SD › Airport Hotels › Vancouver Airport Hotels
Updated: May 3, 2022
• Where to Stay in Vancouver
• Best Hotels in Vancouver
• Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
Hotels on Map: 1. Fairmont Vancouver Airport • 2. Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport • 3. Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport • 4. Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport • 5. Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport-Richmond • 6. Pacific Gateway Hotel • 7. Hampton Inn – Vancouver Airport/Richmond • 8. Best Western Plus Vancouver Airport Hotel
Vancouver Airport – Best Places To Stay
- The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is one of the best airport hotels I’ve ever stayed in. Highly recommended.
- Hotels in Terminal: Fairmont Vancouver Airport – the only hotel within the airport terminal, every other hotel is at least 3 km from the airport.
- Hotels near Airport with Free Shuttle: All hotels below offer free on-call shuttle services both ways. Passengers are required to walk to the Departures Level 3 of either the Domestic or the International terminal and call their hotel from there. If arriving at the South Terminal, catch a free airport shuttle to the YVR main terminal level 3, and request hotel shuttle pick up from there.
- Rentalcars.com – reserve cars in advance for pick up at the Vancouver airport, steps from the domestic terminal (and a 5 minute indoor walk from the international terminal).
The 8 Best Hotels near Vancouver International Airport
1. Fairmont Vancouver Airport – Luxury
• Best Vancouver Airport hotel for layover or short stay.
• Luxurious, pet-friendly hotel just steps from the airport gate, with an Airport Chauffeur on a golf cart available for hotel guests.
• Shuttle services and BMW transfers available within Sea Island; valet parking (chargeable) offered within the airport.
• Splendid and spacious family-friendly rooms with soundproofing, blackout curtains, comfortable beds, mini bars, tea/coffee facilities, and bathrooms with bathtubs; jacuzzis in Signature rooms; connecting rooms possible.
• Add-ons include Deluxe Rooms with 10am check-in, excellent buffet breakfast included in some rates, and day bookings for 4/6/8 hours.
• Fine dining at on-site restaurant and lounge focused on sustainable, locally-sourced ingredients; Afternoon Tea service, children’s menu, and room service (6am-midnight); kids under 5 eat free when dining with an adult.
• Excellent spa with a wide selection of treatments and massages and fully-equipped modern fitness center with an indoor mechanized lap pool, hot tub, and children’s pool.
• Extras include self-service airline check-in kiosk in the hotel lobby, laundry and dry-cleaning services, complimentary BMW bicycle rentals, and chef-prepared picnic kits.
• A special complimentary Fish Valet to store boxed fish in freezers for guests returning from BC’s fishing lodges.
• Full service business center, front desk, concierge, and clothes press are available 24 hours.
• There are several gift shops, convenience stores, cafes, and bars in both the airport terminals, and access to the Skytrain to downtown (30 minutes) and Richmond (18 minutes).
Fairmont Gold adds the following luxury amenities:
• Gold Rooms situated on the 14th floor with excellent runway views, free wi-fi, a plane-spotting guide and scope in each room, complimentary access to the FastTrack Lane at the airport to bypass check-in and security lines, and an option to book the Jade Suite with complimentary wellness packages.
• 24-hour Gold Lounge access with free continental breakfast, free snacks round the clock, and an honesty bar.
2. Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport – Luxury
• Convenient and modern upscale hotel 5km (less than 10 minutes) from the airport, with complimentary airport shuttle both ways (including from South Terminal – call hotel directly on 604-276-8181) and free on-site parking.
• Aberdeen Skytrain station is right across the street for connections to the airport, downtown, and Richmond.
• Comfortable rooms with plush interiors, blackout shades, soundproofing, tea-coffee facilities, and mini bars; breakfast can be included in some room rates.
• Business Class rooms offer free breakfast and 1 free drink every evening, and Apartments feature full kitchens.
• Italian fine dining at Mozza Restaurant & Lounge, open from 6.30am-midnight, with happy hour in the evening.
• Amenities include heated indoor pool, hot tub, large well-equipped fitness center, 24-hour self-service airline check-in kiosk, business center, concierge, and 24-hour front desk.
• There are several dining and shopping options within walking distance of the hotel.
3. Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport – Luxury
• 4-star pet-friendly hotel located 4km (less than 10 minutes) from the airport, with free shuttle service and valet parking.
• Modern rooms are soundproof and spacious, and feature blackout curtains, tea/coffee facilities, complimentary bottled water, and separate bathtubs and showers in the bathrooms.
• Club rooms and suites are on higher floors and have Club Lounge access with free breakfast, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, and Starbucks coffee.
