three to four guests, Junior Suites sleep up to three, and their top tier Bacio Suite one-bedroom sleeps up to four, with one queen or two single beds, plus an additional murphy bed in the living room and a private terrace. The breakfast buffet offers hot and cold continental selections paired with an excellent cappuccino. • +39 055 283438 • Map
12. Hotel Crocini – budget
This quiet, boutique hotel offers complimentary breakfasts and a variety of room types, the largest being family rooms for up to six. The breakfast buffet includes a variety of sweet and savory choices and can be served in the quaint dining room or al fresco in their garden courtyard. Run by the same Florentine family since 1926, the hotel is known for its attentive service and expert local recommendations. • +39 055 212905 • Map
- Florence – Best Hotels
- Florence – Romantic Hotels
- Florence – Cheap Hotels
- Florence – Wheelchair Accessible Hotels
- Florence – Pet-Friendly Hotels
- Florence – Hotels with Private Pools and Jacuzzis
- Florence – Best Time to Visit
- Florence – Where to Stay
- Florence – Best Restaurants
- Florence – Best Bars
- Florence – Best Gelato
- Florence – Best Wine Tours
- Florence – Airport Transportation
- Florence – Renting a Car
- Florence – Rome to Florence
- Florence – Venice to Florence
- Florence – Pisa to Florence
- Florence – Livorno to Florence
- Florence – Day Trip to San Gimignano
- Florence – Day Trip to Siena