Home > San Francisco Family Hotels
Updated: October 15, 2020
• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
San Francisco Hotels for Families – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – the best site for booking hotels in San Francisco.
- The central downtown area of San Francisco (including the Embarcadero and North Beach) is the best place to stay for families visiting San Francisco – roughly the area north of Mission St. and east of Leavenworth.
- Best Luxury Hotel for Families in San Francisco: Palace Hotel (central location, nice pool).
- Best Mid-range Hotel for Families in San Francisco: Hotel del Sol (fun vibe, great neighborhood).
- Best Cheap Hotel for Families in San Francisco: The Herbert Hotel (great location, good value).
- Best Apartment Rental for Families in San Francisco: Fairmont Heritage Place at Ghirardelli Square. Two-bedroom apartments sleep 6, three-bedrooms sleep 8. Full kitchen, dining and living room, washer and dryer in unit. Great location.
The 11 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in San Francisco
1. Palace Hotel (luxury) – SoMa
A beautiful kid-friendly pool and jacuzzi are the highlights. Good sized rooms and a fantastic location half-way between the Ferry Terminal and Union Square, and steps from a BART and MUNI station make it nearly perfect.
2. The Four Seasons (luxury) – Union Square
A great location on Market Street. Beautifully decorated rooms with ample space. Greeting gift for young kids. No swimming pool but guests have access to the Marriott’s pool located a short walk out the Four Season’s side door. (There is a sports club on the ground floor of the Four Seasons with a junior olympic pool, but guests must be 16 and older to use these facilities.) The F-line streetcar, cable car, MUNI, and BART are just out the door.
3. Riu Plaza Fisherman’s Wharf (moderate) – Fisherman’s Wharf
4. Handlery Union Square (moderate) – Union Square
5. Hotel del Sol (moderate) – The Marina
Kids love this fun and brightly colored hotel. Heated outdoor pool. Free continental breakfast. Fun things for kids include cookies, milk, cocoa, dvds, library, and pool toys. Many good kid-friendly restaurants within a short walk.
6. Best Western Corte Madera (moderate) – Marin
Huge family suites can sleep a family of 6. Deluxe rooms are smaller (and cheaper) and fine for a family of 4. Large heated outdoor pool, 2 jacuzzis, fire pit, and free breakfast. The hotel is located across the Golden Gate bridge from San Francisco. If you’re interested in the outdoor activities of beautiful Marin County or just want to enjoy a quiet spot outside the city this a great hotel and much cheaper than staying in the San Francisco.
More Hotels for Families
- The Huntington Hotel (Nob Hill, luxury)
Junior and one bedroom suites.
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square (Downtown, luxury)
Junior and double rooms fit a family of 5.
- Hotel Union Square (Downtown, moderate)
A fun kids’ suite is available.
- Nob Hill Motor Inn (Tenderloin/Van Ness, budget)
Deluxe Junior and Family suites fit up to 8.
- The Herbert Hotel (Downtown, budget)
Junior suites can spleep a family of 5.
Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Best Hotels in San Francisco
- Best Budget Hotels in San Francisco
- Best Choice Hotels in San Francisco
- Best Hotels with Pools in San Francisco
- Where to Stay in San Francisco
- San Francisco with Kids
- Best Time to Visit San Francisco
- California with Kids
- Best Time to Visit California
- Best Hotels for Families in Los Angeles
- Best Hotels in Palm Springs
- Best Hotels for Families in Palm Springs
- Best Budget Hotels in Palm Springs
- Best Hotels in San Diego
- Best Hotels for Families in San Diego
- Best Choice Hotels in San Diego
- Best Cheap Hotels in San Diego
- Best Time to Visit San Diego
- Best Hotels for Families in Santa Barbara
- Best Places in Santa Barbara