• The Apron Restaurant & Bar (6am-9pm) serves contemporary Canadian cuisine and good breakfast buffet (chargeable); 24-hour room service.
• Indoor pool, hot tub, 24/7 modern fitness center with a great view, full-service business center, concierge, and 24/7 front desk.
• There are several restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance of the hotel, and the Aberdeen and Bridgeport Skytrain Stations are nearby (1km, 10-minute walk).
4. Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport – Budget
• Good value hotel just 4km (5 minutes) from the airport with free shuttle (4.30am-12.30am) and free on-site parking.
• Cozy rooms feature free wi-fi, free local calls, free newspapers, soundproofing, blackout shades, good beds, mini refrigerators, coffee machines, and bathtub-shower combos.
• Free breakfast starts at 5.30am.
• Front desk is serviced 24 hours, and there is a small business center.
• Bridgeport Station (500m, 5-minute walk) offers quick Skytrain connections to the airport, downtown, and Richmond.
• Several restaurants, shops, and grocery stores, and the River Rock Casino (with good restaurants and a buffet) are within walking distance.
5. Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport-Richmond – Budget
• Nice budget hotel 5km (less than 10 minutes) from the airport with free airport shuttle and on-site parking (for a fee).
• The soundproof, family-friendly rooms feature blackout curtains, mini refrigerators, Keurig coffee machines, microwaves, free newspapers, free wi-fi, and bathtubs in the bathrooms.
• Some King Rooms feature small jacuzzis; connecting rooms are available.
• Free hot breakfast (6-10am) is included in all rates, and coffee is available in the lobby through the day.
• Modern fitness center (5am-11pm), business center, coin laundry, concierge, and 24-hour front desk complete the stay.
• Bridgeport Skytrain Station and River Rock Casino are 750m (10-minute walk) away, and there are many dining and shopping options in the neighborhood.
6. Pacific Gateway Hotel – Moderate
• Good, mid-range, pet-friendly hotel just 2.5km (5 minutes) from the airport with free 24/7 shuttle and valet parking (chargeable + 2 Tesla chargers).
• The contemporary rooms are soundproof and very comfortable, with blackout shades, tea/coffee facilities, and free high-speed wi-fi.
• 3 good dining options: Coffee Bar (5am-4pm), Lobby Restaurant & Bar (breakfast is served here), and The Deck Kitchen + Bar (outdoor seating with great views).
• For fitness, there’s a large, well-equipped, 24/7 fitness center with great views, and a seasonal heated outdoor pool with pool deck.
• Self-service check-in kiosks in the lobby, 24/7 full-service business center, free fish storage freezers, gift shop, bike rentals, concierge, and 24-hour front desk.
• There are 4 shuttles daily to the nearby McArthurGlen Designer Outlets mall; reservations required.
• Closest restaurants and shops are across the Moray Bridge (800m, 10-minute walk), at MacArthurGlen mall, or in the airport terminals.
7. Hampton Inn – Vancouver Airport/Richmond – Budget
• Budget hotel 4km (5 minutes) from the airport, with free shuttle (first shuttle at 4am) and free on-site parking.
• Modern rooms come with soundproofing, blackout curtains, free wi-fi, comfortable beds, mini fridges, microwaves, tea/coffee facilities, and Neutrogena toiletries in the bathrooms; connecting rooms are available.
• Good breakfast buffet (6-10am) is included in all rates.
• There is a small but functional fitness center and the front desk is manned 24/7.
• Skytrain connections to the airport, downtown, and Richmond can be availed from Bridgeport Station (500m, 5-minute walk).
• Lots of restaurants, shops, and grocery marts, as well as the River Rock Casino (with good restaurants and a buffet) are within walking distance.
8. Best Western Plus Vancouver Airport Hotel – Budget
• Good value hotel 5 minutes (4km) from the airport, with free 24-hour shuttle both ways and on-site parking (chargeable).
• The spacious rooms are newly renovated and soundproof, with blackout curtains, mini fridges, tea/coffee facilities, laptop-sized safes, and free wi-fi; Premium rooms and suites have microwaves and bathrobes as well.
• Dining options include a full service restaurant (7.30am-9pm) and room service (6.45am-8.30pm).
• Small but functional fitness center (6am-9pm), 2 computer stations in the lobby, and 24-hour front desk.
• McArthurGlen Designer Outlets mall, Bridgeport Skyway Station, and downtown Richmond are 3km (10-minute drive) away.
• Bus stop for connection to downtown Vancouver is steps away; a few dining and shopping options are within walking distance.
- Best Hotels in Vancouver
- Best Hotels for Families in Vancouver
- Best Budget Hotels in Vancouver
- Vancouver with Kids
- Best Time to Visit Vancouver
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter