• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Bangkok Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – the best website for booking Bangkok hotels.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Bangkok: Mandarin Oriental • Anantara Siam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Bangkok: Chakrabongse Villas • Riva Arun • Muse
- Best Cheap Hotel in Bangkok: Buddy Lodge Khaosan Road
- Best Hotel in Bangkok for Families: Anantara Riverside Resort
- Where To Stay in Bangkok: Sukhumvit, Siam, and Khao San are all centrally located and good areas to stay for first time visitors to Bangkok.
The 25 Best Hotels in Bangkok
1. Mandarin Oriental Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 659 9000)
Sublime in every aspect, Thailand’s first luxury hotel (established in 1876) situated right on the Chao Phraya river, offers an unparalleled hotel experience with spectacular rooms steeped in history, a mind-boggling variety of facilities, legendary service, and numerous activities and events. The stories and history of its prominent guests that include renowned authors, Heads of State and other luminaries, have been integrated into the hotel’s narrative and décor. Done up in a rich colonial style, the hotel features 324 rooms and 44 Suites (35 sq m to 326 sq m), with distinctive character. Rooms feature fantastic river views, high ceilings and an abundance of natural teaks, Thai silks, wide French windows, spacious living areas and luxurious baths. Offers a historic author’s lounge that’s popular for tea. Award-winning spa offers the only Rhassoul bath in the city and special spa cuisine. The central Sathorn pier/BTS Saphan Taksin is 10 minutes away by boat. Nearby riverside attractions include Asiatique, River City Shopping center, Grand Palace, the Flower market, Wat Pho, and Wat Arun.
- Notes on Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Opened in 1876. Celebrated its 140 anniversary in 2016.
- 324 rooms and 44 suites. Has 16 room types.
- Historic hotel that’s hosted the Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maugham, Barbara Cartland etc.
- Wide lobby with warm wood tones decorated with a forest/tropical décor theme (changes according to season). Features gorgeous hanging wooden bells and a large fountain. Lots of browns and reds and gold colors give it a rich aura.
- Hotel has a timeless colonial feel, spacious sparkling white corridors, and teakwood accents. Has three wings – the 16-story River Wing houses the Royal Oriental Suite, Selandia and Siam Suites and two-bedroom suites. The Authors’ Wing has four famous Heritage Authors’ Suites which have a fresh palette – lots of white rattan with bamboo. The Garden Wing has unique split level Premier Rooms that overlook the River and the main swimming pool. Rooms have traditional Thai silk, teak furnishings and are served with fresh fruits and exotic flowers daily. Has a butler for every floor. (Has 1200 staff with a ratio of 3 staff for every 1 guest). Part of the hotel is set across the river and there are private teakwood shuttle boats that ferry guests to its Thai cooking school, the hotel’s Thai restaurant, spa and health centers.
- Garden suites (80 sq m) – Are exquisite. Very colonial with either a flat or split-level layouts. All rooms are front facing, overlooking the river. Has a mini- apartment feel with a space-saving kitchenette and cocktail set. Butler sets out a different cocktail menu for the guests daily and homemade coconut ice cream is kept in the freezer. Large marble bathroom with large bathtubs, with audio in the shower.
- Grand Royal Suite (600 sq m) – Majestic six-bedroom suite; occupies the entire first floor of the Authors’ Wing. Extremely luxurious with private elevator access. Highlights include a light-filled Victorian-inspired glass conservatory and a restored open balcony with stunning river views.
- Has 8 restaurants – Sala Rim Naam Thai Restaurant with a Thai classical dance show every night (Dances from the east & a 15-minute masked puppet show on the Ramayana. Ornate restaurant with a grand stage. The menu has a sample of all of Thailand’s dishes. Tables and floor seating with leg space cutouts). Le Normandie, fine French dining venue (Bangkok’s oldest French restaurant, Famous dish – mashed potatoes with caviar and sea urchins). Ciao, an outdoor Italian bistro (seasonal) (Famous for pumpkin pizza). The China House with avant-garde 1930s Shanghai Art Deco interior. Lord Jim’s with a seafood buffet lunch. The Verandah Coffee Shop. BBQ Riverside Terrace.
- Authors’ Lounge – Four salons named after famous authors who were guests of the hotel – Joseph Conrad, Somerset Maugham, Noël Coward and James Michener, with signed books on display. Very picturesque with plenty of old world charm. Decorated with turn-of-the-century style wicker furniture with hand-painted fabrics. Very popular for afternoon tea, society weddings and elegant events. Also offers a selection of high-end brand of teas ‘Mariage Freres’ and a signature afternoon tea set.
- The Bamboo Bar – Bangkok’s first ever jazz bar with a sensual jungle-like ambiance – Has a mirrored ceiling, vintage mirrors in black bamboo frames, bar stools with tiger skin print patterns. Very masculine with dark teakwood, rattan furniture, and rattan fan wing blades. Has colonial apothecary-style wall cabinets that showcase bottle and barrel-aged cocktails. Offers personalized alcohol bottles – guests can be served with bottles bearing their own name. Décor has sextons, compasses, and pictures of former patrons, including Louis Armstrong, Mick Jagger and Audrey Hepburn etc. Features a live band and jazz performances.
Events – Hotel routinely conducts many events such as art exhibitions, music and dance events, culinary events such as wine tasting, cheese tasting etc.
- Mostly leisure guests – Guests staying more than 7 nights get long stay benefits.
- Cooking school – Across the river in an old Thai house. Different menu every day (menu changes each month). Dedicated room for theory classes where the chef gives a lecture. Master chef-style cooking stations. Best classes are over the weekend which includes a market trip. Also offers a week-long cooking program.
- Spa is housed in a classical Thai-style 4-story building made from golden teak wood and has 14 suites. Offers a Rhassoul Bath, the first and only in Thailand, based on ancient Moroccan expertise in health and beauty. Has digital detox treatments to reconsider relationship with gadgets. Offers a special spa cuisine menu with organic ingredients and Thai herbs to rejuvenate the body. Has Kerala Ayurvedic treatments and treatment rooms. Offers tailor-made yoga sessions from yogic lifestyle trainer from India.
- Family friendly – Has a little kids club. Offers baby amenities during check-in.
- Dedicated wedding coordinator – Offers dedicated wedding services and special wedding day touches.
- Fantastic facilities – Has 2 outdoor swimming pools, a 24 hr fitness center, tennis and squash courts, and an outdoor jogging track.
- Has a separate space for learning Muay Thai boxing, cross fit and movement based training. Offers complimentary fitness classes from Pilates and Tai Chi to Yoga and guided meditation programs. State-of-the-art technology business center. Has shopping arcades including a flagship Louis Vuitton store, a beauty parlor and barber shop.
- Attractions nearby – River city mall (antique shopping), Jewelry and silver shops in the surrounding area. ‘Jam Factory’ across the river. Asiatique, Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun are all a boat ride away.
- Plans to offer Mandarin Oriental residences in the future.
2. Anantara Siam
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 126 8866)
Elegant luxury hotel featuring a classic blend of Thai and contemporary design. Has 354 beautifully decorated rooms (42 sq m to 126 sq m) and a unique Jim Thompson Explorer Suite. All rooms have complimentary smartphones with a digital city guide and free calls to ten countries. Plenty of indoor garden courtyards, koi ponds, shops, numerous dining options, squash courts, and more to explore. Wonderful outdoor pool. Gorgeous spa with adjustable hydraulic beds and inviting Roman style tubs. Hotel offers guests the chance to participate in a traditional Buddhist ritual of donating alms to monks. Enjoys a central location in Bangkok’s famous shopping district close to many malls and markets such as Central World, Pratunam market and Siam Paragon.
- Notes on Anantara Siam
- Opened in April 1983 (formerly the Four Seasons Bangkok), centrally located in the Ratchaprasong shopping and entertainment district, steps away from BTS Ratchadamri.
- 13 room types, 354 rooms totally (42 sq m to 126 sq m). Has one Jim Thompson Explorer Suite (198 sq m) and one Presidential Suite (344 sq m).
- Grand lobby with high vaulted ceiling featuring intricate Thai artwork. Spectacular wall mural facing the main entrance. Lobby features stately columns, hand-painted silk panels, silk lamps and lights, lighted torches on walls, grey velvet furniture and a magnificent frescoed ceiling with 19 panels and daily live entertainment. Has warm wood tones and a well-appointed bar with 3 types of tea from France created exclusively for Anantara.
- Hotel features a blend of traditional Thai and contemporary design with artifacts, teak furnishings, and silk fabrics. Has massive corridors, three courtyard areas and environment friendly scents. Rooms feature warm, contemporary décor, light hues, comfy furnishings with signature Thai touches such as Thai artwork on the headboards of beds. Rooms have views of tropical gardens, the pool, and the Royal Bangkok Sports Club’s private golf course. Garden Terrace rooms and suites are splendid featuring private entrances with white columns, Thai statues, domed marble bathrooms and dining patios overlooking the pool. One Bedroom Corner suites have guest powder rooms.
- Classic rooms are good for single travelers. Recommended rooms for couples and families – Dream Suite and Nirvana. The newly renovated Premier rooms and the deluxe room with Thai murals are recommended for the views of the golf course and pool.
- Special two Bedroom Jim Thompson Explorer Suite – Wonderful suite with the aura of a Thai summer home. Décor includes tongue and groove ceilings, painted paneled walls and polished teak floors. Open plan living and dining room, office library, and two spacious marble bathrooms with tubs and a guest powder room. A partition can be used to create two apartments of the space.
- Anantara Presidential Suite – Overlooks the pool and garden. Interiors feature woven carpets and elegant Thai silk. Master bedroom has a dressing room, massage suite, deep soaking tub and whirlpool.
- All rooms have in-room handy smartphone with unlimited local calls and unlimited international calls to 10 destinations. Very useful feature eliminating the hassle and expense of data roaming and high phone bills. Comes loaded with travel apps and a digital city guide. Can be used while guests are out and about to locate restaurants, attractions or utilize hotel features eg: – book spa appointments at Anantara. All personal data is removed on check out.
Hotel has 10 restaurant and dining options, from all-day dining to a steakhouse, sushi bar & tatami-style dining room, fine Thai cuisine, Italian, Mediterranean and a European Pop-Up Wine & Charcuterie. Thai restaurant has music & fruit carving shows. Hotel an open-air garden and cocktail lounge with soothing views of greenery and is famous for its Sunday brunch that features a live band and free flowing champagne.
- Three restaurants interconnect at Parichart Court, a courtyard which features lush tropical gardens, shops and koi ponds. Shops consist of two art galleries, a tailor shop, jewelry shops and the Charcuterie (Famous for its sausage rolls. Sells>50,000 per month). Can dine anywhere – in the lobby, pool, or terrace – and order from any restaurant.
- The Wedding Galleria – Anantara Siam Bangkok’s own one-stop wedding shop whose themes change every two months. Offers personal consultation with an expert Wedding Specialist to plan weddings and honeymoon experiences. Specializes in extravagant Indian weddings.
- Large beautiful 25 m outdoor swimming pool.
- Anantara Spa – Signature Spa Treatment – Siam 2482 (90 Minutes) includes a bamboo stick massage, herbal compresses and gold paste. Beautiful Spa with 2 couple suites, 1 deluxe couple suite, and 4 single suites. Can order lunch at the spa. Allows couples a romantic bath for 30 min. Has a private Roman style tub or steam room, manicure and pedicure room, in-room and poolside massages etc. Spa is very popular for facials.
- Spa also has cool hydraulic beds that can fold up/be adjusted to the guest’s body for comfort. Guests can also choose music (5 albums with Anantara spa sounds).
Shopping Guru Experience – Tailors shopping tours with VIP treatment and a private chauffeur driven limousine, accompanied by one of five Shopping Gurus, each boasting a different area of local expertise.
- Attractions within walking distance – Erawan shrine, Gaysorn shopping mall, Central World, Central Embassy Shopping mall and Siam Paragon. Free Tai chi classes at Lumpini park
Special features – Hotel allows guests to experience a traditional Tak Bart Buddhist ritual at 6:20 am in the lobby (needs one-day advance notice) – Buddhist monks are invited to receive alms (foods, flower and incense) presented by hotel guests, who receive a blessing chant in return.
- Very Family friendly – Has a mini playground, babysitting services, children’s amenities. Kids get their own bathrobes, toiletries and bedtime treats. Children’s menus available at every hotel restaurant. (Permanent kids room planned for later).
