• Location: In the heart of the “Golden Triangle” delineated by the Champs-Élysées, George V, and Montaigne avenues.
• Hotel website: hotelgrandpowersparis.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 4723 9105
• Check prices for Grand Powers
Grand Powers – Revamped historic hotel in the heart of Paris.
Grand Powers Hotel re-opened in late 2018 with a remodel that respects its early twentieth-century history but gives it a sublime modern feel. The result is a bright, spacious, six-story retreat that features molded wood-paneling, high ceilings, and marble bathrooms alongside mid-century modern, jewel-toned furnishings – all at one of the chicest locations in Paris. Many rooms have Eiffel Tower views, families and pets are coddled, and there’s a pervasive sense of comfort throughout. Relax in the laid-back, pastel-hued Café 52 on-site with a green juice, cocktail, or a fresh, light meal or find peace in the sauna and feel unpretentious yet very much on-trend. Service is kind and friendly while being exceptionally professional.
Grand Powers – Location
Right in the heart of the “Golden Triangle” delineated by the Champs-Élysées, George V, and Montaigne avenues. This is one of Paris’s chicest areas and the center of high-end shopping. It’s a 15-minute walk (0.7 mile) to the Arc de Triomphe and 10 minutes (0.5 mile) in the other direction to the Grand Palais. Cafes, restaurants, and bars are all around.
- Address: 52 Rue François 1st
- Nearest Metro: Franklin D Roosevelt, George V, and Alma-Marceau.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Grand Powers – The Basics
- Ages: Children are very welcome and given a Paris scrapbook on arrival with stickers for the major sites. 25 of the 50 rooms can connect with each other, so it’s a great address for families.
- View: All the rooms on the third floor and above on the Rue Francois 1er side of the hotel have views of the Eiffel Tower. The higher up the room, the more tower you get in the view. The Rue Pierre Charron side of the hotel has nice views over Paris rooftops.
- Parking: No parking on-site, but the hotel offers a parking concierge service to a nearby parking garage.
- Extras: This hotel is very pet friendly and provides doggie cupcakes, pet beds, and water dishes for Fido.
- When to Book: June is the busiest month, but the world has yet to discover this newly remodeled gem and you can still get last-minute bookings most of the time.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 4723 9105
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotelgrandpowersparis.com
Grand Powers – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The luxurious Thala Spa offers several treatments using Dermalogica products.
- Fitness Center: Fully-equipped fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: There’s a beautiful jacuzzi, sauna, and hammam in the spa room.
Grand Powers – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Café 52 (7 am-9 pm) is designed to be chic yet laid-back and comfortable. Dishes follow suit with lots of simple yet expertly prepared healthy choices such as salads, poke bowls, and crowd-pleasing international options from croque monsieur to club sandwiches. Pastries are provided by the famous Master Pastry Chef Christophe Michalak. $$.
- Lounge/Bar: There’s a full bar within Café 52 that serves excellent cocktails. Every Thursday night there’s live music and free tapas.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Good buffet breakfast with a selection of hot dishes available between 8 am and 10.30 am; €23 per person.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service available.
Grand Powers – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior • Deluxe • Deluxe Executive • Junior Suite • Elegant Junior Suite • List of all Rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Guests can smoke on balconies but not indoors.
- Best Room: The Elegant Junior Suite has the best views of the Eiffel Tower and is by the far the most spacious, however, it doesn’t have a balcony.
Grand Powers – What’s Nearby?
Best Nearby Restaurants
- La Belle Ferronnière – Classic, large French corner bistro with plenty of sidewalk seating.
- Bistro Marbeuf – Bustling bistro with classic food in a convenient location for shopping.
- Restaurant Chez Andre – Traditional French Brasserie with crisp white tablecloths and an intimate, neighborhood feel.
- L’Avenue – Popular, busy, international-inspired dishes and a good place to look for celebrities and people-watch.
- Ginger – Beloved Indochina-inspired gem with indoor or patio seating and exquisite cocktails.
- Le Boudoir – High-end patisserie that’s like a boutique of sweet style.
- Substance – The best restaurant in the vicinity with gorgeous, modern décor and superb French gastronomy inspired by the chef’s Eastern French origins.
- 86 Champs – Froufrou, elegant-modern patisserie serving amazing macarons.
- Flora Danica – Danish brewery and restaurant, especially good for its Nordic style fish dishes. Lovely terrace seating in summer.
- 24 Le Restaurant – Creative French gastronomy, very popular with locals. Service and food are excellent.
- Mini Palais – Next to the Grand Palais, this is an elegant place for a meal or afternoon tea.
Best Nearby Cafes
- Bert’s – Simple sandwiches, soups, and coffee are a nice change after eating rich food – light on the pocket book too.
- Pret a Manger – Salads, espresso, breakfast sandwiches, and light meals to eat in or take-away.
- Ladurée – Beautiful French Art de Vivre décor, amazing pastries, and a fabulous place for afternoon tea.
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Au Bureau – Friendly pub to stop aprés shopping for a beer and a burger.
- Le Bar – Luxurious bar to see and be seen at the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Gentlemen 1919 – Pass the barbershop to this dimly-lit cocktail bar that feels like a Speakeasy.
Nearby Clubs, Cinemas, and Live Music
- Crazy Horse – Paris’ premier cabaret bar. Nude dancers and burlesque.
- Gaumont Champs-Elysées – Thirteen-screen cinema playing the latest blockbusters.
- Theatre du Rond Point – Highly reputed theater with plays by living playwrights.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Hermes – One of the longer-running Parisian fashion designers is still hot as ever.
- Dior – Modern French high fashion with a great showroom that’s always fun to browse.
- Givenchy – Find the latest pieces from the beloved Paris fashion house here.
- À la Mere de Famille – Paris’s oldest chocolate shop founded in 1761 – beautiful décor and delicious sweets.
- Chanel – Classic French style that never goes out of fashion.
- Saint Laurent – The quintessential haute couture Parisian design house.
- Barbara Bui – Paris designer with Japanese influence. This is one of her 3 Paris boutiques selling clothes, shoes, and handbags.
- Cartier – For jewelry that inevitably goes with all the haute couture you just bought.
- Champs-Elysées – Paris’s most famous boulevard, choc-full of upscale shopping, restaurants, and cinemas. Many of Paris’s most important events take place here, including the finish of the Tour de France bicycle race.
- Palais de la Decouverte – Science museum with permanent exhibits such as a glass man with colored veins and more showing the working of the human body, a planetarium, and a rat maze. Also lots of temporary exhibits. Great for kids.
- Grand Palais – A striking, grand, and ornate building housing exhibits, an event hall, and an art museum. During the 2024 Summer Olympics, the taekwondo and fencing events will be held here.
- Paris Museum of Modern Art – Stark yet beautiful building holding masterpieces from the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Petit Palais – Another outrageous building, just across from the Grand Palais with a museum containing elegant sculptures and historical art. And what’s amazing about it is that it’s free.
- Arc de Triomphe – One of the best known landmarks in the city. Wander over to admire it from below or buy a ticket to go to the top for views over Paris.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Galeries Lafayette–Champs-Elysées – Not a real grocery store, but the closest thing in the area where you can get essentials.
Grand Powers – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotel in Paris: Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train