• Affiliate Disclosure: Booking.com is my favorite website for booking hotels (and yes, it’s the site I always use when reserving a room). It’s safe, easy to use, and consistently has great rates. All links to Booking on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation to the wonderful non-profit GiveDirectly. Read more about my charitable giving here.
See Also: The Best Santorini Hotels
Cheap Santorini Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Booking.com – the best site (and best prices) for booking Santorini hotels.
- Santorini is an expensive island and cheap hotels are hard to find – but not impossible. Book early to get the best deals.
- Best Budget Hotels in Santorini:
• San Giorgio Hotel (Fira)
• Kavalari Hotel (Fira)
• Ampelonas Apartments (Imerovigli)
• Agnadi Villa (walking distance to Oia)
• Villa Maria Damigou (Firostefani)
- I’ve never stayed in a bad hotel on Santorini. I can’t vouch for every hotel but old dirty hotels with a shower that doesn’t work are almost unheard of on Santorini.
- The Santorini Hostel in Fira is a good place to stay to save money. It has a nice pool and is a 5 minute walk from central Fira and the bus station. It’s the only hostel in Santorini.
- The best way to save money in Santorini is to book a hotel without a caldera view. Typically, adding a caldera view will increase the price by 50% to 100%.
- The hotels listed below are not the absolute cheapest but the best mix of affordability, quality, and location.
- To save money on food, buy your breakfast (yogurt, bread, and cheese) from a market, eat a gyro for lunch (Lucky’s in Fira and Pitogyros in Oia are the best), and go for dinner at a restaurant without a caldera view.
On This Page
Cheap Hotels in Fira
A great cheap hotel a 1 minute walk from the main strip and club scene, and 3 minutes from the caldera or bus station. Clean simple rooms, free coffee, cake, and juice in the morning. Super friendly staff. Email the hotel the day before your arrival ([email protected]) and they’ll pick you up for free from the airport or ferry. Hotel phone: +30 22860-23516
It does not get any more central than this. If you put an arrow in the center of Fira this hotel would be it. The main alley for bars and clubs is 10 seconds in one direction. Views of the caldera are 10 seconds in the other direction. Surrounded by shops and restaurants. Rooms are simple but bright and clean. Hotel phone: +30 2286 022157
Wonderful views. Some rooms are simple and inexpensive, others are larger and more expensive. Not “cheap” by most standards but one of the cheapest hotels with good caldera views. Hotel phone: +30 2286 022324
An easy 5 minute walk to central Fira. Nice pool and deck with views towards the sunrise. Triple rooms have 3 single beds, quadruple rooms have 4 single beds. Hotel phone: +30 2286 022546
Very central location. Clean, simple rooms. Hotel phone: +30 2286 022573
Warm, friendly owners. Free transport to and from the airport or ferry port. Affordable 2-bedroom apartments sleep 6 and are great for families. It’s a 10 minute walk into central Fira (ask about the donkey-trail short cut to avoid walking on the busy road). Hotel phone: +30 2286 025632
Cheap hotel close to Fira center. One of the few covered pools on Santorini. Hotel phone: +30 22860 23473
Inexpensive hotel with a great location near central Fira. No breakfast. Quadruple rooms available. Hotel phone: +30 2286 023220
Steps from the main strip of Fira (can be noisy from the clubs). Free breakfast. Hotel phone: +30 22860 23114
Luxury at a modest rate. Nice pool and great location. Views of the sea (but not the caldera). Recently refurbished and looking very polished. Hotel phone: +30 2286 028130
Nice pool, views of the sea (but not the caldera). Free breakfast. A good 15 minute walk from Fira but this is as cheap as hotels get in Santorini. Hotel phone: +30 2286 025357
Cheap Hotels in Oia
Great little hotel with a good-sized pool and views out over the east side of the island (not the caldera but beautiful nonetheless). It’s located in the nearby village of Finikia. A 5 minute walk along the sidewalk gets you to the Oia footpath that runs by all the luxury hotels (it’s another 10 minutes to central Oia). Triples and quadruples are great for families. Free breakfast. Hotel phone: 30 22860-71647
