SD › Orlando › Orlando Family Hotels
Updated: January 30, 2023
By Santorini Dave
Orlando Family Resorts – Tips & Advice
- Orlando hotel with best kid-friendly pool: Four Seasons at Walt Disney World Resort
- Orlando hotel with best waterpark: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites
- Orlando hotel with best lazy river: JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Best budget hotel for families: Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites
- Top rated (good value) hotels on TripAdvisor: Grove Resort & Water Park • Universal’s Loews Sapphire Falls • Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- See Also: Where to Stay in Orlando
The 21 Best Hotels & Resorts for Families in Orlando, Florida
1. Four Seasons at Walt Disney World Resort
Hotel phone: 407-313-7777
The most luxurious resort for families in Orlando and located within the Walt Disney World Resort. Awesome pool area, water slides, and lazy river.
2. Universal’s Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
Hotel phone: 407-503-1000
The “Despicable Me” Kids Suite has 2 twin beds, 1 king, and sleeps a family of four.
3. Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
Hotel phone: 407-827-2727
One Bedroom Family Suite sleeps a family of six.
4. Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Hotel phone: 407-239-1234
King Rooms sleep family of four.
5. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort
Hotel phone: 407-503-4000
Courtyard & Tower family suites sleep family of six. Two-bedroom suites sleep family of Eight.
6. Coco Key Hotel & Water Park
Hotel phone: 877-875-4681
Family Rooms have connecting rooms and sleep group of 8.
7. Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites & Waterpark
Hotel phone: 407-387-5437
King Suites and One-bedrooms sleep family of four. Two-bedroom suites sleep family of six.
8. Point Hotel & Suites Orlando
Hotel phone: 407-956-2000
Two-bedroom Family Suite has a full kitchen, 3 king beds, 1 sofa bed, and sleeps a family of eight.
9. Comfort Suites Maingate East
Hotel phone: 407-507-3808
Queen Rooms sleep family of four, with free breakfast. (Cheap but good.)
10. Ramada Suites Orlando Airport
Hotel phone: 407-240-3939
Double Suites with 2 full beds and a sofa bed sleep a family of six. Very close to the Orlando Intenational Airport. The Hyatt Regency doesn’t have the same sized family rooms but is located directly in the Orlando Airport for superb convenience.
11. Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort Disney Springs
Hotel phone: 407-828-4444
Queen Tower Room (with Disney view) sleeps a family of four.
12. B Resort & Spa in Disney Springs Resort Area
Hotel phone: 407-828-2828
Rooms with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed sleep family of five.
13. Floridays Resort Orlando
Hotel phone: 407-238-7700
Two Bedroom Suites with full kitchen sleeps group of six. Three Bedroom sleeps eight.
14. Sonesta ES Suites Lake Buena Vista
Hotel phone: 407-238-0777
Two Bedroom Suites with kitchen sleep family of eight. One Bedrooms sleep four.
15. WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Hotel phone: 407-387-3800
Two Bedroom Family Room sleeps 4. Three Bedroom sleeps 6.
16. Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Hotel phone: 407-390-2300
King Rooms with Bunk Beds sleep a family of six.
17. Staybridge Suites – Royale Parc Suites
Hotel phone: 407-396-8040
One and two-bedroom suites sleep from 4 to 10. Cheap place to stay but still nice.
18. Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel
Hotel phone: 407-351-5009
Standard Rooms are cheap and sleep a family of four.
19. Florida Hotel and Conference Center
Hotel phone: 407-859-1500
Basic Room is cheap and sleeps a family of four.
20. Avanti International Resort
Hotel phone: 877-821-3010
Deluxe Queen Rooms sleep a family four. (Budget hotel but still good.)
21. SureStay Plus by Best Western
Hotel phone: 407-203-2664
Cheap family hotel with nice pool, 2 queen beds sleep family of four.
Family Apartments in Orlando
Apartment rentals for families in Orlando, Florida. All units have kitchens and swimming pools. Most have washer/dryer, dining room, dishwasher, free-wifi, and free parking.
- Meliá Orlando Celebration
Two bedroom suites sleep 6, family suites sleep 7. Both have full kitchens.
- Grand Beach Resort
Three Bedroom Apartment sleeps a family of 8. Two Bedroom apartments sleep family of 5 or 6.
- Legacy Vacation Resorts – Lake Buena Vista
Junior and one bedroom suites sleep family of 4
- Marriott’s Imperial Palms Villas
Three bedroom villas sleep family of 6.
- Where to Stay in Orlando
- Best Hotels in Orlando
- Best Time to Visit Orlando
- Orlando Airport Car Rental
- Where to Go in Florida
- Best Beaches in Florida
- Best Miami Family Hotels
- Where to Stay in Miami
- Best Key West Hotels for Families
- Where to Stay in Key West
- Best Naples Family Hotels
- Where to Stay in Tampa
- Best NYC Family Hotels
- Best Washington, DC Family Hotels
- Best Boston Family Hotels
- Best Chicago Family Hotels
- Best Anaheim Family Hotels
- Best Cancun Family Hotels
What Orlando hotel has the best waterslides and lazy river? Traveling with 2 kids, ages 5 and 9. Thanks.
The best lazy river in the Orlando area is at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes. The best water slides at an Orlando resort are probably at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites.
When would you say is the best time for a family trip to Orlando (mainly Disneyworld) with two kids aged 4. They’re not in school yet so any time of year would be fine. What time has the smallest crowds and cheapest hotel prices?
January to April is the best time for a combination of weather, hotel prices, and crowds. September is also good for cheap hotels and smaller crowds though you can still get summertime heat and humidity.