Hotel Chopin is a charming and affordable hotel uniquely situated inside one of Paris’s oldest covered galleries. In continual operation since 1846, this hotel’s tucked-in location allows for quiet nights, while still being convenient to the sights, shops, and restaurants of central Paris. Beds and bathrooms are comfortably modern, while room decor is tastefully traditional – think patterned wallpaper and antique furnishing. There’s no air conditioning, but fans are provided in each room. Just on the border of the 2nd arrondissement, walking distance to Galeries Lafayette, the Louvre, and great Metro connections.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Hotel Chopin – The Basics
- Location: Inside one of Paris’ charming old covered shopping galleries, Passage Jouffroy, in the 9th arrondissement – near theaters, shopping, the Opera, and the Louvre. Grands Boulevards and Richelieu-Drouot Metro stations are both under a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Triple rooms accommodate three people, in one double and one twin bed. Cribs are available on request, but the hotel’s small room size does not allow for additional beds to be brought in.
- Pet Policy: Pets are accommodated with no additional fee. Call the hotel directly after booking to request a pet-friendly room. There is a cat who lives in the hotel.
- View: City rooftop views from higher (3rd and 4th floor) Classic Rooms.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: No parking. The nearest parking is Drouot Car Park, for 31€/day.
- Nice Perks: Friendly hotel cat.
- Phone: +33 1 47 70 58 10
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Hotel Chopin is a small and popular hotel, its 36 rooms book fast. I recommend booking at least a month in advance, especially for the busy travel seasons of April through October and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Hotel Chopin – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No finess center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Hotel Chopin – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No on-site restaurant, though there are loads of great restaurants, cafes, and bars in the surrounding area.
- Lounge/Bar: No bar.
- Breakfast: A daily breakfast buffet is offered for an additional fee of 8€/person.
- Room Service: No room service.
Hotel Chopin – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget • Classic • Classic Family • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel Chopin is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: 4th floor Classic rooms feature city rooftop views, are a relatively roomy 22sqm, and can accommodate 3 guests in one double and one twin bed.
Hotel Chopin – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Grévin Wax Museum Tickets – Over 200 lifelike characters; from historical figures to present-day celebs. 2-minute walk.
- Paris Wine & Cheese Lunch – A fun and relaxed introduction to french wines (history, culture, and regional differences). 14-minute walk.
- Opera Garnier Tour – 90-minute guided tour of the Baroque Opera Garnier. 14-minute walk.
- The Louvre – Skip-the-line-tickets and guided tour. 17-minute walk.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Le Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families. 3-minute walk.
- Bien Bien – Small, friendly spot with some of the best Thai food in Paris. 3-minute walk.
- La Régalade Conservatoire – French fine dining in a casual, comfortable atmosphere inside Hôtel de Nell. Reservations recommended. 5-minute walk.
- Popolare – Crazy good Neapolitan wood-fired pizza, cool downstairs bar. Go early – they don’t take reservations and there’s often a line. 8-minute walk.
- La Bourse et La Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose. 8-minute walk.
- Le Grand Colbert – Traditional bistro. Famous because of being featured in the Diane Keaton/Jack Nicholson film Something’s Gotta Give, but popular because it’s fantastic. 9-minute walk.
- La Boissonniere – Warm and friendly tapas/wine bar; a class=”darklink” comfortable choice for solo diners. 9-minute walk.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch. 11-minute walk.
- Frenchie – Exquisite high end French bistro fare. Extremely popular – book well in advance. 12-minute walk.
- Big Ferdnand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries. 13-minute walk.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao. 18-minute walk.
- Balagan – Creative Israeli and Mediterranean cuisine; fun, lively atmosphere. 19-minute walk.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- The Frog & Underground – Rustic modern brew pub spread over three floors; friendly, English-speaking staff. 3-minute walk.
- Mabel – Amazing cocktails, humongous rum selection, and grilled cheese sandwiches to die for. 11-minute walk.
- Frenchie Bar à Vin – Go because you can’t score a reservation at the months-in-advance-booked Frenchie, or go because it’s wonderful in its own right, but go early to grab a table. Rotating menu, relaxed vibe, solid wine list. 12-minute walk.
- Legrand Filles et Fils – One of the oldest wine cellars in Paris, with a stunning location in the beautiful Passages Vivienne. Great selection of wines by the glass, helpful staff. 11-minute walk.
- Bar Le Forum – Classic, iconic, award-winning cocktail lounge. Dimly-lit and atmospheric. 11-minute walk.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks. 13-minute walk.
- Redd – Lovely, intimate wine bar with a fantastic cheese and charcuterie selection. 13-minute walk.
- Experimental Cocktail Club – Intimate spot with excellent and unusual cocktails, and often a live DJ. 14-minute walk.
Cool Shops Nearby
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souvenirs. 2-minute walk.
- Passage des Panoramas – The first covered walkway in Paris retains its old-world charm; great for art, antiques, and collectibles. 3-minute walk.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine. 10-minute walk.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef. 11-minute walk.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning macarons; try his signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry and lychee. 13-minute walk.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts. 15-minute walk.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool. 17-minute walk.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop. 18-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Actuelle – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products. 2-minute walk.
- Carrefour City Market – Good selection of wines, beers, fruits & veg, dairy, breads, and pantry staples. 5-minute walk.
- Rue Montorgueil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it. 15-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Grévin Wax Museum – 2-minute walk.
- Hôtel Drouot Auction House – 2-minute walk.
- Passage des Panoramas – 3-minute walk.
- Folies Bergère – 4-minute walk.
- Opéra-Comique – 6-minute walk.
- Chocolate Museum – 10-minute walk.
- Porte Saint-Denis – 13-minute walk.
- Opéra Garnier – 13-minute walk.
- Palais Royal – 15-minute walk.
- Louvre Museum – 16-minute walk.