• Location: Athens’ Koukaki neighborhood, south of the Acropolis and a 20-minute walk from most major sights.
• Hotel website: ihg.com
• Hotel phone: +30 21 0920 6000
• Check prices on Booking.com
Athenaeum InterContinental is a large, luxury hotel in Central Athens.
This large, modern hotel features 553 spacious guest rooms (many with incredible acropolis views), a huge and bright atrium lobby with lobby lounge; breakfast cafe, modern spa, and an outdoor swimming pool with snack bar. The Athenaeum is a short walk from the Plaka neighborhood and offers a free hotel shuttle to all major attractions.
- Where to Stay in Athens
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Best Family Hotels in Athens
- Best Cheap Hotels in Athens
- Athens Airport Hotels
Athenaeum InterContinental – Location
Located in the Koukaki neighborhood of central Athens, south of the Acropolis and a 20-minute walk from most major sights. Complimentary shuttle bus service is offered to the Acropolis and major squares in Athens.
- Address: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 89-93
- Nearest Metro: Acropoli (16-minute walk) on Metro Line 2. From the airport, take Metro Line 3 to the Athens city center station of Syntagma, then take Metro Line 2 toward Elleniko one stop to Akropoli. The airport metro departs every 30 minutes from 5:30am until about midnight. The trip takes 45 minutes and costs €10 (€24 for groups of 3). The airport metro station is a 5 to 10-minute walk from baggage claim; elevators are available.
- Taxi: Airport taxis to central Athens are charged at a flat rate of €38 through the day and €60 from midnight to 5am.
- Private Transfer: We use and recommend Welcome Pickups car service. Booking through a private car service will cost only a bit more than a taxi – about €40, but can be worth it to avoid the long taxi queue and for the convenience of paying ahead.
Athenaeum InterContinental – The Basics
- Ages: All ages are welcome. Cribs and rollaway beds are available, and professional babysitting services can be arranged on request (extra fee). The 500 sq.ft. family suites sleep five.
- Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed.
- View: Unobstructed Acropolis views are featured in the restaurant and many guest rooms.
- Parking: On-site valet or self-parking is available for €21 per day.
- Nice Perks: Executive Club floor, on-site ATM, Shuttle service to central Athens.
- When to Book: Athens’ best hotels book out far in advance, especially during high season travel. For best availability and rates, book two to three months ahead.
- How to Book: Booking.com will have the best rates.
- Phone: +30 21 0920 6000
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: ihg.com
Athenaeum InterContinental – Amenities
- Pool: Outdoor pool and sun deck is open seasonally; towels, lounge chairs, and pool bar service are provided.
- Spa: On-site spa with a wide range of treatments, jacuzzi, and sauna.
- Fitness Center: On-site fitness center with free weights and Technogym cardio equipment.
- Private Pools/Jacuzzis: None.
Athenaeum InterContinental – Food and Drink
- Restaurant: Rooftop Première Restaurant serves French-influenced cuisine sourced from local ingredients, with excellent Acropolis views from inside and out. ArtLounge and ArtBistrot are both located in the airy hotel lobby, the former offering desserts and snacks in the daytime, and the latter offering contemporary Greek fare for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is served daily in the award-winning design space of CafeZoe, and PoolZoe serves drinks, snacks, and desserts poolside in the warmer months.
- Lounge/Bar: ToBar serves cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits in a retro-pop setting. Première Bar has excellent rooftop Acropolis views.
- Breakfast: A buffet breakfast is served at Cafezoe restaurant; breakfast is also available via room service.
- Room Service: Yes.
Athenaeum InterContinental – Rooms
- Room Types: Standard Rooms • Executive Rooms • Suites • List of all rooms
- Smoking Rooms: Athenaeum Intercontinental is a non-smoking hotel. Smoking is allowed in outdoor areas only.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms: Yes.
- Best Room: The two-bedroom, 3,400 sq. ft. Presidential Suite offers separate living and dining areas, a large private terrace with great Acropolis views, and butler service by request.
Athenaeum InterContinental – What’s Nearby?
- Hytra Restaurant and Bar: Michelin-starred creative Greek fine dining with Acropolis views, on the 6th floor of the Onassis Arts Center. 4-minute walk
- Vassilis Grill House: Great, friendly spot for gyros, souvlaki, and kebabs. Indoor and sidewalk seating. 4-minute walk
- Indian Chef: Fantastic Indian restaurant with good-spiced curry and tandoori, and plenty of vegetarian options. 6-minute walk
- Dyo Dekares I Oka: Wonderful family-run taverna serving traditional Greek dishes with great hospitality. 8-minute walk
- Monsieur Barbu: Sweet, shabby-chic cafe that popular for brunch. 10-minute walk
- Mani Mani: Modern, innovative cuisine based on the traditional flavors of the Pelopponese’s Mani peninsula, set within a beautiful neoclassical building. 15-minute walk
Nearby Bars and Breweries
- Materia Prima: Great wine bar offering a well-curated selection of European, South African and new New World varietals. 8-minute walk
- Meerkat Cocktail Safari: Lively bar with a creative cocktail list; also serves a great panini and brunch. 9-minute walk
- To Potami: Good value all-day café/bar with a youthful vibe and outdoor seating next to a park. 9-minute walk
- Spiritokouto: Cozy beer and cocktail bar with relaxed sidewalk seating. 10-minute walk
Nearby Market or Grocery
- Oi Sýnteknoi: Great little shop for local wine, snacks, and gourmet foodie finds. 8-minute walk
- 24Shopen: Small grocery mini-mart with a good variety of items. 9-minute walk
- Athens Travel Guide
- Best Hotels in Athens
- Athens Hotel Reviews
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Corfu
- Best Hotels in Crete
- Best Hotels in Folegandros
- Best Hotels in Ios
- Best Hotels in Kefalonia
- Best Hotels in Kos
- Best Hotels in Milos
- Best Hotels in Mykonos
- Best Hotels in Naxos
- Best Hotels in Paros
- Best Hotels in Rhodes
- Best Hotels in Serifos
- Best Hotels in Sifnos
- Best Hotels in Skiathos
- Best Hotels in Skopelos