Greece › Milos Hotels
by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 20, 2022
Our Favorite Hotels
• Pollonia Hotel: Milos Breeze
• Adamas Hotel: Santa Maria
• Plaka/Trypiti Hotel: Eiriana
• Klima Hotel: Vasealis & Seafis
• Kimolos Hotel: Elephant Beach
• 4-Star Hotel: Melian
• 3-Star Hotel: Nefeli Sunset
• Family Hotel: Captain Zeppos
• Cheap Hotel: Eleni
Milos Hotels – Tips & Recommendations
- Milos is a picturesque volcanic island with stunning beaches, charming villages, and rich history. Known as the Island of Colors, Milos is well-loved for its crystal blue water, colorful rock formations, and the syrmata, brightly painted shelters for fishing boats.
- Best Luxury Hotels in Milos: Milos Breeze Boutique Hotel • Melian Boutique Hotel and Spa • White Pebble Suites • Santa Maria Luxury Suites
- Best Family-Friendly Hotels in Milos: Captain Zeppos • Delmar Apartments and Suites • Melian Boutique Hotel • Unique Milos Suites • Vira Vivere Houses
- Best Boutique Hotels in Milos: Eiriana Luxury Suites • Skinopi Lodge • Tania Milos • Nefeli Sunset Studios • Unique Milos Suites
- Best Romantic/Honeymoon Hotels in Milos: Milos Breeze • Melian Boutique Hotel • Eiriana Luxury Suites • Skinopi Lodge • Elephant Beach House
- Best Beach Hotels in Milos: Elephant Beach House • Unique Milos Suites • White Pebble Suites • Bonatsa Beach House
- Best Midrange/Budget Hotels in Milos: Hotel Eleni • Villa Gallis • Portiani Hotel • Glarakia Studios • Niki Savvas
- Best Syrmata in Milos: Elephant Beach House • Thalassa Beach House • Vasealis & Seafis Sirma • Blue Sea House • The Colourful Land
- The best restaurants on Milos are O! Hamos! (Adamas), Methismeni Politia (Tyrpiti), Medusa (Mandrakia), Mavros Xoiros (Plaka), De Milos (Pollonia), and the bakery Kivotos Ton Gefseon (Pollonia).
- Most of Milos’ beaches are wild and unorganized with few or no restaurants, so plan to take your own beach gear. The best beaches on Milos are Sarakiniko (moonlike landscape with a tiny beach inside; unorganized, can be crowded), Pollonia Beach (sandy, unorganized, near great restaurants), Provatas Beach (lively, sandy, organized beach with sun beds and beach clubs), Paliochori (colorful cliffs and pebbles, red and yellow sand; organized beach with sun beds and tavernas), Firiplaka (sandy, partly organized, surrounded by colorful cliffs), Tsigrada (gorgeous small beach at the bottom of a cliff with crystal blue water accessible by rope and ladder).
- Sailing through Kleftiko’s towering rock formations, natural caves, and tunnels is another must. This old pirate hideout offers several secret beaches and swimming spots only accessible by boat.
- Best Towns on Milos: Most hotels in Milos are found in Adamas (small town where the ferry port is located) and Pollonia (more like a beach resort), both are charming towns with seaside tavernas and wonderful nearby beaches. Both are great for walking, shopping, eating, and evening strolls. Adamas has a little more nightlife (but not much). Pollonia is a little more upscale, but nothing too chichi. Across a narrow channel from Pollonia is Kimolos, a charming little island with dozens of sandy beaches and one traditional village, making for a perfectly serene getaway. Plan on visiting the capital, Plaka, at least once. This is the liveliest village with spectacular sunset views, authentic tavernas, and local shopping. In nearby Trypiti, there are the Catacombs of Milos; dating back to the 1st century A.D., they are among the oldest in the world. Trypiti is also where the Venus de Milo was discovered. On the coast below Plaka and Trypiti is the fishing village, Klima. This quiet wisp of a village is known for its brightly painted syrmata, the fishermen’s boathouses, many of which have been converted into lodgings.
The 23 Best Hotels in Milos
1. Milos Breeze Boutique Hotel – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41085
Luxury, clifftop boutique hotel with a wellness infinity pool (with magnesium salts), an organic garden, and spectacular sea views from each room and throughout the property. Rooms and suites all feature air purifiers, espresso machines, and private terraces; some add private plunge pools or private infinity pools. A complimentary, Greek breakfast buffet is provided daily, along with light fare until the afternoon, and bar drinks until midnight. Great location just steps from Milos’ best bakery Kivotos ton Gefseon, a 5-minute walk to restaurants, and an 8-minute walk to beaches and the heart of Pollonia village.
