Best Family Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas Family Hotels – Tips & Advice
- Best Las Vegas Luxury Hotel for Families: The Four Seasons
- Best Las Vegas Affordable Hotel for Families: The Golden Nugget
- Best Apartment Suites in Las Vegas for Families: Jockey Club Suites
- Family Hotel near Sphere: Venetian • Palazzo
- Family Hotel near Airport: Residence Inn
- The best time to visit Las Vegas for families is between February and May, and from September to November when the weather is great but crowds and prices are reduced.
- The best area to stay in Las Vegas for families is the Strip. Yes, it’s busy and can get a little crazy but that’s where you’ll find the many kid-friendly things to do in Las Vegas, the best family resorts, and a huge range of kid-friendly places to eat.
The 7 Best Hotels for Families in Las Vegas
1. Four Seasons Hotel (luxury) – South Strip
A casino-free/non-smoking hotel at the top of Mandalay Bay Resort puts families first as evidenced by pint-sized robes, goodies, and concierge service with kid adventure in mind. Choose between the Four Season’s private pool on the roof or access the wave pool, lazy river, and swimming pools at the Mandalay Bay (pictured below). This is where we stayed on our most-recent family visit to Las Vegas.
2. Mandalay Bay Resort (luxury) – South Strip
The expansive aquarium in the lobby is reason enough to bring the kids to the Mandalay Bay but there is also the amazing pool complex that is in a class of its own. It boasts a wave pool, lazy river, and three full-size pools with an actual sandy beach. Spacious rooms that you don’t have to cross a casino to reach make it a comfortable stay.
3. New York – New York Hotel (luxury) – South Strip
The New York skyline wrapped by an impressive roller coaster will tempt thrill-seeking kids and adults (as long as kids are 54″ tall). A Coney Island-themed midway arcade provides games and shopping. The pool is small by Vegas standards but boasts a lot of shade to protect young skin.
4. Courtyard Hotel (midrange) – South Las Vegas
Large, clean rooms and a friendly staff make this a great choice. The pool is small but also has a large hot tub. An on-site market allows you to pick up a snack or create a mini-meal. There’s a complimentary shuttle to the strip or airport. King rooms with a sofa bed and king sleep family of 4.
5. The Golden Nugget (midrange) – Fremont Street
An awesome pool, waterslide, and shark aquarium are the highlights here. Great location for families who’d rather stay downtown than on the strip.
6. Excalibur Resort (midrange) – South Strip
A good budget option for staying on the Strip. The sword and sorcery theme is still evident but fading fast as it tries to get rid of the kitsch that made it famous. The medieval show will entertain with jousting knights, dancing maidens, and eating with your fingers. The pool area was just doubled in size and has an all-ages pool with waterslide. The “Widescreen” rooms have recently been redone and are much better than the “Standard” rooms. Midway games and video arcade on-site.
7. Circus Circus Hotel (cheap) – North Strip
The quintessential “kids hotel” in Vegas. There are two good size pools with jacuzzis and a third at the KOA RV Park next door. The midway features carnival games, a large arcade, and amazing circus acts that go from noon to midnight. If thrills are what you want, visit Adventuredome to scream your way through one of 25 rides and attractions. Rooms are modest in size but are recently remodeled. Children stay free.
Family Apartments in Las Vegas
- Hilton Vacation Club Polo Towers
Suites have full kitchens. One-bedroom suites sleep family of 4, two-bedroom suites sleep family of 5. Located in the center of the Strip, near shopping.
- Hilton Vacation Club Cancun Resort
One-bedroom villas sleep family of 4, two-bedroom villas sleep 6. Located 10-minute drive south of the Strip.
- Tahiti All-Suite Resort
One-bedroom suites sleep family of 4, two-bedroom suites sleep family of 6.
- Jockey Club Suites
One-bedroom king suites sleep family of 4.
- Extended Stay America
Inexpensive one-bedroom suites sleep family of 4.