- Signature dishes – Award-winning Steakhouse with a salt guru who helps choose between 7 different types of salts (truffle salt, red wine salt, parsley salt and more), ‘Grain fed 300 day Wagyu Marble No 4,’ chicken in coconut soup served in a whole coconut. Italian restaurant is famous for its 2 cheese combination pizza.
- Outstanding array of facilities that include a barber shop, squash court, huge 24 hr gym, aerobic and yoga rooms, jacuzzi and steam room.
- Competition – Four points, Movenpick, Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental, Siam Kempinski, Mandarin Oriental.
- Activities – Can book a cooking class in advance. Can also request to book the golf course.
More business guests than leisure.
3. Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 476 0022)
Classy resort-style riverside hotel featuring elegant Thai-inspired décor. Seven room types from cozy deluxe rooms (38 sq m) to spacious two bedroom river suites (114 sq m); all include complimentary smartphones with free calls to ten countries. Highlights include a theatrical Teppanyaki dinner show by a personal chef, nightly Thai cultural shows against a river backdrop while dining riverside, dinner/over night cruises in the hotel’s own restored rice barges and options to rent Thai-style wooden structures for proposals/special occasions. Asiatique (a popular night market/entertainment destination) is right across the river. Hotel is a 15 minute boat ride away from Central pier (BTS access to central Bangkok).
- Notes on Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
- Located in Thonburi on the opposite side of the river from central Bangkok. 11 acre, roughly U-shaped resort hotel, 396 rooms (101 suites), opened in 2010.
Hotel operates own shuttle boats. 15 minute boat trip from the Central (Sathorn) pier with views of Asiatique and the Krungthep bridge en-route.
- Lobby on the ground floor devoted to group tours decorated with ancient Thai pottery; features specialty shops and wide couches, and. Massive main lobby on the first floor with marble and wood flooring, huge teakwood sofas, triangulated Thai pillows. Feels very Thai and lush overall, with warm colors dominating inside and palm trees and sculptures outside. Natural khlong (canal) runs through the hotel premises. Hotel has wide, well-lit corridors with 3D patterns on the carpets.
- 7 room types across 3 buildings – Deluxe Premier Room, Deluxe Premier River View Room, Deluxe Premier Riverfront Room, Junior Premier Suite, Junior Premier River View Suite, Anantara Riverfront Suite and the Two Bedroom Chao Phraya River Suite. An additional 2 Cruise Staterooms can be booked on a 100 year old rice barge.
- Every room (on land) includes a complimentary ‘Handy’ smartphone with unlimited free international calls to 10 countries and free internet mobile access. (The Anantara Riverside hotel and the Anantara Siam hotel are the only two hotels in Bangkok that offer this feature). Rooms have an in-room bar, tea and coffee making facilities, internet access, an LCD TV, DVD player and iPod dock.
- Airy and bright rooms, with high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows that offer either garden or river views. All rooms have private balconies. River view rooms have fantastic views of the Krungthep bridge. Contemporary Thai design touches such as etched Sanskrit inscriptions on panels and doors, Thai silk curtains, and art pieces give rooms an elegant aura. Bathrooms feature bathtubs and separate rain showers and are accessed by sliding doors in the bedroom which expands the sensation of space.
- Top rooms include a) The ‘Anantara River Front Suite’ with two work stations, a separate bar along with a dining area and a cozy lounge. Bathrooms have double sinks and a powder room with a white marble finish. Both the living room and bedroom open out onto a wraparound balcony with spectacular river views. b) The huge ‘Two bedroom Chao Phraya River Suites’ are ideal for small families and groups of friends.
- Has 10 restaurants and bars in total, serving up Japanese, Italian and international cuisine, with riverside dining options. Bar options include an outdoor, indoor and poolside bar. (All salad greens are sourced from the hotel’s own 3000 sq m hydroponic farm).
- Trader Vic’s is famous for its Sunday Brunch, and features an immense wood-fired Chinese oven, and an array of the brand’s unique ‘Mai Tai’ drinks. Tables need to be booked in advance at the Japanese steakhouse Benihana, as there’s a personal chef at every table who puts on a Teppanyaki show – a big hit with kids. The Riverside Terrace restaurant has nightly barbecues, a seafood buffet and live cooking stations. Guests can dine to costumed dancers performing cultural shows like the ‘Journey of Hanuman’ on a torch-lit stage set against the river backdrop.
- Attractive pool with a Jacuzzi enclosed by greenery gives it a private feel.
- Spacious 24 hour fitness center. Can take boxing lessons in a Muai thai boxing ring and cooking classes (only for adults) at the cooking school called Spice spoons (includes a market trip).
- Spa rooms are luxurious-the couple room, in particular, has its own garden and ‘sala’ (Thai-style wooden house). Golf courses nearby.
- Two types of ‘gurus’ are on hand to offer advice or guide guests regarding activities. The ‘Khlong guru’ can take a maximum of 6 people on a long-tail boat to explore Bangkok’s old canals (small authentic floating markets, shops on stilts, hidden villages etc.) The ‘Streetwise guru’ offers private guided street tours in Bangkok city.
- Family friendly – Kids club with play area offers classes like making pizza and sushi. There’s even an adorable kids sized toilet in the main toilet area. Families can take khlong, street and cycling tours together.
- Hotel offers two-hour dinner cruises along the Chao Phraya river (Manohra cruise) and longer overnight luxury cruises to Ayutthaya on an antique teakwood boat.
- Special features include ‘Dining by design’ where guests can rent a riverside sala or have a picnic under the trees, with a personal chef, music etc. for wedding proposals, anniversaries and dinners. Hotel is also popular for destination weddings with grooms/brides arriving on everything from jet skis, horses, tuk-tuks to Harley Davidsons. (Size of property – 11 acres – ensures seclusion).
- Hotel supports charities related to elephants and conducts a 3-day elephant polo match in March in a nearby vacant lot which guests can attend. (Elephants are brought in from Chiang Mai).
- Riverside attractions are easily accessible by boat – Riverside plaza shopping mall, Central pier (BTS access) and Asiatique (night market) across the river. Free shuttle boat to central pier all day and Asiatique (starting at 9 pm) every 30 minutes.
- Guests are mostly leisure-oriented. Many repeat and long stay guests stay here from 3 months to a year.
- Competition – Mandarin Oriental and The Peninsula, along the river.
4. Ammata Lanta Resort
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 175 1888)
Outlandish resort hotel with 27 unique pagoda-shaped pool villas topped by flying Pegasus sculptures, clustered around a serene manmade lake. Four types of extremely spacious and luxurious villas starting with Superior villas (150 sq m) to a Family pool villa (266 sq m). Rooms sport opulent interiors in earth tones, with even bathrooms having air conditioners. Excellent facilities like CCTV displays in rooms to ensure privacy, outdoor private plunge pools, private gardens and sundecks, with spectacular views of the Swan lake or green fields. Magical architecture and design offers endless photo opportunities, especially when everything is lit up at night. Resort is ideally located to explore attractions on Bangkok’s outskirts as it’s a 15 minute drive away from Suvarnabhumi airport.
- Notes on Ammata Lanta Resort
- 27 unique pagoda-shaped pool villas surrounding an artificial lake, spread out over 15 acres, established in late 2015.
- Fantasy-like setting, with over-the-top design – Thai, Oriental, European, Khymer and Balinese influences on décor. Has Golden flying Pegasus horses and parts of boats on the roofs, swallow nest inspired pagoda-shaped ceilings in bedrooms, brick finish (thick brick walls to cut down noise).
- Extensive use of fine woods and coconut shells in the opulent earth tone interiors.
- Environment features terracotta sculptures, palm trees, bonsai trees, paintings mounted in boats, little stupas and boats everywhere. Resort is exquisitely lit up at night giving it a magical feel. Many day time and night time photo shoot opportunities. Great venue for weddings for overlooking the Swan lake.
- Two boats resting against each other make up the entrance to the lobby area, which also has an antique boat suspended on top of the reception area. Plenty of details to admire everywhere.
Reception is reminiscent of an old goldsmith shop, medium-sized lobby with many antiques, velvet chairs, genuine crystals.
- Lobby connects to spa which is rustic and decorated with Thai artwork. Has a gleaming standalone copper tub.
- Rooms are lavish with plush animal rugs, coconut shell chandeliers, teakwood deer heads, antiques and more. Some have waterfalls at the entrance and plunge pools accessed via the bedroom. Quiet and opulent exuding an aura of luxury.
- Air conditioner inside the spacious bathrooms. Wooden steps provided to step up to tub.
Small CCTV device in room entrances that offers a video display of visitors at the door to ensure privacy.
- Villas are centered around an artificial manmade lake, occupied by swans-tranquil atmosphere. 4 story observation deck for guests to enjoy sunset and sunrise views.
- 15 minutes away from Suvarnabhumi airport, making it an ideal destination for those looking for a one-of-a-kind Thai luxury accommodation close to the airport. (Not noisy).
- Extremely spacious rooms as the lowest category starts at 150 sq m.
- Has 14 Grand pool villas, 7 Superior Villas, 5 Deluxe villas and 1 Family pool villa. Best villas are the Grand pool and Family pool villas, which offer excellent views of the lake.
- Family pool villa (266 sq m) – Spacious 2 bedroom villa with a fantastic view of the Swan lake, large outdoor terrace and private pool.
- Grand pool villa (156 sq m) – Lovely view of Swan lake, has an outdoor garden with sun beds and private plunge pool overlooking the lake.
- Deluxe Jacuzzi villa (150 sq m) – Swarovski chandeliers, secluded garden, upper living room, with large outdoor terrace and open air Jacuzzi, views of fields and waterways.
- Superior Villa (150 sq m) – Private garden and outdoor terrace, secluded sun bed, view of waterway and lush green fields.
- 2 bars and 2 restaurants, offering gourmet Thai and international cuisine.
- Has one 8 shaped infinity pool with lights and a pool bar.
- Majority of guests are leisure oriented.
- Offers small bikes for kids to bike around. Biking area is nearby for bikers, but they need to bring their own bikes.
- Nearby attractions include the Snake farm, Crocodile farm, Mega Bangna shopping mall and golf courses.
- Hotel conducts a photo contest for the general public with an extremely generous cash prize.
5. Banyan Tree – Best Bangkok City Views
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 679 1200)
Modern 61-storey hotel with exceptional views of Bangkok city located in Bangkok’s business district. Has 325 lovely rooms (44 sq m to 143 sq m) with both modern and Thai elements. Famous for its unique helipad-turned rooftop restaurant and bar that offer an unparalleled experience of dining under the stars. Aside of its award-winning spa treatments, the hotel offers one-of-a-kind Spa Sanctuary Suite rooms, which include private massage rooms and unlimited massage treatments. Also operates an excellent dinner cruise (Apsara Cruise) on a vintage teak rice barge with personal chefs and customized menus. Great location for exploring the Silom area. Close to Lumpini park, Ce La Vie, Maggie Choos.
- Notes on Banyan Tree
- Opened in January 2002, 61 storey building, located on Sathorn road.
- 325 rooms and suites (10 types) ranging from (44 sq m to 143 sq m) – Horizon, Oasis Retreat, Serenity Club, One and Two Bedroom Suites, Spa Sanctuary Suites, and Presidential Suite (204 sq m).
- Lobby has a modern Thai feel and a lovely indoor greenery display. Lots of Thai art with flowing wave patterns on the wall, huge dark teakwood circular pillars, classy and spacious with Thai sculptures and a mini bar.
- The hotel is famous for its open-air rooftop Vertigo Grill restaurant and Moon Bar (converted helicopter deck) on the 61st floor, which looks like a ship’s deck and offers a stunning 360 degree unobstructed view of the city, thanks to escalated platforms and low walls. Great experience of dining under the stars with wonderful views of Bangkok.
- 7 restaurants and 2 bars – Dining options include fine Japanese dining (has a sake menu that features nearly 100 different bottles – one of the largest collections in South East Asia), nouvelle Chinese cuisine, Thai cuisine and Southeast Asian specialties, international, juice bar.
- Rooms are designed to reflect Thai heritage with a modern touch. All rooms have a personal aromatherapy oil burner with daily changing scents. Presidential suite (204 sq m) is a two-level duplex with a spiral staircase and a private jet pool and jet shower.
- Serenity Club rooms are great for their city and river views.
- Spa Sanctuary Suites (118 sq m) – These suites feature private couples massage room, where guests can enjoy unlimited massage treatments. Includes a meeting with a spa therapist to plan treatments.
- Award-winning Spa – Has a crystalline lighted bamboo display, pebble walkways and 16 Spa Treatment Suites. Can choose treatments originating from the Royal Thai Palaces or Banyan Tree’s signature Tropical Rainmist experience.
