Greek Cooking Classes
- Naxian food is reknown throughout Greece. There are several great cooking classes on the island. But they’re very popular so book early.
- Half-Day Cooking Class at Basiliko Family Tavern – The best cooking lesson on Naxos. Learn local dishes at a small inland village. If this one is fully booked then try the also-great Greek Cooking Class & Dinner.
1. To Elliniko – Naxos Town
Traditional Greek food in a relaxing setting. When you ask locals where to eat in Naxos, they’ll usually say To Elliniko.
2. Boulamatsis – Naxos Town
The focus is on local Naxos food and dishes. There’s a view of the port and not many tables so reservations are essential.
3. Nostimon Hellas – Naxos Town
Trendy spot with modern Greek dishes and great wine.
4. To Spitiko – Naxos Town
The best gyros in Naxos.
5. Traditional Family Tavern Giannoulis – Agios Prokopios
They don’t take reservations so get here early or be prepared to wait. But it’s all part of the fun at this charming local taverna.
6. Patatosporos – Agia Anna Beach
Idyllic location on the beach and superb seafood dishes.
7. Taverna Giannis – Chalki
The meat is roasted over charcoals just opposite the patio tables. Great local dishes too. This is a wonderful place to eat if you want good traditional food in one of the small inland villages.