• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
See Also: Best Amsterdam Hotels
Amsterdam Hotels for Families – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – the best website for hotel deals in Amsterdam.
- My favorite neighborhood in Amsterdam is the Jordaan but anything within the Singelgracht canal – which roughly marks central Amsterdam from outer Amsterdam – is convenient and family-friendly.
- Best Luxury Amsterdam Hotel for Families: Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Best Cheap Amsterdam Hotel for Families: Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark
- For most families the Linden Hotel (great location, good rates, friendly staff, lots of nearby restaurants) in the Jordaan is probably the best choice.
- The NEMO Science Center is one of the best kids/science museums we’ve ever been to. Highly recommended.
- The I Amsterdam City Pass is excellent value (especially the 72 hour version). And there are many excellent Amsterdam tours for families.
- Vondelpark is the best park in Amsterdam for kids. There’s a good playground and lots of space to run and wander. It’s walking distance or a short tram ride from most hotels in central Amsterdam.
- Renting bikes to get around the city is lots of fun. MacBike has a large selection and many locations. Bike City is my favorite and good if you don’t want “tourist bikes” with advertising painted all over them.
- Great Night Out: Get pizza from De Pizzabakkers and beer from Cafe Brandon next door. Sit on the canal with the locals and eat and drink into the evening. Super fun.
- Highly Recommended: Do an overnight bike trip to Edam then take the ferry from Volendam and return through Marken. It’s a perfect length for a family with kids 8 or older. The Hotel & Restaurant De Fortuna, beautifully situated on an Edam canal is close to idyllic. Rent bikes from Bike City in Amsterdam.
The 10 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Amsterdam
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
Pulitzer Amsterdam – Luxury
Linden Hotel – Moderate
Hotel CC – Moderate
NH Amsterdam City Centre – Moderate
Max Brown Hotel Amsterdam – Moderate
XO Hotels Park West – Moderate
XO Hotels City Centre – Budget
Avenue Hotel – Budget
More Hotels for Families
Amsterdam hotels with large quadruple or family rooms.
- WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
Quadruples rooms have 4 single beds and hotel has an outdoor swimming pool (open in summer).
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
- The Times Hotel Amsterdam
Quadruple room with 4 single beds and canal view.
- Catalonia Vondel
Large loft rooms with living area sleep family of 4.
Family Apartments in Amsterdam
Apartment rentals for families in Amsterdam. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and free-wifi.
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Tours
- Amsterdam Airport Hotels
- When To Visit Amsterdam
- Europe with Kids
- Paris Hotels for Families
- Rome Hotels for Families
- Florence Hotels for Families
- Milan Hotels for Families
- Venice Hotels for Families
- London Hotels for Families
- Berlin Hotels for Families
- Prague Hotels for Families
- Switzerland Hotels for Families