2. Melian Boutique Hotel and Spa – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 22870 28200, Winter: +30 69345 36002
Romantic, luxury hotel on the sea with a plunge pool, indulgent spa, art gallery, and a private swimming dock. Rooms and suites all offer sunset sea view terraces with al fresco dining tables, many with private jacuzzis. Food and drinks are outstanding with a complimentary a la carte breakfast served to each room daily, a refined Greek-Mediterranean restaurant offering lunch and dinner, and a creative selection of classic and signature cocktails served on their sea-facing terrace. Excellent location on a quiet hillside within a 5-minute walk of Pollonia Beach, restaurants, and the village.
3. Eiriana Luxury Suites – Trypiti, near Plaka
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 22730
Upscale boutique hotel with a lovely pool, community garden, and 6 contemporary suites. Suites are spacious, ranging from 30 to 50 sqm, and include private terraces, some with outdoor jacuzzis. The Studio offers a kitchen and is the only suite that sleeps up to 4; the Junior and Honeymoon Suites include a complimentary minibar. An a la carte breakfast is included in most bookings, delivered daily to each suite, and poolside cocktails are available in the afternoon. Eiriana is located on a hilltop in Trypiti near the windmills and restaurants, just a 10-minute walk to charming Plaka village, and a 20-minute walk to the catacombs.
4. White Pebble Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 22870 41040
Upscale, boutique, beachfront hotel with a pool and spa. All twelve rooms and suites include a private patio or terrace, eight of which add heated, jetted plunge pools. Rooms are designed for couples, while the open-plan Honeymoon Penthouse Suites can sleep a third guest on its sofabed. Special touches include Cocomat mattresses, pillow menus, and Clumsies cocktails. The sea view pool is served all day by the pool bar and kitchen, serving modern Greek cuisine with a twist until 11 p.m. (drinks until midnight); a la carte breakfast is complimentary. The full-service spa features a Vichy shower and hammam. Excellent location on a semi-private beach at the north end of Pollonia, about a 5-minute walk to the main beach, dining, and shops.
5. Tania Milos – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: + 30 22870 41062, Winter: +30 21066 16719
Romantic, upscale hotel with 11 rooms and 1 suite with private terraces and views of the sunrise, sunset, or both. Deluxe rooms have private corner terraces, and the suite has a living room and 2 balconies (including a large corner terrace with sunbeds); both of these categories have cave-style showers. Located on the northern tip of the island, Tania offers access to a natural swimming hole with a sandy bottom protected by volcanic rock formations; free snorkel gear is available for exploring. Pollonia village with its restaurants and shops is only a 7-minute walk away. The real highlight of the hotel, though, is the warm, attentive service given from every member of staff in all the little details.
6. Captain Zeppos – Pollonia
Hotel phone: + 30 69482 01088
Charming, tiny hotel on the sea with a heated, jetted plunge pool, a sun terrace, and a private dock. The hotel features 4 spacious suites for up to 6 and a huge villa for up to 11, all with sunrise sea views, private balconies, and pillow menus; the villa adds a private, outdoor jacuzzi. Guests are greeted with a welcome basket of breakfast items that are replenished daily, including homemade pies, cakes, and marmalades. Amenities include in-room massage, babysitting, free bikes, and free kayaks. Great location with swimming right in front (rocky entrance, so use the private dock), a 2-minute walk to sandy Pollonia Beach, and surrounded by great restaurants.
7. Skinopi Lodge – Skinopi
Hotel phone: +30 22870 22070
Remote, romantic villa retreat overlooking the sea. The villas’ design was inspired by the local syrma and feature floor-to-ceiling, retractable glass walls leading out to private terraces to create a breezy, indoor-outdoor living space. Each villa is designed for couples and features an extra-large king bed, an outdoor shower, and a fully equipped outdoor kitchen with an al fresco dining area. A breakfast basket is delivered each morning. A cliffside stairway leads down to the sea with a dramatic, rocky entrance and natural, sulphur springs. Perched above sleepy Skinopi village, there are no shops or restaurants here; renting a car is strongly recommended.
8. Unique Milos Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 69066 46855, +30 69066 46873
All-suite, boutique hotel on Pollonia Beach. Each of its three suites offers sea views from their beds and showers, plus mountain views from the back. All offer full kitchens with filtered water, espresso makers, private patios facing the sea, and private back yards with gardens and sitting areas. The Premium Suite adds a second bathroom. The hotel has a reserved, private space on the public beach with sunbeds and a shaded patio with dining tables. Breakfast baskets come with each room and are replenished daily with essentials. Excellent location in Pollonia, just steps from the beach, wonderful restaurants, and tavernas, and about a 5-minute walk to the port with ferries to Kimolos Island.