- Has a very small outdoor pool and sundeck. Hotel offsets this by offering a free complimentary massage every day for guests for around 5 to 10 min.
- Health club has scheduled fitness classes including Muai Thai, yoga. Small 24 hr gym. Guests are 50%/50% business and leisure.
- The Shopping Companion Service gives guests the chance to shop with experts.
- Offers cooking classes which are very popular with guests.
- The Apsara Dinner Cruise (64 guests) – Hotel offers a drinks and dinner cruise down the Chao Phraya river with a personalized menu and personal chef, and is one of the best cruises to be had on an elegant teak rice barge. Book in advance to reserve your spot.
- Small Kids club on 19th floor.
- Repeat guests are more than 30%.
- Special features – The Vertigo bar on the rooftop of the hotel is available for photo shoots to guests getting married in the hotel. Hotel also conducts an annual marathon called the Vertical Marathon, which raises funds for specific needs, which involves guests running up the stairs (groups of 10) from the ground floor to the 61 floor. (1500 steps approximately). Participants get a certificate. 700 guests participated in 2015.
- Nearby places of interest include Lumpini Park, Ce La Vie, Maggie Choos and Silom road.
- Long stay guests typically stay for a month.
- Competition- Sukothai, So Sofitel, W hotel.
6. Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok – Best Business Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 254 1234)
Fantastic business hotel with luxurious resort-style facilities that’s easily accessed via two BTS skytrain stations. Has 380 well-appointed rooms (40 sq m to 120 sq m), with plenty of dining options and a restaurant space that doubles as a pub in the evening. Offers delightful Spa Cottages with outdoor patios, spa treatment rooms and complimentary massages. Efficient 24 hour business center with dedicated business center officers and comprehensive secretarial services. Award-winning spa features a signature spa treatment for men. Excellent location in Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong shopping district, with direct convenient access to the BTS Chitlom station through the Erawan Bangkok mall.
- Notes on Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Opened December 1991, Located close to 2 skytrain stations, BTS Chitlom and BTS Rachadamiri.
- Has 380 rooms in total (Ranging from 40 sq m to 120 sq m). Its 44 suites include a Presidential Suite (240 sq m), and a Diplomat Suite (160 sq m), one-of-a-kind Spa Cottages and Premier Suites. All rooms have a walk in closet area and a voice link message system. Can request rooms for physically challenged guests.
- Two six-foot-high three-headed bronze elephants grace the hotel’s main entrance. Has a cathedral-like lobby with very high ceilings and flowing arches. Lots of warm wood tones, wooden window blinds and wooden parquet flooring makes it quite picturesque. The glass ceiling above lets in natural light and permits blue sky views.
- 6 Unique Spa cottages (100 sq m) – Cottages are clustered around a green courtyard and consist of a bedroom, living room, a spa treatment room, bathroom with an oversized tub & wall mounted TV and a private outdoor patio for relaxing and dining. Cottages are gorgeous with high ceilings and are very popular over the New Year as they offer fantastic views of the fireworks over the Central World mall. Cottages come with a complimentary one hour massage.
- 9 dining options and 2 bars – Serves up all day dining, Italian, International, Thai, Asian cuisine. The Italian restaurant has live music in the evening and transforms into a pub after 10 pm (has a dance floor).
- Has a 24 hr business center – Dedicated Business Centre officers provide complete secretarial services, including sending faxes, making business cards, photocopying and bookbinding. Can also arrange language translation, interpreters, messengers, couriers and offers business appointment services.
- Has a 24 hr glass fronted gym featuring the latest Technogym fitness equipment.
Movement studio – Offers daily schedule of aerobics, yoga, holistic activities or exercises classes.
- Power Plate Studio – First hotel in Bangkok to have Power Plate® equipment. (Uses the principles of Acceleration Training™ to stimulate the body’s natural response to vibration).
- Facilities include a 25-meter free-form swimming pool and whirlpool, Nail Bar and Hair Salon.
- Spa offers an award-winning ‘Man Space’ treatment that includes facial treatments, body massages, body envelopment treatments and more, for men.
- Has one floodlit tennis court and an air-conditioned squash court.
- Special features – Has a campus-themed meeting room that’s popular for weddings. Super easy to access as it is directly linked to the BTS station through the skywalk. Has a popular signature tea set in the Tearoom.
- Guest ratio – Business to Leisure – 60/40.
- No kids corner or special activities for guests.
- Long term guests stay for 1 month.
- Within walking distance – Erawan shrine, Amarin Plaza, Siam Square, Siam Discovery.
7. Hansar Hotel – Best Urban Design Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 209 1234)
Impressive boutique hotel with greenery and energy efficiency thoughtfully integrated into the design. Has 94 fantastic, open plan rooms (59 sq m to 125 sq m) that appear even more spacious due to intelligent design elements like free standing tubs and mirrored partitions. Offers guest many perks such as a complimentary breakfast buffet, free massage for booking direct through their website, free one day BTS pass, 10% discount for repeat customers and more. Located in the Ratchaprasong shopping district within walking distance to Erawan shrine and many of Bangkok’s high-end malls.
- Notes on Hansar Hotel
- Boutique hotel opened in January 2011, Very close to BTS Ratchadamri.
- 94 rooms and suites (5 room types) ranging from (59 sq m to 125 sq m), Studio Suites (32), Urban suites (33), Edge suites (15), Vertigo suites (12), Loft Suites (2) with and without balcony.
- Exterior has a bronze metallic mesh façade inspired by Bangkok’s temples. Lobby is on the first floor. Has live music six days a week and features local bands. Music varies between house music, opera, jazz music and more. Hotel has a Thai and contemporary design. Lots of wood, teak and Jim Thompson silk. Has Narrow and tight corridors that give a feeling of intimacy and privacy in public areas. Energy efficient design – all corridors have natural light and ventilation (no AC). Studio rooms have kitchenette and washing machines.
- Rooms have a very urban, open layout and a masculine design. Excellent utilization of space makes every room appear more spacious. Sliding mirrored partitions are used to separate areas. Fantastic walk-in bathrooms with beautiful marble freestanding tubs and vanities. Touch panels to control air conditioning. Headboard over beds are unique – each custom designed pattern features woven Thai antique silks with metallic beads. All rooms come with a complimentary breakfast buffet. Ask for rooms with golf course views.
- Studio Suites (59 sq m) – Have an integrated kitchenette with full sink, stove top, full height refrigerator and washing machine and dryer.
- Urban Suites (71 sq m) – Entrance features a unique interior garden wall alive with tropical greenery, silk-paneled suite. Signature suite – all main areas can be partitioned off from one another for more privacy.
- Edge Suite (77 sq m) – Has a vertical green (plant) wall and a cantilever daybed.
- Vertigo Suites (82 sq m) – Very spacious. Two lounging areas and two separate working desks.
- Loft Suites (125 sq m) – Duplex style. Has working, living, dining and powder room areas with floor to ceiling windows for natural light.
- Has a good-sized salt water pool (not heated).
- Very strong art focus – Holds art exhibitions throughout the year. Has its own design and architecture studio and local artist’s works up for sale. Has an award-winning floral team who exclusively design and sculpt floral artworks.
- Does not cater to groups or families with kids.
- Guest ratio – business to leisure – 40 to 60 percent.
- Has 2 bars and 2 dining options. Own organic coffee brand sourced from Chiang Mai and the coffee is sold in-house. Restaurant has a French Mediterranean menu. Has Anzuki (Japanese restaurant) on premises but doesn’t belong to Hansar.
- Both the swimming pool and fitness center are shared with Hansar residence guests. (Not crowded though). The swimming pool and 19th floor terrace are cantilevered over the main structure which gives guests excellent views of the golf course nearby.
- Special features – Guests can check out, leave luggage at the lobby and hang out at pool area where they can freshen up and take a shower before departing. Offers a 10% for guests who have stayed before to encourage them to come back. Also has a promotional offer which includes a one day BTS pass. Guests who book directly through the hotel’s website get a free massage or a dining voucher & free drinks.
- The VIP spa room can be booked for special occasions.
- Sky terrace is available only for events corporate end of the year parties and weddings.
- Competition in the Boutique segment – Sofitel, Hotel Muse.
- Doesn’t offer any activities for guests as such.
- Nearby attractions include Erawan Shrine, Siam Paragon, Gaysorn Shopping Mall.
8. Ariyasom Villa – Best Traditional Thai Villa Experience
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 254 8880)
Stunning Thai Villa offering a luxurious home away from home experience in a central but secluded, lush tropical setting. Open plan, inviting rooms (34 sq m to 70 sq m) with plenty of warmth, color and artistic details. Welcoming library, meditation hall, food with subtle flavors and overall tranquility elevate the home-like experience. Offers meditation courses and a healthy Pescetarian restaurant menu. Its location close to Bumrungrad International Hospital makes it ideal for medical tourists. Attractions and shopping in the Ploenchit, Chitlom and Asoke areas are all within walking distance.
- Notes on AriyasomVilla
- Opened in August 2008. Centrally located, a short walk away from BTS Ploenchit.
- Exquisite 4 floor leafy villa, with 24 spacious rooms with Thai art, painted doors, lots of silk and old teakwood furniture. Very wide wooden corridors and small cubby holes for artistic Thai decorations. Artwork has South East Asian, Burmese, Chinese, Thai and Khymer elements.
- Ambience is warm and comforting with plenty of color. Lots of greenery. Designed to give guests an experience of living in a Classic Thai home. Timeless feel.
- Good sized outdoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi.
- Rooms range from 34 sq m to 70 sq m. 10 Studio rooms (34 sq m), 8 Deluxe (42 sq m) rooms, 3 Executive Deluxe (60 sq m) rooms. 3 Executive Suite (70 sq m) rooms.
- Charming rooms with open plan bathrooms, pebbles on the bathroom floor. Some studios come with balconies. Executive Deluxe rooms have sit out areas with great pool views. Most popular room- Executive Deluxe Room 211.
- Warm and spacious library where wedding and engagement ceremonies are held.
- One massive wooden meditation hall with an altar. Miniscule gym with very little equipment. Has a private massage room, a couples massage room, and an open traditional massage area.
- Has one restaurant that serves no meat. Menu includes only seafood and vegetarian food with subtle flavors. (Recommended dishes – deep fried spring rolls and Penang curry with vegetables).
- Activities – Holds meditation courses, every other weekend (not regular). Sculpting courses (making a Buddha image) which can be transformed into a resin or brass Buddha. Potential tours include a horticultural tour and food tours.
- Mostly leisure guests – 85 to 90 percent. Medical tourism (Hotel is close to Bumrungrad Hospital).
- Competition – Chakrabongse villas.
- Nearby areas include Central Embassy Shopping Center, Penis shrine, Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, Terminal 21, Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. Also close to the canal boat transport.
9. SO Sofitel – Best Innovatively Themed Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 624 0000)
Innovative, trendy hotel with unique themed rooms based on 4 different natural themes. Has separate floors dedicated to each theme to give guests an experience of being in a different hotel with every visit. Décor has many storytelling elements reflective of local Thai culture. Has 238 memorable rooms (38 sq m to 138 sqm) with their own character, floor-to-ceiling windows, lavish bathtubs, AppleMac mini media solutions and totally complimentary in-room private bars. Offers spectacular views of Lumpini park, which is within walking distance. Also close to Patpong night market, Silom market and MRT Lumpini.
- Notes on SO Sofitel
- Opened in 2012.
- Trendy and innovative, So Sofitel’s unique themed rooms give guests the experience of staying at a different hotel each time.
- 238 rooms from 38 sq m to 138 sqm (Including one So VIP room of 233 sq m)
Room categories – So Cosy, So Comfy, So Club, So Studio, So Suite Spa, So Suite, So Lofty, So VIP.
- Hotel’s exterior is inspired by a hardbound book (With a story inside).
- Unique themed accommodation inspired by Lumpini park and Feng Shui. Rooms are decorated in Water, Earth, Wood, Metal themes, with the restaurant reflecting a Fire theme. Past, Present and Future also come across in the design – with the guest lobby reflecting the past (doors engraved with ancient lettering), the main lobby – the present and the rooftop bar – the future.
- Can request a hotel tour to discover interesting elements about Bangkok/Thai culture, incorporated in the hotel architecture, beginning for instance with the 2 levels of doors in the main entrance. (In ancient times, small doors were used for the public, big doors were opened for royalty and parades).
- Guest lobby on the ground floor features has a flashy pop art store.
- Main lobby on 9th floor has contemporary furniture, perforated flower patterns on the walls that continue to the ceiling, warm wood tone paneled floor, comfortable low seating and a fantastic view of Lumpini Park. (Handmade lights in the lobby mimic the floating clouds outside).
