• Affiliate Disclosure: All hotel links on my site are affiliate links meaning I earn a small fee when you book a hotel. (There is never any extra cost to you for using these links).
• Charitable Giving: I use some of these earnings for my monthly donation.
• Updates: Get my free newsletter and all new travel guides, maps & hotel reviews.
On This Page
Santorini Hotels – Tips & Advice
- Booking.com – The best site (and the best prices) for booking hotels in Santorini.
- Book hotels early. The best Santorini hotels sellout 6 to 10 months in advance. (Booking.com has free cancelation for most hotels so you’re better off reserving early and then canceling if you need to.)
- Best Santorini Luxury Hotels: Grace • Katikies
- Best Santorini Boutique Hotels: Cosmopolitan Suites • Aspaki by Art Maisons • Carpe Diem • Tsitouras Collection
- Best Santorini Honeymoon Hotels: Cosmopolitan Suites • Katikies • Art Maisons Oia Castle • Cavo Tagoo • Sophia Suites
- Best Santorini Towns: Fira, Oia, Imerovigli, and Firostefani. They all have fantastic views of the volcano and caldera. These are the towns that make Santorini so special.
- Best Fira Hotels: Aria Suites • Cosmopolitan Suites • Athina Luxury Suites
- Best Oia Hotels: Katikies • Kirini Santorini • Canaves Suites
- Best Imerovigli Hotels: Grace • Astra Suites • Iconic Santorini
- Best Firostefani Hotels: Tsitouras Collection • Homeric Poems • Belvedere
- Santorini Hotels with Best Sunset View: Grace • Esperas Traditional Houses • Santorini Princess Spa Hotel • Celestia Grand
- Cheap Hotels in Fira: San Giorgio Villas (no view) • Costa Marina Villa (caldera view)
- Cheap Hotels in Oia: Zoe Aegeas (caldera view) • Anemomilos (no view) • Strogili (caldera view)
- Cheap Hotels in Imerovigli: Merovigliosso (no view) • Kasimatis Studios (caldera view)
- Cheap Hotels in Firostefani: Hotel Sofia (no view) • Agali Houses (caldera view)
- The Best New Hotels in Santorini are Istoria Hotel • Myst Boutique Hotel • Canaves Epitome
- Best restaurants in Santorini: Roka (Oia) • Candouni (Oia) • Ammoudi Fish Taverna (Ammoudi) • Athenian House (Imerovigli) • Avocado (Imerovigli) • Argo (Fira) • Ouzeri (Fira) • Naoussa (Fira) • Lucky’s Souvlaki (Fira) • Metaxi Mas (Exo Gonia) • Cava Alta (Pyrgos) • Cave of Nikolas (Akrotiri) • Savvas Popeye Taverna (Perivolos)
- Best bars in Santorini: Tropical (Fira – great views and sunset) • PK Cocktail Bar (great cocktails and sunset views) • Franco’s Pyrgos (romantic spot for sunsets and champagne cocktails) • Kira Thira Jazz Bar (Fira – small club, great vibe) • Two Brothers (Fira – fun, friendly, and crazy) • Koo Bar (Fira – best dance club) • Hasapiko (Oia – super fun, also known as Mary Kay, the only true bar in Oia)
- Helpful links: Best Things To Do on Santorini • Best Time to Visit Santorini • Best Restaurants on Santorini • Best Beaches on Santorini • Best Towns on Santorini • Last Minute Santorini • Best Infinity Pools on Santorini • Athens to Santorini • Mykonos to Santorini • Crete to Santorini
The Best Hotels in Santorini
Santorini is known for its fantastic hotels and the best luxury hotels on Santorini are essentially boutique hotels – small privately owned hotels. There are no large impersonal chain hotels on Santorini. There are no all-inclusive hotels or mega resorts in Santorini.
