• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
Amsterdam Hotels for Families – Where To Stay
- Booking.com – the best website for hotel deals in Amsterdam.
- My favorite neighborhood in Amsterdam is the Jordaan but anything within the Singelgracht canal – which roughly marks central Amsterdam from outer Amsterdam – is convenient and family-friendly.
- Best Luxury Amsterdam Hotel for Families: Pulitzer Amsterdam
- Best Cheap Amsterdam Hotel for Families: Hotel CC
- For most families the Linden Hotel (great location, good rates, friendly staff, lots of nearby restaurants) in the Jordaan is probably the best choice.
- The NEMO Science Center is one of the best kids/science museums we’ve ever been to. Highly recommended.
- The I Amsterdam City Pass is excellent value (especially the 72 hour version). And there are many excellent Amsterdam tours for families.
- Vondelpark is the best park in Amsterdam for kids. There’s a good playground and lots of space to run and wander. It’s walking distance or a short tram ride from most hotels in central Amsterdam.
- Renting bikes to get around the city is lots of fun. MacBike has a large selection and many locations. Bike City is my favorite and good if you don’t want “tourist bikes” with advertising painted all over them.
- Great Night Out: Get pizza from De Pizzabakkers and beer from Cafe Brandon next door. Sit on the canal with the locals and eat and drink into the evening. Super fun.
- Highly Recommended: Do an overnight bike trip to Edam then take the ferry from Volendam and return through Marken. It’s a perfect length for a family with kids 8 or older. The Hotel & Restaurant De Fortuna, beautifully situated on an Edam canal is close to idyllic. Rent bikes from Bike City in Amsterdam.
The 9 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Amsterdam
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
1. Pulitzer Amsterdam – Luxury
2. Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht – Luxury
Hotel phone: +31 20 523 1234
Whimsical, luxury hotel with a wellness center, creative Dutch restaurant and bar, and lovely setting on Prinsengracht Canal. Rooms and suites are filled with fanciful artwork, some with private terraces and garden or canal views; suites add a separate living area. Family-friendly perks include a 50% discount on second rooms for children under 12, a kids’ minibar, babysitting service, free bicycles, and free 90-minute bike tours on Sundays. Fantastic location just outside the Nine Streets shopping district, near the trendy Jordaan neighborhood, and the city center.
3. Conservatorium Hotel – Luxury
+31 20 570 0000
Heritage, luxury hotel boasting the city’s largest wellness center (includes a pool with dedicated hours for children) and fantastic local and Asian-fusion restaurants. The hotel offers family-friendly connecting rooms, 1 to 2-bedroom suites for 3 to 4 guests, and the largest Artists Residence Two-Bedroom Suite with 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette, sleeping up to 5. The Set Family Adventure package (summer only) adds kids’ amenities, late check out, daily breakfast, and tickets to NEMO Science Museum. Wonderful location near the Van Gogh Museum, Vondelpark, The Concertgebouw, the Rijksmuseum.
4. Linden Hotel – Moderate
Hotel phone: +31 20 622 1460
Charming hotel set in an 18th-century, flatiron building in the hip Jordaan district. The Lush Triple is a quirky loft space with angled walls, while the Velvet Family room is the largest and comfortably sleeps up to 4. Great walkable location near Noordermarkt, Anne Frank House, and local restaurants, including the famous apple pie of Winkel 43.
5. NH Amsterdam City Centre – Moderate
Hotel phone: +31 20 420 4545
4-star hotel on the Singel canal, offering triple and quadruple rooms plus connecting options for families. The hotel boasts a fitness center, complimentary late check out on Sundays, a lovely bistro, and the half-restaurant/half-museum Restaurant D’Vijff Vlieghen. Just a short walk to Dam Square, the New Church, and Anne Frank House.
6. WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam – Moderate
Hotel phone: +31 20 410 9670
Cheery, art-filled hotel with an outdoor swimming pool (open in summer) and a brasserie, serving international fare highlighting seasonal ingredients. Quad Deluxe Rooms have 4 single beds in 2 rooms separated by a door. Quiet location northeast of Westerpark, about 10-minutes by bus to the city center.
7. Max Brown Hotel Canal District – Moderate
Hotel phone: +31 20 522 2345
Cozy, quirky boutique hotel set in 3 historic canal houses with an honesty bar, great coffee, and super comfy beds. The Extra Large Canal View Loft sleeps a family of 4 in an open-plan room with a sofa bed. Wonderful locaiton in the Western Canal Ring near Centraal Staion and Noordermarkt.
8. XO Hotels Park West – Moderate
Hotel phone: +31 20 262 9260
Contemporary hotel a little off the main tourist track, sitting in a quiet neighborhood at the western tip of Westerpark. The Quadruple Room can be booked with 4 single beds or 2 singles and a double bed. A hearty, reasonably priced buffet breakfast is available daily. Located in quiet neighborhood but easy access by tram to central Amsterdam.
9. Hotel CC – Budget
Hotel phone: +31 20 527 0027
Affordable hotel in a historic canal house in the Medieval Center just steps from the Old Church and Centraal Station (note that it’s also across the canal from the Red Light District). Cozy triple and quad rooms accommodate families of 3 or 4, all with single beds. Breakfast is available but not included in the room rates.
More Hotels for Families
Amsterdam hotels with large quadruple or family rooms.
Family Apartments in Amsterdam
Apartment rentals for families in Amsterdam. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and free-wifi.
- Best Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Budget Hotels in Amsterdam
- Best Airport Hotels in Amsterdam
- Where to Stay in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotel Map
- Europe with Kids
- Paris Hotels for Families
- Rome Hotels for Families
- Florence Hotels for Families
- Milan Hotels for Families
- Venice Hotels for Families
- London Hotels for Families
- Berlin Hotels for Families
- Prague Hotels for Families
- Switzerland Hotels for Families