See Also: The Best Hotels in Paris
A luxury boutique hotel located on a quiet side street in Saint Germain des Pres, the Relais Christine is a hidden gem, set inside a former abbey and accessed through a beautiful ivy-covered courtyard. Original details of the former abbey remain, such as vaulted cave ceilings in the breakfast room. In the morning, there’s homemade honey from bees that frequent the hotel’s garden. Rooms have been recently updated with patterned fabrics and walls that mix and matched to create a classic, yet vibrant, look. Lounge areas are more traditional, with painted portraits displayed and a cozy fireplace. The Relais Christine provides an oasis of calm in one of Paris’ most bustling neighborhoods, especially for those who book one of their popular garden suites – each with a private terrace that opens directly onto the hotel garden.
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (five-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel Du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotels in Paris: Gardette Park (affordable hotel near the Marais) • Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Hotel WO • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Paris Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles Paris • Best Western Le Patio Saint Antoine • Le Marais – Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris • Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
Relais Christine – The Basics
- Location: Excellent Left Bank location in the heart of St Germain De Pres. Set amid bustling shops, galleries, and restaurants, but tucked away on a quiet side street. The Louvre, Musee D’Orsay, and Notre Dame are all within easy walking distance from here; 5-minute walk to the Metro station of St Michel-Notre Dame.
- Ages: Relais Christine is child-friendly. Cribs and highchairs are available on request. All children under 2 years stay free in a crib – maximum one crib per room. Two-level suites are great for families – some open onto a semi-private, grassy garden, and two suites have kitchens. Babysitting can be arranged through the concierge.
- Pet Policy: Up to two well-behaved dogs (no size limit) are allowed for no additional fee. There are two cats who live in the hotel.
- View: Garden, courtyard, or street views.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary WiFi.
- Parking: Complimenary valet parking (private garage).
- Nice Perks: Complimentary bike and umbrella rental; Fiat 500 S convertable rental (at extra cost); Complimentary valet parking; Bluetooth speakers; Histoires de Parfums toiletries; In-room Nespresso machines; Electric vehicle charging stations; Hotel cats; Honesty bar in lobby.
- Phone: +33 1 40 51 60 80
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Relais Christine’s 48 rooms and suites fill up fast; book months in advance, especially for high season.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Relais Christine – Amenities
- Pool: No pool. There is a hot tub and sauna in the hotel spa, available to guests.
- Spa: Spa Guerlain is located in the 13th century vaults below the hotel, and features a jacuzzi, sauna, exercise room, and two private treatment rooms (one double). Facial and body treatments, massage, hand/foot treatments, waxing, pre-natal treatments. Open for hotel guests from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm – treatments can be booked outside of these hours for an additional charge. Book treatments in advance. Age 18+
- Fitness Center: Small fitness center in the underground vaulted spa; treadmill, stationary bike, weight machines, free weights.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Relais Christine – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No hotel restaurant.
- Lounge/Bar: Honesty bar in lobby, where guests can mix their own drinks.
- Breakfast: An excellent breakfast buffet (additional fee), snacks, and afternoon tea are offered in one of the hotel’s lounge areas.
- Room Service: 24 hour room service.
Relais Christine – Rooms
- Room Types: Cosy Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Duplex Junior Suite • Suite • Garden Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Smoking is allowed in guest rooms and outdoor areas. Non-smoking rooms are available by request.
- Best Room: Garden Suites sleep 3, and open onto a semi-private grassy garden area.
Relais Christine – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours
- Paris 4-Hour Bike Tour – Half-day small group tour that explores hidden courtyards and ancient ruins in the Jewish Marais, Latin Quarter, and more. 5-minute walk to meeting point.
- Notre Dame – 1-hour guided tour of Gothic Notre Dame Cathedral. 12-minute walk to meeting point.
- The Louvre – Skip-the-line-tickets and guided tour. 13-minute walk to meeting point.
- 3-hour Chocolate & Pastry Tour – A great Paris walking tour of the high-end pastry and chocolate shops in Saint Germain. 14-minute walk to meeting point.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Mariage Frère – World-famous tea house/shop with over 800 varieties to choose from – and excellent food, too. 1-minute walk.
- Ze Kitchen Gallerie – Classic French with Asian ingredients, modern décor with a friendly vibe. 2-minute walk.
- Volver – Argentinian steakhouse. For meat-lovers, only. 2-minute walk.
