Paris Hotels for Families – Tips & Advice
- Paris has so much to see both indoors and outdoors that it’s a great year-round destination. But the very best months to visit are from late April to early October (excluding August).
- Paris has a shortage of good rooms for families. Book early if visiting between April and October or the Christmas/New Years period.
- Booking.com – the best website for finding family hotels in Paris.
- The best areas in Paris for families are Saint Germain (central, loads of shops and restaurants), Rue Cler in the 7th Arrondissement (quieter, slower paced, village-like feel but still close to many attractions and the Eiffel Tower), and the Marais (less touristy, hip and trendy but still family-friendly).
- Best Luxury Hotels in Paris for Families: Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées • Four Seasons Hotel George V
- Best Cheap Hotel in Paris for Families: Staycity Aparthotel Gare de l’Est
- Best Paris Hotel with Pool: Le Bristol
- Best Family Hotel near Eiffel Tower: Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel
- Best family-friendly hotel in a quiet location: Gardette Park Hotel – just beyond the Marais district in the 11th arrondissement but still walking distance (or a quick metro ride) to sights and attractions. A great playground and park are right across the street.
- Best Disneyland Hotel for Families: Disneyland Hotel Marne La Vallee. Nice pool and located right at the park entrance. Disneyland is 45 minutes by train from central Paris.
- To save time and money on the metro buy a booklet of 10 tickets called a carnet. They cost €14.40 and allow 10 rides. Any one ride can last 90 minutes and include transfers.
- Kids (ages 4 to 10) save even more money when buying the carnet since they must pay adult prices for single tickets (€1.80) but get the book of 10 for half-price (€7.20). Kids 3 and under are free on the Paris metro.
- Good restaurants kids will love: Breakfast in America (breakfast all day), Breizh Cafe (the best crepes in the Marais), La Coupole (historic brasserie in Montparnasse), All Aboard Le Train Bleu (belle epoque style that’s still kid-friendly), Le Relais de l’Entrecote (steak, fries, and scrumptious desserts at 3 locations), Gourmet at Glou (kid-friendly wine bar in the Marais), and for an all-dessert menu Dessance (“cuisine du sucré”).
- The best playground on the left bank is at the Luxembourg Gardens (there’s a small fee). The best playground on the right bank is at the Tuileries Garden.
- Best Paris Hotel for Babies and Toddlers: The Four Seasons (everything parents could possibly ask for – from cribs to babysitting).
The 16 Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris
1. Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 44 13 33 33
Wonderful location right on the Champs-Elysées. Large 1 or 2-bedrooms suites easily sleep families of 4 or 6 and include kitchens. Some add washing machines and balconies. It’s a 2-minute walk to the George V metro station and a 10-minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs-Elysées
2. Four Seasons George V – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 49 52 70 00
One of the very best hotels in Paris. Good-sized swimming pool, and great service and staff. Kids’ bathrobes, greeting gift (for young guests), and complimentary baby food and toiletries. Babysitting services with 24 hours notice. Kids eat for free at the hotel’s restaurants. Family Recreation Manager helps families plan their visit. Close to George V metro station.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Four Seasons George V
3. Mandarin Oriental – 1st Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 70 98 78 88
Luxury hotel with an indoor pool, holistic spa, and outstanding dining within a short walk of Place Vendôme, the Louvre, and the Tuileries Garden. The hotel boasts 3 kid-friendly restaurants (even their Michelin-starred one offers a kids’ menu), a cocktail bar, and a cake shop. Kids’ amenities and activities include a perfume-making class, cooking lessons, and popcorn machines. The hotel offers several connecting rooms and spacious suites with up to 4 bedrooms and a full kitchen.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Mandarin Oriental
4. The Peninsula – 16th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 58 12 28 88
Contemporary, luxury hotel offering tech-savvy rooms, a rooftop restaurant, an indoor pool, and a lavish spa. Family offerings include spacious suites for up to 4, package deals with discounts on connecting rooms, and family-friendly dining options. Beautiful location near the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées.
