• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links). I use some of these earnings for my monthly charitable donation.
Paris Hotels for Families – Tips & Advice
- Paris has so much to see both indoors and outdoors that it’s a great year-round destination. But the very best months to visit are from late April to early October (excluding August).
- Paris has a shortage of good rooms for families. Book early if visiting between April and October or the Christmas/New Years period.
- Booking.com – the best website for finding family hotels in Paris.
- The best areas in Paris for families are Saint Germain (central, loads of shops and restaurants), Rue Cler in the 7th Arrondissement (quieter, slower paced, village-like feel, but still close to many attractions and the Eiffel Tower), and the Marais (less touristy, hip and trendy but still family-friendly).
- Best Luxury Hotel in Paris for Families: Four Seasons Hotel George V
- Best Cheap Hotel in Paris for Families: Staycity Serviced Apartments
- Want a family-friendly hotel in a quiet location? The Gardette Park Hotel – just beyond the Marais district in the 11th arrondissement but still walking distance (or a quick metro ride) to sights and attractions. A great playground and park are right across the street.
- Best Disneyland Hotel for Families: Disneyland Hotel Marne La Vallee. Nice pool and located right at the park entrance. Disneyland is 45 minutes by train from central Paris.
- To save time and money on the metro buy a booklet of 10 tickets called a carnet. They cost 14.40€ and allow 10 rides. Any one ride can last 90 minutes and include transfers.
- Kids (ages 4 to 10) save even more money when buying the carnet since they must pay adult prices for single tickets (1.80€) but get the book of 10 for half-price (7.20€). Kids 3 and under are free on the Paris metro.
- Good restaurants kids will love: Breakfast in America (breakfast all day), Breizh Cafe (the best crepes in the Marais), La Coupole (historic brasserie in Montparnasse), All Aboard Le Train Bleu (belle epoque style that’s still kid-friendly), Le Relais de l’Entrecote (steak, fries, and scrumptious desserts at 3 locations), Gourmet at Glou (kid-friendly wine bar in the Marais), and for an all-dessert menu Dessance (“cuisine du sucré”).
- The best playground on the left bank is at the Luxembourg Gardens (there’s a small fee). The best playground on the right bank is at the Tuileries Garden.
- Best Paris Hotel for Babies and Toddlers: The Four Seasons (everything parents could possibly ask for – from cribs to babysitting).
The 16 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris, France
- Click the hotel name to check prices on Booking.com – my favorite website for booking hotels. Book 4 to 6 months in advance for the best rooms and rates.
1. Four Seasons Hotel George V – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4952 7000
One of the very best hotels in Paris. Good sized swimming pool, and great service and staff. Kids’ bathrobes, greeting gift (for young guests), and complimentary baby food and toiletries. Babysitting services with 24 hours notice. Kids eat for free at the hotel’s restaurants. Family Recreation Manager helps families plan their visit. Close to George V metro station.
2. Mandarin Oriental Paris – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 7098 7888
Luxury hotel with an indoor pool, holistic spa, and outstanding dining within a short walk of Place Vendôme, the Louvre, and the Tuileries Garden. The hotel boasts 3 kid-friendly restaurants (even their Michelin-starred one offers a kids’ menu), a cocktail bar, and a cake shop. Kids’ amenities and activities include a perfume-making class, cooking lessons, and popcorn machines. The hotel offers several connecting rooms and spacious suite with up to 4 bedrooms and a full kitchen.
3. Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4413 3333
Wonderful location right on the Champs-Elysées. Large 1 or 2-bedrooms suites easily sleep families of 4 or 6 and include kitchens. It’s a 2-minute walk to the George V metro station and 10-minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe.
4. The Peninsula Paris – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 5812 2888
Contemporary, luxury hotel offering tech-savvy rooms, a rooftop restaurant, indoor pool, and lavish spa. Family offerings include spacious suites for up to 4, package deals with complimentary connecting rooms, and kids’ activities, such as chocolate-making classes or soccer stadium tours with a game and meet up with the mascot included. Beautiful location near the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées.
5. Le Bristol – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 5343 4300
Beautiful spacious rooms. Great indoor swimming pool. Children and families are not an afterthought here and are truly welcomed and pampered. There’s a good kids menu, a garden treasure hunt, and a supervised kids club and playroom.