10 minutes from the center of Oia. Some rooms have views, some don’t. Beautiful location. Hotel phone: +30 2286 071381
Nice pool with views of the sea (not caldera). Small kitchenettes. Steps to bus stop, 5 minutes to caldera. Hotel phone: +30 22860 71221
In Finikia village, a 15 minute walk to Oia. Nice pool. Simple breakfast included. Hotel phone: +30 2286 071373
Great mid-range hotel in Oia. Free breakfast, beautiful pool. One bedroom apartment and private villa available. Hotel phone: +30 2286 041309
Great views. Free breakfast. The cave houses sleep 4 to 6 guests and are good value though wouldn’t call this “budget accommodations”. Hotel phone: +30 2286 071704
Cheap Hotels in Imerovigli
A spacious moderately-priced hotel in Imerovigli. Views are partly blocked by hotels on the opposite side of the foot path but the spot is nevertheless magical. Several good restaurants are a short walk away. Hotel phone: +30 22860 23282
Wonderful little place in central Imerovigli. Owners and staff are super friendly and helpful. Small pool is nice but since it doesn’t get much sun is a little chilly. Hotel phone: +30 2286 025950
Cheap Hotels in Firostefani
Small hotel with a nice pool. Located directly on the foot path from Fira. No caldera views but a handful of restaurants with stunning views are steps away. Hotel phone: +30 22860-22802
Great views from some rooms. 15 minute walk to Fira. Free breakfast. Hotel phone: +30 2286 033150
Owned by a very friendly greek family. Easy walk to caldera view, restaurants, and a bakery. Clean, simple rooms. Hotel phone: +30 2286 023882
Simple rooms, some with view. Large private villa that’s closer to Imerovigli is also available. Hotel phone: +30 2286 023173
Pool and sun deck have a view of the caldera. Large suites sleep 4 or 5 guests. Free breakfast. Hotel phone: +30 2286 022519
Cheap Hotels in Kamari, Perissa, & Perivolos
Narkissos Hotel – Kamari
Basic clean rooms. Close to beach, restaurants, bars. Free breakfast. Hotel phone: +30 21 0923 6760
Hotel Matina – Kamari
Friendly family-owned hotel. Large pool and short walk to beach, restaurants. Free breakfast. Hotel phone: +30 2286 031491
Drossos Hotel – Kamari
Very cheap hotel with pool. 5 drive to beach. Restaurants nearby. Hotel phone: +30 2286 081639
Anny Studios – Perissa Beach
Close to the beach, nice pool, small kitchenettes. Free transfer to and from airport and ferry port. Hotel phone: +30 2286 031627
Stelios Place – Perissa
Nice pool, close to the beach. Communal kitchen. Free transport for ferry port and airport. Hotel phone: +30 22860 81860
A hostel/hotel in a great location a five-minute walk from Perissa beach. Great rates on doubles, triples, quadruples, and single beds in dorm-style rooms. Friendly staff and owner.
Cheap Santorini Hotels with Caldera Views
The best moderately-priced hotels with caldera views.
Not all rooms have views but the ones that do are great and the ones that don’t are very well priced. Free breakfast delivered to your room every morning. Firostefani restaurants are a short walk away and Fira is another 10 minutes beyond that. Hotel phone: +30 22860-23725
Top Travel Sites for Santorini – My Recommendations
Best For Ferries: Ferryhopper.com
The easiest way to book and buy Greek ferry tickets in advance.
Best For Flights: Kayak.com • Skyscanner • Momondo
Kayak is the easiest to use. Skyscanner finds the cheapest rates. Momondo is the best for first and business class tickets.
Best For Renting A Car: Rentalcars.com
Great prices from all the biggest rental companies. Easy to use, safe, and reliable.
Best For Hotels: Booking.com
Awesome rates and great for vacation planning. All price ranges. Luxury hotels, 5-star boutiques, cheap hostels, house and apartment rentals.
Best For Tours: GetYourGuide.com
My favorite for booking tours and private tour guides.
Best for Travel Insurance: InsureMyTrip
Compare costs from over 30 insurance providers.