Amazing musuem. Vermeer, Rembrandt, and an overview of Amsterdam’s impressive history. Both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh are world-class but if you can only make it to one, then go to the Rijksmuseum. The above tour is very good. The Rijksmuseum Private Tour is great.
Another wonderful museum just steps from the Rijksmuseum. And once again, the skip-the-line tour is good. The Van Gogh Private Guided Tour is great.
Bike tours are a wonderful way to see the city’s top attractions and this is a great tour of central Amsterdam’s highlights. If you want to bike to a few surrounding towns then do the Countryside Bike Tour (4 hours) or the Windmills, Cheese & Clogs Bike Tour (3 hours).
Romantic tour of the Amsterdam canals while served a pretty tasty dinner (much better than you’d expect). There are meat, fish, and vegetarian options. For lighter fare do the Dutch Cheese & Wine Cruise or the Classic Canal Cruise (just tea and coffee).
This one doesn’t pretend to be romantic, chic, or trendy. It’s just plain fun – and the best family-friendly canal tour in Amsterdam.
These are three picturesque charming towns just north of Amsterdam. The tour includes a cheese tasting, windmill visit, short boat trip, and lunch. (It’s also easy to rent a bike and get here on your own if that sounds more appealing than a coach.)
The Jordaan is the hippest trendiest neighborhood in the city and this is the best food tour in Amsterdam. Our whole family loved this tour (kids were 11 and 14 at the time).
Fantastic private tour around the most consequential sights from Amsterdam’s World War II history. Highly recommended.
More Great Amsterdam Tours
From June to September tours get booked months in advance and usually sell out. The following are also good quality tours if you need extra options.
- Personalized Private Amsterdam Tour
- Van Gogh Museum & Rijksmuseum Skip-the-Line Tour – Combo tour of Amsterdam’s two best museums.
- Day Trip to Giethoorn by Bus and Boat
- Villages & Windmills Zaanse Schans Small Group Tour
- Dutch Countryside: Private Full-Day Tour by Luxury Car – similar to above tour but private instead of small group
- Amsterdam Beer Walking Tour
- Amsterdam Coffee Shops 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Day-Trip to Rotterdam, Delft, & The Hague with Cruise
- Day-Trip to Bruges from Amsterdam
- Day-Trip to Brussels from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: 4-Hour Transit Tour for Groups – Pick up and drop off at Schiphol International Airport