• Hotel website • Check prices for The Peninsula
5. Le Bristol – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 53 43 43 00
Beautiful spacious rooms. Great indoor swimming pool. Children and families are not an afterthought here and are truly welcomed and pampered. There’s a good kids menu, a garden treasure hunt, and a supervised kids club and playroom.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Le Bristol
6. Le Pavillon de la Reine – 3rd Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 40 29 19 19
Family-run, boutique hotel offering excellent dining, a cozy library and lounge, and a decadent spa in the Marais neighborhood. The hotel offers connecting rooms and spacious 2-bedroom suites that comfortably sleep up to 5, all featuring a blend of traditional and contemporary décor. Its hidden, ivy-covered courtyard entrance is located inside the historic Place de Vosges, just steps from the Picasso Museum and the Opéra Bastille.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Le Pavillon de la Reine
7. Le Royal Monceau – Raffles – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 42 99 88 00
Design-forward, 5-star hotel with a private cinema, top-notch dining, and a huge spa with one of the largest pools in the city. Family-friendly suites offer up to 3 bedrooms, while special family rates on connecting rooms add a second room for half-price, buffet breakfast, and welcome amenities for kids. Ideally situated in the 8th Arrondissement, with easy access to the Parc Monceau, Arc de Triomphe, and Champs-Élysées.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Le Royal Monceau
8. The Westin Paris Vendome – 1st Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 44 77 11 11
Very close to the Renaissance (also kid-friendly) but here you exchange the swimming pool for a larger room and suites are larger still. The Westin has kid-friendly service and great restaurants both in the hotel and just out the door. Tuileries metro station is very close.
• Hotel website • Check prices for The Westin Paris Vendome
9. Grand Powers Hotel – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 47 23 91 05
Family-friendly and pet-friendly, the hotel offers a charming café/cocktail bar and a therapeutic spa. Rooms and suites are sunny with marble bathrooms and mid-century modern style, most with views of the Eiffel Tower, and many with private balconies. Most rooms and all suites comfortably sleep 3 guests; junior suites and the Elegant Suite can connect to sleep 4 to 6. Superb location just a block from Champs-Élysées and a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the Grand Palace.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Grand Powers Hotel
10. La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa – 8th Arrondissement • luxury
Hotel phone: +33 1 58 36 60 60
Decadent boutique hotel set in an over-the-top Belle Époque mansion with an indoor swimming pool, a 2 Michelin star restaurant, and a full-service spa. Rooms, suites, and connecting rooms are all spacious ranging from 40 to 200 sqm. Family-friendly perks include butler service, babysitting, elephant plushies, coloring books, and more. Well-located in an upscale neighborhood just steps away from the Jardin des Champs-Élysées, Grand Palace, and surrounded by shopping and dining.
• Hotel website • Check prices for La Réserve Paris Hotel & Spa
11. Gardette Park Hotel – 11th Arrondissement • midrange
Hotel phone: +33 1 47 00 57 93
This is a great mid-range hotel and one of my favorites in Paris for families on a budget. The family suites have 2 single beds and a queen and are a good size for Paris. Across the street is a park with a playground and there are several good restaurants within a 3-minute walk. A great neighborhood but with few tourists so you feel like you’re really seeing Paris.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Gardette Park Hotel
12. Hôtel Paris Louvre Opéra – 1st Arrondissement • midrange
Hotel phone: +33 1 40 20 01 10
Family suites are 2 interconnected rooms each with twin beds. Fantastic location. Many restaurants nearby. Steps from the Pyramides metro station.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Hôtel Paris Louvre Opéra
13. Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel – 15th Arrondissement • midrange
Hotel phone: +33 1 40 58 20 00
Chain hotel that has clean simple rooms with friendly service. Nice swimming pool. Short walk to the Eiffel Tower. Close to Bir-Hakeim metro station.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Novotel Paris Tour Eiffel
14. Best Western Aramis St Germain – 6th Arrondissement • midrange
Hotel phone: +33 1 43 54 01 70
Great location in the center of St Germain. Triple rooms (2 twins and 1 sofa bed) and quadruple rooms (2 twins and 2 sofa beds). Steps from St Germain des Pres metro station.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Best Western Aramis St Germain
15. Staycity Aparthotel Gare de l’Est – 10th Arrondissement • budget
Hotel phone: +33 1 44 89 66 70
Large suites with kitchens and cookware close to Gare de l’Est and Gare du Nord (for Eurostar train to London). Friendly staff. Surrounding streets are not the most beautiful in Paris but there are plenty of places to eat, a food market, and good metro connections with the rest of the city.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Staycity Aparthotel
16. Timhotel Palais Royal – 2nd Arrondissement • budget
Hotel phone: +33 1 42 61 53 90
Best budget hotel near the Louvre. Triple rooms with 3 twin beds are simple but good. Bourse metro stop is very close.
• Hotel website • Check prices for Timhotel Palais Royal
More Paris Hotels for Families
All of these hotels have triple, quad, or family rooms. The larger the room the earlier they seem to be snatched up – so book early.