- Welcome drink served in test tubes which guests can mix. Staff have 3 styles of colorful uniforms. Trendy arty motifs in lift with mood lights.
- Three to four floors are devoted to each theme (such as earth, water etc.) so guests have the experience of staying in a different hotel each time.
- All rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows, a lavish bathtub, Apple© Mac mini media solution and complimentary in-room private bar (everything in the minibar is free) and a choice of Lumpini Park or city skyline views. iPad use for suite guests.
- Metal themed rooms – Décor features white colors, glass and metal. Has a pristine elegant feel. Metal cloud details over the bed. Silver corridors and fuzzy digital prints for room signs.
- Wood themed rooms – Old Siamese sketches on the walls, Wood highlighted by featured lighting. Has a tranquil feel.
- Earth themed rooms– Unforgettable blue colored rooms with curved flowing lines and primeval Thai paintings on walls and curtains. Refreshing and unique feel that guests either love or hate. Bathrooms feature marble against blue, black and white tiles.
- Water themed room – Lots of greys, marbled floor, elegant circular tubs. Great views of the city from every point in the room.
- So VIP Suite – 27th floor, is water themed, has white veined black marble floors, 2 bedrooms, open plan and a large Jacuzzi.
- Fire themed restaurant – Immense red oven dominates. Food market inspired décor.
- Club signature – colorful, dominated by the tree of life symbol.
- Roof top bar – trendy, futuristic. Plenty of mirror work that allows guests to enjoy the view from anywhere in the bar.
- Spa – Inspired by the mythical Himmapan Forest – Decorated with tree trunks. Walls have forest paintings with birds. Dark tones are used to give an aura of mystery.
- 24 hr Sofit gym offers so Fit signature fitness routines, iPod with personalized music, Professional personal trainer, Aerobic & yoga classes, KINESIS machine- 2,500 exercise routines. Guests can get borrow cycles to enjoy Lumpini park.
- Small infinity pool, has great views of the park.
- Guests are mostly leisure oriented.
- Lacks kids area.
- Competitors – W hotel, Hotel Indigo.
- Signature drink – Lindsey rose (Sweet but not strong).
- Signature dishes – Tom Yum Goong Risotto.
- Special features – Has a very popular pool party on the last Sunday of every month. Has a 50 sq m area called The Box suspended in mid-air on the 9th floor that can be used for private gatherings, parties etc. The Fête de la Musique is a worldwide Sofitel event for music lovers, held every June.
- 5 restaurants and bars. Has thematic cuisine. MIXO has molecular cocktails put together by mixologists.
- Chocolab is a chocolate boutique that offers dessert making classes.
- Lumpini park is within walking distance. Also close to Silom nightlife and the Patpong market.
- Pillow menu offers a choice of pillows for comfort.
10. U Sathorn Hotel– Best French Colonial Design
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 119 4888)
Stylish resort-type hotel designed with a successful open flow concept that gives it an expansive and relaxing aura. Features a gorgeous French Colonial design with a modish twist and a soothing white-on-white palette that’s well utilized in its 86 rooms (32 sq m – 72 sq m). Offers charming suites with high ceilings, cute kitchenettes, open bathtubs, bird cage fixtures and inviting divans in the balcony. Most rooms overlook the hotel’s courtyard and swimming pool and with plenty of birdsong in the air, it’s easy to unwind. Has a very fair 24 hr check-in/check out policy that lets guests enjoy rooms exactly for 24 hrs after their check in-time. Located off Sathorn road; the hotel operates a shuttle service to MRT and BTS stations nearby. Close to Patpong night market, Silom road, Vertigo restaurant and the Moon bar.
- Notes on U Sathorn Hotel
- Opened in November 2014. 86 rooms totally (32 sq m – 72 sq m), Superior (20), Superior Garden (38), Deluxe Gardenb(24) and Suite(4) accommodation.
- French Colonial design with a contemporary twist. Excellent use of space with big pillars & windows. Most rooms have swimming pool views which accentuates a resort feel.
- 24-hour room check-in/check-out – Very fair to the guests; can enjoy the room for a full 24 hours from arrival time.
- Breakfast whenever/wherever facility – Orders are served anywhere in the complex. Every room comes with breakfast.
- Online U Choose program – lets guests choose pillows, minibar items, teas and soap.
- Massive sweeping entrance to the hotel with Cinderella-like Chariot on the lawn. Ballroom near the entrance for convenience.
- Huge, breezy, marble lobby with circular seating that directly opens out onto the pool lounge area. Birdcage chairs in the lobby, porcelain table tops, afternoon tea is served in birdcages.
- Hotel consists of three low rise wings set around a green courtyard with the swimming pool as the centerpiece.
- J’AIME French restaurant designed in an ‘upside down’ interior design concept. Has piano hanging upside down from the ceiling, a wine cellar, a private dining room with book motif on the walls. Lots of green, purple and silver silks. Upside down bottles in the bar area. Serves innovative and classic French cuisine with comfortable, shared Asian tables allowing dishes to be easily accessed.
- Compact elegant rooms with stone finish corridors. Lots of white and gold accents in the décor. Rooms on the ground floor have pool access via the garden. All bathrooms with rain showers have a very handy sit down area in the shower.
- Superior Rooms (32 sq m) are the lowest category. Superior Garden (38 sq m) rooms have a lovely view of the courtyard.
- Deluxe Garden (34 sq m) – Airy rooms with picturesque views of the courtyard.
- Guests can choose between a complimentary signature cocktail in the library (bar) or afternoon tea with pastries or cookies per person per stay.
- Suites (72 sq m) – Best rooms. Feel like mini-apartments with high ceilings that extend the sense of space. Has a kitchenette, open bathtub, with paintings and bird cage fixtures. Big divan in balcony.
- Small 24 hr gym.
- Free bike hire for all guests.
- Special features – ‘U Make a Difference’ program- A community relations activity where the hotel contributes USD 1 for every night a guest stays at the hotel, to charities, support kids) twice a year. Weekly scheduled visits to the charity are available to guests interested in witnessing the improvements being made by their contributions.
- Activities include biking and jogging in the Bang Krachao area on Saturdays (coming soon), jogging in Lumpini Park.
- Clubs and bars nearby – Maggie Choos, Babylon (club for gay men), Moon bar.
- Competitors – Sukothai hotel.
- No kids club (provides nanny service).
- Guests are mostly leisure oriented. Long stay guests typically stay for 2 weeks.
- Located off Sathorn Road – Provides shuttle van every 1 hr or so to MRT Lumpini and BTS Sala Daeng stations.
11. Le Méridien Bangkok – Best Travel-Oriented Perks
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 232 8888)
Glamorous 24-storey hotel with artsy décor featuring retro puppies and modern art. Only hotel in Bangkok to have rooms with circular beds and an ‘unlock destination’ keycard concept. (In negotiations with Siam Museum for hotel keycards to permit free access to 40 local museums). All of its 282 rooms have floor to ceiling views and contemporary Thai touches like silk panels and Thai poems on the wall. Offers a very popular Sunday brunch with a free health check-up and free nutritionist consultation on every last Sunday of the month. Located 5 mins walk away from MRT Sam Yan. Close to Silom, Patpong night market.
- Notes on Le Méridien Bangkok
- Opened in December 2008.
- Has 282 rooms medium sized rooms (36 sq m to 78 sq m), 209 Vista rooms (includes 3 rooms built for disabled guests), 28 Vista Plus (corner rooms), 11 Circular rooms, 32 Aventec Suites, 1 Avantgarde Suite (162 sq m), 1 Grand Avantgarde Suite (162 sq m).
- Hotel has a modish appearance with black marble tiled flooring. Big lobby, with lots of black metal, grey and black seating, dark wood tones on walls. Lots of retro puppy art and figures. Main hotel entrance features a large picture of a man holding a dog and walking to symbolize a carefree lifestyle. Steel finish concierge stations in the lobby. Lobby has curated music and hotels arty keycards as a wall display. Fans are cleverly hidden in the layout to disperse the hotel’s scent. The latitude lounge, turns into a sparkling area for get-togethers in the evening. Decent sized corridors with bamboo theme carpets.
- Rooms have touch screen IP phones with virtual office functions, over-sized tubs, floor to ceiling views of the city and poems on the wall for a romantic Thai touch. Opt for rooms on non-smoking floor as the smell of smoke can be quite strong on the smoking floors. Best rooms in the hotel are the 4 corner circular bedrooms.
- Circular rooms are popular with honeymooners. Avantgarde Suite has its own steam room, while the Grand Avantgarde Suite has a six meter high ceiling, a steam room and a private pond in the living room area.
- 1 restaurant and 2 bars – Restaurant has a café concept, gets lots of natural light (huge windows).
- Bamboo bar – Chic bar with lighted flooring and a bamboo motif.
- All 7 spa rooms are circular, intimate and cozy – rooms are connected to each other.
- Medium size 24 hr fitness center.
- Has a shallow pool (4 ft depth) and a small bar pool.
- No kids club.
- Special features – Popular with locals, especially families for its healthy Sunday brunch. (Hotel consults doctors on ways to make the buffet healthier). The free health check-up at the month’s end includes BMI, cholesterol levels etc. Doctors from a nearby hospital also give short (10-20 min) lectures on specific topics. Hotel tries to partner with other brands to offer guests special experiences such as the unlock destination concept with the hotel’s keycard.
- Guests are more corporate than leisure.
- MRT Sam Yan is 5 min walking distance. Also close to MRT Lumpini.
- Close to Lumpini Park, Patpong Night Market, Vertigo and Moon Bar, Silom Road.
- Competition – Crowne plaza, Pullman.
12. Avani Riverside Bangkok Hotel – Best On-The-Go Design Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 431 9100)
Minimalistic and fresh, everything about the Avani Riverside is designed to address the hectic lifestyles of busy travelers. From paperless check-in at the lobby (under implementation), to grab-and-go airport style food displays and keycard gym access, all processes have been streamlined for maximum ease. Modern and spacious, its 248 rooms (30 sqm to 166 sq m) feature white and silver tones, space saving furniture and insane views of the Chaophraya river. Being right behind Anantara Riverside Bangkok gives it an advantage as guests can opt for Anantara’s Muai Thai classes, tours and avail other benefits. Only hotel to have a car lift, and a ballroom with a hidden showcase kitchen that opens up for the surprise factor (weddings/events). Spectacular rooftop restaurant and bar with breathtaking river views. Takes 15 minutes to get to the Central/Sathorn Pier by boat. Nearby riverside attractions include Asiatique and the Riverside Shopping Complex.
- Notes on Avani Riverside Bangkok Hotel
- Opened September 2016.
- All its 248 rooms face the river, and have fantastic ceiling to floor views. (None of the rooms have balconies though).
- Lobby on the 11th floor has light wood tones, a seamless design and uninterrupted views of Chaopraya river. All areas are designed to be within line of sight, and easily accessible; has fold-in-food displays, high apple style work tables and workstations facing the river, one small reception, and many different types of seating options to enhance comfort.
- Both ends of the lobby have wrap around views, permitting both sunrise and sunset views. Guests can sit and dine anywhere they like in the bar, lobby, restaurant areas. Low, big fountain with soothing sounds of flowing water gives it a relaxing atmosphere.
- 4 dining options and 3 bars – All day dining and Thai fusion cuisine. Focuses on traceable local foods. Salad greens come from a hydroponic farm that Avani shares with Anantara. Fold-in food displays at the lobby and grab-and-go, self-service concept.
- Very tiny spa with only 2 rooms – Focuses on re-energizing types of treatments as opposed to relaxing treatments. Its short express massage is very popular.
- Hotel has compact corridors, with large abstract paintings. Every floor has great views.
- Rooms have IPTV. Free standing bathtubs in the Suites have amazing river views.
- 24 hr gym – Has no staff. Guests can access the gym via their key cards.
- Small infinity pool overlooks the river. Guests can also utilize a relaxing green lounge area nearby to admire river views.
- Attitude rooftop restaurant & bar – Chic and funky style with neon lights and hot pink furniture. Has a sexy, sensual atmosphere and is a fantastic dining destination with amazing night time river views. Mixologist at the bar can mix up special drinks.
- Competition – Peninsula, Metropolitan.
- Mostly business oriented guests.
- Handy (Free phone calls to 10 international destinations)
- Can take khlong tours, Muai thai classes, tuk tuk tours and utilize other Anantara Hotel facilities. For instance, families can use the Anantara kids club.
