SD › Thailand › Bangkok › Bangkok with Kids
Updated: June 8, 2021
The 19 Best Things To Do With Kids in Bangkok
1. Thai Cooking Class in Bangkok
Highly recommended! This is a great cooking class (and market tour) that is very family friendly. I always recommend cooking and food tours for families as it’s an easy way to introduce a new culture to kids – and this one is lots of fun. Start by visiting a local market to buy ingredients, return to the cooking school to cook four thai dishes, then finish by eating what you made. Central location not far from Khao San Road but a little tricky to find so plan to arrive early just in case.
2. Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World
Southeast Asia’s largest aquarium. Located one level below the huge food court in Siam Paragon mall.
3. Museum of Siam
Recently refurbished and housed in a former palace. Great hands-on exhibits explore the history of Bangkok and Thailand. This is the best museum for kids in Bangkok.
4. Pantip Plaza for Electronics
Every electronics device you can think of (from iPhones to laptops to cameras) can be found here.
5. Khao San Road – Family Friendly (sort of)
Khao San Road is the backpacker hangout for many travelers. But it has a very fun vibe and lots of places to shop for western goods that kids will find appealing. There is definitely drinking and partying but it gets going pretty late. Christmas and New Years are admittedly pretty crazy.
6. The Best Mall for Kids: MBK
A huge mall that is cheaper and more kid-friendly than some of the other high-end malls in the area.
7. Best Playground: Lumpini Park
A great park for walking and boating. There’s a great playground here and monitor lizards scampering around.
8. Boat Trips on the River and Canals
Boat trips on both the canals that run through Bangkok and the larger river are a fun way to sea local life. The Chao Phraya Express is a scheduled boat that runs up and down the river. The Khlong Saen Saep Boat Service runs the canals in central Bangkok and is used primarily by commuting locals. For tours of the western canals in Thonburi where you can see local life as it’s lived near the water take the Skytrain to Saphan Taksin and hire a long boat from Tha Sathon pier.
9. Siam Niramit
A kid friendly Thai performance with song, dance, elaborate costumes, and animals.
10. Best Floating Market: Amphawa
One hour south of Bangkok by bus Amphawa is the most authentic floating market near Bangkok.
11. Getting Caught in the Rain
You will likely get caught in the rain. If it happens, just have fun.
12. Fun Food Courts at the Mega Malls
All the malls have fun and interesting food courts but Siam Paragon’s is the best. An easy way to explore new foods in a familiar setting.
13. Best Market for Kids: Chatuchak Weekend Market
Huge, hot, and crowded – so be prepared. But lots of fun.
14. Safari World (Animals & Aquarium)
An hour outside Bangkok. Lots of animals in a safari setting. Performances range from jumping dolphins to painting elephants. Very kid-friendly.
15. Best Street Food: Soi 38 off Sukhumvit
Street food is everywhere in Bangkok but Soi 38 stands out as one of the best spots.
16. Fun Dessert: Mango Sticky Rice with Coconut Cream
One of the most kid-friendly desserts of all the Thai sweets. You can find this almost anywhere but usually at a street cart.
17. Asiatique Night Market
A cross between a night market and a mall. Lots of kid-friendly shops and food.
18. Best Luxury Hotel for Families in Bangkok: The Anantara Siam
The Anantara Siam has a wonderful pool, great location for shopping, and large luxurious rooms. Not far away is the Holiday Inn Bangkok which offers great value, has a nice pool, large family rooms with bunk beds, and is even closer to Bangkok’s best malls.
19. Best Budget Hotel for Families in Bangkok: Viengtai Hotel
ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai is a great budget hotel near Khao San Raod with simple but large family rooms and a nice swimming pool and kids’ pool.
All Bangkok Hotel Reviews
- Anantara Riverside
- Anantara Siam
- Banyan Tree
- Centara Grand at CentralWorld
- Grand Hyatt Erawan
- Lebua at State Tower
- Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
- Riva Arun
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
- The Okura Prestige
- The Siam
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels for Families in Bangkok
- Best Budget Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Airport Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels with Pools in Bangkok
- Best Family Apartment Rentals in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok
- Best Things to Do in Bangkok
- Best Time to Visit Bangkok
- Bangkok Airport Transportation
- Best Tours in Bangkok
- Best Day Trips in Bangkok
- Best Markets in Bangkok
- Best Shopping Malls in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Koh Samui
- Best Hotels in Singapore
- Best Hotels in Sentosa
- Best Hotels in Hong Kong
- Best Hotels in Bali
- Best Hotels in Lombok
- Best Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Best Hotels in Penang
- Best Hotels in Siem Reap
- Best Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Best Hotels in Hanoi
- Best Hotels in Hoi An
- Best Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Best Hotels in Fiji
- Best Hotels in Dubai
- Best Hotels in Sydney
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter