Our Favorite London Hotels
• 5-Star: Connaught
• 4-Star: Marylebone
• 3-Star: Motel One Tower Hill
• Cheap: Z Soho
• Heathrow: Sofitel
• Gatwick: Sofitel
• Victoria Station: DoubleTree
• Paddington Station: Hilton
• Kings Cross: St. Pancras Renaissance
• For Families: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
London Hotels for Families – Tips & Advice
- Book hotels early. London has very few family-friendly rooms and they get fully booked months in advance.
- Best Luxury Hotel for Families in London: Taj 51 Buckingham Gate
- Best Hotel for Babies and Toddlers in London: Athenaeum
- Best Cheap/Midrange Hotels for Families in London: Darlington Hyde Park • DoubleTree
- Best London Hotels with Pools: Connaught • Marriott County Hall • Berkeley
- The best London neighborhoods for families are South Kensington (close to Hyde Park and kid-friendly museums), Marylebone (friendly neighborhood feel in the heart of the city), and Bloomsbury (tree lined streets and the British Museum). But as long as you’re close to a tube station there are few bad or inconvenient areas in central London.
- If you’re in London for more than a day then get an Oyster Card for the tube and bus. It’s cheaper and a big time saver.
The 12 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in London
1. Park Plaza Westminster Bridge – South Bank • midrange
Hotel phone: +44 333 400 6112
One-bedroom and two-bedroom suites are fantastic for families. Great location near Big Ben, London Eye, Waterloo Station and many other top sights. Nice indoor pool (though you need to book a time slot to access).
• Hotel website • Check prices for Park Plaza
2. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate – Westminster • luxury
Hotel phone: +44 20 7769 7766
Luxurious 2 and 3 bedroom suites (with turn-down service) have full kitchens and washing machines. The Indian restaurant attached to the hotel serves amazing vegetarian food. Close to Buckingham Palace, many restaurants, and several tube stations.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Taj 51
3. Athenaeum – Mayfair • luxury
Hotel phone: +44 20 7930 4843
Wonderful hotel that goes out of its way to welcome families. The one-bedroom apartments have their own entrance directly off the street, a full kitchen, bunk beds in some rooms, and cribs readily available. There’s a family concierge whose sole job is to help parents navigate the city and plan their visit.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Athenaeum
4. Connaught – Mayfair • luxury
Hotel phone: +44 20 7499 7070
Excellent, luxe pick for families with huge suites for family of four. Game consoles on request, and twice-daily, family-only swimming sessions at the pool. With a focus on gastronomy, the hotel offers a two-Michelin-starred French restaurant, an award-winning cocktail bar, and a classic afternoon tea. Many more family-friendly restaurants are just out the door.
• Hotel website • Check prices for the Connaught
5. Four Seasons at Ten Trinity Square – City of London • luxury
Hotel phone: +44 20 3297 9200
The best hotel near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. Fantastic pool, spa, and Jacuzzi. Superb breakfasts. Large one, two, and three bedroom residences sleep families of nearly any size.
• Hotel website • Check prices for the Four Seasons
6. Darlington Hyde Park – Paddington • midrange
Hotel phone: +44 20 7460 8800
Family, triple, and quadruple rooms available (get a quadruple if you don’t want to be on the basement floor). Close to Paddington Station (Heathrow Express to/from airport) and Hyde Park (playgrounds and open fields). Full English breakfast included.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Darlington Hyde Park
7. Grand Plaza Service Apartments – Notting Hill • midrange
Hotel phone: +44 20 7985 8000
Family apartments sleep a family of 5 or 6. Quadruples sleep family of 4. All have small kitchenettes. Nice area, close to two tube stations and walking distance from Notthing Hill shops and restaurants.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Grand Plaza Apartments
8. Premier Inn County Hall – South Bank • midrange
Hotel phone: +44 15 8256 7890
Large family rooms and good value breakfast. Also close to several restaurants and cafes. 1-minute walk to London Eye, 2 minutes to London Aquarium, 5 minutes to Waterloo station, 7 minutes to Big Ben and Parliament.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Premier Inn
9. The Ridgemount – Bloomsbury • budget
Hotel phone: +44 20 7636 1141
Great location close to the incredible British Museum. Quadruple rooms are perfect for family of 4. Quintuple rooms (with shared bathroom outside the room) for family of 5.
• Hotel website • Check prices for The Ridgemount
10. DoubleTree by Hilton London Victoria – Pimlico • budget
Hotel phone: +44 20 7834 8123
Inexpensive hotel with triples and quadruples. Convenient location close to Victoria Station and many tourist attractions.
• Hotel website • Check prices for DoubleTree Victoria Station
11. Luna Simone – Pimlico • budget
12. Best Western Palace & Suites – Chiswick • budget
Hotel phone: +44 845 373 1023
Family rooms have 1 full and 2 twin beds. This is an inexpensive hotel I might choose in a pinch – cheap, free parking, close to Heathrow, and 20 minutes to central London by tube – but it wouldn’t be my first choice for an extended stay.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Best Western Chiswick
More London Hotels for Families
All of these hotels have triple, quad, or family rooms. There aren’t many large rooms in London so they get reserved far in advance. Book early.
- Marriott County Hall
Nice swimming pool, great location near Big Ben and London Eye, large family rooms.
Triple and family rooms available.
- Montana Hotel
Deluxe family room for family of four.
- Columbus Hotel
Triple and quad rooms available.
- Crestfield Hotel
Triple and quad rooms available.
- The California
Triple, quadruple, and family rooms available for family of six.
Triple, quad, and family rooms (with bunk beds) for family of five.
Family Apartments in London
Recommended apartments and flats for families in London. Most units have kitchens, washer/dryer, and internet (free wifi). Free parking is rare.
- Park Lane Apartments
Apartments with full kitchen and 1 to 4 bedrooms sleep families and large groups. Fantastic central location.
- 15 Basil Street
Two-bedroom apartments sleep family of 4, 3-bedroom apartments sleep family of 5 or 6
- Arlington House Apartments
One-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments sleep up to 6.
- 130 Queen’s Gate Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel & Apartments
Two-bedroom apartment for family of 4.
- Fraser Place Canary Wharf
One-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments for 4 to 6 people.
- Where to Stay in London
- Best Hotels in London
- Best Boutique Hotels in London
- Best Budget Hotels in London
- Best Hotels with Pools in London
- London Hotel Map
- Gatwick Airport Hotels
- Heathrow Airport Hotels
- Best Time to Visit London
- London with Kids
- Best Things to Do in London
- Best Restaurants in London
- Best Bars and Pubs in London
- Best Shops and Markets in London
- London to Paris by Eurostar
- Amsterdam – The Very Best Hotels
- Athens – The Very Best Hotels
- Barcelona – The Very Best Hotels
- Dublin – The Very Best Hotels
- Florence – The Very Best Hotels
- Istanbul – The Very Best Hotels
- Lisbon – The Very Best Hotels
- London – The Very Best Hotels
- Naples – The Very Best Hotels
- Paris – The Very Best Hotels
- Prague – The Very Best Hotels
- Reykjavik – The Very Best Hotels
- Rome – The Very Best Hotels
- Venice – The Very Best Hotels