Coco-Mat Hotel Athens is a stylish and modern great-value-for-money hotel.
Brought to you by the same people who produce some of Europe’s best mattresses – in fact, there’s a furniture shop adjacent to reception. Comfortable beds here are a given; Coco-Mat Hotel also offers free breakfast, a 24-hour honesty bar for drinks and snacks, computers for guest use, a funky rooftop patio with herb garden and great views, and cool wooden bicycles for guests to use free of charge. Accommodations range from cozy doubles to suites that sleep four; all have stylish furnishings and modern bathrooms. Located amid the fine shops, excellent restaurants and bars, and world-class museums of Athens’ high-end Kolonaki neighborhood, with easy metro access to the Acropolis and airport.
Coco-Mat Athens – Video
Coco-Mat Athens – Location
Coco-Mat Athens is located in the stylish and upmarket Athens neighborhood of Kolonaki, near great museums, shops, and restaurants, and well-located for metro transit to all of the city’s best attractions like the Acropolis.
- Address: Patriarchou Ioakim 36
- Nearest Metro: Evangelismos (8-minute walk). Metro Line 3 runs from the airport to Athens city center stations, including Evengelismos, departing every 30 minutes from 5:30am until about midnight. The trip takes 45 minutes and costs €10 (24€ for groups of 3). The airport metro station is a 5 to 10-minute walk from baggage claim; elevators are available.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Athens are charged at a flat rate of €38 through the day and €60 from midnight to 5am.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €40, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Coco-Mat Athens – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Connecting rooms are available.
- Pet Policy: Coco-Mat Athens is pet-friendly.
- View: The rooftop terrace and some units with balconies have excellent views across Athens.
- Parking: No parking. Nearby public lots are available.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary wooden loaner bikes, 24-hour drinks and snacks honesty bar, terrific rooftop patio.
- Phone: +30 21 0723 0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: cocomatathens.com
- When to Book: Athens’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book two to three months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Coco-Mat Athens – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Coco-Mat Athens – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No stand-alone restaurant, but lunch and dinner can be prepared for guests by hotel chefs and served in the dining area.
- Lounge/Bar: A 24-hour honesty bar for drinks and snacks is located in the lobby.
- Breakfast: Complimentary organic breakfasts are served in the hotel’s dining area.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Coco-Mat Athens – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget Double • Double with City View • Double with Balcony • Boulevard Suite • Urban Suite with City View • Metropolitan Loft • Metropolitan Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Coco-Mat Athens is a non-smoking hotel.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Call the hotel directly for more information.
- Best Room: The Metropolitan Suite sleeps four and has unobstructed views of the Acropolis. The two-story Metropolitan Loft has direct views to Lycabettus Hill.
Coco-Mat Athens – What’s Nearby?
- MpirMpílo: Pronounced “Birbilo,” they offer impeccable traditional and modern Greek cuisine. Beautiful rustic decor, friendly service. 1-minute walk
- Slim Bites Patisserie: Great little bakery selling fantastic desserts with low calorie counts. Great vegan, gluten-free, and egg-free options, too. 1-minute walk
- To Kafeneio: Good value, authentic Greek home cooking with outside tables for warm weather and a fireplace for when it’s cool. 1-minute walk
- Mailo’s The Pasta Project: Fresh take-away mix-and-match pasta. Perfect for a picnic or a meal on the go. 1-minute walk
- Kostarelos: Great deli owned by a family-run dairy. Wonderful sandwiches and local cheese and specialty items to take home. 1-minute walk
- Codice Blu: Semicasual Italian spot with excellent pizza and a solid wine list. 2-minute walk
- OIKEIO: Traditional trattoria with good food and great ambience. 2-minute walk
- Filippou: Fantastic traditional taverna at the foot of Lycabettus Hill, near the cable car station. 3-minute walk
- Telemachos: Stylish steakhouse and wine bar. Guests can order a la carte or from set menus starting at €24. 9-minute walk
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Ante Post Athens: Fun and stylish cocktail, coffee, and wine bar; great music. 1-minute walk
- Poco a Poco: Friendly bar/cafe with a casual vibe and good prices. 2-minute walk
- Minnie the Moocher: High-end cocktails and great food in a plush, vintage atmosphere straight out of the 1930s. 4-minute walk
- Jazz in Jazz: Cozy jazz bar with a great bourbon selection. Excellent on a rainy night. 4-minute walk
- Bar 56: Romantic, speakeasy-like jazz pub – a true hidden gem. 4-minute walk
- Alexander’s Bar: Classic cocktails and fine spirits bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne. Forbes calls it the world’s best hotel bar. 11-minute walk
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Museum of Cycladic Art: 4-minute walk
- Byzantine and Christian Museum: 4-minute walk
- Athens War Museum: 5-minute walk
- Benaki Museum of Greek Culture: 5-minute walk
- Lycabettus Hill Cable Car: 6-minute walk
- National Garden: 7-minute walk
- Museum of Ancient Greek Technology: 7-minute walk
- Changing of the Guard at Hellenic Parliament: 11-minute walk
- National Historical Museum: 13-minute walk
Coco-Mat Athens – The Hotel
All Athens Hotel Reviews
Athens Travel Guide Best Hotels in Athens Best Hotels in Santorini Best Hotels in Corfu Best Hotels in Crete Best Hotels in Folegandros Best Hotels in Ios Best Hotels in Kefalonia Best Hotels in Kos Best Hotels in Milos Best Hotels in Mykonos Best Hotels in Naxos Best Hotels in Paros Best Hotels in Rhodes Best Hotels in Serifos Best Hotels in Sifnos Best Hotels in Skiathos Best Hotels in Skopelos