• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Milos Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com is the best website for booking hotels on Milos.
- Milos is a picturesque volcanic island with stunning beaches, charming villages, and rich history. Known as the Island of Colors, Milos is well-loved for its crystal blue water, colorful rock formations, and the syrmata, brightly painted shelters for fishing boats, as seen in the photo above.
- Most hotels in Milos are found inAdamas (where the ferry port is located) and Pollonia, both charming towns with seaside tavernas and wonderful nearby beaches. Both are great for walking, shopping, eating, and evening strolls. Adamas has a little more nightlife (but not much). Pollonia is a little more upscale, but nothing too chichi.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Milos: Melian Boutique Hotel and Spa • Milos Breeze Boutique Hotel
- Best Family-Friendly Hotels in Milos: Captain Zeppos Boutique Suites and House • Delmar Apartments and Suites
- Best Boutique Hotels in Milos: Eiriana Luxury Suites • Tania Milos • Nefeli Sunset Studios
- Best Budget Hotel in Milos: Hotel Eleni
- Plan on visiting the capitol Plaka at least once. This is the liveliest village with spectacular sunset views, authentic tavernas, and local shopping. In nearby Trypiti, there are the Catacombs of Milos; dating back to the 1st century A.D., they are among the oldest in the world. Trypiti is also where the Venus de Milo was discovered. Sailing through Kleftiko’s towering rock formations and natural caves is another must. This old pirate hideout offers several secret beaches and swimming spots only accessible by boat.
- The best restaurants on Millos are O! Hamos (Adamas), Methismeni Politeia (Tyrpiti), Medusa (Mandrakia), Archontoula (Pollonia), Armyra (Pollonia), and the bakery Kivotos Ton Gefseon (Pollonia).
- Most of Milos’ beaches are wild and unorganized with few or no restaurants, so plan to take your own beach gear. The best beaches on Milos are Sarakiniko (crazy landscape that looks like the moon with a tiny pebbly beach inside; unorganized, can be crowded), Pollonia Beach (sandy, unorganized, near great restaurants), Provatas Beach (lively, sandy, organized beach with sun beds and beach clubs), Paliochori (colorful cliffs and pebbles, red and yellow sand; organized beach with sun beds and tavernas), Firiplaka (sandy, partly organized, surrounded by colorful cliffs), Tsigrada (For the brave! Gorgeous small beach at the bottom of a cliff with crystal blue water accessible by rope and ladder).
The 16 Best Hotels in Milos
Melian Boutique Hotel and Spa – Pollonia
Romantic, luxury hotel on the sea with a plunge pool, indulgent spa, art gallery, and a private swimming dock. Rooms and suites all offer sunset sea view terraces with al fresco dining tables, many with private jacuzzis. Food and drinks are outstanding with a complimentary a la carte breakfast served to each room daily, a refined Greek-Mediterranean restaurant offering lunch and dinner, and a creative selection of classic and signature cocktails served on their sea-facing terrace. Excellent location on a quiet hillside within a 5-minute walk of Pollonia Beach, restaurants, and the village. Hotel phone: +30 22870 28200, Winter: +30 69345 36002.
Eiriana Luxury Suites – Trypiti, near Plaka
Upscale boutique hotel with a lovely pool, community garden, and 6 contemporary suites. Suites are spacious, ranging from 30 to 50 sqm, and include private terraces, some with outdoor jacuzzis. The Studio offers a kitchen and is the only suite that sleeps up to 4; the Junior and Honeymoon Suites include a complimentary minibar. An a la carte breakfast is included in most bookings, delivered daily to each suite, and poolside cocktails are available in the afternoon. Eiriana is located on a hilltop in Trypiti near the windmills and restaurants, just a 10-minute walk to charming Plaka village, and a 20-minute walk to the catacombs. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 22730
Tania Milos – Pollonia
Romantic, upscale hotel with 11 rooms and 1 suite with private terraces and views of the sunrise, sunset, or both. Deluxe rooms have private corner terraces, and the suite has a living room and 2 balconies (including a large corner terrace with sunbeds); both of these categories have cave-style showers. Located on the northern tip of the island, Tania offers access to a natural swimming hole with a sandy bottom protected by volcanic rock formations; free snorkel gear is available for exploring. Pollonia village with its restaurants and shops is only a 7-minute walk away. The real highlight of the hotel, though, is the warm, attentive service given from every member of staff in all the little details. Hotel Phone: + 30 22870 41062, (Winter) +30 210 6616719.
