ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat is a remote, romantic hideaway in the mountains of central Naxos.
Surrounded by olive groves, mountain peaks, and hiking trails, ELaiolithos features amazing views, full kitchens en-suite, and meals made from home-grown produce, as well as cheese and marmalade made from old family recipes. Known for a hands-on approach to guest care, bespoke experiences, and a special emphasis in showcasing the island’s off-the-beaten-path, hidden gems. Geared toward adventurers, the hotel provides special amenities for hikers, cyclists, trail runners, including detailed maps, guided tours, picnic lunches, and much more. The nearby town of Chalki (aka Chalkio or Halki) is known for its charming shops and restaurants, its 125-year-old distillery, and (along with Moni village) a rich tradition of textile weaving (the hotel can arrange weaving classes on request).
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – Video
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – Location
Mountain location with incredible views, about a five-minute drive from the village of Chalki, and a half-hour drive from Naxos Town, port, and airport.
- Address: Eparchiaki Odos Chalkio-Keramotis
- How to Get There:
Port or Airport Transfer can be arranged through the hotel in advance, but Renting a Car is the best transportation option for those staying at ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat, as the island’s mountain villages have little to no bus access and taxis can get expensive. Renting a car also enables greater freedom to explore the island’s villages, countryside, and beaches. The roads on Naxos are well-maintained and easy to navigate, even in the mountains. Driving to the hotel from Naxos Town or the Airport takes around half an hour.
Taxi service from the port, airport, or Naxos town to the hotel costs about €25. The trip takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
There is bus service that runs between Naxos Town and the nearby Church of Panagia Drosiani (6-minute walk away), but the bus only runs once to town in the morning and once back to the church in the afternoon. Renting a car is strongly recommended.
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome at ELaiolithos. Babysitting services can be arranged in advance through the concierge.
- Beach: The closest beach is tranquil Agiassos, about a 24-minute drive southwest. This is a long stretch of sandy beach with crystal-clear water and a handful of traditional tavernas. Though Agiassos is the closest beach, most of Naxos most popular beaches, including Plaka, Agia Anna, Agios Prokopios, and Alyko, are all within a 30-minute drive.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Fantastic mountain and olive grove views from each suite’s terrace.
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available on site.
- Nice Perks: GPS Files provided for local hiking trails, local welcome amenities, yoga mats and Netflix in every suite, on-site library and gift shop.
- Phone: +30 69 8832 7674
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: elaiolithos.com
- When to Book: Naxos’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book two to three months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – Amenities
- Pool: No pool yet, but there are plans in the works.
- Spa: No spa. On-site beauty and wellness treatments can be arranged.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: ELaiolithos’ on-site open-air restaurant and café features seasonally-rotating regional dishes prepared with handmade, local, and environmentally-sourced ingredients. All before a backdrop of jaw-dropping mountain views.
- Lounge/Bar: Beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails are available at the hotel’s on-site open-air restaurant and café.
- Breakfast: A local and organic a-la-carte breakfast is served to each suite from 8:30am. Early and take-away breakfasts are available upon advance request.
- Room Service: Yes.
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – Rooms
- Room Types: Fanari Suite • Emery Suite • Zas Cave Suite • Ariadne & Dionysus Suite • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: ELaiolithos is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas only.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: No wheelchair or ADA accessible rooms. There are not many stairs on the property, however, so minor mobility issues shouldn’t be a problem.
- Best Room: The romantic Ariadne & Dionysus Suite is the best option for couples, offering panoramic views, a seductive all-glass bathroom with a hydromassage shower, and a king-sized bed.
- For Families: The 87-square-meter, 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom Emery Suite also features a separate living area and open-dining room kitchen, and sleeps five with a king-sized bed, 2 twin beds, and a sofa bed.
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – What’s Nearby?
Nearby Restaurants, Bars, and Breweries
- To Peyko: Small, family-run café in Moni, offering a limited but excellent menu of regional favorites, with all produce sourced from their own farm. 10-minute walk, 2-minute drive
- Halki Café: Modern indoor/outdoor eatery offering sandwiches, snacks, and traditional fare. 5-minute drive
- Caffé Greco: Lovely cafe in a historic stone building with dining on the sidewalk or in the atmospheric back garden. Exellent for brunch, lunch, and cocktails. Don’t miss the Kitron Spritz, made with the island’s signature, citrus spirit only produced in Chalki. 5-minute drive
- Kitron Café Cocktail Bar: Cozy café in Chalki village serving coffee, sweets, and light fare, as well as a creative menu of signature, kitron-based cocktails; the kitron distillery is just a few meters away). 6-minute drive
- To Spitikó Galaktompoúreko: Sweet, shaded café in the Chalki main square for coffee or a casual meal. Their name means “homemade custard pastry;” and they serve amazing ones. 6-minute drive
Nearby Market or Grocery
- To Ariston: Small traditional Chalki grocery selling local food products, wine, and some pottery and textiles. 6-minute drive
Nearby Shopping & Cool Shops
- Art and Nature: Charming shop with a selection of honey, fresh and dried fruit, olive oils, and marmelades all produced on the family’s farm. 6-minute drive
- Maria’s Handmade Textiles Exhibition & Workshop – Woven Artifacts: Artisan workshop offering beautiful textiles hand-woven on a 45-year-old loom built by the shop owner. All of the textiles in ELaiolithos’ suites were made here. 6-minute drive
- Kreopoleío Giovánis: Cheesemaker and butcher shop plus locally produced raki, wine, olives, olive oil, and vinegars. 6-minute drive
- Naxia Gi: Small shop with a large selection of honeys, herbs, teas, spices and more – all grown and produced in Naxos. 6-minute drive
- Panagia Drosiani: Beautiful 6th century A.D.Byzantine church; the oldest on Naxos and one of the oldest in all of Greece. 1-minute drive
- Chalki Village: Lovely traditional village peppered with neoclassical buildings, picturesque churches, and great local shops and eateries. 6-minute drive
- Vallindras Kitron Distillery: Producers of the island’s ubiquitous Kitron liqueur (made from Citron leaves), offering free distillery tours and tastings. 6-minute drive
- Apano Kastro: Medeival Venetian castle ruins. Accessed by hiking up about an hour from the village of Ano Potamia. 13-minute drive
- Temple of Demeter: Marble temple ruins dating back to the 6th Century BC. Located on a hilltop in the village of Sangri; the temple site also includes a small archaeological museum. 18-minute drive
- Fotodotis Monastery: 6th-Century fortified hilltop monastery said to be built by a Byzantine princess; contains medeival frescoes. Accessed by hiking 1km up from the north of Danakos village. 32-minute drive
ELaiolithos Luxury Retreat – The Hotel
Best Hotels in Naxos Best Hotels in Santorini Best Hotels in Athens Best Hotels in Corfu Best Hotels in Crete Best Hotels in Folegandros Best Hotels in Ios Best Hotels in Kefalonia Best Hotels in Kos Best Hotels in Milos Best Hotels in Mykonos Best Hotels in Paros Best Hotels in Rhodes Best Hotels in Serifos Best Hotels in Sifnos Best Hotels in Skiathos Best Hotels in Skopelos