• Location: Excellent location in the heart of St Germain De Pres on Paris’ Left Bank.
• Hotel website: relais-christine.com
• Hotel phone: +33 1 40 51 60 80
• Check prices for Relais Christine
Relais Christine – A luxury boutique hotel located on a quiet side street in Saint Germain des Pres. A hidden gem, set inside a former abbey and accessed through a beautiful ivy-covered courtyard. Original details of the former abbey remain, such as vaulted cave ceilings in the breakfast room. In the morning, there’s homemade honey from bees that frequent the hotel’s garden. Rooms have been recently updated with patterned fabrics and walls that mix and matched to create a classic, yet vibrant, look. Lounge areas are more traditional, with painted portraits displayed and a cozy fireplace. The Relais Christine provides an oasis of calm in one of Paris’ most bustling neighborhoods, especially for those who book one of their popular garden suites – each with a private terrace that opens directly onto the hotel garden.
Relais Christine – Location
Excellent Left Bank location in the heart of St Germain De Pres. Set amid bustling shops, galleries, and restaurants, but tucked away on a quiet side street. The Louvre, Musee D’Orsay, and Notre Dame are all within easy walking distance from here; 5-minute walk to the Metro station of St Michel-Notre Dame.
- Address: 3 Rue Christine
- Nearest Metro: Odéon and Gare de Saint-Michel Notre Dame.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €60, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €65 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Relais Christine – The Basics
- Ages: Relais Christine is child-friendly. Cribs and highchairs are available on request. All children under 2 years stay free in a crib – maximum one crib per room. Two-level suites are great for families – some open onto a semi-private, grassy garden, and two suites have kitchens. Babysitting can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Up to two well-behaved dogs (no size limit) are allowed for no additional fee. There are two cats who live in the hotel.
- View: Garden, courtyard, or street views.
- Parking: Complimenary valet parking (private garage).
- Nice Perks: Complimentary bike and umbrella rental; Fiat 500 S convertable rental (at extra cost); Complimentary valet parking; Bluetooth speakers; Histoires de Parfums toiletries; In-room Nespresso machines; Electric vehicle charging stations; Hotel cats; Honesty bar in lobby.
- When to Book: Relais Christine’s 48 rooms and suites fill up fast; book months in advance, especially for high season.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +33 1 40 51 60 80
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: relais-christine.com
Relais Christine – Amenities
- Pool: No pool. There is a hot tub and sauna in the hotel spa, available to guests.
- Spa: Spa Guerlain is located in the 13th century vaults below the hotel, and features a jacuzzi, sauna, exercise room, and two private treatment rooms (one double). Facial and body treatments, massage, hand/foot treatments, waxing, pre-natal treatments. Open for hotel guests from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm – treatments can be booked outside of these hours for an additional charge. Book treatments in advance. Age 18+
- Fitness Center: Small fitness center in the underground vaulted spa with treadmill, stationary bike, weight machines, and free weights.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Relais Christine – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No hotel restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: Honesty bar in lobby, where guests can mix their own drinks.
- Breakfast: An excellent breakfast buffet (additional fee), snacks, and afternoon tea are offered in one of the hotel’s lounge areas.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service.
Relais Christine – Rooms
- Room Types: Cosy Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Duplex Junior Suite • Suite • Garden Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in guest rooms and outdoor areas. Non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Best Room: Garden Suites sleep 3, and open onto a semi-private grassy garden area.
Relais Christine – What’s Nearby?
- Mariage Frère – World-famous tea house/shop with over 800 varieties to choose from – and excellent food, too.
- Ze Kitchen Gallerie – Classic French with Asian ingredients, modern décor with a friendly vibe.
- Volver – Argentinian steakhouse. For meat-lovers, only.
- Le Procope – Beautiful brasserie on a quaint cobbled street; the oldest restaurant in Paris.
- Chez le Libanais – Lebanese/Mediterranean fare with great shawarma. Mostly take-away, as there are few tables.
- Desi Road – Unique Parisian take on Indian cuisine. Modern, fanciful decor.
- Semilla – Modern French, ingredient-driven menu, easy-going ambiance.
- Shu – Intimate underground restaurant seving excellent Japanese cuisine.
- Alcazar – Trendy and lively spot with a garden-like interior and balcony bar for live music and dancing.
- Ippudo Saint-Germain – Great ramen, reasonably priced.
- Le Balto – Good value, family-run neighborhood bistro.
- Maison Mulot – Excellent old-school Parisian patisserie and deli.
- Les Deux Magots – Historic hang-out of Hemingway and Sartre. Charming atmosphere, delicious croque monsieur.
- Café de Flore – Go there for the ambience and history (hangout of Picasso, Sartre, Hemingway, Capote, Camus, et al); the food is fine, but overpriced.
- Tour d’Argent – High end, Parisian fine dining for nearly two centuries. Michelin-starred.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le Cavern Club – Tiny underground dance club near Pont Neuf.
- Prescription Cocktail Club – Great cocktails at this hole-in-the-wall speakeasyish spot. No sign on the door – look for no. 23.
- The Highlander – Two-story pub with 80 whiskies and classic Scottish ales and stouts.
- Freddy’s – Elegant wine/tapas bar the Rue de Seine.
- L’Avant Comptoir – Casual wine bar with excellent small plates.
- Le Caveau de la Huchette – Classic underground jazz bar with excellent live music.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Maison Bremond 1830 – Great source for foodie gifts, especially from the South of France. Artisanal French olive oils, olive wood bowls and regional food specialties.
- Maison du Whisky – Hundreds of whiskeys and fine spirits from around the world.
- Arnaud Larher – Amazing pastries and chocolates, almost too pretty to eat.
- Maison Beaufrere – The most beautiful bouquets and flower arrangements in Paris. Inside the Marché Saint Germain.
- Shakespeare & Company – Legendary English language bookstore that was a favorite of Hemmingway, Ginsburg, and Burroughs.
- Patrick Roger – One of the best chocolate makers in France as well as a talented sculptor. His art gallery is upstairs.
- Marché aux Fleurs Reine Elizabeth II – Gorgeous flower market that sells birds on Sundays.
- Le BHV – nearly everything under one roof; hardware store, onsite cooking school, top fashion brands, hip clothing and accessories. Multiple styles and price points.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection, old school copper pans, professional grade knives, and unique gifts.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Rue de Buci – A Street chock full of a great variety of food vendors (meat, cheese, fruit, seafood, bread, vegetables), as well as patisseries, wine shops, and a supermarket.
- Marché St-Germain – Traditional street market with stalls selling quality fruit, vegetables, flowers, meat, and seafood.
- Citypharma – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products.
Nearby Attractions and Things to Do
- Pont Neuf
- Place Dauphine
- Boulevard St. Germain
- Church of St Germain-des-Prés
- Church of Sainte-Chapelle
- Île de la Cité
- Crypte Archéologique
- Odéon Théâtre de l’Europe
- The Louvre Museum
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Cluny Museum
- Luxembourg Gardens and Palace
- Musée D’Orsay
Relais Christine – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train