Captain Zeppos Boutique Suites and Home – Pollonia
Charming, tiny hotel on the sea with a heated, jetted plunge pool, a sun terrace, and a private dock. The hotel features 4 spacious suites for up to 6 and a huge villa for up to 11, all with sunrise sea views, private balconies, and pillow menus; the villa adds a private, outdoor jacuzzi. Guests are greeted with a welcome basket of breakfast items that is replenished daily, including homemade pies, cakes, and marmelades. Amenities include in room massage, babysitting, free bikes, and free kayaks. Great location with swimming right in front (rocky entrance, so use the private dock), a 2-minute walk to sandy Pollonia Beach, and surrounded by great restaurants. Hotel phone: + 30 69482 01088.
Milos Breeze Boutique Hotel – Pollonia
Luxury, clifftop boutique hotel with a wellness infinity pool (with magnesium salts), an organic garden, and spectacular sea views from each room and throughout the property. Rooms and suites all feature air purifiers, espresso machines, and private terraces; some add private plunge pools or private infinity pools. A complimentary, Greek breakfast buffet is provided daily, along with light fare until the afternoon, and bar drinks until midnight. Great location just steps from Milos’ best bakery Kivotos ton Gefseon, a 5-minute walk to restaurants, and an 8-minute walk to beaches and the heart of Pollonia village. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41085.
Nefeli Sunset Studios – Pollonia
Chic, casual seafront hotel with gorgeous studios and suites, all with fully equipped kitchenettes and spacious, sea view terraces. 2-bedroom Deluxe and Master Suites sleep 4 to 6 guests; the Master Suite boasts 3 terraces, 1 with an outdoor jacuzzi. The hotel sits on a pebbly section of beach with sunset views, just steps from a sandy beach with easier access to the water. A rich, a la carte breakfast and a welcome bottle of wine are included in the room rate; there is also a small wine bar onsite open throughout the day. Pollonia’s restaurants are just 5 to 10 minutes away on foot. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41466, (Winter: November to March) +30 21026 37140.
Olea Bay Hotel – Adamas
Contemporary, adults-only hotel with a saltwater pool, all-day pool bar, and an organic garden. Its 11 rooms and 1 suite offer front or side sea views, private terraces, and jetted showers. The property is wheelchair accessible with an elevator and roll-in showers in some rooms. A complimentary Greek breakfast buffet is served daily, featuring local ingredients (some grown onsite); the pool bar and room service offer light bites, snacks, and drinks all day. There is a tiny beach just across the street; the strip of sand is too narrow for sunbeds but it is swimmable. Great location in a quiet area on the edge of Adamas, within 10 minutes’ walk of several restaurants and about a 20-minute walk to the heart of the village. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 31003.
Delmar Apartments and Suites – Pollonia
Stylish, family-friendly property in the heart of Pollonia village just steps from the sea. Delmar offers a wide range of rooms, studios, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments, and a 2-bedroom villa sleeping up to 7. Each unit is unique, but all are well-appointed and include private terraces with garden or village views; all but 1 feature fully equipped kitchenettes. Excellent location a 1-minute walk from Pollonia Beach and surrounded by restaurants, shops, and near the bus stop. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41440
Miland Suites – Adamas
Set on a hill overlooking the bay, this top-notch, 9-suite hotel has spacious suites from 25 to 38 sqm, all with private terraces. Senior and Superior Suites offer sea views, while Junior Suites offer partial sea views. Amenities include a lovely outdoor pool with an attached jacuzzi, a kids’ pool, and a playground. An excellent complimentary breakfast is served fresh daily, highlighting local produce and homemade dishes; drinks and snacks are available throughout the day. Located in a quiet area near a small port, there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity; Papakinou Beach and dining in Adamas are about a 20-minute walk away. Hotel Phone: +30 69479 43468.