The towns along the caldera on the west side of the island (Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli, and Oia) are where you’ll find most of the five-star hotels on Santorini. The views and settings in these 4 villages are magical. It’s easy to walk between Fira, Firostefani, and Imerovigli but Oia is a two-hour hike (or 10 minutes by bus or taxi) north of Imerovigli so feels like a separate part of the island.
Of any destination in Europe, Santorini is the one place where splurging on a great hotel is money well spent. In so many destinations (Paris, London, Rome) you spend a majority of your day out and about. But in Santorini, with those incredible views, it’s common for people to spend a good chunk of their holiday lounging on their deck, jaw dropped, staring out into the caldera.
1. Grace Santorini – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 21300
Grace is the best hotel in Imerovigli. It has amazing views of the caldera and sunset and looks out on the iconic Skaros Rock. All rooms are unique and enchanting. The restaurant is fantastic and the pool is among the best along the caldera. The catch? You need to book at Grace months (sometimes years) in advance. Review of Grace Santorini.
2. Katikies Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71401
Katikies is the best hotel in Oia. Trendy vibe, great location (easy access by taxi unlike some of Oia’s hotels), 3 swimming pools, wonderful breakfast. Their intimate restaurant is one of Santorini’s finest and has only 4 tables. Katikies is one of the few hotels in Oia that has an elevator if you’re worried about climbing steps. Review of Katikies Hotel.
3. Tsitouras Collection – Firostefani
Hotel phone: +30 22860 23747
Run by 2 energetic owners (George and Eleni) who are filled with passion, charm, and helpfulness. This is a magical little hotel with fantastic views, suites, and service. And rare for Santorini: few steps and little climbing are required to get to and from the hotel. Nice pool too. Review of The Tsitouras Collection.
4. Canaves Oia Suites – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71453
Picturesque white washed cave suites. The pool overlooks the caldera and has a pool bar. Some suites have a private pool. The magical 3-bedroom villa sleeps up to 7 and has a full kitchen. The restaurant is one of Oia’s best and the hotel has an elevator (good for people that find the many stairs challenging). Review of Canaves Oia Suites.
5. Carpe Diem – Pyrgos
Hotel phone: +30 22860 34090
This understated, romantic retreat offers elegant accommodations, exceptional dining, a decadent spa, and an infinity pool with panoramic views over the island. All suites offer ample space, utmost privacy, exclusive plunge pools (6 heated, 4 unheated), and both sunrise and sunset views. Dining is phenomenal at the private restaurant Gaia, led by Santorini’s most influential chef. Unparalleled, bespoke service completes the experience with a 1-to-1 guest-staff ratio, 24-hour butler service, and a host of experiences and packages tailored to guests’ desires. Review of Carpe Diem.
6. Astra Suites – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 24763
Many magazines have called Astra Suites the best hotel in Greece and it’s hard to summon much of an argument. Suites are huge and beautifully decorated. All have a kitchenette and private terrace. The infinity pool looks out into the caldera and sunset views are among the best on the island. Review of Astra Suites.
7. Cavo Tagoo – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 27900
Stylish, luxury hotel with incredible views of the caldera and sunset (looking north towards Oia). All suites have a private hot tub or plunge pool and face the caldera. Pool is awesome and bar/restaurant has a hip trendy vibe. Located in a remote section along the caldera about a 15-minute walk north of Imerovigli. Bus stop is steps from hotel. Review of Cavo Tagoo.
8. Athina Luxury Suites – Fira
Hotel phone: +30 22860 24910
Athina Luxury Suites enjoys a privileged location on the Fira caldera, overlooking the volcanoes at sunset and steps to the island’s best dining and nightlife. Each suite is completely unique, but all feature upscale minimalist design and sweeping sunset views from their private balconies; many add private, outdoor jacuzzis. The pool overlooks the caldera, and the restaurant is dynamite. One of only a handful of family-friendly hotels on the caldera, Athina offers babysitting and has several suites large enough to accommodate groups of 4 to 6. Review of Athina Luxury Suites.
9. Perivolas – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71308
Cave hotel with minimalist design, incredible infinity pool, and greats views. Every suite has a kitchenette, some have private pool. Review of Perivolas Hotel.
