Hôtel Grand Powers – Revamped historic hotel in the heart of Paris.
Hôtel Grand Powers re-opened in late 2018 with a remodel that respects its early twentieth-century history but gives it a sublime modern feel. The result is a bright, spacious, six-story retreat that features molded wood-paneling, high ceilings, and marble bathrooms alongside mid-century modern, jewel-toned furnishings – all at one of the chicest locations in Paris. Many rooms have Eiffel Tower views, families and pets are coddled, and there’s a pervasive sense of comfort throughout. Relax in the laid-back, pastel-hued Café 52 on-site with a green juice, cocktail, or a fresh, light meal or find peace in the sauna and feel unpretentious yet very much on-trend. Service is kind and friendly while being exceptionally professional.
Hôtel Grand Powers – The Basics
- Location: Right in the heart of the “Golden Triangle” delineated by the Champs-Élysées, George V, and Montaigne avenues. This is one of Paris’s chicest areas and the center of high-end shopping. It’s a 15-minute walk (0.7 mile) to the Arc de Triomphe and 10 minutes (0.5 mile) in the other direction to the Grand Palais. Cafes, restaurants, and bars are all around. It’s about a 5-minute walk (0.2 mile) to the Franklin D Roosevelt, 6-minute walk (0.3 mile) to the George V, and 7-minute walk (0.4 mile) to the Alma-Marceau Metro stations.
- Ages: Children are very welcome and given a Paris scrapbook on arrival with stickers for the major sites. 25 of the 50 rooms can connect with each other, so it’s a great address for families.
- View: All the rooms on the third floor and above on the Rue Francois 1er side of the hotel have views of the Eiffel Tower. The higher up the room, the more tower you get in the view. The Rue Pierre Charron side of the hotel has nice views over Paris rooftops.
- Wi-Fi: Complimentary throughout the hotel for all guests.
- Parking: No parking on-site, but the hotel offers a parking concierge service to a nearby parking garage.
- Extras: This hotel is very pet friendly and provides doggie cupcakes, pet beds, and water dishes for Fido.
- When To Book: June is the busiest month, but the world has yet to discover this newly remodeled gem and you can still get last-minute bookings most of the time.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 4723 9105
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: hotelgrandpowersparis.com
Hôtel Grand Powers – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The luxurious Thala Spa offers several treatments using Dermalogica products.
- Fitness Center: Fully-equipped fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: There’s a beautiful jacuzzi, sauna, and hammam in the spa room.
Hôtel Grand Powers – Food and Drink
- Restaurants: Café 52 (7 am-9 pm) is designed to be chic yet laid-back and comfortable. Dishes follow suit with lots of simple yet expertly prepared healthy choices such as salads, poke bowls, and crowd-pleasing international options from croque monsieur to club sandwiches. Pastries are provided by the famous Master Pastry Chef Christophe Michalak. $$.
- Lounge/Bar: There’s a full bar within Café 52 that serves excellent cocktails. Every Thursday night there’s live music and free tapas.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Good buffet breakfast with a selection of hot dishes available between 8 am and 10.30 am; €23 per person.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service available.
Hôtel Grand Powers – Rooms
- Room Types: Superior • Deluxe • Deluxe Executive • Junior Suite • Elegant Junior Suite
- Smoking Rooms: Guests can smoke on balconies but not indoors.
- Best Room: The Elegant Junior Suite has the best views of the Eiffel Tower and is by the far the most spacious, however, it doesn’t have a balcony.
Hôtel Grand Powers – What’s Nearby?
- Paris Bike Tour – Awesome tour around the highlights of central Paris.
- Louvre Guided Tour – Skip-the-ticket-line and guided tour of the best musuem in Paris.
- Eiffel Tower and Seine Cruise Combo Tickets – Start with a skip-the-line ticket up the Eiffel Tower, then a short walk to the river, and a 1-hour cruise on the Seine.
- Chocolate and Pastry Tasting Tour – A great Paris walking tour of the high-end pastry and chocolate shops in Saint Germain. There’s also a similar Marais chocolate and pastry tour.
- Wine and Cheese Lunch – A fun and relaxed introduction to french wines (history, culture, and regional differences). If you want a more intimate experience (but a little more expensive), go with the private wine and cheese tour.
- Market Visit and Cooking Class with a Parisian Chef – Wonderful tour and class. Highly recommended.
- Paris Highlights: Eiffel Tower Summit, Louvre, Notre Dame, and River Cruise – Guided tour of the Eiffel Tower, river cruise, Louvre, Notre Dame, and central Paris. If you only have 1 or 2 days in Paris, this is a great way to see the top attractions.
- Versailles Guided Bike & Palace Tour – Super fun tour of the Versailles gardens (they’re huge and a bike tour is the only way to see it all) with picnic and skip-the-line tickets for the palace. This was my family’s favorite tour while in Paris. (There is also a wonderful small group tour of Versailles if you prefer a luxury air-conditioned coach.)
