• Location: Centrally located right on Avenue Montaigne, the epicenter of luxury shopping in Paris.
• Hotel website: dorchestercollection.com
• Hotel phone: +33 (0)1 53 67 66 65
• Check prices for Hôtel Plaza Athénée
For over a century, the Hôtel Plaza Athénée has defined the Parisian luxury hotel experience. One of Paris’s eight officially-designated “palace” hotels – a distinction given only to the most esteemed 5-star establishments, the Plaza Athenée exemplifies the crème de la crème of Parisian high life: from its location on genteel Avenue Montaigne to its Louis XVI and art deco-style rooms done in damask and silk, to its acclaimed (3-star Michelin) restaurant Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée, with its suspension of Swarovski crystals that float over the dining room. Its great central location makes for easy walks to some of Paris’ most iconic sights, including the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Grand Palais, and Tuileries Gardens.
Plaza Athénée – Location
Central 8th arrondissement location right on Avenue Montaigne, the epicenter of luxury shopping in Paris. Walkable to many of the best sights: Champs-Élysées, Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Grand Palais, and Paris Museum of Modern Art.
- Address: 25 Avenue Montaigne
- Nearest Metro: Alma-Marceau and Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Plaza Athénée – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Kids receive child-sized romes and slippers, as well as a teddy bear in the hotel’s signature red. There is an on-site ice rink in the winter, kid-centric activities like Easter egg hunts, a family concierge during common school holidays, and kids menus. There are many connecting rooms, and rollaway beds can be added for €100/night. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: One dog up to 13 lbs is allowed for an additional fee of €100 per stay, plus a one-time €100 cleaning fee. No cats.
- View: Great city views from many rooms of Avenue Montaigne and the Eiffel Tower. Many rooms overlook the hotel’s courtyard garden.
- Parking: Valet parking is available for €45/night.
- Nice Perks: Seasonal ice skating rink. Complimentary newspaper. In-room iPad control. Guerlain bath amenities. Packing and unpacking service available on request. Private tours of the hotel’s wine cellar that houses over 35,000 bottles of wine.
- When to Book: Book months in advance, especially for high travel periods of late spring through early fall, late December, and school holidays.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 (0)1 53 67 66 65
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: dorchestercollection.com
Plaza Athénée – Amenities
- Pool: No swimming pool.
- Spa: The Dior Institut au Plaza Athénée Spa has 5 treatment rooms (one double), a manicure/pedicure suite, steam room, sauna, and relaxation room; it offers face and body treatments, massage, and microabrasion. Open dailiy 10am to 8pm.
- Fitness Center: The spa’s excellent fitness center includes cardio machines, free weights, and a boxing machine. Personal training is available on request. The fitness center, sauna, and hammam are open to hotel guests from 7am to 10pm daily.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Royal Suite features private steam rooms and Jacuzzi tubs.
Plaza Athénée – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Plaza Athénée has 5 great restaurants. Jean Imbert at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée boasts a Michelin star and offers a menu centered around fish, vegetables, and grains in a stunning surrounding. • Le Relais Plaza is a traditional Parisian brasserie with monthly live music events. • La Galerie serves an elegant breakfast, brunch, and afternoon tea – to the accompaniment of live harp music. • La Cour Jardin is a charming outdoor courtyard that’s open seasonally for lunch and dinner. • La Terrasse Montaigne is an outdoor terrace restaurant that serves lunch and dinner right on posh Avenue Montaigne – open seasonally from March to October.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel bar has an elegant modern design, inspired cocktail menu, and often a live DJ. Open 6pm-2am.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served in a breakfast room of the main restaurant (or in your room) from 7-11am, or in La Galerie restaurant from 8-11:30am daily. Sunday brunch is served from 11:30am to 2:15pm.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service.
Plaza Athénée – Rooms
- Room Types: Classic Single Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Deluxe Room with Avenue Montaigne View • Junior Suite • Junior Suite with Avenue Montaigne View • Deluxe Junior Suite • Prestige Junior Suite • Superior Suite • Deluxe Suite • Prestige Suite • Presidential Suite • l’Appartement • Duplex • Eiffel Suite • Haute Couture Suite • Signature Eiffel Suite • Royal Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Non-smoking rooms available by request.
- Best Room: The Royal Suite includes 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 drawing rooms, office, kitchen, steam room & jacuzzi, and balconies that offer incredible views of avenue Montaigne and the Eiffel Tower.
Plaza Athénée – What’s Nearby?
- La Maison de la Truffe – French for truffle-lovers. Pair any entree with black, white, seasonal, or burgundy truffles – or go without if they’re not your thing.
- Restaurant Lasserre – Classic French Michelin-starred fine dining. Retractable roof for elegant evenings al fresco.
- La Belle Ferronniere – Classic Bistro with great people-watching from the sidewalk cafe tables.
- Le Cinq – 3-Michelin-starred modern French, located in the Four Seasons hotel. Amazing wine list; dress code.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées.
- Miss Ko – Sushi and Asian fusion, with fantastic Philippe Starck-designed interior.
- Le Chalet du 8eme – Excellent crepes in a cool cabin-like setting. Great vegetarian option.
- Le Laurent – 1-star Michelin housed within a former hunting lodge of Louis XIV, in the leafy Champs-Élysées gardens.
- Pierre Gagnaire – 3-star Michelin, contemporary French cooking, seafood heavy, dress code.
- Étude – French food with Japanese influences, minimalist décor, zen-like atmosphere. Good for vegetarians.
- L’Oiseau Blanc – Intimate French fine dining on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel. Amazing views.
- Baaga Burger – Casual high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris.
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended.
- Bar a Champagne – Champagne bar at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- Bugsy’s – Busy, American-style pub with large portions and a good beer selection.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc.
- Maison Fouquet – Amazing selection of luxury chocolates and sweets.
- Hermès – Luxury accessories; famous for silk scarves and its popular “Birkin” bag.
- Ladurée – Fancy pastries, and macarons to write home about.
- Point Plume – Luxury pens? Luxury pens.
- La Fromagerie – Excellent cheese shop near the Eiffel Tower.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Carrefour City – Small supermarket with a decent selection of fresh produce, gourmet snacks, wine, and liquor.
- Marché President Wilson – Lovely street market selling flowers, produce, cheese, fish, and roast chicken. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, from about 7am to 2:30pm.
- Pharmacie Anglo-Américaine – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Avenue Montaigne
- Crazy Horse Burlesque/Cabaret
- Yves Saint-Laurent Museum
- Paris Museum of Modern Art
- Grand Palais
- Palais de Tokyo
- Guimet Asian Arts Museum
- Quai Branly Museum
- Petit Palais
- Lido de Paris
- Le Trocadéro
- Eiffel Tower
- Arc de Triomphe
- Orangerie Museum
Plaza Athénée Paris – What’s Nearby?
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train