10. Cosmopolitan Suites – Fira
Hotel phone: +30 22860 25632
Great location in the heart of Fira and one of Santorini’s best infinity pools. The suites are not huge but at Cosmopolitan it’s all about the views, location, and pool. The 2-bedroom villa is wonderful and good for a larger group or family (but kids have to be older than 13). Nightlife is steps from the front door. I love this place. Review of Cosmopolitan Suites.
11. Istoria – Perivolos Beach
Hotel phone: +30 22860 85051
This brand new hotel is the most luxurious property on the eastern half of the island. Istoria has a lavish infinity pool, sophisticated dining, holistic spa, and a posh, serviced beach on a long stretch of black sand. All suites are well-appointed with fine linens, leather, and bespoke furnishings; most have a private, outdoor jacuzzi or plunge pool. Review of Istoria.
12. Aria Suites – Fira
Hotel phone: +30 22860 28650
The best luxury hotel in Fira for families. A 3 minute walk to shops and restaurants, but still relatively quiet. Only a handful of suites (all of them large) so book early. One of the few luxury hotels on Santorini that allows young children (largely because it sits back from the caldera’s edge). Very few steps to access the hotel so good for those with limited mobility. And just opened in 2017 are four new huge villas (pictures above) that are pure luxury with fantastic views and private plunge pools. (They’re a 30 second walk from the hotel and main pool.) Review of Aria Suites.
13. Homeric Poems – Firostefani
Hotel phone: +30 22860 24661
Luxury hotel with a cliffside infinity pool and stunning caldera views conveniently located in the heart of Firostefani. All rooms and suites offer terraces with expansive caldera views. The newly renovated Cave Suites sleep up to 4 with a loft layout, while the Grand Suites offer their most luxe accommodations and include an indoor jacuzzi tub and an outdoor private plunge pool. An a la carte breakfast is included and served to each room daily; the pool bar and room service menu feature upscale Santorinian and Mediterranean recipes. Review of Homeric Poems.
14. Iconic Santorini – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 28950
Boutique luxury hotel offering astounding caldera views throughout the property and from each suite, many of which feature private, heated jacuzzis, or plunge pools. Iconic Santorini features cave-style architecture, a fantastic Greek restaurant, holistic spa, and a magical infinity pool. Service is hands-on and heartfelt; expect to be pampered here. Review of Iconic Santorini.
15. Celestia Grand – Mesaria/South Fira
Hotel phone: +30 22860 25900
A glamorous collection of luxury villas, all with kitchenettes, spacious terraces, private heated pools, and direct sunset views. All villas have indoor jacuzzi tubs; some add outdoor hot tubs. Villas range from studio up to 2-bedroom units with some villas divided over 2 floors. 5-star perks include airport and port transfer, an all-day shuttle to Fira, and daily breakfast delivery. VIP services include helicopter charters, private caldera cruises, and personal chef service. Celestia Grand sits on the caldera in Mesaria, about 2 km south of Fira, easy to access but removed from the crowds. Review of Celestia Grand Villas.
16. Kirini – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71236
Boasting a tranquil, full-service spa with a cave pool, an infinity pool overlooking the caldera, and an upscale restaurant and bar. Views are phenomenal from every suite, most of which include a private jacuzzi or private pool. Service is attentive and personalized. Review of Kirini.
17. Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 36737
The best hotel for families in Santorini, Andronis Concept Wellness is completely unique in the area, offering 3 community pools, a superb spa, and amazing suites all with private, heated, plunge pools. Its spa is the largest in Santorini, featuring a range of skin and massage treatments, signature sunset yoga, and integrated spa-fitness-meal packages. Family perks include kids yoga, cooking classes, and kids in-room amenities. The restaurant’s menu is overseen by a nutritionist and features healthy, delicious dishes using local ingredients, many of which are grown onsite. Review of Andronis Concept Wellness Resort.
18. Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 25870
The hotel might have the best sunset view of the caldera hotels and has views from Oia to Akrotiri and all the islands, volcanoes, and Skaros Rock in between. There’s a fabulous infinity pool, full-service cave spa, contemporary Greek cuisine, and amazing cocktails. Service is attentive but never stuffy, and the ambiance is warm and inviting. Review of Santorini Princess Spa Hotel.
19. Chromata Hotel – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 23227
Long one of the island’s best hotels the recipe is still the same: great views, nice pool, fantastic service, and beautifully decorated suites that cascade down the side of the cliff. Every room has a sea view and private veranda. The Chromata and Honeymoon suites are pure luxury. Review of Chromata Hotel.
20. Belvedere Suites – Firostefani
Hotel phone: +30 22860 25650
Views and location are 5 star. Rooms are not in the luxury category but still nice and good value. Suites are worth the extra money (for the view). Review of Belvedere Suites.
21. Canaves Oia Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71844
A flawlessly beautiful property with dazzling sunset views, incredible Greek-Mediterranean dining, and a refreshing pool. Every cave-style suite features hand-crafted architecture, a private terrace with breathtaking caldera views, and perks including a pillow menu and complimentary wine. Most suites add a private plunge pool. Review of Canaves Oia Hotel.
22. Anteliz – Fira
Hotel phone: +30 22860 28842
Anteliz Suites has a magical mix of dreamy sunsets, tranquil surroundings, supreme hospitality, and easy access to Fira’s best dining and nightlife. Highlights include a pool with an attached jacuzzi, a dining terrace with caldera views, and elegant suites with private, heated pools or jacuzzis. Anteliz also has fewer stairs than most other hotels on the caldera. Review of Anteliz Suites.
23. White Pearl Villas – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 69880 64128
Romantic, adults-only, luxury villas with caldera sunset views, all featuring a private Jacuzzi or pool. Each spacious villa is between 30 to 60 sqm and includes a kitchenette and private terrace. With only 11 villas in total, service is intimate and personalized. These private villas are spread throughout various sites, all within a short walk of the hotel’s partner cafe Passaggio, one of the best on the island. Excellent location on the prized Oia caldera, within steps of amazing dining, shopping, and attractions. Review of White Pearl Villas.
24. Above Blue – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 24644
A charming, luxury boutique featuring private jacuzzi suites and a villa with a private plunge pool, all with jaw-dropping, sunset caldera views. Champagne breakfasts are delivered daily to each suite, while dinner service is hosted on their intimate dining terrace. Above Blue’s infinity-edge pool, warm hospitality, and unique suites complete the experience. Review of Above Blue.
25. Ikies Traditional Houses – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71311
Ikies is in a quiet location at the south end of Oia (just beyond Perivolas). There’s a small pool and some rooms have private patio and jacuzzi. The full breakfast is made to order and delivered to your terrace. Suites come in a variety of sizes. Views are amazing. Review of Ikies Traditional Houses.
26. Aenaon Villas – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 27014
Perched on one of the highest points in the caldera, Aenaon Villas is a serene hideaway with expansive views of the caldera sunset and the Aegean sunrise. Its 6 luxury villas offer a blend of traditional Cycladic design with modern minimalism. Amenities include bespoke service and a caldera-view pool; 2 villas have their own private water features: 1 with an outdoor jacuzzi and 1 with an outdoor pool. Review of Aenaon Villas.
27. Maregio – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 72218
Gorgeous hotel at the Oia windmills in traditional, whitewashed cave style with direct sunset views over Ammoudi Bay. All suites and the villa include private, outdoor, heated plunge pool. Maregio offers more private accommodations than other nearby caldera hotels, thanks to their high walls and location at the western tip of the island. Review of Maregio Suites.
