Updated: August 6, 2018
When is the best time to go to Thailand?
The best time to travel to Thailand is between late November and early April when there is lots of sun and little rain. If swimming and sunbathing on Thailand’s best beaches are your main interests then visit from January to April. For tours and sightseeing the best months are December, January, and February. For scuba diving, the best times are different for the east and west coasts.
Thailand – When To Visit
- Best Time for Great Weather: January to April
- Best Time for Good Weather: December to August
- Best Time for Diving: November to April (west coast), May to August (east coast)
- Best Time for Surfing: April to October (only west coast)
- Best Time for Sightseeing: November to February
- Best Time for Honeymoon: January to April
- Best Time for Nightlife: December and January
- Best Time for Saving Money: May to September
- Best Time for Beaches (Phuket Coast): late November to April
- Best Time for Beaches (Koh Samui Coast): late December to May
- Best Time for Chaing Mai (Northern Thailand): November to February
- Best Time for Bangkok: November to March