• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
See Also: The Best Bangkok Hotels
Bangkok Hotels for Families – Tips and Recommendations
- The best time to visit Bangkok is from late November to early March – which are the coolest, driest, and least humid months of the year.
- The best luxury hotel for families in Bangkok is the Anantara Riverside Spa & Resort. The Anantara Siam Bangkok is a little less kid-friendly but has a much more central location.
- The best budget hotel for families in Bangkok is the Viengtai Hotel (large pool and family rooms) near Khao San Road.
- The best playground in Bangkok is at Lumpini Park – walking distance from the Holiday Inn Bangkok and the Anantara Siam Bangkok.
- The best areas of Bangkok to stay for families are the Riverside (quieter, more luxurious hotels), Khao San (touristy, fun, best place to shop for cheap western clothes), and Siam Square (central location, big malls).
- The best apartment rental in Bangkok (with full kitchen and a great pool) for medium or long-term stays is the Chatrium Sathon.
The 10 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Bangkok
Anantara Riverside Spa & Resort – Riverside
This is the best kid-friendly hotel in Bangkok. It has large rooms, several restaurants, and a quiet location. The pool is huge, one of the best in Bangkok, and sits amid beautiful green grounds. The hotel is located across the river from central Bangkok but remains a short taxi or free shuttle boat ride from the action. It feels more like a resort and is great if you need a break from the chaos of the city. The air here is also noticeably cleaner making this a good choice if someone in the family suffers from allergies. (My son does and within a few hours of moving from a Sukhumvit hotel to the Anantara he was breathing more easily.) The kids club is great and has some fun activities (including Thai boxing). Phone: +66 2 476 0022
Holiday Inn Bangkok – Siam Square
Large family suites have separate rooms and bunk beds for kids. Wonderful location steps from the Skytrain, Central World, and many malls. Thailand’s largest aquarium (in Siam Paragon mall) is within a short walk on a covered footbridge. The hotel has a great swimming pool, free wifi, and free breakfast. This is one of the best value hotels in Bangkok. Phone: +66 2 217 7555
Anantara Siam Bangkok – Siam Square
Large luxurious rooms, huge beautiful pool, great restaurants with a family-friendly vibe. Convenient location in the center of the city, close to several shopping malls, and steps from a Skytrain station. The Sunday brunch is one of the best in Bangkok. (This is formerly the Four Seasons Hotel). Phone: +66 2 126 8866
Swissotel Nai Lert Park Hotel – Sukhumvit
An oasis in the heart of the city. Great pool area and breakfast buffet. Good sized rooms and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. Located halfway between the malls of Siam Square and restaurants and street life of Sukhumvit. Easy access to the canal ferries. Phone: +66 2 253 0123
Amari Watergate Bangkok – Pratunam
Good sized rooms and a great location if you want to shop at the Pratunam market or the Platinum Fashion Mall (for cheap clothes). Beautiful pool on the 8th floor offers wonderful views of central Bangkok. Phone: +66 2 653 9000
Chatrium Residence – Sathorn
The best hotel for a short-term rental in Bangkok. It’s both a hotel (rent by the night) and an apartment (rent by the month). It has fully furnished 1 and 2 bedroom suites with large fully equipped kitchens. The pool is huge and very kid-friendly. Lots of families stay here so kids are likely to find playmates easily. It’s located in a quiet neighborhood but still a short taxi ride to a Skytrain station. Phone: +66 2 672 0200
Ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai – Khao San Road
The nicest pool of any budget hotel in Bangkok – with a very nice kids pool. Rooms are clean and simply decorated. The triple rooms are great for most families. The family suite (there’s only one) is huge and has 4 full beds. Phone: +66 2 280 5434
Dang Derm Hotel – Khao San
Central location off Khao San Road with large family rooms and a nice rooftop pool. Thai style hotel with mattresses on the floor. Phone: +66 2 629 2040
Somerset Lake Point – Sukhumvit Road
Apartment-style suites are huge (2 and 3 bedrooms available). Indoor and outdoor pool, full kitchen, washer and dryer, children’s playroom, free wi-fi. Location is a small drawback. Nice neighborhood but not a lot of attractions nearby. Free shuttle bus takes you to Asok Skytrain station and subway. Phone: +66 2 663 1234
Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi – Airport
More Bangkok Hotels for Families
- Anantara Bangkok Sathorn
2 bedroom suite with one king bed and 2 twin beds. Kitchenette and dining area.
- Tara Place
Great budget hotel. Family rooms have 1 queen and 2 twin beds. Free wifi.
2 bedroom suites have 2 twin and 1 king bed. Welcome kit includes prepaid BTS Skytrain card, a SIM card, iPod Nano and good map
- Kempinski Residences Siam
Luxurious 2 bedroom suites feature a living room, fully equipped kitchen, washing machine and dryer, and 3 flat-screen TVs. Great location for shopping.
- Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong
3 bedroom suites are huge and have 3 king beds and a sitting area.