Argo is located on the main foot path in Fira and overlooking the caldera with gorgeous sea and sunset views from the upstairs dining area. There are 2 restaurants across the path with better caldera views but Argo has better food. The restaurant is named after one of the most famous tales in Greek mythology, Jason and the Argonauts, who sailed the seas upon the ship, Argo, in search of the Golden Fleece. A casual but trendy environment with nautical decor giving nod to the famous mythological tale it is named after. Argo serves traditional Greek and Santorinian dishes with a modern twist using fresh local ingredients, including fresh fish. Meat, seafood, pasta, and vegetarian options available. Some delish menu items include: Argo’s specialty dish, shrimp saganaki with graviera cheese from Naxos; fava puré, a Santorinian specialty, topped with grilled octopus and a moderately spicy sauce and the Santorini salad with Santorinian cherry tomatoes, arugula, spring onions, sundried tomatoes, raisins, pine nuts, and parmigiano cheese topped with a honey dressing, a nice alternative to the traditional Greek salad.
Argo Hours and Information
- Season: Open daily early March to early December
- Hours: Open daily 12pm to 11:45pm. Reservations recommended for dinner 7:30 to close.
- Website: argo-restaurant-santorini.com
- Location: Thera 847 00
- Telephone: + 30-22-860-22594
- View: Of the caldera from the upstairs patio.
- Parking: Free parking near the central square in Fira, close to the bus terminal.
- Bus: About 400 meters, or about a 10 minute walk, from the main bus terminal in Fira.
- Best Restaurants in Santorini
- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Best Cheap Hotels in Santorini
- Best Hotel Infinity Pools in Santorini
- Best Villas in Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Best Wine Tours in Santorini
- Best Boat Tours in Santorini
- Best Beaches in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Santorini Holidays
- Maps of Santorini
- Videos of Santorini