Bangkok Hotels for Families – Tips & Recommendations
- The best time to visit Bangkok is from late November to early March – which are the coolest, driest, and least humid months of the year.
- The best luxury hotel for families in Bangkok is the Anantara Riverside Spa & Resort. The Anantara Siam Bangkok is a little less kid-friendly but has a much more central location.
- The best budget hotel for families in Bangkok is the Ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai (large pool and family rooms) near Khao San Road.
- The best playground in Bangkok is at Lumpini Park – walking distance from the Holiday Inn Bangkok and the Anantara Siam Bangkok.
- The best areas of Bangkok to stay for families are the Riverside (quieter, more luxurious hotels), Khao San (touristy, fun, best place to shop for cheap western clothes), and Siam Square (central location, big malls).
- The best apartment rental in Bangkok (with full kitchen and a great pool) for medium or long-term stays is the Chatrium Sathon.
The 9 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Bangkok
1. Anantara Riverside Resort – Riverside
Hotel phone: +66 2 476 0022
This is the best kid-friendly hotel in Bangkok. It has large rooms, several restaurants, and a quiet location. The pool is huge (one of the best in Bangkok) and sits amid beautiful green grounds. The hotel is located across the river from central Bangkok but remains a short taxi or free shuttle boat ride from the action. It feels more like a resort and is great if you need a break from the chaos of the city. The air here is also noticeably cleaner making this a good choice if someone in the family suffers from allergies. (My son does and within a few hours of moving from a Sukhumvit hotel to the Anantara he was breathing more easily.) The kids club is great and has some fun activities (including Thai boxing).
2. Holiday Inn Bangkok – Siam Square
Hotel phone: +66 2 217 7555
Large family suites have separate rooms and bunk beds for kids. Wonderful location steps from the Skytrain, Central World, and many malls. Thailand’s largest aquarium (in Siam Paragon mall) is within a short walk on a covered footbridge. The hotel has a great swimming pool, free wifi, and free breakfast. This is one of the best value hotels in Bangkok.
3. Anantara Siam Bangkok – Siam Square
Hotel phone: +66 2 126 8866
Large luxurious rooms, huge beautiful pool, great restaurants with a family-friendly vibe. Convenient location in the center of the city, close to several shopping malls, and steps from a Skytrain station. The Sunday brunch is one of the best in Bangkok. (This is formerly the Four Seasons Hotel).
4. Amari Watergate Bangkok – Pratunam
Hotel phone: +66 2 653 9000
Good sized rooms and a great location if you want to shop at the Pratunam market or the Platinum Fashion Mall (for cheap clothes). Beautiful pool on the 8th floor offers wonderful views of central Bangkok.
5. Chatrium Hotel Riverside – Sathorn
Hotel phone: +66 2 672 0200
The best hotel for short-term rental in Bangkok. It’s both a hotel (rent by the night) and an apartment (rent by the month). It has fully furnished 1 and 2 bedroom suites with large fully equipped kitchens. The pool is huge and very kid-friendly. Lots of families stay here so kids are likely to find playmates easily. It’s located in a quiet neighborhood but still a short taxi ride to a Skytrain station.
6. Ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai – Khao San Road
Hotel phone: +66 2 280 5434
The nicest pool of any budget hotel in Bangkok – with a very nice kids pool. Rooms are clean and simply decorated. The triple rooms are great for most families. The family suite (there’s only one) is huge and has 4 full beds.
7. Dang Derm Hotel – Khao San
Hotel phone: +66 2 629 2040
Central location off Khao San Road with large family rooms and a nice rooftop pool. Thai style hotel with mattresses on the floor.
8. Shama Lakeview Asoke – Sukhumvit Road
Hotel phone: +66 2 663 1234
Apartment-style suites are huge (2 and 3 bedrooms available). Indoor and outdoor pool, full kitchen, washer and dryer, children’s playroom, free wi-fi. Location is a small drawback. Nice neighborhood but not a lot of attractions nearby. Free shuttle bus takes you to Asok Skytrain station and subway.
9. Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi – Airport
Hotel phone: +66 2 131 1111
Great hotel if you need to stay near the airport (the terminal is a short indoor walk or free shuttle bus away). Nice rooms, beautiful pool, good restaurants.
More Bangkok Hotels for Families
- Taraplace Hotel
Great budget hotel. Family rooms have 1 queen and 2 twin beds. Free wifi.
- Siam Kempinski Hotel
Luxurious 2 bedroom suites feature a living room, fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and dryer, and 3 flat-screen TVs. Great location for shopping.
- Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong
3 bedroom suites are huge and have 3 king beds and a sitting area.
Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Best Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Budget Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Airport Hotels in Bangkok
- Best Hotels with Pools in Bangkok
- Best Family Apartment Rentals in Bangkok
- Where to Stay in Bangkok
- Best Things to Do in Bangkok
- Bangkok with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Bangkok
- Bangkok Airport Transportation
- Best Tours in Bangkok
- Best Day Trips in Bangkok
- Best Markets in Bangkok
- Best Shopping Malls in Bangkok
- Bangkok to Koh Samui
- What is the best luxury hotel in Bangkok?