A stay at the Saint James Paris is like vacationing in your own private chateau. Set away from the crowds within impeccably manicured gardens in the upscale 16th arrondissement, this 19th-century neoclassical estate is the city’s only chateau-hotel. Behind the austere façade is a place rich with warmth and whimsy. Accommodations include rooms, suites, and two cozy and elegant private villas. Villas are spread over 3 stories and like the rest of the hotel combine classical elegance with surprising details – like leopard print wallpaper or Scottish tartan. Somehow it all works and the effect is both stately and whimsical – striking without feeling too overdone. The most magical aspect of the chateau is in the garden: in homage to its former life as the first spot in Paris to launch hot air balloons, the outdoor breakfast area has three balloon shaped pergola inspired by the early Montgolfier creations that floated above the city.
Saint James Paris – The Basics
- Location: Located in a quiet residential neighborhood with wide leafy boulevards in the 16th arrondissement, near the Bois de Boulogne; 18-minute walk to the Trocadero or Arc de Triomphe, and 25-minute walk to the Champs-Élysées.
- Ages: All ages are welcome, though few special amenities are offered for children. Cribs are provided, and extra beds are free for kids under 12. Sunday brunch is complimentary for children under 4 years of age. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge. Kids may appreciate the hotel cat.
- Pet Policy: Two dogs of any size are allowed for a fee of €35 per pet, per night. There is a cat who lives in the hotel.
- View: Views of hotel gardens and grounds.
- Wi-Fi Internet: Complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Parking: Complimentary parking.
- Nice Perks: Bicycle loan. Electric vehicle charging stations and electric car rental available through the hotel. Guerlain bath amenities. In-room Nespresso machines.
- Phone: + (33) 1 44 05 81 81
- Email: [email protected]
- When To Book: Book months in advance, especially for the high travel seasons of April-September and December.
- How To Book: Booking.com will have the best rates. Use the website specific to your language, currency, and home-country for easiest use: UK • USA • Français • Deutsch • Nederlands.
Saint James Paris – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The Saint James Paris Spa uses Guerlain products and offers facial and body treatments, massage, nail services, and waxing. There are two treatment rooms and two steam rooms.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym, with weight and cardio machines, rowing machine, heavy bag, and stall bars. It’s as well-decorated as the rest of the hotel (with a chandelier even), so workouts feel fancy. Fitness training avialable on request.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Love Pavillion villa includes a private spa with double jacuzzi.
Saint James Paris – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Saint James Paris’ Michelin-starred restaurant (Le Restaurant) serves traditional French and European breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. Reservations are recommended for dinner.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel’s exquisite Library Bar specializes in cocktails, champagne, and fine spirits; crafted in an intimate setting surrounded by 12,000 books. Open to hotel guests from 9am-1am daily, and to the public from 7pm-1am daily.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served from 7am-10am in Le Restaurant.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Saint James Paris – Rooms
- Room Types: Boudoir Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Junior Suite • Suite • Prestige Suite • Love Pavillion (Villa) • Beautiful Sheets Pavillion (Villa) • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The Saint James Paris is a smoke-free hotel.
- Best Room: The Beautiful Sheets private villa sleeps three, and is situated over three levels. It features a lounge, office area, double bedroom with bathroom, games room with sofa bed, shower room, kitchenette, and private bar.
Saint James Paris – What’s Nearby?
Recommended Nearby Tours & Tickets
- Paris Bike Tour – Three hour guided bike tour of iconic Paris sights. 15-minute walk to tour starting point.
- Arc de Triomphe – Save time by purchasing a skip-the-line ticket in advance. 18-minute walk.
- Paris River Cruise – One-hour cruise down the Seine, with audio commentary. 27-minute walk to tour starting point.
- GetYourGuide.com – The best website for booking tours and tickets in Paris.
- Les Tablettes Jean-Louis Nomicos – 1 star Michelin, Mediterranean-inspired, bright and sunny space with a relaxed environment. 4-minute walk.
- Béchu – Considered by many to have the best pastries in the 16th. 6-minute walk.
- La Pâtisserie des Rêves – Fantastic French bakery, known for their Paris-Brest. (Take-out.) 8-minute walk.
- Baaga Burger – Casual high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro. 13-minute walk.
- L’Oiseau Blanc – Intimate French fine dining on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel. Amazing views. 16-minute walk.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch. 15-minute walk.
- Etude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans. 15-minute walk.
- Essaouira – Great Moroccan cuisine two blocks from the Trocadéro. 16-minute walk.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées. 22-minute walk.
- L’Astrance – Modern French with Asian accents, top 50 restaurants in the world 2015, jacket required. 24-minute walk.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Honest Lawyer – Irish-type pub with good beer and great food. 5-minute walk.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier. 11-minute walk.
- Frog XVI – Charming Parisian brewpub on Avenue Kléber. 14-minute walk.
- Terrasse de l’Hôtel Raphael – Exclusive rooftop terrace in the 16th with a panoramic view of both the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Drinks are pricey. Open May – September. 17-minute walk.
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended. 19-minute walk.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris. 24-minute walk.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Patrick Roger – Luxury chocolatier. Try the basil lemon chocolate. 11-minute walk.
- Librairie Lamartine – Books, stationery, and art supplies. 7-minute walk.
- Oxybul éveil et jeux – Quality French toys and games for kids. 7-minute walk.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc. 30-minute walk.
Nearby Market or Grocery
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Bois du Boulogne – 9-minute walk.
- Trocadéro – 16-minute walk.
- Arc de Triomphe – 18-minute walk.
- Palais de Chaillot – 18-minute walk.
- Louis Vuitton Foundation – 21-minute walk.
- Jardin d’Acclimatation – 21-minute walk.
- Marmottan Monet Museum – 23-minute walk.
- Champs Élysées – 25-minute walk.
- Eiffel Tower – 28-minute walk.