13. Sukothai Hotel – Best Ancient Kingdom Inspired Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 344 8888)
Old-world charm is the hallmark of the Sukothai Hotel which offers an oasis-like experience in the heart of Bangkok’s Sathorn district. With a profusion of chedis, stupas, beautiful lawns, open-air spaces, mirrors and sculptures, the hotel delights the senses with the majesty of the ancient Sukothai kingdom. Rooms are tastefully decorated with a few sporting balconies that overlook a beautiful inner courtyard and lotus pond. From numerous dining options to an Olympic-size swimming pool, there’s lots to explore in the 6 acre property. Close to Lumpini park and the nightlife on Silom road.
- Notes on Sukothai Hotel
- Opened in 1991.
- Has 210 rooms (38 sq m to 98 sq m) plus 1 Beaufort Suite (138 sq m) and 1 Sukhothai Suite (198 sq m). Hotel is spread out over a 6 acre property in the heart of Sathorn district, very close to MRT Lumpini.
- Low rise hotel (9 floors) that takes inspiration from Bangkok’s first capital Sukothai. Has plenty of symmetrical colonnades, reflection pools, open-air arcades, bronze, teakwood and marble, mirrors, silk paneling, wood and granite emphasized in the décor. Large lobby with marble and parquet flooring, and immense pots (replicas from the Sukothai period), sculptures etc. Has somber tone with a brown, grey and dark green color palette and stylish tables. Has a gorgeous display of Chedis (stupas in a peaceful water setting).
- Rooms have rich Thai fabrics, stunning teakwood floor bathrooms and Apple iPod connections hardwired to an in-room sound system. Some of best rooms are the 12 Garden Suite rooms (76 sq m) with 4 poster beds and balconies that overlook a beautiful courtyard garden with lotus ponds.
- Spa is located in a garden outside the hotel and its Jasmine Purifying Ritual is its signature treatment.
- Great facilities with an Olympic size infinity-edge swimming pool, tennis and squash court, 24 hr fitness center, aerobic room, steam bath, sauna and whirlpool.
- 5 restaurants and 2 bars – serving all day dining, Thai and Italian cuisine. Lobby salon is popular for its afternoon tea set and a famous chocolate buffet. The award winning Thai restaurant serves Thai cuisine in traditional Thai pavilions and open-air terraces surrounded by lotus ponds – very popular for engagement ceremonies in the Thai style. Signature dishes: Traditional Fried Rice Noodles with Tamarind, Bean Sprouts, Garlic Chives, Crab Meats and Grilled Prawn, Red Curry of Roasted Duck in Coconut Milk.
- Very popular Sunday brunch.
- Fully equipped business center that offers a full suite of business services, such as printing, photocopying and secretarial services.
- Own herb garden which guests can visit.
- Has mostly business guests.
- Offers a Pillow menu.
- Competition – Sofitel, W hotel, Grand Hyatt, Siam Kempinski, Mandarin Oriental and The Peninsula.
- Close to Lumpini park, M.R. Kukrit’s Residence, Vertigo, Patpong night market, Silom road.
14. The Okura Prestige – Best Thai-Japanese Fusion Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 687 9000)
Contemporary Thai-Japanese Fusion Hotel with 240 rooms and suites (43 sq m to 97 sq m), located in the heart of the city’s central business district on Wireless Road, with direct access to BTS Ploenchit. Classy rooms, with digital bedside panels, Japanese summer kimonos, Japanese bidet-style modern toilets and panoramic city views. Dramatic cantilevered infinity pool that seems to blend with the city’s skyline. Spa offers amethyst stone, bamboo rod and gold-based oil treatments, as well as seasonal treatments. Located close to a few embassies and within walking distance of many top shopping malls such as Central Embassy mall, Gaysorn Plaza and Central World.
- Notes on The Okura Prestige
- Opened, May 2012.
- Has 240 rooms and suites (43 to 97 sq m) that include 1 Presidential Suite (156 sq m), 1 Royal Suite (165 sq m ), 1 Imperial Suite (302 sq m).
- Very convenient access – Directly connects to BTS Ploenchit.
- Hotel is located in the award-winning Park Ventures Ecoplex (Has received the US Green Building Council LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) Platinum rating)).
- Lobby on the 24th floor is very modern, with lots of modern art. Has lamps that resemble chess pieces, woven lantern screens used as partitions reflecting Thai-Japanese fusion. Has marble flooring and décor has lots of silver and steel (metal plates), charcoal walls, sober brown tones and high ceilings. First Okura Prestige hotel in the world from the Japanese hotel brand.
- Rooms start from the 26th floor and all of them have wide windows and impressive city views. No balconies though. Rooms have clean, elegant lines and feature Yukatas (summer kimonos) laid out on the bed, digital bedside panels to control lights, shading, air conditioning and housekeeping. Bathtubs have city views too and some rooms have great views of Lumpini Park.
- 3 award-winning restaurants and 1 bar: Traditional Japanese, French cuisine with Japanese influences, and all day dining.
- Swimming pool has spectacular views – While it feels like you might fall off, there’s a hidden balcony below which makes it very safe. Has a 24 hr gym that overlooks the pool.
- Okura spa treatment – Follows seasons and uses ingredients that match with seasons. Offers bamboo treatments, amethyst stone treatments. Has treatment oils that include a gold-based oil) and the signature Okura Spa oil that contains traces of white tea.
- Business Center – Well equipped with PCs, fax machine and printer and a comprehensive secretarial service. Staff also arrange local messenger deliveries, international shipping of packages and parcels, photocopying, printing and scanning.
- Has more business guests – Located close to many Embassies.
- Offers free food for children under 6 years of age (at buffet).
- Guests have 2 choice of breakfast – An international buffet or a Japanese set.
- Competition – Conrad, Grand Hyatt and Siam Kempinski.
- Within walking distance – Central Embassy Shopping Mall, Central World, Gaysorn Plaza, Erawan Shrine, Pratunam market.
15. Chakrabongse Villas – Best Aristocratic Residence Experience
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 222 1290)
Spectacular, exclusive boutique hotel, and a former Royal Residence, right in the heart of Old Bangkok. Has 7 accommodation options (12 sq m to 155 sq m), featuring timeless suites, decorated in Chinese, Thai and contemporary styles and tiny Moroccan style rooms. Has luxurious suites, decorated with traditional silks and antiques, with stunning views of Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) from private terraces. Fantastic Thai pavilion restaurant serves special Royal Thai cuisine right by the riverside; ideal for private breakfasts and romantic candle-lit dinners, and observing life on the river, with Wat Arun as the backdrop. Hotel is within walking distance of many top attractions in Old Bangkok, such as the Museum of Siam, Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha), the Grand Palace and the flower market.
- Notes on Chakrabongse Villas
- Opened in 2002.
- 7 accommodation options – 4 distinctive completely different suites – 1 Chinese Suite (155 sq m), 1 River View Suite (129 sq m), 1 Thai House (97 sq m), Garden 1 View Suite (44 sq m) and 3 small Moroccan-style rooms (15/12 sq m).
- Royal history – Built in 1908 by HRH Prince Chakrabongse, the Chakrabongse House still functions as a royal residence today and is private property that’s closed to the public. However, the Thai-style cottages tucked away in the lush grounds of the Chakrabongse House and an annex from the main house containing 3 rooms have been converted into a boutique hotel called Chakrabongse Villas, by Princess Narisa, a descendant.
- Extremely exclusive – No walk-ins and not possible to enter through the main gate unless expected.
- Set in a leafy jungle-like garden, with lovely fountains, tall palms and a long trellised archway. Secluded and tranquil atmosphere.
- Very small lobby – One tiny room filled with antiques and memorabilia. Has a library area that’s more of a lounge space.
- Rooms range from very spacious to very tiny – All have their own character.
- Chinese Suite (155 sqm) – Most spacious suite, duplex style, two double rooms en suite, a living room and two private terraces situated in a separate building overlooking the swimming pool. Décor is warm, with antique Chinese furniture and doors, ornate four poster bed and a spacious kitchenette. Fantastic river views from the private terraces.
- River View Suite (129 sq m) – Beautiful Thai-style teak apartment with a large double bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom, study, sitting room and private veranda. Décor features teak wood, rich silks, and Thai antiques. Great views of Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn).
- Thai House (97 sq m) – Gorgeous Ayutthaya–style teak house on stilts, situated in the main garden. Has a private veranda with day bed overlooking a pool sculpture.
- Garden View (44 sq m) – More contemporary in style. Bedroom opens out onto the main garden. Has as a kitchenette, bathroom and study area.
- Mali (15 sq m), Fueng Fa (12 sq m), Chaba (12 sq m) – Three small rooms, Moroccan style, en–suite with air conditioning.
- 1 Sala-style restaurant – Offers authentic Royal Thai Cuisine from the Royal Family’s own recipes. (Royal Cuisine is a separate branch of Thai cookery and is not easy to find). Unique experience of having a candle-lit dinner under a Thai pavilion with awesome views of Wat Arun, right by the riverside. Meals need to be ordered in advance. Limited number of tables (5-6).
- Activities – The hotel has its own classic teak river styled launch and a long-tailed boat for tours and excursions along the river. Can also arrange a traditional Thai massage from a Thai massage school in the privacy of own villa. Also offers 2 canoes and bicycles for guests to use. Can arrange moonlight canoe trips.
- Has a small 10 m long pool, surrounded by greenery.
- Excellent location for exploring Old Bangkok – Museum of Siam, Wat Pho (Temple of Reclining Buddha), The Grand Palace, the Flower market, are all within walking distance.
16. Shanghai Mansion – Best Vintage Chinese Design hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 221 2121)
An ode to 1930’s Shanghai, Shanghai Mansion is a 79 room boutique hotel (27 sq m 76 sq m), located right in the center of Bangkok’s Chintown district, on Yaowarat road. Hotel’s design and décor reflects the glamour of Old Shanghai, with rooms, clustered around a large indoor courtyard peppered with Chinese lanterns and a beautiful water garden serving as the centrepiece. Rooms have plenty of old world charm with imperial furniture, intricately carved four poster beds, colourful patterned textiles, and free standing tubs. Unbeatable location on Yaowarat road, making the hotel an excellent base to explore the attractions of Chinatown, many of which are within walking distance – Wat Traimit, Sampaeng Lane etc. Very close to Little India and Pahurat market.
- Notes on Shanghai Mansion
- Opened in March 2006.
- Has 79 rooms – Mei Hua Suites (27 sq m), Ying Hua Suites (39 sq m), Mu Dan Suites (49 sq m), Family Suites ( 48 sq m to 76 sq m).
- Housed in a historic landmark building that was a former Chinese Opera House, Shanghai Mansion was the first boutique hotel to be located in Bangkok’s Chinatown district. Entrance over a wooden walkway leads to a vibrant, medium-sized lobby and an indoor atrium (resembles the grand courtyard of traditional Chinese homes). Atrium has plenty of comfortable seating options to relax by the water garden/admire the courtyard. Many excellent photo opportunities.
- Mansion has opulent furniture and many whimsical details such as bell pulls near the beds to control lights, dragon print wallpaper along the corridors and birdcages in bathrooms. Rooms evoke the culture and sense of China with luxurious and eye-catching interiors. Unfortunately, the rooms have no views as the hotel is located between buildings and all the windows are merely decorative.
- 3 Family Suites (48 sq m to 76 sq m) – These are biggest rooms and are great for families and groups of friends.
- 16 Mu Dan Suites (49 sq m) – Inviting interiors with Chinese cupboards, plush daybed, a sitting area and a four-poster bed. Very spacious bathroom with a deep free standing tub.
- 9 Ying Hua Rooms (39 sq m) – These ‘Cherry blossom’ rooms have a fresh feel with rich brocades, vibrant silks and antique furnishing.
- 51 Mei Hua Rooms (27 sq m) – ‘Plum blossom’ rooms have a more youthful, contemporary touch.
- Butler Service – Available to guests staying in the Ying Hua Rooms and the Mu Dan Suites. Provides services such as unpacking luggage to scheduling plans and guiding guests through the markets and sites of the Chinatown.
- Has three dining options and a jazz lounge – Serves contemporary Chinese, Dim Sum and Western food.
- Jazz Lounge set in an open air terrace with a full-on view of the vibrant Yaowarat Road. Great location to observe life in Chinatown and good live jazz music in the evenings. Hotel has no gym and no swimming pool.
- Small spa with 3 treatment rooms and signature treatments like the Singing Bowls ritual.
