by Santorini Dave • Updated: December 3, 2018
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
The 7 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in San Diego
1. Hotel Del Coronado (luxury) – Coronado
Awesome location on one of San Diego’s best beaches. Historic building with lots of fun shops and restaurants nearby. 2 nice pools (one for families, the other adults only). But the beach is where the action is. Phone: (619) 435-6611
2. Paradise Point Resort & Spa (luxury) – Mission Bay
This is the place for families. Four swimming pools open to children featuring fountains, waterfalls, and fire-pits for s’mores roasting. As Paradise Point is on an island, the beach is right at hand along with watersports equipment/rentals. 18-hole miniature golf course plus bike rentals make for an active trip. Younger guests (4 to 15) can join the Island Adventure Club and have amazing excursions while parents get a little time to enjoy the serenity of the beautiful surroundings. Phone: (858) 274-4630
3. Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (luxury) – Downtown/Gaslamp
Outstanding location surrounded by shopping and restaurants, and Petco ballpark is within walking distance. Great for trolley and train watching. Outdoor heated pool, whirlpool, and fire pit. Phone: (619) 231-4040
4. Best Western Bayside Inn (moderate) – Downtown/Gaslamp
Fantastic location close to trolleys, shopping, restaurants, and attractions. Outdoor heated pool and spa is small but well kept. All guest rooms have private balcony plus microwaves and refrigerators. Start your day off right with complimentary buffet breakfast. Free shuttle for airport, trains, cruise terminals. Phone: (619) 233-7500
5. Omni La Costa Resort & Spa (moderate) – Carlsbad
Huge family-friendly resort with 8 pools, water slides, a kids club, and several on-site restaurants. The hotel is very close to Legoland and an easy drive to kid-friendly beaches. King suites sleep a family of 3, villas sleep a family of 4.
6. Homewood Suites San Diego Airport (moderate) – Airport
Large one-bedroom suites (family of 4) and two-bedroom apartments (family of 5 or 6) with full kitchens, fridge, pots, pans, cutlery, and plates. In a great central location that allows easy access to most of the main attractions. Nice pool, jacuzzi, basketball area. Free wi-fi and free parking. Phone: (619) 222-0500