- Paris Day Trip: Loire Castles, Wine Tasting, and Lunch – Tour Chateau Chambord, Chateau Chenonceau, and Chateaux Nitray in the Loire valley. Amazing scenery.
Best Nearby Restaurants
- La Belle Ferronnière – Classic, large French corner bistro with plenty of sidewalk seating. 1-minute walk (50m).
- Bistro Marbeuf – Bustling bistro with classic food in a convenient location for shopping. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Restaurant Chez Andre – Traditional French Brasserie with crisp white tablecloths and an intimate, neighborhood feel. 2-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- L’Avenue – Popular, busy, international-inspired dishes and a good place to look for celebrities and people-watch. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Ginger – Beloved Indochina-inspired gem with indoor or patio seating and exquisite cocktails. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Le Boudoir – High-end patisserie that’s like a boutique of sweet style. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Substance – The best restaurant in the vicinity with gorgeous, modern décor and superb French gastronomy inspired by the chef’s Eastern French origins. 7-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- 86 Champs – Froufrou, elegant-modern patisserie serving amazing macarons. 8-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- Flora Danica – Danish brewery and restaurant, especially good for its Nordic style fish dishes. Lovely terrace seating in summer. 9-minute walk (0.4 mile).
- 24 Le Restaurant – Creative French gastronomy, very popular with locals. Service and food are excellent. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Mini Palais – Next to the Grand Palais, this is an elegant place for a meal or afternoon tea. 12-minute walk (0.6 mile).
Best Nearby Cafes
- Bert’s – Simple sandwiches, soups, and coffee are a nice change after eating rich food – light on the pocket book too. 1-minute walk (60m).
- Pret a Manger – Salads, espresso, breakfast sandwiches, and light meals to eat in or take-away. 1-minute walk (100m).
- Ladurée – Beautiful French Art de Vivre décor, amazing pastries, and a fabulous place for afternoon tea. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
Best Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Au Bureau – Friendly pub to stop aprés shopping for a beer and a burger. 2-minute walk (150m).
- Le Bar – Luxurious bar to see and be seen at the Four Seasons Hotel. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Gentlemen 1919 – Pass the barbershop to this dimly-lit cocktail bar that feels like a Speakeasy. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Nearby Clubs, Cinemas, and Live Music
- Crazy Horse – Paris’ premier cabaret bar. Nude dancers and burlesque. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Gaumont Champs-Elysées – Thirteen-screen cinema playing the latest blockbusters. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Theatre du Rond Point – Highly reputed theater with plays by living playwrights. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Hermes – One of the longer-running Parisian fashion designers is still hot as ever. 3-minute walk (0.1 mile).
- Dior – Modern French high fashion with a great showroom that’s always fun to browse. 4-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Givenchy – Find the latest pieces from the beloved Paris fashion house here. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- À la Mere de Famille – Paris’s oldest chocolate shop founded in 1761 – beautiful décor and delicious sweets. 5-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Chanel – Classic French style that never goes out of fashion. 5-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Saint Laurent – The quintessential haute couture Parisian design house. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Barbara Bui – Paris designer with Japanese influence. This is one of her 3 Paris boutiques selling clothes, shoes, and handbags. 6-minute walk (0.3 mile).
- Cartier – For jewelry that inevitably goes with all the haute couture you just bought. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Champs-Elysées – Paris’s most famous boulevard, choc-full of upscale shopping, restaurants, and cinemas. Many of Paris’s most important events take place here, including the finish of the Tour de France bicycle race. 3-minute walk (0.2 mile).
- Palais de la Decouverte – Science museum with permanent exhibits such as a glass man with colored veins and more showing the working of the human body, a planetarium, and a rat maze. Also lots of temporary exhibits. Great for kids. 9-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Grand Palais – A striking, grand, and ornate building housing exhibits, an event hall, and an art museum. During the 2024 Summer Olympics, the taekwondo and fencing events will be held here. 10-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Paris Museum of Modern Art – Stark yet beautiful building holding masterpieces from the 20th and 21st centuries. 11-minute walk (0.5 mile).
- Petit Palais – Another outrageous building, just across from the Grand Palais with a museum containing elegant sculptures and historical art. And what’s amazing about it is that it’s free. 14-minute walk (0.7 mile).
- Arc de Triomphe – One of the best known landmarks in the city. Wander over to admire it from below or buy a ticket to go to the top for views over Paris. 15-minute walk (0.7 mile).
Nearby Market or Grocery
Hôtel Grand Powers – The Hotel
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Amsterdam
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Barcelona
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Bath
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Budapest
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cambridge
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Cannes
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Copenhagen
- The Best Boutique Hotels in London
- The Best Boutique Hotels in Paris