- Superb location in the heart of Chinatown – Wat Traimit (Solid Gold Buddha), Leng Buai La shrine, (Bangkok’s oldest Chinese shrine), Elah Sae Coffee Shop (Century old Chinese coffee shop), Tang To Kang (City’s oldest gold shop), Hua Lamphong railway station, Sampaeng Lane (wholesale shopping) are all within walking distance. Also close to Little India, Pahurat market and the pier at BTS Saphan Taksin.
17. Riva Arun Hotel – Best Old Bangkok & River Views
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 221 1188)
Distinctive ‘Chino colonial’ style boutique hotel, 25 rooms (22 sq m -73 sq m) situated along the Chao Phraya river that offers unmatched views from each side of its rooftop restaurant. Guests can admire 3 of old Bangkok’s star attractions – Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn), Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) & the Grand Palace, and a panoramic view of the river. Elegant rooms done in a white and olive green color palette featuring carved wooden interiors and ornate ironwork. Highlights include special suites with private balconies that lets guests enjoy personal views of a sunset/sunrise over Wat Arun, lounging in their own outdoor Jacuzzi. Fantastic location with Wat Pho just across the road, and other major attractions in Old Bangkok within walking distance. Hotel recently constructed its own waterside dining front; a private pier with a café and open-air bar.
- Notes on Riva Arun Hotel
- Opened on Aug 1 2016, 25 room boutique hotel with 6 room types (22 sq m -73 sq m).
- Hotel’s Décor has Chinese elements to it with plenty of carved woodwork. The colors used are connected to Wat Arun- white and olive green tones.
- Offers 3 viewpoints of Old Bangkok from one location – Wat Arun (opposite view), Wat Pho and the Grand Palace (rear view), panoramic river view (Either side).
- Small lobby with lots of natural light. Small bar on the ground floor in the lobby area, done in the same style as rooms. Rooms have breathtaking views of Wat Arun (Ask for rooms on the higher floors). The best suites are those with the large outdoor Jacuzzi. Rooms have high & soft beds, complimentary mini-bars and a menu of aromatic scents.
- Riva Arun Studio (22 sq m) – Balconies offer city views of Bangkok along Maharaj road.
- Riva Arun Superior (22 sq m) – Overlooks the old city on Maharaj road with partial views of the river.
- Riva Arun Deluxe (25-27 sq m) – Modern design with Chinese twist.
- Riva Arun Brand Deluxe (50 sq m) – Offers own personal view of the Chao Praya River from a private balcony.
- Riva Arun Grand Deluxe Jacuzzi (62 sq m) suite – Stunning views of Wat Arun from your private balcony while bathing in the outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Riva Arun Premium Jacuzzi Suite (73 sq m) – Aside of the fantastic views of Wat Arun from the jacuzzi, these suites have connecting rooms that are available for family and visiting friends.
- 2 Restaurants & 2 bars – Serves Western food and local Thai cuisine with global influences. Mind-blowing views of Wat Arun and other attractions at night from the rooftop restaurant which also has a retractable roof.
- No swimming pool and no gym – Hotel offers a boat connection to its sister property Riva Surya close by; guests can use Riva Surya’s riverside swimming pool and other facilities.
- Superb location for exploring many attractions. Within walking distance – Wat Pho, Museum of Siam and Grand Palace and the flower market. The Maharaj riverside community mall is also close by.
18. Siam Kempinski – Best Palatial Resort-Style Hotel (& Best Shopping Location)
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 162 9000)
Extremely opulent, palatial hotel with a majestic aura, located right in the heart of Siam’s shopping district, with direct access to BTS Siam through the Siam Paragon mall. With massive teakwood doors that extend up to the ceiling, lighted staircases, Thai dancer nail-inspired lamps, vast corridors, and a décor done up in gold and earth tones, the hotel exudes a feeling of glamorous splendor. Has 401 lovely rooms and suites, spread out across multiple wings, around a central courtyard containing a garden and a free-form swimming pool. Only hotel in Bangkok to have unique cabana rooms that allow guests to dive into the pool, directly from their personal private terraces. Has an exclusive tropical resort-feel, yet it’s steps away from the BTS. Restaurants possess unique features like a traditional Thai pavilion (sala) inside the restaurant. Also offers guests the option to have a single dish cooked in different styles (Asian or non-Asian). Extremely convenient location in the Ratchaprasong shopping district with Siam Paragon shopping mall, MBK center, Bangkok Art & Cultural Center (BACC), Siam Discovery Mall, Central World, Pratunam market and Erawan shrine, a short walk away.
- Notes on Siam Kempinski
- Opened in September 2010.
- Has 401 rooms and suites (40 sq m to 130 sq m) that include 1 Terrace Suite (140 sq m), 1 Presidential Suite (215 sq m), 1 Penthouse (260 sq m) and 1 Royal Suite (300 sq m).
- Grand hotel with dragon handles on doorways, artistic sculptures, big and little fountains in the huge lobby, and musicians playing live music. Has spectacular filigree lamps that (are inspired by) and resemble upside-down Thai dancer’s nails, which throw intricate fire-like patterns on the walls. Lots of marble, beige furniture, dark wood tones, plush velvet carpets. Furniture has been laid out to create many spaces that feel intimate in spite of the lobby’s size. Feeling of exotic glory continues into the corridors which are huge and lined with the filigree lamps. Lobby has a spacious bar. Very soothing atmosphere overall. Attention to detail is evident – hotel card has a miniature map of the hotel.
- All of the hotels rooms are centered around the swimming pool/central courtyard and have great views. Rooms come with or without balconies. Décor is contemporary Thai, with distinctive Thai elements reflected in the paintings, decorative items, silk curtains and paneling. Best rooms are the Cabana rooms and the Deluxe Cabana, with swimming pool access directly from the room’s outdoor terrace.
- 10 Cabana rooms (40 sq m to 48 sq m) – Rooms are located on the Ground Floor of the hotel’s Garden Wing. Décor is contemporary Thai and has decent-sized terraces with steps leading into the pool.
- 11 Duplex Cabana rooms (75 sq m to 110 sq m) – Very spacious duplex style rooms with living rooms and the bedrooms on a separate floor.
- Family friendly – Has a big kids club that’s free of charge for guests and cooking classes for kids. Has 26 family suites (91 sq m) and 12 Two bedroom family Suites (99 sq m) that have an apartment-style ambience. Suites have connecting rooms, large kitchens and a washing machine.
- Guests are 80% leisure.
- Has 3 restaurants and two bars – Serves modern Thai dishes with a contemporary twist, Western, Arabic food and all day dining. The innovative ‘Niche’ restaurant has a home-style décor and offers guests the option of having their dish cooked in different styles (Asian or non-Asian). A stunning Thai-style pavilion inside the hotel’s fine dining restaurant, is available to guests.
- Decent sized 24 hr fitness center, with an aerobics room. Offers complimentary classes on step aerobics, body stretching, muscle relaxation and Muai Thai to all guests.
- Lovely small spa – Signature massage is season oriented. Has 8 treatment rooms and suites.
- Business center – Comprehensive business center that offers many business and secretarial services (mobile telephone rental service, local pre-paid SIM cards, photocopying, printing and scanning, video conferencing etc.).
- Awesome location – Has direct access to Siam Paragon through the sky bridge located on the second floor of the Royal Wing (Mall access is open from 10 am to 10 pm through Siam Paragon).
19. Hotel Musez – Best 1920’s Themed Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 630 4000)
Hotel Muse, offers the chance to step back in time and experience what a 1920’s European hotel might look like intermixed with oriental influences. The travel themed boutique hotel offers 174 period style rooms (39 sq m to 111 sq m) named after Buddhist cosmology, with sophisticated touches and amenities. Handsome rooms with classy dark wood tones, vintage fixtures and claw foot bathtubs. A ‘SpeakEasy’ club-like lounge area spread out across two floors gives guests a large variety of comfortable lounging options. Has three architecturally gorgeous, private domes on the rooftop entitled ‘It’s Personal,’ ‘Private affair,’ and ‘Never tell’ which guests can hire for a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Has an Italian restaurant with stunning décor that offers live opera and cooking classes. Great location with Central World, Erawan shrine and Siam Paragon with walking distance.
- Notes on Hotel Muse
- Opened in September 2011.
- Offers 174 rooms (39 sq m to 111 sq m). Jatu Deluxe (39 sq m), Dowadueng Corner Deluxe (39 sq m), Yama Executive (39 sq m), Dusid Duplex Suite (76 sq m), Nimman Suite (84 sq m-111 sq m), Paranim Penthouse (216 sq m).
- Gleaming lobby with a stunning ostrich feather and photo frame display at the entrance. Lovely grill work doors and windows that extend into the elevator’s architecture. Plenty of woodwork on the archways.
- Lobby has an intimate, vintage European appeal with individual receptionists stationed like secretaries behind desks. Décor contains shimmering plush cushions, leather chests doubling up as tables, vintage trunks and fixtures, deep wood tones, tables with stones and jewelry displays, deer antler lamps, telescopes and vintage paintings. ‘M’ embossed on the floors.
- Names of the hotel’s 6 room categories are inspired by Buddhist cosmology where devas (supernatural beings) lead blissful lives forever immersed in perpetual pleasures. Rooms have a period feel with gorgeous claw-foot roll-top bathtubs, hand-painted basins, Venetian mirrors and black marble floors. Has delightful period elements like telescopes and gramophones and furniture from the 1920’s. All rooms feature in-room bars and iPod docking stations.
- Jatu Deluxe (88 rooms).
- Dowadueng Corner Deluxe (32 rooms) – All 32 rooms have dramatic dual-aspect window views as they are located at the building’s corners. Great views from the bathroom windows too.
- Yama Executive (43 rooms) – Designed to meet the needs of long-stay residents with premium amenities.
- Dusid Duplex (6 rooms) – Spacious layout with living room and bedrooms on separate levels.
- Nimman Suite (4 suites) – Beautiful suites that have a landscaped private outdoor terrace. Some suites feature an extended living room/study area.
- Paranim Penthouse (1 Penthouse) – Lavishly styled, with three landscaped terraces and a dedicated spa area.
- Has 3 restaurants – All day dining, Cosmopolitan Italian cuisine, a Steakhouse
Medici Kitchen & Bar – Stunning neo-industrial décor with modern lines and surfaces with rusticated elements like brick walls and wooden barrels. Fantastic atmosphere with an open kitchen and live opera performances.
- The Steakhouse Bangkok is a 1920’s Chicago style eatery. Has muted tones, inviting leather armchairs, intriguing period décor, live jazz music and panoramic city views. Signature dishes include succulent pan-seared scallops on a bed of cauliflower purée with caviar and pancetta, a five-grain salad of fresh berries with dukkha and cucumber yogurt.
- The SpeakEasy – An exclusive club-like area spread out across the 24th and 25th floors. Has a number of lounging options – Long Bar, Terrace Bar, The Blind Pig cigar lounge, a rooftop bar. (Has elements of mystery in the décor – There’s a hidden door to the 25th floor).
- Very spacious terrace with glittering city views and 3 private domes that guests can hire. Rooftop bar has a retractable roof.
- Has gangster inspired private rooms (Chicago style) with names like Al Capone.
- Small swimming pool with sparkling floors. Has great city skyline views.
- Decent sized gym with latest-generation Life Fitness brand cardio and strength-training equipment.
- Activities- Guests can take Italian cooking classes at Medici (3 course menu).
- Competition – Sofitel, Hotel Indigo, Plaza Athnee, Hansar.
- Long stay guests stay up to a year.
- Guests are 60% leisure and 40% business.
- Great location – Attractions within walking distance include Central World, Erawan Shrine and Siam Paragon.
20. W Hotel – Best Chic Hotel (With Two Distinct Personalities)
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 344 4000)
Outrageously chic hotel with a quirky Thai design ethic that’s brilliantly integrated into its glittering décor. From a Swarovski phoenix tiger mural in the lobby, to golden Muai thai boxing ring screens, tuk tuk light installations, and an eyeball shaped swimming pool with underwater music & lights, everything about the W hotel is cutting edge. Only hotel to have two distinctive personalities; its fashion forward side occupies a 31 storey glass tower. The ‘House of Sathorn’ is its second, more traditional face – a 127 year old restored colonial mansion, adjacent to the main hotel that features neo-classic architecture. Has sophisticated rooms done in whites, blacks, golds and purples, with custom designed chrome furniture, crocodile skin padded beds, gold sequined boxing glove pillows and contemporary rocking chairs. Award-winning Woo bar is one of Bangkok’s coolest hang-out spots. Futuristic spa with glowing beds that change color, a hammam (Turkish bath), and Muai Thai boxing inspired treatments. Has a 24 hr whatever/whenever service concept that’s ready to make anything happen (Transport gourmet dishes from other countries, helicopter rides across the city etc.). Great location in Sathorn, with easy access to BTS Chong Nonsi, that’s close to both riverside and city attractions. Within walking distance – Ce La Vie nightclub, Silom night market and the nightlife on Sathorn sois 10 & 12.
