Updated: October 22, 2018
Naxos Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – the best website for booking hotels in Naxos.
- Naxos is a wonderful island – one of my favorites – and has a bit of everything: Great beaches, incredible food, lots of history, enchanting greek villages, wonderful hikes, and even a little nightlife (but nothing crazy).
- I recommend staying in Naxos Town. Explore the beaches and inland villages through the day but stay in Naxos Town (Chora) at night. Lots of great restaurants, cafes, and a few low-key bars in Naxos Town.
- The beach closest to Naxos Town is St Georgios which has good sand and is very kid-friendly due to its gentle slope and calm waters. As you move south the beaches get quieter and the sand nicer. A few of the best beaches on Naxos are Agia Anna, Agios Prokopios, Plaka, and Mikri Vigla.
- Best Hotels in Naxos: Nissaki Beach Hotel • Hotel Grotta.
- Best Cheap Hotels in Naxos: Xenia Hotel Naxos • Pension Irene 2.
- The best restaurants in Naxos Town are Nostimon Hellas, To Elliniko, and Boulamatsis. Naxos doesn’t have much nightlife but Naxos Town has a few fun bars that stay open a little past midnight (walk the lanes closest to the port in Naxos Town and they’re easy to spot).
The 15 Best Hotels in Naxos
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 6 to 8 months in advance to get the best rooms and rates.
1. Nissaki Beach Hotel – Naxos Town
The most luxurious hotel on the island. Family rooms and 1-bedroom suites are huge. Nice pool, free wifi, great breakfasts (the best I had on Naxos). Steps from the beach (and several beach restaurants) and a 5 minute walk into town. Hotel phone: +30 22850 25710
2. Hotel Grotta – Naxos Town
Great place with lots of character. An easy walk to the town (restaurants and shops), bus station, and ferry port but a good 15 minutes to the town beach. If you want friendly this is the place. Hotel phone: +30 2285-022001
3. Naxos Resort Beach Hotel – Naxos Town
4. Galaxy Hotel – Naxos Town
Just around the corner from the Naxos Resort Beach Hotel, the Galaxy is a little fancier and a little more expensive. Great pool and large triple and quadruple rooms. 1 minute to the beach. Hotel phone: +30 2285 022422
5. Xenia Hotel – Naxos Town
Modern and newly renovated hotel in the heart of the Chora and a short walk from the ferry port. The singles and double are great value while the large quadruples are good for families. Hotel phone: +30 22850 25068
6. Iria Beach Art Hotel – Agia Anna Beach
If you want an idyllic beach vacation with a hotel steps from the sea then this is the place to stay on Naxos. The hotel has a friendly boutique feel and there are superior and family suites that sleep four. As well as being on Agia Anna beach, Agios Prokopios is a 10 minute walk in one direction and Plaka Beach 10 minutes in the other direction. Many restaurants and bars nearby. Hotel phone: +30 2285 042600
7. Naxos Island Hotel – Agios Prokopios Beach
Super-friendly small hotel (almost boutique) just a 3 minute walk from the beach. Small rooftop pool and deck. Free breakfast is served every morning on the rooftop with nice views. Some rooms have private jacuzzis and there are interconnected rooms for families of four. Hotel phone: +30 2285 044100
8. Agios Prokopios Hotel – Agios Prokopios Beach
The highlight here is the big beautiful pool. Rooms are simple, clean, and good value. It’s a short walk to the beach and restaurants. Triple and quadruple rooms available. Hotel phone: +30 2285 042560
9. Naxian Collection Villas – Agios Prokopios
Nice luxury villas great for honeymooners (who want a bit of solitude) or big groups (who want a large villa). The suites share a pool with their neighbors, the villas have a private pool. 2-bedroom villas sleep 4, 4-bedroom villas sleep 8. Only con is that it’s a 15 minute walk to the beach and beach restaurants, and a bus ride into Naxos Town. On the other hand, you’re closer to the wonderful quiet beaches along Naxos’s southwestern coast. Hotel phone: +30 22850 24300
10. Lagos Mare – Agios Prokopios
11. Belogna Ikons Villas – Vivlos
Wonderful villas and suites (some quite large) up in the Naxos hills. Full kitchens and a beautiful pool. Great for families or large groups but you will need a rental car. Hotel phone: +30 2285 042233
12. Kalergis Studios – Naxos Town
13. Medusa Resort – Plaka Beach
14. Porto Naxos Hotel – Naxos Town
This would not be my first choice (it’s located on a busy road and is a bit of a walk to both the beach and town) but if you can’t find a hotel with space it’s a good compromise. Nice pool and some large rooms. A good choice if you have a rental car or plan to explore the beaches down the coast (the bus stops just outside the hotel and there’s plenty of parking). Hotel phone: +30 22850 23970
15. Spiros Hotel – Naxos Town
Family Villas and Apartments in Naxos
Apartment rentals for families in Naxos. All units have kitchens or kitchenettes. Most have washer/dryer.
- Santa Katerina Apartments & Studios – Naxos Town
Recently refurbished units with kitchens, dining room, and living room. Not on the beach but a short walk gets you there or into Naxos Town. The Two-bedroom Grand Suite sleeps family of 5, most of the other units sleep 4. (Pictured above.)
- Galazia Studios – Naxos Town
Cheap 1 and 2-bedroom apartments close to town and beach.
- Iliada Villas – Agios Prokopios
Beautiful 1, 2, and 4-bedroom apartments sleep four to ten people. Nice pool and a 10 minute walk to the beach.
- Sunday Studios – Agia Anna Beach
1 and 2-bedroom apartments sleep 4. Close to beach, restaurants, and supermarket.
- Blue Harmony Apartments – Plaka Beach
Quiet and secluded 2-bedroom apartment (the “family apartment”) has 1 queen bed, 2 sofa beds, and sleeps 5. Short distance to bust stop (for Naxos Town) and peaceful and beautiful Plaka beach – but perhaps too isolated for some.
Where should I stay on Naxos?
Naxos Town is one of the most charming towns on the Greek islands and makes an excellent base for exploring the island. The bus service on Naxos is excellent so you don’t need to rent a car if you don’t want to. Naxos Town is the hub of the island’s bus network so staying here allows you to get anywhere on the island without changing buses. Naxos Town is also where the ferries arrive and depart. Many hotels are walking distance from the port though taxis are available if you have a lot of luggage.
When is the best time to visit Naxos?
The weather on Naxos is perfect from late May until early October (the water is at its warmest in July, August, and early September). The busiest time on Naxos is from early July until late August but Naxos never feels overwhelmed by tourists like some other islands. It’s large enough to absorb the crowds without feeling crazy busy.
When should I book hotels in Naxos?
The best hotels are fully booked for the July and August by March or April. You should always be able to find a hotel but you might have to compromise on location and amenities. Outside of the peak season showing up without a reservation is not a problem – though you’ll still probably find better rates by booking online.
What are the best beaches on Naxos?
The best beaches on Naxos are St Georgios Beach, Agios Prokopios, Agia Anna, Plaka, and Mikri Vigla. All these beaches are easy to reach from Naxos Town. It’s a 5 minute walk from Naxos Town to St Georgios Beach and a 15 to 30 minute bus ride from Naxos Town to the rest. When it’s windy on Naxos the winds tend to come from the north making these beaches on the southwest side of the island protected from the worst of the wind.
#1 on Map: St Georgios Beach
#2 on Map: Agios Prokopios Beach
#3 on Map: Agia Anna Beach
#4 on Map: Plaka Beach
#5 on Map: Mikri Vigla Beach