9. Elephant Beach House – Kimolos
Hotel phone: +30 22870 51677
Beautifully renovated syrma (fisherman’s cave-like boathouse) right on sandy Elephant Beach, named for the distinct, elephant-shaped rock formation on the water’s edge. This petite hideaway is ideal for couples, offering a queen-sized bed, ensuite bathroom with a shower, a second outdoor shower, plus two sunbeds and an umbrella on the beach. Charming location among a handful of syrmata still in use by local fishermen, giving guests a peek at local life. Rema and Karras Beaches sit on either side of the beach here. Kimolos’ only village, Chorio, and the port at Psathi are both about 1 km away with plenty of options for casual dining, sightseeing, and day trips to Milos.
10. Olea Bay Hotel – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 31003
Contemporary, adults-only hotel with a saltwater pool, all-day pool bar, and an organic garden. Its 11 rooms and 1 suite offer front or side sea views, private terraces, and jetted showers. The property is wheelchair accessible with an elevator and roll-in showers in some rooms. A complimentary Greek breakfast buffet is served daily, featuring local ingredients (some grown onsite); the pool bar and room service offer light bites, snacks, and drinks all day. There is a tiny beach just across the street; the strip of sand is too narrow for sunbeds but it is swimmable. Great location in a quiet area on the edge of Adamas, within a 10-minute walk of several restaurants and about a 20-minute walk to the heart of the village.
11. Nefeli Sunset Studios – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41466, Winter (November to March): +30 21026 37140
Chic, casual seafront hotel with gorgeous studios and suites, all with fully equipped kitchenettes and spacious, sea view terraces. 2-bedroom Deluxe and Master Suites sleep 4 to 6 guests; the Master Suite boasts 3 terraces, 1 with an outdoor jacuzzi. The hotel sits on a pebbly section of beach with sunset views, just steps from a sandy beach with easier access to the water. A rich, a la carte breakfast and a welcome bottle of wine are included in the room rate; there is also a small wine bar onsite open throughout the day. Pollonia’s restaurants are just 5 to 10 minutes away on foot.
12. Miland Suites – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 69479 43468
Set on a hill overlooking the bay, this top-notch, 9-suite hotel has spacious suites from 25 to 38 sqm, all with private terraces. Senior and Superior Suites offer sea views, while Junior Suites offer partial sea views. Amenities include a lovely outdoor pool with an attached jacuzzi, a kids’ pool, and a playground. An excellent complimentary breakfast is served fresh daily, highlighting local produce and homemade dishes; drinks and snacks are available throughout the day. Located in a quiet area near a small port, there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity; Papakinou Beach and dining in Adamas are about a 20-minute walk away.
13. Delmar Apartments and Suites – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41440
Stylish, family-friendly property in the heart of Pollonia village just steps from the sea. Delmar offers a wide range of rooms, studios, 1 and 2-bedroom apartments, and a 2-bedroom villa sleeping up to 7. Each unit is unique, but all are well-appointed and include private terraces with garden or village views; all but 1 feature fully equipped kitchenettes. Excellent location a 1-minute walk from Pollonia Beach and surrounded by restaurants, shops, and near the bus stop.
14. En Milo Studios and Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 69463 38675
Contemporary, boutique hotel with a pool and small vineyard just steps from Pollonia Beach. Rooms, studios, and suites sleep up to 4 guests, all with private terraces and sea views. Suites and Studios include kitchenettes, and 1 Superior Room adds an outdoor, private jacuzzi. Breakfast is included in the room rates and is delivered hot and fresh to each room daily; room service is available throughout the day. A good choice for couples or families with older kids, as children under 4 are not allowed in the pool. Well-situated at Pollonia Beach, surrounded by restaurants and a 5-minute walk to the bus stop.
15. Santa Maria Village – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 21959
Family-owned resort overlooking the sea with a free-form pool, holistic spa, and an all-day cocktail and snack bar. Rooms and suites are spacious and include private terraces with pool, garden, or sea views, some with kitchenettes. The luxury wing, Santa Maria Luxury Suites and Spa, caters to couples with 6 elegant, romantic suites with the best views on the property. Breakfast is included in all bookings with a buffet served at the Village or delivered directly to rooms at the Luxury Suites. Wonderful location within a 10-minute walk to Adamas’ main square and a 10-minute walk to Papakinou Beach.
