• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
Florence Hotel Tips
- Most hotels in Florence are in historic buildings and subject to strict guidelines for renovations, meaning that many hotels do not have elevators or ADA rooms. If you have limited mobility, be sure the hotel has an elevator or book a ground floor room.
- Smoking is still allowed in many hotels in Florence, though usually confined to a particular floor in the hotel. If you are sensitive to smoke, request a non-smoking room or non-smoking hotel.
- Tourist Tax: Hotels in Florence are required to collect a city tourist tax that is charged separately from the room rate. The price is equal to €1 per star of the hotel, plus 50 cents, per person per night for the first seven nights. For example, two adults staying at a four-star hotel for three nights will pay €27 Euro. Exceptions are for children under twelve, who are exempt, and for five-star hotels, which are only €1 per star. Many hotels require this tax to be paid in cash rather than credit, and some require its payment at check in.
- Booking.com will have the best rates and is the easiest way to book hotels in Florence.
7 Best Florence Hotels with Private Pools and Hot Tubs
1. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze • Santissima Annunziata
The refined Four Seasons is the only hotel in Florence offering a suite with a private plunge pool, open all summer long. Their unique Garden Suite is tucked away in a lush, tree- and hedge-ringed garden, keeping the pool and its guests secluded from the rest of the hotel. Featuring a lavish, marble bathroom with an oversized sunken bathtub, this suite makes an ideal romantic getaway on its own or can connect to another room to create a posh family-friendly villa. The resort also boasts a shared pool and hot tub, a full service day spa, a fine dining restaurant, and an upscale cocktail and wine bar.
Hotel phone: +39 055 26261 • Map
2. Ville sull’Arno • Campo di Marte, east of Santa Croce
This romantic boutique resort offers several luxurious suites with private Jacuzzis. Four of their Florentine-themed junior suites in La Villa offer indoor or outdoor whirlpools on their roof terraces, while many of their contemporary Spa Villa suites boast glass-fronted indoor Jacuzzis and steam showers. Other room categories feature deep soaking tubs but without jets. Their full-service spa houses a larger hot hub, a pool, an ice waterfall, sauna, and experience showers, while their garden houses a second pool with an adjoining glass-fronted Jacuzzi. Top it off with an amazing bar and gourmet restaurant, offering exclusive Tuscan cooking classes for guests, and breathtaking views of the Arno River in a quiet neighborhood accessible to, but removed from, the hubbub of the City Center.
Hotel phone: +39 055 670971 • Map
3. The Westin Excelsior, Florence • Santa Maria Novella
An immaculate hotel built in a 14th-century palace, the Westin Excelsior houses several suites with private Jacuzzis on outdoor terraces overlooking the city. Their Junior Suite Terrace offers an expansive terrace with Jacuzzi overlooking the Arno. The Belvedere Suite is a spacious corner room with a whirlpool on its wraparound terrace, offering views of the River and Ponte Vecchio. The Presidential Suite is their top tier, with one bedroom, two bathrooms, and a seventy square meter rooftop corner terrace with a private Jacuzzi, offering panoramic views of the Arno and the city. With a popular rooftop restaurant and bar, sweeping sunset views and historical and contemporary design, this is among the very best hotels in Florence.
Hotel phone: +39 055 27151 • Map
4. Hotel Brunelleschi • City Center
This breathtaking boutique hotel offers one gorgeous Pool Suite with an indoor hydrotherapy tub and rooftop terrace with a Jacuzzi, surrounded by climbing vines and flowers, with a direct view of the Duomo. Their two-floor Tower Suite is housed in the oldest landmark in Florence, a sixth-century Byzantine tower, and offers an indoor whirlpool and a Duomo view. All other one- and two- bedroom suites and specialty suites boast indoor Jacuzzi tubs, while the Bargello Suite adds a multisensory shower. Suite guests receive extra perks, including roundtrip airport transportation, daily fruits and chocolates, a welcome bottle of champagne, and exclusive dining privileges in their St Elisabetta Ristorante, among other amenities.
Hotel phone: +39 055 27370 • Map
5. Golden Tower Hotel & Spa • City Center
With a wellness focus, this upscale hotel offers two room types with private Jacuzzis. Their best is the Luxury Junior Suite con Jacuzzi, with a two-person whirlpool on an outdoor terrace with sweeping city views, while their Tower Idro room includes a two-person Jacuzzi indoors. Tower Deluxe rooms come with deep soaking tubs, but no jets. Room rates include access to the wet areas of their adults-only spa, including the pool, whirlpool, emotional showers, and Turkish bath. A full menu of pampering services is also available. Most room rates include minibar items, a phenomenal breakfast buffet, and an evening prosecco and aperitivo.
Hotel phone: +39 055 287860 • Map
6. Sina Villa Medici • Santa Maria Novella
All of the rooms and suites in this elegant, historic hotel include soaking tubs, and most have balconies, but the Florence Suites are the only ones with private outdoor whirlpools. These spacious one-bedroom, two-bathroom suites also offer indoor hydrotherapy tubs in addition to the Jacuzzis on their grand sixty square meter outdoor terraces. This urban oasis also features a free-form pool, a full-service spa with a sauna and steam room, and a lush garden; complimentary breakfast is served here daily in the conservatory.
Hotel phone: +39 055 277171 • Map
7. Relais Santa Croce • Santa Croce
This graceful boutique hotel in an opulent 18th-century palace boasts two suites with private Jacuzzis. The De Pepi Presidential Suite is a one-bedroom with an indoor whirlpool and a Turkish bath with light therapy; it also boasts a fireplace in the living room and restored, original frescoes on its vaulted ceiling. The spacious, one-bedroom Da Verrazzano Royal Suite offers a similar indoor Jacuzzi and Turkish bath, along with two living rooms, a private gym, restored frescoes, and a coffered ceiling. These two suites have the option to connect, making up the enormous 261 square meter Santa Croce Royal Suite. Other highlights include live performances every evening in the Music Room and their three-Michelin-starred restaurant Enoteca Pinchiorri.
Hotel phone: +39 055 234 2230 • Map
- Florence – Best Hotels
- Florence – Family Hotels
- Florence – Romantic Hotels
- Florence – Cheap Hotels
- Florence – Wheelchair Accessible Hotels
- Florence – Pet-Friendly Hotels
- Florence – Best Time to Visit
- Florence – Best Restaurants
- Florence – Best Bars
- Florence – Best Gelato
- Florence – Best Wine Tours
- Florence – Airport Transportation
- Florence – Renting a Car
- Florence – Rome to Florence
- Florence – Venice to Florence
- Florence – Pisa to Florence
- Florence – Livorno to Florence