Aerial view of San Diego International Airport. In the background, the Hilton San Diego Airport Hotel is visible by the boat marina. The Sheraton (just off the photo to the left) is even closer to the airport – just a 10-minute walk from the terminal.
San Diego Airport Hotels – Tips & Advice
San Diego International Airport is just a 5-minute drive from downtown and many of the best hotels in San Diego, so staying at the airport is not essential. Nonetheless there are several good hotels near the airport.
Hotels in Terminal: There are no hotels located at the San Diego Airport. The closest hotel to the airport is the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina – just a 10-minute walk and 3 minutes by free shuttle.
• Excellent pet-friendly hotel just half a mile (3-minute drive) from the terminal with free shuttle (5am-midnight), paid parking, and 3 electric car charging ports.
• The colorful and comfortable rooms are filled with natural light and offer blackout curtains, private balconies, coffee makers, minibars, and bathrooms with tub-shower combos; some rooms have partial or full water views; interconnecting rooms available.
• Suites and rooms with Club Lounge access have 24-hour access to the Club Lounge with free snacks, free non-alcoholic beverages and Starbucks coffee, and free high speed WiFi.
• Dining options include a restaurant serving a good American menu, bar offering microbrews, cafe serving Starbucks coffee and to-go meals, 24-hour room service, and convenience store.
• Outdoor pool complex with 2 heated lagoon-style pools and jacuzzis, 24-hour well-equipped fitness center, luxury spa, coin laundry, concierge, 24-hour front desk, and full-service business center.
• A couple of restaurants on Harbor Island and some in the airport terminals, otherwise numerous options in Little Italy just 2 miles (5-minute drive) away.
• Watersports rentals and sailing tours available from the marina.
• Good midrange hotel just a mile (5-minute drive) from the terminal with paid parking and free shuttle to the airport and nearby locations.
• Rooms are spacious and soundproof, and come with blackout curtains, tea/coffee makers, mini refrigerators, and laptop-sized safes; suites also have microwave ovens.
• Free hot breakfast every morning, convenience store, and 24-hour coffee in the lobby.
• Outdoor pool, large well-equipped fitness center, business center with print/scan/copy/fax facilities, and 24-hour front desk.
• Close to (3-6 miles, 15-minute drive) several shops and restaurants, Liberty Station, SeaWorld, Fiesta Island Park, Little Italy, downtown, and San Diego Zoo.
• Good, pet-friendly, and midrange all-suite hotel close to the airport (1 mile, 5-minute drive), with paid parking, 2 electric car charging stations, and free shuttle to the terminal and nearby locations (5am-11pm).
• All the family-friendly suites are spacious and soundproofed, and feature fully-equipped kitchens, blackout curtains, and bathrooms with tub/shower combos.
• Free hot breakfast buffet, convenience store, and outdoor barbecue/picnic area.
• Heated outdoor pool, well-equipped fitness center, coin-operated laundry, small business center with copy/fax service, and 24-hour front desk.
• Several shops and restaurants, Liberty Station, SeaWorld, Fiesta Island Park, Little Italy, downtown, and San Diego Zoo are 3-6 miles (15-minute drive) away.
• Great midrange hotel by the harbor, less than 2 miles (5-minute drive) from the airport, with free airport and local area shuttle and paid parking.
• Comfortable, pet-friendly rooms feature balconies, blackout curtains, tea/coffee makers, mini refrigerators, and bathrooms with tub/shower combos.
• Dining options include a sustainability-focused restaurant and bar with outdoor waterfront seating and room service (6am-11pm).
• Heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi, compact but well-equipped fitness center with water views, full-service business center, bike rentals, and 24-hour front desk
• Beautiful location with watersports rentals and sailing tours just steps away; several restaurants, bars, shops, and attractions within a 15-minute drive (6 miles).
• Modern pet-friendly hotel conveniently located in downtown, 3 miles (10-minute drive) from the airport, with free shuttle (6am-11pm) and valet parking (chargeable).
• Accommodations are comfortable and feature blackout curtains, complimentary bottled water, tea/coffee makers, mini refrigerators, and spacious bathrooms with shower/tub combos.
• Daily $25 fee to cover free airport shuttle, complimentary bottled water (max 4), free WiFi, unlimited local calls, and $15 food and beverage credit for cafe.
• Elegant restaurant with outdoor patio, striking wooden bar with indoor and outdoor seating, and cafe serving Starbucks coffee and breakfast. Buffet, American, and Continental breakfast options (chargeable).
• Heated rooftop pool, jacuzzi, large fully-equipped 24-hour fitness center, full-service business center, concierge, and 24-hour front desk.
• Several restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops within walking distance.