- Notes on W Hotel
- Opened in December 2012, with 403 rooms and suites (43 sq m – 84 sq m). Has a Wow (188 sq m) and a W-style Presidential Suite (215 sq m).
- Rooms include – 244 Wonderful Rooms (41 sq m), 106 Spectacular Rooms (43 sq m), 19 Cool Corner Rooms (47 sq m), 20 Studio Suites (64 sq m), 2 Fantastic Suites (84 sq m) and 10 Marvelous Suites (84 sq m). A Wow Suite (188 sq m), Extreme Wow Suite (W-style Presidential Suite) (215 sq m).
- House of Sathorn (Built in 1889, opened in July 2015) – Restored by the Fine Art department with original colors from 127 years ago. Exquisite details like boar heads in pillars, Thai artwork such as tapestries, paintings, photography and sculpture, intricate wooden staircases and even the restored personalized family fresco motifs. Has 3 restaurants (a spacious inner courtyard area) and a very elegant bar. Serves international cuisine, comfort food and afternoon tea.
- Main hotel has 1 restaurant and the Woo bar – Restaurant serves international cuisine. Signature dishes – Butter Chicken at the Kitchen Table. Every pizza, any style burger. Afternoon tea set at the courtyard.
- Hotel Décor and design – Has an avant-garde touch and is heavily inspired by Muai Thai boxing.
- Has own W scent (green apple). Lobby has a lux feel with a sparkling W sign right next to the entrance and a giant crystal mural embedded in black marble above the reception area that displays a phoenix and tiger (good luck symbols of power and strength) engaged in an epic battle in tattoo art style. Lots of black everywhere with purple & mauve lighting. Many quirky touches throughout such as a tuk tuk wall installation with 500 lights (reflecting the busy nature of Bangkok), fabric installation made of Muai thai boxer headbands, drinking water plastic bag displays, Bangkok city skyline wire art and photographs of soi dogs. Woo bar is right next to the lobby.
- Edgy rooms with a funky spirit – Rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, monochrome backgrounds, metallic gold, pink and purple accents, abstract artwork, glass partitions and black brick tiled bathrooms with pull curtains for privacy. Some have triangular open floor plans, geode sculptures, ottoman chairs wrapped in black horse fur, oversized black and white striped coffee tables, and contemporary rocking chairs. Bed throws feature artwork of the mythical hybrid creatures from the heavenly Himmaphan forest (black dragons with gold boxing gloves for example). All rooms have touch screen room controls via the provided tablet, a sound bar system and a docking station for MP3 players. Corridors feature a black marble finish with room numbers lit up in pink/purple tones. Welcome touches include colorful elongated macaroons called ‘Macalongs.’ Ask for rooms on the West side for the best city views. (W pet beds are available on request).
- Woo bar – Edgy bar with shimmering carpets and gold glamour rope screens inspired by boxing ring ropes. Plenty of cozy places to relax in. Cocktail creations served by W mixologists.
- 24 hr Gym – Has artwork featuring a buff Hanuman (mythical monkey God) figure carrying modern barbells. Equipped with the latest fitness equipment.
- Avante Garde Swimming pool – Pool is shaped like a human eye with an eyelash. Has fiber optic lights in the water to give a swimming in a sea of stars sensation. Can hear music underwater during the daytime.
- Concept oriented spa – Metamorphosis concept is integrated into spa design – Has cocoon-like spaces, for guests to retreat into with soft mood lighting, glowing beds that change color to suit the guest’s mood (Green – calm and peaceful, Red – increasing body energy, Purple – happiness, Pink – romantic and sensuality). Has butterfly wire sculptures on the walls. Facilities include steam, sauna, plunge pool, and style lab (salon). Also offers private access to a Hammam (Turkish bath). Has massages based on Muai Thai boxing.
- 24 hr Business Centre – Has PC’s, Mac computers, printer, scanner, fax machine, copying and secretarial services, laptop rental, and highspeed internet access. WIRED® Business Centre is located on ground Floor.
- Hotel is targeted at trendsetters, disruptors and fashionistas.
- Guests are 50% business and 50% leisure.
- Long stay guests typically stay for 2 weeks.
- Special features – Famous for its Songkran pool party, that happens once a year. Niche event with only 500/600 people.
- 24 hr Whatever/whenever service concept – States they’ll make anything happen, however challenging. W insider/concierge – Offers advice on city and is backed by a team.
- Close to many happening nightlife and dining destinations – Clubs like Ce La Vie, Revolucion Cocktail, Smalls bar, Maggie Choos and Silom night market. Nightlife along Sathorn 10 and 12 (10 restaurants).
- Competition – So Sofitel.
21. Shangri-La Hotel – Best Riverside Location
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 236 7777)
Sprawling two tower riverside resort with 802 rooms and suites (36 sq m to 235 sq m) that’s mere steps away from BTS Saphan Taksin/Sathorn pier. Awesome base for exploring riverside attractions. Has the longest river frontage of a riverside hotel (spanning almost a quarter of a mile), and offers fabulous river views. Its two towers encircle lush tropical gardens with a profusion of palm trees, orchids and flowers, giving the resort an oasis like-vibe. Has beautiful colonnaded lobbies, with high ceilings, crystal chandeliers and numerous fountains. Rooms are decorated in a contemporary Thai style with rich Jim Thompson silks, teakwood flooring and furnishings. Has two large swimming pools and one of the biggest fitness centers in Bangkok (10,000 sq m) offering a staggering 40 different fitness and sports options. Within walking distance of the Lebua State Tower (Hangover bar), Wat Yannawa (Boat temple). Asiatique, The Royal Barge Museum, Sriraj Medical Museum, The Grand Palace & Wat Pho, Wat Arun are short boat rides away. Its location close to BTS Saphan Taksin puts the shopping areas (Malls at Siam, Chitlom etc.) within easy reach.
- Notes on Shangri-La
- Opened in August 1986.
- 7.2 acre property. 802 rooms – 667 Guestrooms, 63 Horizon Rooms, 72 Suites and 24 Residences. Has 673 rooms in the 25 storey Shangri-La Wing and 129 rooms in the newer KrungThep Wing (Opened in 1991). Hotel design is based from a James Hilton novel entitled ‘Lost Horizon.’
- Huge lobbies that have the Shangri-La scent to make guests feel at home. (tea scent). Prime riverside location. Rooms have Thai decorative motifs, handcrafted artwork streamlined bay windows and deep soaking tubs. All rooms have river or city views. Has lovely little touches like bread baskets in riverside corridors, for guests to feed the river fish.
Room sizes in the Shangri-la wing range from 36 sq m to 56 sq m. Suites in this wing range from Shangri-la suites 100 sq m to 235 sq m.
- The KrungThep Wing has larger rooms starting at 44 sq m and offers more privacy, a private butler service and exclusive use of one of the hotel’s swimming pools. Rooms in this wing have balconies that overlook the wing’s private pool.
- KrungThep suites range from 84 sq m to 215 sq m. Corner rooms are some of the best rooms, with two window views (Asiatique and the bridge).
- Has a 10,000 sq m Fitness Centre with 40 fitness and sports options such as Yogilates, Body Fusion, Pilates, aerobics, Flow Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Bosu Ball, Body Training, Dancercise, Vinyasa Yoga, Table Tennis and more.
- 3 bars and 10 Dining options that include a dinner cruise on its own boat entitled Horizon cruise. Serves Italian cuisine (live music and 150 wines in its wine menu), all day dining (six interactive theatre-style cooking stations), classical Thai cuisine (live Thai dance performances) and Chinese cuisine. The Long bar has a 14.2 meter bar counter.
- Excellent facilities with a business center, clinic, shopping arcade, spa pool, sauna and steam rooms.
- Rooftop Helipad – Permits helicopter access to the airport if needed.
- Award winning Chi spa – Design based on a Tibetan temple. Has 10 treatment suites with signature massages that include a Hot stones massage and a Yin Yang Harmonizing massage.
- Family friendly – Children under 6 can enjoy complimentary buffet meals. Has a kid’s playground area, kids club and offers babysitting services. Sunday brunch offers a magic performance for kids and other kid’s activities.
- Can arrange long-tail boat tours on private boats.
- Environment-friendly hotel – Operates a solar water heating system that’s used to address the heating requirements of all the hotel’s 802 rooms.
22. St. Regis – Best Tradition & Bespoke Butler Service.
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 207 7777)
Lavish and steeped in family traditions, the centrally located St Regis, Bangkok, with direct access to BTS Ratchadamiri, offers 227 spacious rooms (45 sq m to 250 sq m) that blend ornate artwork with contemporary décor and have dramatic views of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club’s golf course and the city’s skyline. Rooms have plenty of character with floor-to-ceiling windows, natural wood floors, lush carpets, plush upholstery, with larger suites sporting generous pantry space for extended stays. Has an exemplary 24 hr bespoke butler service authorized to streamline check-in procedures; they are also available through an e-butler application. Hotel conducts a wine sabering ritual in its bar every evening and an Aficionado program that offers guests special experiences. Erawan Shrine, Amarin Plaza, Central Embassy Shopping Mall, Central World, Siam Paragon are all within walking distance.
- Notes on St. Regis
- Opened in April 2011, 227 rooms total – 176 rooms, 51 suites, Royal Suite (250 sq m) and a Penthouse (800 sq m).
- Stylish medium sized entrance with a concierge, with lots of gleaming white marble, high ceilings, immense Thai lamp type sculptures and comfortable colourful velvet sofas. The St Regis motif is used liberally in the décor – on furnishings, carpets and embossed on the elevators, doubling even as the elevator up and down signs.
- Impressive bespoke butler service – Personal butlers offer 24 hr personalized service. Butlers greet you on arrival and streamline the check-in process. Guests can hand over their passports to the butler for check-in as they are directly escorted to their room. Butlers pack and unpack luggage, pack with the destination in mind, attend to personal travel needs and arrange social itineraries. Guests can also interact with them through an e-butler service and make preferences known over chat. Guests can have training sessions from the butlers on packing.
- Lobby is on the first floor and partially hidden by pillars for more seclusion and greater privacy. Restaurant features art for sale. Artwork for sale is also displayed at the penthouse.
- Rooms have are large, airy and bright with sumptuous marble bathrooms, impressive kitchenettes, wood panel cupboards, open plan bathrooms with big tubs, warm wood panelling, beautifully crafted Thai furnishings, ipod/phone docking stations, sliding touch lighting fixtures.
- Popular suites are the Grand Deluxe, Legacy and John Jacob suites (lots of Thai handicraft touches). Caroline Aster rooms are more feminine are quite popular for bedrooms that face the golf course and bathrooms with corner views.
- Caroline Aster rooms are recommended for families. They have the option to connect to the Grand Deluxe rooms for more space. Grand Deluxe rooms are recommended for singles or couples.
- Hotel engages in a Champagne Ritual – Every evening, a butler opens a bottle of champagne at The St. Regis Bar. (Carries on the traditional art of sabering).
- Royal suite – Has lamps that almost reach the ceiling and immense kitchen with a full utensil set. Connects to grand deluxe room. Has tubs that overlook the golf course and a steam room.
- The drawing room has an amazing view of the golf course with a variety of special teas on offer such as the 1837 black tea, silver moon tea, red tea and chocolate tea. The afternoon tea set is quite popular.
- Long stay guests get special rates for meals, laundry, transport and other services.
- Has an Aficionado program that offers guests a wide range of tailored experiences, such as a room with dinner by a Michelin chef, how to do wine sabering etc. Guests can choose to have suits tailored and shipped to them.
- Offers 6 dining options and 2 bars and a wine bar – Has all day dining, international, Italian, Japanese and gourmet bites. Sunday brunch on the last Sunday of the month is highly recommended as the entire 12th floor becomes a serving area. Wine bar has an extensive cellar from the world’s most celebrated vineyards with two private rooms for exclusive tastings or wine dinners.
- St Regis bar – Signature drink ‘Siam Mary’ which is also the welcome drink. (Also popular as an after hangover drink).
- Amazing huge spa area – Has beautiful hanging sit out pod-like enclosures for relaxation and a refreshing pebbled water walkway for foot massages. Has lights that change color and ipod stations in the shower for guests to listen to music as they bathe.
- Decent sized salt water swimming pool – Pool has a starry sky effect and the pool bar nearby offers healthy energy drinks.
