Greece › Athens › Hotels › Coco-Mat Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: December 14, 2021
• Location: Kolonaki
• Hotel website: cocomatathens.com
• Hotel phone: +30 21 0723 0000
• Check prices on Booking.com
Coco-Mat Hotel Athens is a stylish and modern great-value-for-money hotel.
Brought to you by the same people who produce some of Europe’s best mattresses – in fact, there’s a furniture shop adjacent to reception. Comfortable beds here are a given; Coco-Mat Hotel also offers free breakfast, a twenty-four-hour honesty bar for drinks and snacks, computers for guest use, a funky rooftop patio with herb garden and great views, and cool wooden bicycles for guests to use free of charge. Accommodations range from cozy doubles to suites that sleep four; all have stylish furnishings and modern bathrooms. Located amid the fine shops, excellent restaurants and bars, and world-class museums of Athens’ high-end Kolonaki neighborhood, with easy metro access to the Acropolis and airport.
- Where to Stay in Athens
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Family Hotels in Athens
- Best Cheap Hotels in Athens
- Athens Airport Hotels
Coco-Mat Athens – Location
Coco-Mat Athens is located in the stylish and upmarket Athens neighborhood of Kolonaki, near great museums, shops, and restaurants, and well-located for metro transit to all of the city’s best attractions like the Acropolis.
- Address: Patriarchou Ioakim 36
- Nearest Metro: Evangelismos (8-minute walk). Metro Line 3 runs from the airport to Athens city center stations, including Evengelismos, departing every 30 minutes from 5:30am until about midnight. The trip takes 45 minutes and costs €10 (€24 for groups of 3). The airport metro station is a 5 to 10-minute walk from baggage claim; elevators are available.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Athens are charged at a flat rate of €38 through the day and €60 from midnight to 5am.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €40, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Coco-Mat Athens – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Connecting rooms are available.
- Pet Policy: Coco-Mat Athens is pet-friendly.
- View: The rooftop terrace and some units with balconies have excellent views across Athens.
- Parking: No parking. Nearby public lots are available.
- Nice Perks: Complimentary wooden loaner bikes, 24-hour drinks and snacks honesty bar, terrific rooftop patio.
- When to Book: Athens’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book 2 to 3 months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 21 0723 0000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: cocomatathens.com
Coco-Mat Athens – Amenities
- Pool: No pool.
- Spa: No spa.
- Fitness Center: No fitness center.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Coco-Mat Athens – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: No stand-alone restaurant, but lunch and dinner can be prepared for guests by hotel chefs and served in the dining area.
- Lounge/Bar: A 24-hour honesty bar for drinks and snacks is located in the lobby.
- Breakfast: Complimentary organic breakfasts are served in the hotel’s dining area.
- Room Service: Available 24 hours.
Coco-Mat Athens – Rooms
- Room Types: Budget Double • Double with City View • Double with Balcony • Boulevard Suite • Urban Suite with City View • Metropolitan Loft • Metropolitan Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Coco-Mat Athens is a non-smoking hotel.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. Call the hotel directly for more information.
- Best Room: The Metropolitan Suite sleeps four and has unobstructed views of the Acropolis. The 2-story Metropolitan Loft has direct views to Lycabettus Hill.
Coco-Mat Athens – What’s Nearby?
- MpirMpílo: Pronounced “Birbilo,” they offer impeccable traditional and modern Greek cuisine. Beautiful rustic decor, friendly service. 1-minute walk
- Slim Bites Patisserie: Great little bakery selling fantastic desserts with low calorie counts. Great vegan, gluten-free, and egg-free options, too. 1-minute walk
- To Kafeneio: Good value, authentic Greek home cooking with outside tables for warm weather and a fireplace for when it’s cool. 1-minute walk
- Mailo’s The Pasta Project: Fresh take-away mix-and-match pasta. Perfect for a picnic or a meal on the go. 1-minute walk
- Kostarelos: Great deli owned by a family-run dairy. Wonderful sandwiches and local cheese and specialty items to take home. 1-minute walk
- Codice Blu: Semicasual Italian spot with excellent pizza and a solid wine list. 2-minute walk
- OIKEIO: Traditional trattoria with good food and great ambience. 2-minute walk
- Filippou: Fantastic traditional taverna at the foot of Lycabettus Hill, near the cable car station. 3-minute walk
- Telemachos: Stylish steakhouse and wine bar. Guests can order a la carte or from set menus starting at €24. 9-minute walk
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Ante Post Athens: Fun and stylish cocktail, coffee, and wine bar; great music. 1-minute walk
- Poco a Poco: Friendly bar/cafe with a casual vibe and good prices. 2-minute walk
- Minnie the Moocher: High-end cocktails and great food in a plush, vintage atmosphere straight out of the 1930s. 4-minute walk
- Jazz in Jazz: Cozy jazz bar with a great bourbon selection. Excellent on a rainy night. 4-minute walk
- Bar 56: Romantic, speakeasy-like jazz pub – a true hidden gem. 4-minute walk
- Alexander’s Bar: Classic cocktails and fine spirits bar at the Hotel Grande Bretagne. Forbes calls it the world’s best hotel bar. 11-minute walk
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Deli & Fresh: Great family-owned shop for local produce, meats, cheeses, wine, and snacks. 1-minute walk
- Museum of Cycladic Art: 4-minute walk
- Byzantine and Christian Museum: 4-minute walk
- Athens War Museum: 5-minute walk
- Benaki Museum of Greek Culture: 5-minute walk
- Lycabettus Hill Cable Car: 6-minute walk
- National Garden: 7-minute walk
- Museum of Ancient Greek Technology: 7-minute walk
- Changing of the Guard at Hellenic Parliament: 11-minute walk
- National Historical Museum: 13-minute walk
Coco-Mat Athens – The Hotel
- Athens Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Athens Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Corfu
- Best Hotels in Crete
- Best Hotels in Folegandros
- Best Hotels in Ios
- Best Hotels in Kefalonia
- Best Hotels in Kos
- Best Hotels in Milos
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Naxos
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Rhodes
- Best Hotels in Serifos
- Best Hotels in Sifnos
- Best Hotels in Skiathos
- Best Hotels in Skopelos
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter