Greece › Naxos › Hotels › Galaxy Hotel Review
by Santorini Dave • Updated: April 21, 2021
• Location: Naxos Town, close to Agios Giorgios Beach
• Hotel website: hotel-galaxy.com
• Hotel phone: +30 2285 022422
• Check prices on Booking.com
Galaxy Hotel is a charming hotel located near Agios Giorgios Beach in Naxos Town.
At the front of the hotel there is a bright and open lobby, in the back, the shared swimming pool has a view of the beach and the sea. A variety of guest room types are offered, all featuring a private balcony or patio and some offering sea views; the largest rooms sleep up to four people. The kitchen at Galaxy Hotel serves a complimentary breakfast buffet, as well as Greek and Mediterranean specialties throughout the day and evening. Galaxy Hotel is located just meters from the golden sand and beach clubs of Agios Giorgios Beach, and the shops, restaurants, and ruins of Naxos Town are an easy 5-minute walk away.
Galaxy Hotel – Location
Great location close to Agios Giorgios Beach, a 5-minute walk from the restaurants, shops, and sights of Naxos Town.
- Address: Paralía Agios Giorgios
- How to Get There:
It is approximately 1km from the Naxos ferry port, and 2km from the Naxos Airport to the hotel.
Galaxy Hotel is located near Agios Giorgios Beach in the southwest portion of Naxos Town, an easy and enjoyable 18-minute walk with no luggage, but not recommended with more than a backpack and one wheeled bag.
There is a direct bus that travels from the port to the Agios Giorgios beach community (route #1). Purchase your ticket and catch the bus at the station located at the end of the long ferry pier – this is the island’s main station and transportation hub; they will have weekly printed schedules to take with you. The trip takes approximately 10 min and costs about €2. Buses run every day, typically departing hourly during summer peak hours; less frequently at night, in early morning, and in winter and shoulder season months. It is a 6-minute walk from the nearest bus station to the hotel.
Taxis are available from the port or airport, generally lined up after the arrival of every flight or ferry, though there may be a wait to secure one. A taxi from the ferry port to Galaxy Hotel will cost roughly €10 and take around 5 minutes. A taxi from the airport will also cost about €10 and take around 5 minutes. Taxis on Naxos are not metered, so be sure to agree on a price with the driver before setting out.
For those who prefer to drive themselves, we recommend renting a car near the the port, where you’ll have greater choice among vehicles and rental companies than in the beach towns or villages. We strongly recommend reserving a vehicle in advance, especially if you require automatic transmission. We strongly recommend reserving a vehicle in advance, especially if you require automatic transmission.
Galaxy Hotel – The Basics
- Ages: Galaxy Hotel welcomes all ages and is very family-friendly. Baby cribs and high chairs are available, and there is a small playground on the property.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: The shared swimming pool has a view of the beach and the sea, and some guest rooms feature a private balcony or patio with sea views.
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available on site.
- Nice Perks: All rooms have Jacuzzi hydro-massage shower columns.
- Phone: +30 2285 022422
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: hotel-galaxy.com
- When to Book: Athens’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book two to three months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
Galaxy Hotel – Amenities
- Pool: Shared outdoor pool with pool bar service and views of Agios Giorgios Beach and the sea.
- Spa: No spa. In-room massage, wellness, and beauty treatments can be arranged in advance for an extra fee.
- Fitness Center: None.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Galaxy Hotel – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: The kitchen at Galaxy Hotel serves Greek and Mediterranean specialties throughout the day and evening to the pergola near the pool.
- Lounge/Bar: The pool bar serves cocktails, wine and beer, snacks, and coffee.
- Breakfast: A complimentary breakfast buffet is served daily.
- Room Service: Yes.
Galaxy Hotel – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Double (Garden View) • Superior Double (Garden View) • Triple (Garden View) • Superior Double (Pool or Sea View) • Triple (Pool or Sea View) • Quadruple (Garden View) • Quadruple (Pool View) • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Galaxy Hotel is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas only.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: All guest rooms and other areas of the hotel, including outdoors, are accessible by wheelchair, but specially modified rooms are not available.
- Best Room: 32 sq meter Triple Rooms with Sea View are spacious, with small private balconies that feature views of the sea.
Galaxy Hotel – What’s Nearby?
- To Elliniko: Family-owned, traditional Greek taverna with cozy indoor or open-air seating. Reservations recommended for dinner. 5-minute walk
- Nostimon Hellas: Modern kitchen serving updated Greek favorites, and creative Mediterranean dishes. Dinner only, reservations recommended. 6-minute walk
- Nissaki Restaurant Since 1971: Elegant beachfront dining, specializing in seafood and with a wide wine list. Located in Nissaki Hotel; reservations recommended. 7-minute walk
- Barozzi Restaurant & Cocktail Bar: Superb fine dining meets fine art in a creative restaurant and gallery set in a renovated 1930s mansion. Open for lunch, dinner, and late-night cocktails. 9-minute walk
- To Souvlaki tou Maki: Tiny grill house serving the best souvlaki and gyros in Naxos. Open noon to midnight, and later in the height of summer. 10-minute walk
- Typografio: Picturesque restaurant set in a former newspaper press at the base of Naxos castle, serving a modern twist on classic Greek cuisine. 13-minute walk
- Boulamatsis: The best sunset, sea view restaurant in Naxos, serving traditional Greek dishes using local ingredients. Reservations recommended for dinner. 14-minute walk
- Lithos: Elegant Mediterranean restaurant hidden in Chora with snug little tables placed on the cobblestone stairway leading up to the castle ruins. Reservations essential. 15-minute walk
- Doukato: Romantic Greek restaurant set in the courtyard of an old monastery under a large tree, surrounded by flowers and climbing vines. 16-minute walk
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Swing Cocktail Bar: Molecular mixology and classic cocktails in a trendy, bustling atmosphere. 10-minute walk
- 520 Cocktail Bar Restaurant: Chic bar and restaurant with a stellar sunset sea view and a heavy focus on Greek products. 13-minute walk
- Like Home: The best bar in Naxos, offering expertly crafted cocktails and spectacular direct sunset views over the port and toward Apollo Temple. 14-minute walk
- The Rum Bar: Awesome little bar near the port, specializing in rum, with sunset views over the Aegean and toward Apollo Temple. 14-minute walk
- Oniro Wine Bar Restaurant: Offers an extensive selection of Greek and international bottled wines, a few excellent by-the-glass wines, and wonderful house wine, as well as a perfect perch for sunset views from their two rooftop terraces. 14-minute walk
- Naxos Café: Cozy and charming, this candle and lantern-lit bar serves wonderful local spirits, Greek wines, classic cocktails, and light bites. Eclectic music, with sets by guest DJs and live Greek bands usually beginning at 10:00 p.m. 18-minute walk
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Super Market Dimitris: Small, locally-owned grocery, good for drinks and snacks. 5-minute walk
- Spar Koutelieris: Large, newish supermarket with low prices and a great variety of produce, grocery, dairy, meat, and household products. 7-minute walk
- Agios Giorgios Beach: Family-friendly Blue Flag beach with gold and white sand and shallow, calm water; lined with casual restaurants, beach clubs, and shops, with a water sports center at the south end. 1-minute walk
- Cine Naxos: Wonderful open-air movie theater, showing current movies (in English with Greek subtitles) nightly under the stars. 6-minute walk
- Naxos Town Old Market: A jumble of narrow, cobblestone paths and stairways passing through archways and little tunnels all around the Naxos Castle, chock-full of boutiques, galleries, tavernas, and bars – many with sunset views. 14-minute walk
- Naxos Castle: Medieval Venetian fortification built over the ruins of an ancient acropolis. 17-minute walk
- Archaeological Museum of Naxos: Interesting collection of art and everyday artifacts dating from the Late Neolithic period to the Early Christian era (5300 BC – 5th c. AD). 17-minute walk
- Apollo Temple Portara: Picturesque Ionian-style temple ruins set atop an islet near Naxos port and dating back to the 6th century B.C.; excellent sunset viewing spot. 21-minute walk
Galaxy Hotel – The Hotel
Best Hotels in Naxos Best Hotels in Santorini Best Hotels in Athens Best Hotels in Corfu Best Hotels in Crete Best Hotels in Folegandros Best Hotels in Ios Best Hotels in Kefalonia Best Hotels in Kos Best Hotels in Milos Best Hotels in Mykonos Best Hotels in Paros Best Hotels in Rhodes Best Hotels in Serifos Best Hotels in Sifnos Best Hotels in Skiathos Best Hotels in Skopelos
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter