Greece › Milos Hotels for Families
by Santorini Dave • Updated: March 28, 2022
Milos Family Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com is the best website for booking hotels on Milos.
- Milos is a picturesque volcanic island with stunning beaches, charming villages, and rich history. Known as the Island of Colors, Milos is well-loved for its crystal blue water, colorful rock formations, and the syrmata, brightly painted shelters for fishing boats.
- Most hotels in Milos are found in Adamas (where the ferry port is located) and Pollonia, both charming towns with seaside tavernas and wonderful nearby beaches. Both are great for walking, shopping, eating, and evening strolls. Adamas has a little more nightlife (but not much). Pollonia is a little more upscale, but nothing too chichi.
- Plan on visiting the capitol Plaka at least once. This is the liveliest village with spectacular sunset views, authentic tavernas, and local shopping. In nearby Trypiti, there are the Catacombs of Milos; dating back to the 1st century A.D., they are among the oldest in the world. Trypiti is also where the Venus de Milo was discovered. Sailing through Kleftiko’s towering rock formations and natural caves is another must. This old pirate hideout offers several secret beaches and swimming spots only accessible by boat.
- The best restaurants on Millos are O! Hamos! (Adamas), Methismeni Politia (Tyrpiti), Medusa (Mandrakia), Mavros Xoiros (Plaka), De Milos (Pollonia), and the bakery Kivotos Ton Gefseon (Pollonia).
- Most of Milos’ beaches are wild and unorganized with few or no restaurants, so plan to take your own beach gear. The best beaches on Milos are Sarakiniko (crazy landscape that looks like the moon with a tiny pebbly beach inside; unorganized, can be crowded), Pollonia Beach (sandy, unorganized, near great restaurants), Provatas Beach (lively, sandy, organized beach with sun beds and beach clubs), Paliochori (colorful cliffs and pebbles, red and yellow sand; organized beach with sun beds and tavernas), Firiplaka (sandy, partly organized, surrounded by colorful cliffs).
The 11 Best Family Hotels in Milos
1. Captain Zeppos – Pollonia
Hotel phone: + 30 69482 01088
Charming, tiny hotel on the sea featuring 4 spacious suites for up to 6 and a huge villa for up to 11, all with full kitchens, sunrise sea views and private balconies. The 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom villa has bunk beds in 1 bedroom, plus a living room with 2 sofa beds, 2 private terraces, and a private, outdoor jacuzzi. Guests are greeted with a welcome basket of breakfast items that are replenished daily, including homemade pies, cakes, and marmalades. Hotel facilities include a heated, jetted plunge pool, a sun terrace, and a private dock for swimming and fishing. Family perks include babysitting, free bikes, and free kayaks. Great location just a 2-minute walk to sandy Pollonia Beach and surrounded by great restaurants.
2. Delmar Apartments & Suites – Pollonia
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 41440
Stylish hotel in the heart of Pollonia village just steps from the sea. Delmar offers well-appointed 1 and 2-bedroom suites and apartments for 3 to 5 guests and a 2-bedroom villa sleeping up to 7. Each unit is unique, but all are well-appointed and include fully equipped kitchenettes (though half-board options are available) and private terraces with garden or village views. Family amenities include babysitting, baby cots, toys, and a 24-hour doctor on call. Excellent location just a 1-minute walk from shallow, calm Pollonia Beach and a beachfront playground, across the street from a grocery store, a short walk to the bus stop, and surrounded by restaurants and shops.
3. Melian Boutique Hotel & Spa – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 22870 28200, Winter: +30 69345 36002
Luxury hotel on the sea with a plunge pool and a private swimming dock. Spacious accommodations include the Junior Deluxe Suite, an open plan suite for 4 (1 queen bed and 1 double sofa bed) with a huge veranda and outdoor jacuzzi, and the Family Room, 2 connected rooms for up to 5 (2 queen beds and 1 sofa bed) featuring 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, and 2 outdoor jacuzzis. A complimentary a la carte breakfast is served to each room daily, and the hotel features an excellent Greek-Mediterranean restaurant for lunch, dinner, and cocktails. Excellent location on a quiet hillside within a 5-minute walk of family-friendly Pollonia Beach, restaurants, and the village.
4. Unique Milos Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 69066 46855, +30 69066 46873
Just three suites make up this beachfront hotel in Pollonia, each sleeping three to four guests with a king or queen bed plus one or two sofabeds. Premium Suites add a second bathroom. All suites boast full kitchens with drinkable, filtered water (rare in the Cycladic Islands), private sea-view patios, and private back yards with gardens and mountain views. Breakfast baskets are included for each suite and are refilled daily. Beautifully situated at the north end of Pollonia Beach with its own private section of sunbeds under the shade of tamarisk trees, near myriad restaurants, shops, and the ferry to Kimolos Island.