16. Salt Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 22870 41110
Sleek, seafront boutique hotel with minimalistic design. All rooms and suites feature private terraces or balconies, kitchenettes, jetted spa showers, and full or partial sea views. Three suites add outdoor jacuzzis, while the 2-story Kleftiko House adds an outdoor jacuzzi, full kitchen, and sleeps up to five guests. Breakfast is complimentary and is served at the time of your choosing directly to the rooms. Cocktails, wine, and beverages are offered in the evenings until about midnight on their west-facing deck with spectacular sunset sea views. Well situated at the quiet, north end of Pollonia just a short walk to the beach and dining.
17. Thalassitra Village Hotel – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 23570
Delightful family-friendly, pet-friendly hotel with spacious suites and houses, a small spa room, and two sailboats for private excursions and events. Suites and houses all include full kitchens and private terraces, some with loft bedrooms, and a few with private pools. A hearty, Greek breakfast is available any time of the day, highlighting organic, homegrown produce, local cheeses, and farm-fresh eggs make it well worth the price. While the hotel’s village-style layout and design make it feel secluded, Thalassitra is only a 5-minute walk to the main square, an 8-minute walk to Lagada Beach, and a 9-minute walk to the port.
18. Villa Gallis – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 69066 47835
Set on a hillside overlooking both the village and sea, this charming boutique hotel features a pool with a sun terrace and views of the sea and Pollonia village. Villa Gallis offers comfortable double, triple and quadruple rooms with sea view balconies; triple and quadruple rooms have bunk beds. Rates include a wonderful breakfast spread with different items every day; local, Melian wine is included in some bookings. Quiet location just a 6-minute walk to Milos’ only winery, a 10-minute walk to Polychronis Beach, and a 12-minute walk to the village.
19. The Windmill – Kimolos
Hotel phone: +30 22870 51677
Intimate boutique hotel set in a circa 1852 windmill overlooking the Psathi port. Rooms are cozy, (just 15 to 30 square meters) but tastefully appointed and offering attentive service. Two-story Strogilo is the largest suite with two bedrooms (one queen and one double) and a large terrace with a dining table and sweeping sea views. Sitting at the top of the windmill tower, the queen-bedded Agnantio room offers the best sea views from its private balcony. On the ground floor, Kimolos Breeze Café serves traditional Greek breakfast each morning (included) and sunset cocktails. Wonderful location less than a 10-minute walk to Chorio, the Kimolos Island’s one and only village, and about a 5-minute walk the port at Psathi with ferries to Pollonia.
20. Lithos Luxury Rooms – Gournado-Fylakopi, near Adamas
Hotel phone: +30 22873 04929
Adults-only, boutique hotel with a pool set in a tranquil space near breathtaking Sarakiniko Beach. All 6 rooms have their own private terraces, queen-sized beds, wood beam ceilings, and full or partial sea views. A relaxed pool bar serves light refreshments throughout the day, and a Mediterranean breakfast buffet is always included in the room rates.
21. Ageri-Milos Deluxe Studios and Suites – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 69470 74806
Excellent, family-friendly hotel with spacious suites and studios near the center of Adamas. All units feature furnishings custom-made by the owner, who is incredibly attentive to guests’ needs throughout their stays. Studios sleep up to 3, while suites sleep up to 6; all include full kitchens, private terraces, and Cycladic architecture and style. Perks include complimentary use of a tandem bike and beach gear. Fantastic location in a quiet neighborhood of Adamas a 5-minute walk to restaurants, a 7-minute walk to the port, and a 12-minute walk to Papakinou Beach.
22. Kapetan Tasos Suites – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41287
Breezy, all-suite hotel with a covered pool and jacuzzi just a few meters from the beach. Tastefully decorated mini-suites, 1-bedroom suites, and a 2-bedroom superior suite all feature contemporary Cycladic style, small yet fully-equipped kitchens, and private terraces (most with sea views). A complimentary, a la carte breakfast is served to each suite daily from a menu of decadent pastries, homemade savory dishes, and local ingredients. Wonderful walking location near Polychronis Beach and the best restaurants in Pollonia.
23. Bonatsa Beach House – Kimolos
Hotel phone: +30 22870 51677
Cheerful, 3-room hotel with its own beach club on gorgeous, golden Bonatsa Beach, one of Kimolos’ most popular spots. Each room offers a queen-sized, Cocomat mattress, dazzling sea views, and a shared patio. A simple breakfast is included, and the front row of sunbeds at the B3 Beach Bar are reserved for hotel guests. Located on the south side of Kimolos, a short walk from a handful of tavernas, and about 3.5 km from Chorio village and Psathi port.
Milos – Best Towns & Highlights