• Location: In a quiet residential neighborhood in the 16th arrondissement, near the Bois de Boulogne.
• Hotel website: saint-james-paris.com
• Hotel phone: + (33) 1 44 05 81 81
• Check prices for Saint James
A stay at the Saint James is like vacationing in your own private chateau. Set away from the crowds within impeccably manicured gardens in the upscale 16th arrondissement, this 19th-century neoclassical estate is the city’s only chateau-hotel. Behind the austere façade is a place rich with warmth and whimsy. Accommodations include rooms, suites, and two cozy and elegant private villas. Villas are spread over three stories and like the rest of the hotel, combine classical elegance with surprising details – like leopard print wallpaper or Scottish tartan. Somehow it all works and the effect is both stately and whimsical – striking without feeling too overdone. The most magical aspect of the chateau is in the garden: in homage to its former life as the first spot in Paris to launch hot air balloons, the outdoor breakfast area has three balloon shaped pergola inspired by the early Montgolfier creations that floated above the city.
Saint James – Location
Located in a quiet residential neighborhood with wide leafy boulevards in the 16th arrondissement, near the Bois de Boulogne; 18-minute walk to the Trocadero or Arc de Triomphe, and 25-minute walk to the Champs-Élysées.
- Address: 5 Place du Chancelier Adenauer
- Nearest Metro: Victor Hugo.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Paris are charged at a flat rate. Fare from Charles de Gaulle Airport is €55, fare from Orly Airport is €35.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €61 from CDG and €57 from Orly, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Saint James – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome, though few special amenities are offered for children. Cribs are provided, and extra beds are free for kids under 12. Sunday brunch is complimentary for children under 4 years of age. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge. Kids may appreciate the hotel cat.
- Pet Policy: Two dogs of any size are allowed for a fee of €35 per pet, per night. There is a cat who lives in the hotel.
- View: Views of hotel gardens and grounds.
- Parking: Complimentary parking.
- Nice Perks: Bicycle loan. Electric vehicle charging stations and electric car rental available through the hotel. Guerlain bath amenities. In-room Nespresso machines.
- When to Book: Book months in advance, especially for the high travel seasons of April-September and December.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: + (33) 1 44 05 81 81
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: saint-james-paris.com
Saint James – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: The Saint James Spa uses Guerlain products and offers facial and body treatments, massage, nail services, and waxing. There are 2 treatment rooms and 2 steam rooms.
- Fitness Center: Small but well-equipped gym, with weight and cardio machines, rowing machine, heavy bag, and stall bars. It’s as well-decorated as the rest of the hotel (with a chandelier even), so workouts feel fancy. Fitness training avialable on request.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: The Love Pavillion villa includes a private spa with double jacuzzi.
Saint James – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The Saint James Paris’ Michelin-starred Le Restaurant serves traditional French and European breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. Reservations are recommended for dinner.
- Lounge/Bar: The hotel’s exquisite Library Bar specializes in cocktails, champagne, and fine spirits; crafted in an intimate setting surrounded by 12,000 books. Open to hotel guests from 9am-1am daily, and to the public from 7pm-1am daily.
- Breakfast: Not complimentary. Served from 7am-10am in Le Restaurant.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours a day.
Saint James – Rooms
- Room Types: Boudoir Room • Superior Room • Deluxe Room • Junior Suite • Suite • Prestige Suite • Love Pavillion (Villa) • Beautiful Sheets Pavillion (Villa) • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: The Saint James Paris is a smoke-free hotel.
- Best Room: The Beautiful Sheets private villa sleeps 3 and is situated over 3 levels. It features a lounge, office area, double bedroom with bathroom, games room with sofa bed, shower room, kitchenette, and private bar.
Saint James – What’s Nearby?
- Les Tablettes Jean-Louis Nomicos – 1 star Michelin, Mediterranean-inspired, bright and sunny space with a relaxed environment.
- Béchu – Considered by many to have the best pastries in the 16th.
- Baaga Burger – Casual high-end burgers just north of the Trocadéro.
- L’Oiseau Blanc – Intimate French fine dining on the rooftop of the Peninsula hotel. Amazing views.
- Carette – Sweet tea house and patisserie, great for breakfast and lunch.
- Etude – Modern vegetable-centric fine dining – an excellent meal out for vegetarians and vegans.
- Essaouira – Great Moroccan cuisine two blocks from the Trocadéro.
- Maison Noura – Elegant Lebanese restaurant, one block from Champs-Élysées.
- L’Astrance – Modern French with Asian accents, top 50 restaurants in the world 2015, jacket required.
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Honest Lawyer – Irish-type pub with good beer and great food.
- Le Dokhan’s Bar – Paris’ oldest champagne bar has a fantastic selection and an exceptional sommelier.
- Frog XVI – Charming Parisian brewpub on Avenue Kléber.
- Terrasse de l’Hôtel Raphael – Exclusive rooftop terrace in the 16th with a panoramic view of both the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe. Drinks are pricey. Open May – September.
- Le Speakeasy – Popular jazz club/piano bar; also serves great food. Reservations recommended.
- Le Marta Paris – Chic cocktail bar in Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet’s Paris.
Nearby Shopping and Cool Shops
- Patrick Roger – Luxury chocolatier. Try the basil lemon chocolate.
- Librairie Lamartine – Books, stationery, and art supplies.
- Oxybul éveil et jeux – Quality French toys and games for kids.
- Avenue Montaigne – All the best luxury brands on one street: Chanel, Marni, Gucci, Céline, Jil Sander, Saint Laurent, Fendi, Chloé, Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Armani, Prada, etc.
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Monoprix – Supermarket/department store with food, clothing, hardware, and gifts. Open 8:30am-9:30pm daily.
- Pharmacie Braitman – Over-the-counter medications, first aid, and skin care products.
Nearby Attractions & Things to Do
- Bois de Boulogne
- Le Trocadéro
- Arc de Triomphe
- Louis Vuitton Foundation
- Jardin d’Acclimatation
- Marmottan Monet Museum
- Champs Élysées
- Eiffel Tower
Saint James – The Hotel
Paris Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris: Shangri-La (old world Paris charm) • Four Seasons George V (5-star luxury)
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris: Relais Christine (small romantic boutique) • Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal (great central location)
- Best Mid-range Hotel in Paris: Hotel Emile (trendy, central, and fun)
- Paris Hotels with Balcony: Mandarin Oriental • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le 12 • Hotel Residence Foch • Holiday Inn Notre Dame • Hotel Ekta Champs Elysées • The Peninsula (the garden suite is incredible)
- Paris Hotels with Pool: Le Bristol • Mandarin Oriental • Le Burgundy • Saint James Albany • Shangri-La • The Peninsula • Four Seasons
- Paris Hotels with Kitchen: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • La Clef Tour Eiffel • Splendide Royal • Residence Henri IV • Saint James Albany • Citadines Les Halles • Le Patio Bastille • Le Marais Hôtel De Ville
- Paris Hotels with Views of Eiffel Tower: Hotel Plaza Athenee • Pullman Tour Eiffel • Le Parisis • Hôtel Brighton • Shangri-La • Westin Vendôme
- Paris Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris for Families
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Cheap Hotels in Paris
- Paris Choice Hotels
- Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotels
- Paris Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Patisseries & Chocolatiers
- Paris with Kids
- Best Books about Paris
- Visiting Versailles from Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar Train