6. Le Pavillon de la Reine – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4029 1919
Family-run, boutique hotel offering excellent dining, a cozy library and lounge, and a decadent spa in the Marais. The hotel offers connecting rooms and spacious 2-bedroom suites that comfortably sleep up to 5, all featuring a blend of traditional and contemporary décor. Its hidden, ivy-covered courtyard entrance is located inside the historic Place de Vosges, just steps from the Picasso Museum and the Opéra Bastille.
7. Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4299 8800
Design-forward, 5-star hotel with a private cinema, top-notch dining, and a huge spa with one of the largest pools in the city. Family-friendly suites offer up to 3 bedrooms, while special family rates on connecting rooms add a second room for half-price, buffet breakfast, and welcome amenities for kids. Ideally situated in the 8th Arrondissement, with easy access to the Parc Monceau, Arc de Triomphe, and Champs-Élysées.
8. The Westin Paris Vendome – luxury
Hotel phone: 33 (1) 4477 1111
Very close to the Renaissance (also kid-friendly) but here you exchange the swimming pool for a larger room and suites are larger still. The Westin has kid-friendly service and great restaurants both in the hotel and just out the door. Tuileries metro station is very close.
9. Hotel Grand Powers – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4723 9105
Family-friendly and pet-friendly, the hotel offers a charming café/cocktail bar and a therapeutic spa. Rooms and suites are sunny with marble bathrooms and mid-century modern style, most with views of the Eiffel Tower, and many with private balconies. Most rooms and all suites comfortably sleep 3 guests; junior suites and the Elegant Suite can connect to sleep 4 to 6. Superb location just a block from Champs-Élysées and a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the Grand Palace.
10. La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – luxury
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 5836 6060
Decadent boutique hotel set in an over-the-top Belle Époque mansion with an indoor swimming pool, a 2 Michelin star restaurant, and a full-service spa. Rooms, suites, and connecting rooms are all spacious ranging from 40 to 200 sqm. Family-friendly perks include butler service, babysitting, elephant plushies, coloring books, and more. Well-located in an upscale neighborhood just steps away from the Jardin des Champs-Élysées, Grand Palace, and surrounded by shopping and dining.
11. Gardette Park Hotel – moderate
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4700 5793
This is a great mid-range hotel and one of my favorites in Paris for families on a budget. The family suites have 2 single beds and a queen and are a good size for Paris. Across the street is a park with a playground and there are several good restaurants within a 3 minute walk. A great neighborhood but with few tourists so you feel like you’re really seeing Paris.
12. Hôtel Paris Louvre Opéra – moderate
13. Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel – moderate
14. Best Western Aramis St Germain – moderate
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4354 0170
Great location in the center of St Germain. Triple rooms (2 twin and 1 sofa bed) and quadruple rooms (2 twin and 2 sofa beds). Steps from St Germain des Pres metro station.
15. Staycity Serviced Apartments – budget
Hotel phone: +33 (1) 4489 6670
Large suites with kitchens and cookware close to Gare de l’Est and Gare du Nord (for Eurostar train to London). Friendly staff. Surrounding streets are not the most beautiful in Paris but there are plenty of places to eat, a food market, and good metro connections with the rest of the city.
16. Timhotel Palais Royal Louvre – budget
More Paris Hotels for Families
All of these hotels have triple, quad, or family rooms. The larger the room the earlier they seem to be snatched up – so book early.
- Hotel du Lion d’Or Paris (1er, moderate, metro: Tuileries)
- Hôtel Sainte-Marie (2e, budget, metro: Bonne Nouvelle)
- La Maison Favart (2e, luxury, metro: Quatre-September)
- Ascot Opera (2e, moderate, metro: Quatre-September)
- Hotel Americain (3e, budget, metro: Filles du Calvaire)
- Paris France Hotel (3e, budget, metro: Temple)
- Hotel Saint-Louis Marais (4e, moderate, metro: Sully-Morland)
- Hotel Jeanne D’arc (4e, budget, metro: Olympiades)
- Residence Henri IV (5e, moderate, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hotel Claude Bernard Saint-Germain (5e, moderate, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hôtel Des Mines (5e, moderate, RER: Luxembourg)
- Marignan Hotel (5e, budget, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hotel Au Royal Cardinal (5e, budget, metro: Cardinal Lemoine)
- Résidence & Spa Le Prince Régent (6e, luxury, metro: Cluny-La Sorbonne)
- Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain – interconnected rooms (6e, moderate, metro: Odéon)
- Hôtel Eugénie (6e, budget, metro: Odéon)
- Hôtel du Palais Bourbon (7e, moderate, metro: Varenne)
- Hotel de la Paix Tour Eiffel (7e, moderate, metro: École Militaire)
- Hotel du Cadran (7e, moderate, metro: École Militaire)
- Hotel Monsieur (8e, moderate, St Augustin)
- Champs Élysées Plaza Hotel (8e, luxury+, metro: Saint-Philippe du Roule)
- Londres Et New York (8e, moderate, metro: Saint-Lazare)
- Hôtel Langlois (9e, moderate, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Residhome Paris Opéra (9e, luxury, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Hôtel De La Paix (15e, moderate, metro: Boucicaut)
- Résidence Alma Marceau (16e, luxury, metro: Alma Marceau)
- Hotel Residence Foch (16e, moderate, metro: Porte Dauphine)
- Maison Armance (1er, moderate, metro: Concorde)
- Milestay Les Halles (1er, moderate, metro: Châtelet)
- Hôtel Baume (6e, moderate, metro: Odéon)
Popular Family Hotels in Paris
Lonely Planet recommends Hotel de la Porte Doree but otherwise says little about good family-friendly hotels in Paris. Frommer’s and Rick Steves also have no specific recommendations for families visiting Paris. And like always Tripadvisor recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt.