- Hotel du Lion d’Or Paris (1er, midrange, metro: Tuileries)
- La Maison Favart (2e, luxury, metro: Quatre-September)
- Ascot Opera (2e, midrange, metro: Quatre-September)
- Paris France Hotel (3e, budget, metro: Temple)
- Hotel Saint-Louis Marais (4e, midrange, metro: Sully-Morland)
- Hotel Jeanne D’arc (4e, budget, metro: Olympiades)
- Residence Henri IV (5e, midrange, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Marignan Hotel (5e, budget, metro: Maubert-Mutualité)
- Hotel Au Royal Cardinal (5e, budget, metro: Cardinal Lemoine)
- Résidence & Spa Le Prince Régent (6e, luxury, metro: Cluny-La Sorbonne)
- Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain – interconnected rooms (6e, midrange, metro: Odéon)
- Hôtel du Palais Bourbon (7e, midrange, metro: Varenne)
- Hotel de la Paix Tour Eiffel (7e, midrange, metro: École Militaire)
- Hotel du Cadran (7e, midrange, metro: École Militaire)
- Hotel Monsieur (8e, midrange, St Augustin)
- Champs Élysées Plaza Hotel (8e, luxury+, metro: Saint-Philippe du Roule)
- Londres Et New York (8e, midrange, metro: Saint-Lazare)
- Hôtel Langlois (9e, midrange, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Residhome Paris Opéra (9e, luxury, metro: Théâtre Mogador)
- Hôtel De La Paix (15e, midrange, metro: Boucicaut)
- Résidence Alma Marceau (16e, luxury, metro: Alma Marceau)
- Hotel Residence Foch (16e, midrange, metro: Porte Dauphine)
- Maison Armance (1er, midrange, metro: Concorde)
- Milestay Les Halles (1er, midrange, metro: Châtelet)
- Hôtel Baume (6e, midrange, metro: Odéon)
Family Apartments in Paris
Recommended apartment rentals for families in Paris. All units have kitchens. Most have washer/dryer and internet.
- Apartments Du Louvre
1 and 2 bedroom apartments sleep 4 to 6, the 2-bedroom duplex has a nice deck
- Loft with View of Eiffel Tower
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, full kitchen, sleeps 5
- Résidence du Lion d’Or Louvre
Loft apartment with kitchen, 1 bathroom, double bed and sofa bed, sleeps 4
- Résidence Charles Floquet – Highly recommended
Large apartments with full kitchen and multiple bathrooms, sleep families of 4 to 8, close to Eiffel Tower
- Short Stay Apartments Museum View
Cheap 1 bedroom apartments are small but have kitchenettes, sleep 4
- Luxury 2 Bedroom in Marais
2 bedroom apartments with 2 double beds and sofa bed, sleep 6
- Residence Central Marais
1 bedrooms sleep 4, split-level apartments sleep 6
All Paris Hotel Reviews
- Best Western Aramis
- Le Bristol Paris
- Le Cinq Codet
- Four Seasons Paris George V
- Gardette Park Hotel
- Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal
- Hôtel Chopin
- Hôtel des Grands Boulevards
- Hôtel Grand Powers
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée
- Hôtel Providence
- Maison Souquet
- Mandarin Oriental Paris
- Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel
- Le Meurice
- Off Paris Seine
- Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme
- Le Pavillon de la Reine
- The Peninsula Paris
- Relais Christine
- La Réserve Hotel & Spa
- Le Royal Monceau
- Saint James Paris
- Shangri-La Paris
- Best Hotels in Paris
- Best Budget Hotels in Paris
- Best Choice Hotels in Paris
- Best Boutique Hotels in Paris
- Best Hotels with Pools in Paris
- Best Hotels near Paris CDG Airport
- Where to Stay in Paris
- Paris Hotel Map
- Best Things to Do in Paris
- Paris with Kids
- Best Paris Tours
- Best Time to Visit Paris
- Best Restaurants in Paris
- Best Bars in Paris
- Best Bakeries and Chocolatiers in Paris
- Best Shops & Markets in Paris
- Best Books about Paris
- London to Paris by Eurostar
Top Travel Sites for Paris – My Recommendations
Best For Flights: Kayak.com • Skyscanner • Momondo
Kayak is the easiest to use. Skyscanner finds the cheapest rates. Momondo is the best for first and business class tickets.
Best For Renting A Car: Rentalcars.com
Great prices from all the biggest rental companies. Easy to use, safe, and reliable.
Best For Hotels: Booking.com
Awesome rates and great for vacation planning. All price ranges. Luxury hotels, 5-star boutiques, cheap hostels, house and apartment rentals.
Best For Tours: GetYourGuide.com
My favorite for booking tours and private tour guides.
Best for Travel Insurance: InsureMyTrip
Compare costs from over 30 insurance providers.