5. Salt Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 22870 41110
Waterfront boutique hotel with just 10 suites in a quiet neighborhood in northern Pollonia, just a short walk from the beach, playground, and a wide range of dining options. Most suites sleep three to four guests, all with private terraces or balconies, jetted spa showers, full or partial sea views, and daily breakfast served directly to the room. Most suites have kitchenettes, while the Kleftiko House has a full kitchen. Three suites and the house add outdoor jacuzzis. Evening refreshments are available on their sunny, communal deck with sunset sea views.
6. Vira Vivere Houses – Plaka
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 23083
Generous 2 to 3-bedroom apartments for 4 to 5 guests, all with full kitchens and private terraces. The Maisonette is the largest with 3 bedrooms (1 double bedroom, 1 single bedroom, and 1 bedroom with 2 singles), 2 bathrooms, and 3 terraces spread over 2 floors. Breakfast is delivered to each apartment daily for €6 per person, and includes warm, fresh pastries and homemade jams; a small menu of cocktails, coffee, and pastries is available throughout the day. The hotel offers a barbeque grill, free parking, and a 3-person jacuzzi with aromatherapy. Wonderful location in Plaka next to a public basketball court and soccer field, within a 6-minute walk to restaurants, a 10-minute walk to the heart of Plaka village, and a 17-minute walk to the Catacombs of Milos.
7. Milia Gi Suites – Pollonia
Hotel phone: +30 69485 19326, +30 69485 19398
Welcoming, family-run hotel just steps from the beach, dining, and shops of Pollinia. All suites and studios have their own private patios, kitchenettes, and luxurious Cocomat bedding, most with one queen and one sofa bed to sleep up to three guests; some add outdoor jacuzzis. Family Suites sleep up to four with a king bed, two sofa beds, and pocket doors to separate the sleeping areas. Breakfast is complimentary and delivered to each suite daily.
8. Hotel Rigas – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 23439
Inviting, family-run hotel with bright, comfy studios and apartments, all with kitchenettes (stoves, fridges) and good-sized furnished balconies, some with sea views; studios and apartments for 3 or 4 guests include bunk beds. A complimentary breakfast buffet is included in the room rate, offering local, Melian recipes, including watermelon pie. Located directly behind the Milos Mining Museum, within a 5-minute walk of fantastic restaurants, an 8-minute walk to Papakinou Beach, and a 13-minute walk to the port (though they offer free port transfers).
9. Ageri-Milos Deluxe Studios & Suites – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 69470 74806
Excellent hotel offering a friendly, authentic experience for families with spacious suites and studios near the center of Adamas. The owner is hands-on and attentive to guests’ needs throughout their stays. Art Classic Studios sleep up to 3, while 1 and 2-bedroom Art Deluxe Suites sleep 5 or 6; all studios and suites include full kitchens, private terraces, and bespoke, handmade furnishings. Perks include complimentary use of beach gear and a tandem bike. Fantastic location in a quiet neighborhood of Adamas, just a 5-minute walk to restaurants, a 7-minute walk to the port, and a 12-minute walk to Papakinou Beach.
10. Portiani Hotel – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 22940
Cheerful, budget hotel in Adamas’ main square overlooking the marina and port. Family Rooms and Superior Rooms sleep up to 4. The Family Rooms are made of 2 connecting rooms with double beds and private sea view balconies, while the Superior Room is a 1-bedroom unit with a double bed, a living room with a double sofa bed, and a sea view balcony. Portiani Hotel is known for its all-female staff and owner as well as its fantastic, complimentary breakfast buffet featuring fresh, homemade Melian favorites. Fantastic location just steps away from great restaurants, a little nightlife, the port, and only a 10-minutes walk to Papakinou Beach.
11. Hotel Aeolis – Adamas
Hotel Phone: +30 22870 23450
Sunny, family-owned, budget hotel with ample triple and quadruple rooms, all with kitchenettes and private balconies or patios. A hearty continental breakfast is available each morning, as well as drinks and snacks throughout the day, though a bakery and a supermarket are both less than a 2-minute walk away. Great location in a quiet neighborhood of Adamas just a 5-minute walk to restaurants, an 8-minute walk to the port, a 9-minute walk to Lagada Beach, and a 14-minute walk to Papakinou Beach.