Most Booked Family Hotels by MLN Readers
- Staycity Aparthotels Gare de l’Est
- Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse
- Hôtel Paris Louvre Opera
- Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysees
Paris Family Hotels Recommended by Tripadvisor
- Hotel Monge
- Hotel de La Tamise – Esprit de France
- Hotel Le 10 BIS
- Hotel Le Bristol
- La Reserve Hotel And Spa
Hotels with Swimming Pools
Family Apartments in Paris
Recommended apartment rentals for families in Paris. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and internet.
- Apartments Du Louvre
1 and 2 bedroom apartments sleep 4 to 6, the 2-bedroom duplex has a nice deck
- Loft with View of Eiffel Tower
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, full kitchen, sleeps 5
- Apartment in Latin Quarter
1 bedroom with double bed and sofa bed, 1 bathroom, kitchen, sleeps 4
- Résidence du Lion d’Or Louvre
Loft apartment with kitchen, 1 bathroom, double bed and sofa bed, sleeps 4
- Two, Three, Four Bedroom Apartments – Highly recommended
Large apartments with full kitchen and multiple bathrooms, sleep families of 4 to 8, close to Eiffel Tower
- Champs Elysées Deluxe Residence Apartments
2 and 3 bedroom apartments are large and have air conditioning (nice for July and August).
- Short Stay Apartments Museum View
Cheap 1 bedroom apartments are small but have kitchenettes, sleep 4
- Luxury 3 Bedroom in Paris Center
3 bedroom apartment with en suite bathrooms, full kitchen with stove, washer and dryer
- Private Apartment – Tuileries/Louvre
Inexpensive 1 bedrooms with double bed and sofa bed
- Luxury 2 Bedroom in Marais
2 bedroom apartments with 2 double beds and sofa bed, sleep 6
- Residence Central Marais
1 bedrooms sleep 4, split-level apartments sleep 6
Recommended and Helpful
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- Four Seasons George V
- Shangri-La Hotel
- Relais Christine Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel
- Peninsula Hotel
- Le Bristol Hotel
- Le Royal Monceau, Raffles Paris
- Saint James Paris
- Plaza Athénée
- Hotel Le Meurice
- Le Pavillon de la Reine
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Maison Souquet
- Le Cinq Codet
- OFF Paris Seine
- Hotel des Grands Boulevards
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal
- Hotel Chopin
- Best Western Aramis
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Gardette Park Hotel
- Where To Stay in Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Budget Hotels in Paris
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Choice Hotels in Paris
- The Best Things To Do in Paris
- Paris with Kids
- The Best Time To Visit Paris
- The Best Restaurants in Paris
Top Travel Sites for Paris – My Recommendations
Best For Flights: Kayak.com • Skyscanner • Momondo
Kayak is the easiest to use. Skyscanner finds the cheapest rates. Momondo is the best for first and business class tickets.
Best For Renting A Car: Rentalcars.com
Great prices from all the biggest rental companies. Easy to use, safe, and reliable.
Best For Hotels: Booking.com
Awesome rates and great for vacation planning. All price ranges. Luxury hotels, 5-star boutiques, cheap hostels, house and apartment rentals.
Best For Tours: GetYourGuide.com
My favorite for booking tours and private tour guides.
Best for Travel Insurance: InsureMyTrip
Compare costs from over 30 insurance providers.