JFK Hotels – Tips & Advice
- Besides the wonderful TWA Hotel, there is little reason (beyond an early flight) to stay close to JFK. There’s little nearby and the hotels are uninspiring.
- The Westin New York Grand Central is the best hotel in Manhattan for quick access to JFK – about 25 minutes from the airport in moderate traffic.
- Hotels in JFK Terminal: TWA Hotel at JFK Airport – the only hotel at JFK. And fantastic. Highly recommended.
- Hotels near JFK with Free Shuttle: Crowne Plaza JFK • Hilton Garden • Hampton Inn • Best Western • Residence Inn • Super 8 • Fairfield Inn
The 6 Best Hotels near JFK Airport in New York City
1. TWA Hotel at JFK Airport – Luxury
• Superb hotel in the landmark 1962 TWA Flight Center near Terminal 5; valet parking available.
• The 24/7 AirTrain station close by connects to all the terminals (free), subway, Long Island rail road, public buses, and rental car center.
• Luxurious soundproof rooms with blackout shades and expensive mod-cons available for 4-hour intervals also; connecting rooms possible.
• Dining options include a 1958 Constellation plane turned cocktail lounge, 1960’s-style lounge, popular Parisian café, coffee shop, and Food Hall with multiple eateries.
• Beautiful rooftop infinity pool with bar overlooking the runway. Heated and open year-round.
• Huge 10,000-square-foot fitness center with yoga studio and personal trainers and front desk are open 24/7.
• Extras include a Twister (game) room, TWA museum exhibits, photo room, a classic Solari split-flap message board, ice-skating rink, and souvenir shop.
• Several cafés in the terminals; 1 hour by subway to Manhattan or Queens.
• Pet friendly hotel.
2. Crowne Plaza JFK Airport – Luxury
• Pet-friendly upscale hotel 2 miles from the airport and 2.5 miles from the Jamaica AirTrain and subway station.
• Modern rooms with king/2 queen beds, soundproofing, blackout curtains, tea/coffee facilities, and complimentary bottled water; good breakfast can be included in room rate.
• 1 American restaurant and 1 Manhattan-style lounge with happy hour; room service from 6am-midnight.
• Free 24/7 airport shuttle to Federal Circle station (AirTrain to/from Federal Circle to all the terminals is free) and on-site parking.
• Well-equipped fitness center, business center, and front desk are available 24 hours.
• Few restaurants in nearby hotels; more options in the airport terminals via free shuttle.
3. Hilton Garden Inn Queens/JFK – Moderate
• Good, pet-friendly hotel, 2.5 miles from the airport with free airport shuttle and on-site parking (chargeable).
• Rooms feature king/queen beds with Keurig coffee machines, microwaves, mini-refrigerators, and free Neutrogena toiletries.
• All-day restaurant and bar, 24/7 pantry selling ready-to-eat snacks and drinks, and limited room service (5-11pm).
• Large, well-equipped fitness center and business center.
• Front desk is available round the clock.
• Closest eateries are either in the airport or about a mile out.
4. Hampton Inn NY JFK – Moderate
• Newly-renovated and great value hotel 3 miles from the airport terminals with on-site parking (chargeable).
• Large, family-friendly rooms with free hot breakfast, coffee makers, and modern bathrooms.
• Modern restaurant with bar and waffle station during breakfast; limited room service available.
• 24-hour front desk and free airport shuttle to Federal Circle station.
• Federal Circle offers free AirTrain to/from all the airport terminals and easy subway connections to Manhattan and Queens.
• Small business center, functional fitness center, and small counter selling snacks and beverages by the reception.
5. Best Western JFK Airport – Budget
• Affordable hotel offering convenience and comfort, 4 miles from JFK airport.
• Well-appointed, family-friendly rooms feature blackout shades, coffee makers, free wi-fi, and complementary hot breakfast (5am weekdays, 6am weekends).
• Free 24/7 shuttle offers pick-up from Federal Circle station and drop-offs at individual terminals.
• Federal Circle offers easy subway connections to Manhattan and Queens and free AirTrain to/from all the airport terminals.
• Off-site paid parking with free shuttle available.
• Small fitness center (6am-11pm) and business center with fax/copy/print services.
• Vending machines for snacks and beverages and 24-hour front desk.
6. The Westin New York Grand Central – Luxury
• Opulent hotel 2 blocks from Grand Central Station. 14 miles from JFK Airport but relatively good access from Manhattan.
• Luxurious and spacious rooms with king/2 queen beds, sitting areas, tea/coffee facilities, modern bathrooms, and room service.
• Good American fare and wide selection of drinks at the on-site restaurant and bar.
• Features a 24/7 well-equipped fitness center, full-service business center, valet parking, concierge desk, and 24-hour front desk.
• Several shops, grocery stores, cafes, restaurants, bars, and attractions nearby.
• Excellent connectivity all over the city via Grand Central Station.
- Newark Airport Hotels
- Best Hotels in New York City
- Best Hotels for Families in New York City
- Best Budget Hotels in New York City
- Best Choice Hotels in New York City
- Best Hotels with Pools in New York City
- Where to Stay in New York City
- Best Things to Do in New York City
- Best Tours in New York City
- Best Food Tours in New York City
- New York City with Kids
- Best Time to Visit New York City