- 24 hr gym – Has advanced equipment like a digital fitness device, which can adjust the weights that guests lift digitally. Has yoga classes and private training classes.
- Activities – Has a private kitchen for cooking classes. Also offers a one-week weight loss program. Can teach how to play polo, golf at the nearby golf course. Also does a photo hunt around Bangkok.
- Guests are 50% business, 50% leisure.
- Competition – Mandarin Oriental, Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental, Siam Kempinski.
23. The Siam – Best Antique & Themed Pool Villas
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 206 6999)
Phenomenal, antique-infused, riverside boutique hotel with 39 (80 sq m to 160 sq m) themed rooms in a sprawling 3 acre lush property, set in Bangkok’s Royal Dusit district. Offers 10 stunning, themed pool villas (Chinese, Art Deco and Thai Colonial) with rooftop terraces and themed suites reflective of different aspects of Thai culture (scriptures, maps, shop house signs etc.). Exquisitely designed with inner courtyards, wide marble corridors, antique galleries and landscaped gardens. Rooms have an exotic charm with high ceilings, lamps hanging from cloth ropes, huge tubs and dark teakwood. The substantial collection of priceless art, antiques and curios, offers plenty of options for exploration and discovery. Has historic Thai teakwood houses (by Jim Thompson) that have been transformed into a restaurant, a special Thai villa. Hotel has its own Muai Thai boxing ring, hammam-inspired bath house and a popular tattoo parlor which offers sacred temple tattoos. Has a butler for every guest and private cruises on a teakwood barge. Located close to Dusit Zoo and the Vimanmek Teak Palace. The central pier/BTS Saphan Taksin is 30 minutes away by boat.
- Notes on The Siam
- Opened in 2012.
- Has 39 rooms and suites, 16 Siam Suites (80 sq m), 6 Mae Nam Suites (90 sq m), x`6 Riverview Suites (100 sq m), 6 Pool Villa Courtyard (130 sq m), 4 Pool Villa Riverview (130 sq m), 1 Connie’s Cottage (160 sq m). Includes 10 exquisite pool villas and a historical Thai villa called Connie’s cottage.
- Hotel has the aura of living museum with stunning antiques and curios used throughout the hotel such as traditional Chinese opium daybeds, Burmese weathered wood columns, Tang Dynasty figurines, Neolithic Thai pottery in the library, Siamese maps and vintage photos. Very open expansive vibe with many inner courtyards, galleries and arcades.
- Lobby has a beautiful decorative fountain and an outer courtyard. Décor features old wooden doors, chandeliers, vintage photos, hanging ferns. Understated color scheme with plenty of whites, blacks and greys; lots of steel, wood, stone and glass used throughout the décor. All rooms are outfitted with plush furnishings, super-sized king beds and lofty ceilings. Suites are catered for by a personal butler.
- Very secluded, serene and private atmosphere.
- The main residence has 28 unique themed suites reflective of Thai culture such as Thai boxing, archaeology, shop house signs, Thai beauty queens, cinema, scriptures, maps, letters, monks etc.
- Mae Naem Suites – Have themes like Thai diplomats, temples, architecture, tribes & country life, nautical elements and more.
- River view suites – Feature contemporary art, theater/music, kings and queens, railways, literature, tapestries etc. themes.
- Pool Villas – Superbly designed on themes like Chinese, Art Deco and Thai Colonial. Have luxurious plunge pools and Jacuzzis. An iron staircase leads to private terrace and river views. Villas contain unique artwork.
- 3 dining options and a bar – Thai, Deco Bar & Bistro (home-style meals and live music), all day patisserie.
- Thai restaurant and cooking school – Occupies a cluster of three century-old Thai teakwood houses sourced by Jim Thompson (entertained the likes of Jackie Kennedy, John Rockefeller, Roger Moore, William Holden and Henry Ford). The fourth Thai teakwood house has been transformed into a Thai villa called Connie’s cottage. All four structures were transported from their original location in Ayutthaya by barge and rebuilt. (Recommended dishes: NUA SAN SEE KLONG TOON – 08 Hours Slow-Cooked Australian Beef Short Rib served with Grilled Pineapple & Tamarind Sauce. GAI YANG – Char-Grilled Chicken, Ginger, Garlic, Lemongrass, Crispy Shallot, Chili, Spring Onion & Tamarind Sauce. YUM TAKRAI HOISHELL – Spicy Seared Hokkaido Scallop, Lemongrass Salad, Shallot, Fresh Chili & Mint Leaves).
- Spacious period-style library – Houses a private collection of rare, first edition hardback books on Siam and Asia dating back over a century and displays Neolithic pottery. Library contains a private screening room with antique folding wood & red velvet 1930s French cinema seats.
- Gym – Fully equipped gym with floor to ceiling mirrors and windows overlooking a peaceful, monastery. Has a cool Muai Thai boxing ring. Lovely touches in the décor such as Art Deco gymnasium doors, vintage sports posters, old wooden dumbbells and antique leather punching bags.
- Riverside infinity pool – 22 m saltwater swimming pool with sun lounge located right before the river with awesome river views.
- Curio – Quaint little store that contains curio’s from the owner’s private warehouse.
- Yoga and Tai chi classes on the outdoor terrace or the pier.
- Muai Thai lessons – Offers training programs suitable for beginners to advanced, and from one day to one week training courses, with experienced Muai Thai trainers.
- Spa – Has a glorious Hammam-inspired Bath House with dry and steam saunas, steam showers and Jacuzzis. Offers a kids’ and teen’s spa treatment menu. Has a Hair & Nail Salon.
- Ancient Thai Tattoo parlor – Hotel offers Sak Yant tattoo done by hand using traditional methods. (Yant is a traditional form of tattooing ancient geometric and deity symbols with Buddhist prayers onto the body that supposedly impart magical powers for luck, protection, charisma, fortune and other powers onto the wearer).
- Guests are 90% leisure. Hotel sees around 20% repeat guests.
- Signature excursion cruise – The Golden Naga is the hotel’s own historical golden teak rice barge and is available for private barge tours.
- Location – Close to Vimanmek Teak Palace, Royal Elephant Museum and Dusit zoo, 30 minutes by boat to Central Pier/BTS Saphan Taksin.
24. Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit – Best City Center Location
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 649 8888)
Grand hotel with 420 rooms (40 sq m to 77 sq m) located in Asok, with a direct connection to the Skytrain and steps from the subway. With rich woods, teakwood chairs, elegant Thai silks, decorative pillows and plush carpeting, rooms offer a blend of Asian elements with classic design, with lovely city views or Ratchada lake views. Theme suites offer top-notch luxury with carved furniture, Jacuzzi bathtubs with televisions, patios and outdoor private Jacuzzis. Has a special luggage liaison service that offers door to door luggage delivery to any destination, eliminating the need for guests to carry luggage and check them in at airports. Offers a unique ‘dine in the dark experience,’ where guests sample food in total darkness, served by visually impaired guides. Spectacular location at Asok, with easy access to attractions along the BTS And MRT lines. Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, EmQuartier and Emporium Shopping mall, Dinosaur Planet and two parks are all within walking distance.
- Notes on Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel
- Opened in 1996.
- Has 420 rooms in total. 112 Grande Rooms (40-45 sq m), 126 Premier Rooms (45 sq m), 139 Luxury Rooms (45 sq m), 7 Grande Suites (70 sq m), 30 Luxury suites (70 sq m), 6 Theme Suites (77-248 sq m), Presidential & Governor suite (117 sq m), Royal Suite (248 sq m).
- Spacious lobby in warm colors and gold highlights. Possible to walk directly into the lobby from the Asok BTS skywalk. Rooms are served with daily fresh fruit.
- Premier rooms have outstanding views of Lake Ratchada or the Bangkok skyline, with marble-floored bathrooms, a generous vanity area, and a large walk-in shower.
- Luxury suites – Have top-notch lake or city views. Plenty of greenery – fresh orchids and tall potted palms. Has exotic wood armoires and a 24 hr butler service.
- Grande Rooms – Have powder rooms and luxurious bathrooms with wall-to-floor-marble.
- Business Center – Offers faxing, scanning, copying, printing, translation and secretarial services.
- 6 award-winning restaurants and bars – Has a jazz lounge with live jazz. Serves Thai, Italian and International cuisine.
- Dine in the dark experience – Offers a unique dine in the dark experience where guests are led by visually impaired guides through a curtained area to a private dining room in total darkness where they can sample a surprise menu.
- The Sala – Poolside restaurant, serves Asian and Western food as well as barbecue under the stars at night.
- Signature drinks – The Last Cocktail (Gin, Lemon Juice, Rosemary-pear puree and on top with Prosecco (Signature cocktail of The Luxury Collection Brand)). Vada Gimlet (Gin, Thai chili lemongrass infusion gin, lime juice, Thai basil, Thai Chili (Signature cocktail of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit)), Buena Vita (Tanqueray Gin, grapefruit, Campari, orange peel. (Signature cocktail of Rossini’s restaurant)).
- 24 hr Gym – Smallish gym. Offers complimentary physical assessment and over 30 complimentary classes a week.
- Spa – Has 10 treatment rooms with two treatment rooms dedicated to hydrotherapy (jet tubs and seaweed or milk baths).
- Free-form outdoor pool – Lovely pool with and adjoining Jacuzzi, amidst landscaped greenery. Deep royal blue tiles gives the pool a striking appearance.
- Activities – Thai cooking classes, Offers a complimentary Destination discovery service, where the concierge team takes guests to explore Bangkok in 30-60 minutes. Arranges a visit to the Ban Kamthieng Museum every last Saturday of the month.
- Luggage liaison service – Unique service that does door to door luggage delivery. Ensures that luggage will await guests at their arrival at any destination (eliminates the need for guests to carry luggage to the airport or check them in). Includes luggage storage and unpacking/packing services upon request.
- Competition: Sofitel, Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental and Conrad.
- Unbeatable location – Right in central Asok. Guests have quick access to many of Bangkok’s attractions via both the Skytrain (direct connection) and subway stations. (BTS Asok and MRT Asok). Attractions within walking distance include Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, EmQuartier and Emporium Shopping mall, Queen Sirikit Convention Center, Dinosaur Planet and 2 parks.
25. Oriental Residence – Best Long Stay Hotel
(Hotel Phone: +66 2 125 9000)
Sophisticated boutique hotel in a sleek skyscraper with 145 serviced residences (45 sqm to 188 sqm) that are bright, airy and ideal for long stays. Has an aura of understated luxury with pastel-toned, apartment-style rooms and suites with well-equipped kitchenettes and generous bathrooms. Flanked by embassies, the hotel offers up a distinctive line up of signature drinks that are Ambassador favorites. Centrally located within walking distance of BTS Ploenchit and attractions in the Ratchaprasong area.
- Notes on Oriental Residence
- Opened in January 2012, 32-storey building.
- 145 serviced residences (ranging 45 sqm to 188 sqm), Grand Deluxe suites (41), one-bedroom suites (70), two-bedroom suites (30) and three-bedroom suites (4). All residences feature polished hardwood floors and kitchenettes. Ask for corner suites or city view suites with balconies.
- Quiet and medium size lobby with high ceilings, white floors and walls and light toned furniture everywhere, expands the sense of space. Photos of old Bangkok grace the walls. Has 2 concierge stations.
- Hotel has narrow but bright corridors with lots of natural light. Rooms have pastel tones and quaint touches such as vintage luggage boxes being used as TV stands. Designed like a luxurious apartment. Rooms have floor to ceiling views, fully equipped kitchenette; some rooms come with balconies and other come with washing machines. Bathrooms are big with French bathtubs and hardwood floors. Bathtubs have little steel stations to put an ipad or books to read while bathing. Aura of understated luxury and tranquil atmosphere. Rooms have both city views and park views.
- 1 Café-restaurant with a Parisian feel that serves Thai and Western cuisine.
- 1 Gatsby style small bar – Offers unique signature drinks menu, inspired by the favorite cocktails of visiting ambassadors of various embassies. (Embassy Classic drink is prepared using flames to give it a special aroma).
- Beautiful open-air lounge on the fourth floor, with plenty of cabanas and loungers.
- Has a small gym with personal trainers, coaching courses.
- Lovely 20-metre mosaic swimming pool with nature views.
- Family Friendly – Has kids menu at the café and tailored welcome gifts for children.
- Hotel is very quiet at full occupancy.
- Equal mix of business and leisure.
- Close to central embassy Shopping Mall, Erawan Shrine, Central World.
- No activities for guests or special tech features.
- Competition – St Regis, Okura prestige, Conrad, Plaza Athnee.