• Location: In the Passage Jouffroy covered shopping arcade in Paris’ 9th arrondissement.
• Hotel website: hotelchopin-paris-opera.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 47 70 58 10
• Check prices for Hotel Chopin
Hotel Chopin is a charming and affordable hotel uniquely situated inside one of Paris’s oldest covered galleries. In continual operation since 1846, this hotel’s tucked-in location allows for quiet nights, while still being convenient to the sights, shops, and restaurants of central Paris. Beds and bathrooms are comfortably modern, while room decor is tastefully traditional – think patterned wallpaper and antique furnishing. There’s no air conditioning, but fans are provided in each room. In the 9th, but just on the border of the 2nd arrondissement, walking distance to Galeries Lafayette, the Louvre, and great Metro connections.
Hotel Chopin – Location
Inside one of Paris’ charming old covered shopping galleries, Passage Jouffroy, in the 9th arrondissement (but just on the edge of the 2nd) – near theaters, shopping, the Opera, and the Louvre. Grands Boulevards and Richelieu-Drouot Metro stations are both under a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
- Address: 46 Passage Jouffroy
- Nearest Metro: Grands Boulevards, Richelieu – Drouot
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Hotel Chopin – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Triple rooms accommodate three people, in one double and one twin bed. Cribs are available on request, but the hotel’s small room size does not allow for additional beds to be brought in.
- Pet Policy: Pets are accommodated with no additional fee. Call the hotel directly after booking to request a pet-friendly room. There is a cat who lives in the hotel.
- View: City rooftop views from higher (3rd and 4th floor) Classic Rooms.
- Parking: No parking. The nearest parking is Drouot Car Park, for 31€/day.
- Nice Perks: Friendly hotel cat.
- When to Book: Hotel Chopin is a small and popular hotel, its 36 rooms book fast. I recommend booking at least a month in advance, especially for the busy travel seasons of April through October and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 47 70 58 10
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hotelchopin-paris-opera.com
Hotel Chopin – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No finess center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Hotel Chopin – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No on-site restaurant, though there are loads of great restaurants, cafes, and bars in the surrounding area.
- Lounge/Bar: No bar.
- Breakfast: A daily breakfast buffet is offered for an additional fee of 8€/person.
- Room Service: No room service.
Hotel Chopin – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget • Classic • Classic Family • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Hotel Chopin is a non-smoking property.
- Best Room: 4th floor Classic rooms feature city rooftop views, are a relatively roomy 22sqm, and can accommodate 3 guests in one double and one twin bed.
Hotel Chopin – What’s Nearby?
- Le Bouillon Chartier – Traditional French in a historic Belle Époque dining room. Reasonable prices. Great for families.
- Bien Bien – Small, friendly spot with some of the best Thai food in Paris.
- Popolare – Crazy good Neapolitan wood-fired pizza, cool downstairs bar. Go early – they don’t take reservations and there’s often a line.
- La Bourse et La Vie – Classic French cooking from American celebrity chef, Daniel Rose.
- Le Grand Colbert – Traditional bistro. Famous because of being featured in the Diane Keaton/Jack Nicholson film Something’s Gotta Give, but popular because it’s fantastic.
- La Boissonniere – Warm and friendly tapas/wine bar; a class=”darklink” comfortable choice for solo diners.
- Angelina – Excellent tea and pastries (and the best hot chocolate in Paris) on the Rue de Rivoli. Great for brunch.
- Frenchie – Exquisite high end French bistro fare. Extremely popular – book well in advance.
- Big Ferdnand – American-style hamburgers done in 6 styles, including mushroom, veal, or chicken. House-made condiments and great fries.
- yam’Tcha – Chinese influenced modern French cooking. Very popular – reserve well in advance, try for lunch, or stop by their boutique around the corner for steamed bao.
- Balagan – Creative Israeli and Mediterranean cuisine; fun, lively atmosphere.
Nearby Bars & Breweries
- The Frog & Underground – Rustic modern brew pub spread over three floors; friendly, English-speaking staff.
- Mabel – Amazing cocktails, humongous rum selection, and grilled cheese sandwiches to die for.
- Frenchie Bar à Vin – Go because you can’t score a reservation at the months-in-advance-booked Frenchie, or go because it’s wonderful in its own right, but go early to grab a table. Rotating menu, relaxed vibe, solid wine list.
- Legrand Filles et Fils – One of the oldest wine cellars in Paris, with a stunning location in the beautiful Passages Vivienne. Great selection of wines by the glass, helpful staff.
- Harry’s New York Bar – Cocktail and piano bar with a storied history and great drinks.
- Redd – Lovely, intimate wine bar with a fantastic cheese and charcuterie selection.
- Experimental Cocktail Club – Intimate spot with excellent and unusual cocktails, and often a live DJ.
Cool Shops Nearby
- À la Mère de Famille – Chocolates and sweets, beautifully displayed and nicely packaged for souvenirs.
- Passage des Panoramas – The first covered walkway in Paris retains its old-world charm; great for art, antiques, and collectibles.
- Galeries Lafayette Haussmann – The most popular department store with tourists in search of famous French brands like Louis Vuitton and Cartier. Also housewares, gourmet foods, and wine.
- Epices Roellinger Paris – Renowned spice shop that created by a Michelin-starred chef.
- Pierre Hermé – Award-winning macarons; try his signature “Ispahan” – a blend of rosewater, raspberry and lychee.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts.
- Forum Des Halles – Huge, modern underground shopping mall with French and international brands, restaurants, a cinema, and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Chanel Boutique Cambon – The iconic French designer’s flagship retail location. As much a fashion museum as a shop.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Pharmacie Actuelle – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products.
- Carrefour City Market – Good selection of wines, beers, fruits & veg, dairy, breads, and pantry staples.
- Rue Montorgueil – One of the best market streets in Paris. Produce, flowers, bakeries, cheese, wine, you name it.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Grévin Wax Museum
- Hôtel Drouot Auction House
- Passage des Panoramas
- Folies Bergère
- Chocolate Museum
- Opéra Garnier
- Palais Royal
- Louvre Museum
Hotel Chopin – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train