- Le Procope – Beautiful brasserie on a quaint cobbled street; the oldest restaurant in Paris. 3-minute walk.
- Chez le Libanais – Lebanese/Mediterranean fare with great shawarma. Mostly take-away, as there are few tables. 3-minute walk.
- Desi Road – Unique Parisian take on Indian cuisine. Modern, fanciful decor. 3-minute walk.
- Semilla – Modern French, ingredient-driven menu, easy-going ambiance. 4-minute walk.
- Shu – Intimate underground restaurant seving excellent Japanese cuisine. 4-minute walk.
- Alcazar – Trendy and lively spot with a garden-like interior and balcony bar for live music and dancing. 4-minute walk.
- Ippudo Saint-Germain – Great ramen, reasonably priced. 4-minute walk.
- Le Balto – Good value, family-run neighborhood bistro. 5-minute walk.
- Maison Mulot – Excellent old-school Parisian patisserie and deli. 7-minute walk.
- Les Deux Magots – Historic hang-out of Hemingway and Sartre. Charming atmosphere, delicious croque monsieur. 9-minute walk
- Café de Flore – Go there for the ambience and history (hangout of Picasso, Sartre, Hemingway, Capote, Camus, et al); the food is fine, but overpriced. 10-minute walk.
- Tour d’Argent – High end, Parisian fine dining for nearly two centuries. Michelin-starred. 16-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Le Cavern Club – Tiny underground dance club near Pont Neuf. 2-minute walk.
- Prescription Cocktail Club – Great cocktails at this hole-in-the-wall speakeasyish spot. No sign on the door – look for no. 23. 5-minute walk.
- The Highlander – Two-story pub with 80 whiskies and classic Scottish ales and stouts. 4-minute walk.
- Freddy’s – Elegant wine/tapas bar the Rue de Seine. 4-minute walk.
- L’Avant Comptoir – Casual wine bar with excellent small plates. 8-minute walk.
- Le Caveau de la Huchette – Classic underground jazz bar with excellent live music. 8-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Maison Bremond 1830 – Great source for foodie gifts, especially from the South of France. Artisanal French olive oils, olive wood bowls and regional food specialties. 5-minute walk.
- Maison du Whisky – Hundreds of whiskeys and fine spirits from around the world. 6-minute walk.
- Arnaud Larher – Amazing pastries and chocolates, almost too pretty to eat. 7-minute walk.
- Maison Beaufrere – The most beautiful bouquets and flower arrangements in Paris. Inside the Marché Saint Germain. 8-minute walk.
- Shakespeare & Company – Legendary English language bookstore that was a favorite of Hemmingway, Ginsburg and Burroughs. 9-minute walk.
- Patrick Roger – One of the best chocolate makers in France as well as a talented sculptor. His art gallery is upstairs. 10-minute walk.
- Marché aux Fleurs Reine Elizabeth II – Gorgeous flower market that sells birds on Sundays. 10-minute walk.
- Le BHV – nearly everything under one roof; hardware store, onsite cooking school, top fashion brands, hip clothing and accessories. Multiple styles and price points. 17-minute walk.
- E. Dehillerin – Vast cookware selection; old school copper pans, professional grade knives, unique gifts. 18-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Rue de Buci – A Street chock full of a great variety of food vendors (meat, cheese, fruit, seafood, bread, vegetables), as well as patisseries, wine shops, and a supermarket. 4-minute walk.
- Marché St-Germain – Traditional street market with stalls selling quality fruit, vegetables, flowers, meat, and seafood. 8-minute walk.
- Citypharma – Pharmacy selling medications, first aid supplies, and French beauty products. 8-minute walk.
Nearby Attractions and Things to Do
- Pont Neuf – 5-minute walk.
- Place Dauphine – 6-minute walk.
- Boulevard St. Germain – 6-minute walk.
- Church of St Germain-des-Prés – 8-minute walk.
- Church of Sainte-Chapelle – 8-minute walk.
- Conciergerie – 8-minute walk.
- Île de la Cité – 9-minute walk.
- Crypte Archéologique – 9-minute walk.
- Odéon Théâtre de l’Europe – 9-minute walk.
- The Louvre Museum – 10-minute walk.
- Notre Dame Cathedral – 10-minute walk.
- Cluny Museum – 10-minute walk.
- Luxembourg Gardens and Palace – 10-minute walk.
- Musée D’Orsay – 18-minute walk.
- Panthéon – 18-minute walk.