Seattle Travel Guide › Pike Place Market Hotels
Updated: January 31, 2023
Pike Place Market – Where To Stay
- Pike Place Market is the heart of downtown Seattle. In general, the closer your hotel is to Pike Place the better located you are.
- There are many trendy clubs, bars, and top-notch restaurants both in the market and in the half-dozen blocks northwest of the market – an area called Belltown. The downtown shopping area (to the east of the market) has fewer good restaurants (more chains).
- The best shopping is northeast of the market. This is where you’ll find many of the boutique shops and luxury chain stores. It’s a 5-minute walk from Pike Place Market to the downtown shopping district.
- Pioneer Square is southeast from the market and home to clubs and sports bars. Beyond it is the International District and just beyond that are the two sports stadiums for the Seahawks and Sounders (Lumen Field) and the Mariners (T-Mobile Park). All of this area is walkable from downtown and Pike Place Market.
- The waterfront looks close to downtown and Pike Place Market but it’s somewhat cut off from the center by a busy road and plenty of steps. It’s not difficult to walk from the waterfront to downtown but it can still feel like a hassle. Much better to stay in downtown proper if that’s where you’ll spend most of your time.
- The Four Seasons is the best Pike Place Market hotel for families with kids.
The 6 Best Hotels near Pike Place Market
1. Four Seasons
Located a 2-minute walk from the center of Pike Place Market and across the street from the Seattle Art Museum. Plush and spacious guest rooms and suites, stunning views. Full spa and beautiful heated outdoor infinity pool overlooking the Puget Sound.
This is a fantastic romantic/honeymoon hotel. Located within Pike Place Market and surrounded (literally) by amazing restaurants, this is Seattle’s premier boutique hotel. Incredible views, large rooms, and sophistication in the heart of the tourist scene (without feeling touristy). Rooftop lounge has fire pits and views of the water and market.
Seattle’s newest luxury hotel has a modern feel and fantastic location. Floor to ceiling windows, sweeping water and mountain views to the west. Contemporary and stylish with an awesome rooftop bar. Steps from Pike Place Market.
Boutique hotel with a cozy plant-filled lobby and a vintage vibe, steps from the shops, stalls, and restaurants of Pike Place Market. Rooms have a vibrant green and floral decor, large windows that let in lots of light, refrigerators and electric kettles, and whimsical design elements like old-fashioned telephones. Many rooms overlook the market with views that extend over Puget Sound.
5. The State
91-room boutique hotel within a lovingly-restored 1902 building. Mid-century meets Art-Deco decor, local and bespoke artwork. Excellent and reasonably-priced on-site restaurant, 8th-floor rooftop terrace with amazing views. Unbeatable location for restaurants, shopping, and sightseeing – just one block from Pike Place Market.
6. The Charter
Trendy new hotel two-blocks from Pike Place Market. Rooms are large and luxurious. Rooftop bar and has an outdoor deck and good city views.
Best Cheap/Midrange Hotel near Pike Place Market
- Ace Hotel – Great place to stay with good location (in Belltown) and reasonable rates