Santa Maria Village – Adamas
Family-owned resort overlooking the sea with a free-form pool, holistic spa, and an all-day cocktail and snack bar. Rooms and suites are spacious and include private terraces with pool, garden, or sea views, some with kitchenettes. The luxury wing, Santa Maria Luxury Suites and Spa, caters to couples with 6 elegant, romantic suites with the best views on the property. Breakfast is included in all bookings with a buffet served at the Village or delivered directly to rooms at the Luxury Suites. Wonderful location within a 10-minute walk to Adamas’ main square and a 10-minute walk to Papakinou Beach. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 21959.
Thalassitra Village Hotel – Adamas
Delightful family-friendly, pet-friendly hotel with spacious suites and houses, a small spa room, and 2 sailboats for private excursions and events. Suites and houses all include full kitchens and private terraces, some with loft bedrooms, and a few with private pools. A hearty, Greek breakfast is available any time of the day, highlighting organic, homegrown produce, local cheeses, and farm-fresh eggs make it well worth the price. While the hotel’s village-style layout and design makes it feel secluded, Thalassitra is only a 5-minute walk to the Adamas’ main square, an 8-minute walk to Lagada Beach, and a 9-minute walk to the port. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 23570
Villa Gallis – Pollonia
Set on a hillside overlooking both the village and sea, this charming boutique hotel features a pool with a sun terrace and views of the sea and Pollonia village. Villa Gallis offers comfortable double, triple and quadruple rooms with sea view balconies; triple and quadruple rooms have bunk beds. Rates include a wonderful breakfast spread with different items every day; local, Melian wine is included in some bookings. Quiet location just a 6-minute walk to Milos’ only winery, a 10-minute walk to the Polychronis Beach, and a 12-minute walk to the village. Hotel Phone: +30 69066 47835.
Excellent, family-friendly hotel with spacious suites and studios near the center of Adamas. All units feature furnishings custom-made by the owner, who is incredibly attentive to guests’ needs throughout their stays. Studios sleep up to 3, while suites sleep up to 6; all include full kitchens, private terraces, and Cycladic architecture and style. Perks include complimentary use of a tandem bike and beach gear. Fantastic location in a quiet neighborhood of Adamas a 5-minute walk to restaurants, a 7-minute walk to the port, and a 12-minute walk to Papakinou Beach. Hotel Phone: +30 69470 74806.
En Milo Studios and Suites – Pollonia
Contemporary, boutique hotel with a pool and small vineyard just steps from Pollonia Beach. Rooms, studios, and suites sleep up to 4 guests, all with private terraces and sea views. Suites and Studios include kitchenettes, and 1 Superior Room adds an outdoor, private jacuzzi. Breakfast is included in the room rates and is delivered hot and fresh to each room daily; room service is available throughout the day. A good choice for couples or families with older kids, as children under 4 are not allowed in the pool. Well-situated at Pollonia Beach, surrounded by restaurants and a 5-minute walk to the bus stop. Hotel phone: +30 69463 38675.
Kapetan Tasos Suites – Pollonia
Breezy, all-suite hotel with a covered pool and jacuzzi just a few meters from the beach. Tastefully decorated mini-suites, 1-bedroom suites and a 2-bedroom superior suite all feature contemporary Cycladic style, small yet fully-equipped kitchens, and private terraces (most with sea views). A complimentary, a la carte breakfast is served to each suite daily from a menu of decadent pastries, homemade savory dishes, and local ingredients. Wonderful walking location near Polychronis Beach and the best restaurants of Pollonia. Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41287.
Hotel Eleni – Adamas
Quaint, budget hotel offering super friendly, heartfelt service at Lagada Beach west of the Adamas port. Single and Double Rooms are cozy and clean, all with private terraces; 2 rooms are wheelchair accessible. Breakfast is a major highlight here, with fresh produce, homemade marmalade, and Melian specialties served directly to each room daily; light refreshments are available throughout the day. Great location just a 2-minute walk to the beach, a 5-minute walk to the port, and a 7-minute walk to the heart of the village. Hotel phone: +30 22870 21972.