by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 18, 2019
See Also: The Best Hotels in Bali
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – Fully-equipped apartments in an unappealing location offset by facilities galore.
Although facing the very busy bypass road, this resort is somehow remarkably quiet – and certainly huge. The spacious, bright, and modern suites-cum-apartments offer functionality over tradition. All feature fully-equipped kitchens, spacious lounge/dining areas, and 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, each with a separate bathroom. The main pool is truly massive, shaped like a lagoon, and sparkling blue. And a vast amount of activities are offered at the extensive Camp Splash! Kids Club. The downside is that no shops or cafés are nearby, so hourly shuttle buses whisk guests around Sanur and to the private Sand Beach Club.
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – The Location
(Formerly the Sanur Paradise Plaza Suites.)
- Address: Jalan Bypass Ngurah Rai, the road that detours around the edge of Sanur, a more relaxed region in southern Bali.
- Area: Unexciting area along a very busy road. Virtually nothing of interest nearby, so guests will frequently use the free hourly shuttle bus to the shops, restaurants, and beach.
- How to Get There: The only way to/from the airport is by metered taxi or chartered car with a driver. This takes about 25 minutes (14km), depending on traffic.
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – The Basics
- Guests: Overwhelmingly caters to families who want the special facilities rather than a beachside setting.
- Kids Club: Camp Splash! Kids Club is newly-renovated and fully supervised. Offers an exciting array of activities and facilities, including movies, 30m waterslide, basketball court, climbing gear, games arcade, playground, and even rabbits and birds to admire.
- Beach: The nearest beach is Pantai Karang, about 600m away, but quite difficult to reach along meandering backstreets. Far better to take the free shuttle bus to the private Sand Beach Club (3.4km, 8-minute drive) operated by the resort.
- Views: Most rooms face the gardens and/or pool, but a few do overlook the very noisy bypass road or the far quieter access path.
- Kitchen: Suites feature large, fully-equipped kitchens with dining areas attached.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
- Extras: Guests will rely regularly on the free hourly shuttle bus. It goes to the sister hotel (Prime Plaza Hotel Sanur – 3.4 km, 8-minute drive) in the more appealing northern area of Sanur, the private Sand Beach Club, Hardy’s Supermarket, and anywhere else in Sanur.
- Wi-Fi: Available free throughout the resort for all guests.
- Parking: Ample free and secure parking on site, but think long and hard before driving anywhere in Bali.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: (0)361 289 166
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: spps.pphotels.com
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – Amenities
- Pool: The main pool is huge, shaped like a lagoon, sparkling blue, and meanders between the blocks of rooms. Separate children’s pool with a 30m waterslide.
- Spa: Huge amount of therapies and massages, with packages lasting up to 3 hours at the Bougainvillea Spa. Even special treatments for the kids.
- Fitness Center: None.
- For Families: Baby-sitting. Games area. Playground.
- Activities: Many offered, including classes in cooking, snorkeling, jewelry-making, and even magic. Birthday parties can be arranged. Futsal pitch. Basketball court.
- Other Facilities: Minimart
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – Food and Drink
- Restaurants & Bars: Terrace Restaurant – All-day dining inside and out. Themed buffets most nights, especially catering for families. • Pool Bar – Moreish cocktails, healthy juices, and light snacks. Happy hours and DJs most nights.
- Breakfast: Can be included, but must be booked as part of an inclusive deal.
- Room Service: Available during restaurant hours – 6.30 am to 8.30 pm.
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – Rooms
- Room Types: Suites with 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms (some with balconies) • 3 Bedroom Loft Suites
- Smoking Rooms: No smoking allowed in the rooms, but is permitted elsewhere.
- Best Room: Suites are fairly similar, with the number of bedrooms varying. The quietest ones will be furthest from the main road, and on the top floor, further from the pool.
- For Families: Only offers suites (which are like apartments). Large and fully-equipped, they are ideal for families of up to 7. With kitchen/dining areas and 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms, each with an attached bathroom.
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – Local Transport
- Walking & Cycling: Walking around Sanur is more pleasant than most places in southern Bali, but not along the bypass road in front. With flat roads and minimal traffic, cycling is also popular, but again, not along the bypass road. Instead, hop on the resort shuttle bus to its sister hotel, rent a bicycle down the side-street, and explore Sanur along the 6km-long beachside path.
- Public Transport: The bemos (decrepit minivans with bench seats) that ply the main street through Sanur won’t come this far north, unless chartered.
- Cars, Motorbikes, & Taxis: Driving anywhere in Bali is not recommended, but renting a car is possible at agencies all over Sanur. Motorbikes are also easy to rent and useful for getting around Sanur – less so for elsewhere in southern Bali. Taxis are plentiful, cheap, and comfortable, and the best way to go anywhere in southern Bali. For longer trips, charter a car with a driver. This can be arranged at any travel agency or better, through the hotel.
- Shuttle Bus: To reach any town outside of southern Bali and one that is popular with tourists (e.g. Ubud), buy a ticket at a travel agency for a shuttle bus. Some companies pick up guests from their hotels, while services for Perama, the only island-wide operator, leave from its office only 220m down the side-street from the sister hotel (accessible via free shuttle, then a 3-minute walk). The Kura-Kura Bus company links Sanur with Ubud and the rest of southern Bali, but schedules are convoluted and routes, confusing.
Prime Plaza Suites Sanur – Bali – What’s Nearby?
Restaurants & Bars
Far better to use the free shuttle service anywhere to Sanur or the sister Prime Plaza Hotel. Along the quiet side-street which the Prime Plaza Hotel faces are several inviting options:
- The Cameng Restaurant & Bar (0)361 289 197 – Pleasant setting with better-than-normal menu of tasty food. 1-minute walk (65m).
- Made Two (0)361 281 687 – Another friendly eatery offering seafood, duck, and pizza. Bar counter popular with expats. Next to The Cameng. 1-minute walk (110m).
- Ananda Beach Restaurant (0)361 288 327 – At the end of the street, 400m away. Perfect for watching public boats leaving for the islands and locals enjoying themselves. 5-minute walk.