28. San Antonio – Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 24388
This is a stunning hotel. If you want quiet and seclusion with amazing views and infinity pool then this is the place. The perfect hotel for a romantic honeymoon. The only caveat is that there’s not a lot nearby – there is a bus stop just out the door but most people will want to rent a car if they’re serious about sightseeing. The walk to Imerovigli is a gorgeous 40 minute hike along the caldera path (and Oia is 50 minutes in the opposite direction). Review of San Antonio.
29. Andronis Boutique Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 72182
Refined, luxury all-suite hotel on the Oia caldera with a decadent restaurant and 2 pools, 1 heated and 1 cool. Each hand-sculpted cave suite is completely unique, though all offer private, heated jacuzzis or pools and spectacular caldera views from their private terraces. Dining at Lauda Restaurant is a highlight and features a menu designed by a Michelin 3-star chef. Review of Andronis Boutique Hotel.
30. Vedema Resort – Megalochori
Hotel phone: +30 22860 81796
Family friendly, five-star resort with spacious suites, a fantastic restaurant, and a pool in a medieval village in the heart of Santorini’s wine country. Vedema Resort offers one and two-bedroom suites and 3-bedroom villas interspersed with gardens, which create much more privacy than you’ll find in any caldera hotel. Located within the traditional village of Megalochori, there are several restaurants, shops, and tasting rooms within walking distance, plus Vedema offers free transportation to Fira and Perivolos Beach. Review of Vedema Resort .
31. Myst Boutique Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71660
Brand new, luxury hotel with an infinity pool and a fantastic restaurant in a quiet neighborhood just a short walk from central Oia. This adults-only hotel offers stylish rooms with private terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis in all but 2. Light fare, modern Greek comfort foods, and a full bar are all available throughout the day; breakfast is included in the room rate. The infinity pool and all rooms offer views of the Aegean Sea (not the caldera), many with sunset sea views. Located in a serene neighborhood of Oia, Myst offers seclusion and privacy with easy access to the village’s best dining, attractions, and the caldera, just a 12-minute walk away.Review of Myst Boutique Hotel.
32. Oia Castle Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71831
Every suite is unique and amazing. Very romantic and wonderful sunset views. The Cave Pool Suite is one of the best on the island. Review of Oia Castle Hotel.
33. Mystique – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71114
Incredible views, great food, private terraces, one of the quieter hotels in Oia yet still walking distance to the center of town. Review of Mystique.
34. Canaves Oia Epitome – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 72499
Decadent boutique hotel with a pool in a secluded location just 500 meters from the heart of Oia. Generous suites and villas offer private plunge pools or swimming pools, private verandas, and sunset sea views (not of the caldera). The two fantastic restaurants highlight modern takes on Greek-Mediterranean cuisine, while their signature champagne breakfast offers a different menu daily. Review of Canaves Oia Epitome.
35. Esperas Santorini Hotel – Oia
Hotel phone: +30 22860 71088
Authentic, cave-style, boutique hotel under the Oia windmills with a pool and unobstructed caldera views throughout the property. The pool, restaurant, bar, and 7 of the 21 studios and houses offer direct sunset views. Each studio and house is unique, having been sculpted from the cliffside by hand; 6 have private plunge pools or jacuzzis. Decor is traditional, service is heartfelt, and the location is surprisingly private. Review of Esperas Santorini Hotel.
36. Remezzo –Imerovigli
Hotel phone: +30 22860 23030
Family-owned boutique hotel with a pool set in a converted 1800s winery on the Imerovigli caldera. Almost all rooms, suites, and the villa offer gorgeous sunset caldera views, some with private outdoor jacuzzis and pools. Breakfast is a major highlight here, where every morning sees a new, 5-course Greek spread featuring family-recipes. An ideal choice for a homey, local feeling. Review of Remezzo.
Where should I stay on Santorini?
Deciding where to stay is the first and trickiest decision visitors to Santorini need to make. It’s not an easy choice.
Map of Santorini Towns
1) Caldera vs Beach
This is the first decision to be made.
Do you want to stay in the towns along the cliff with the stunning views looking down into the caldera?
Or, do you want to stay at one of the beach towns on the opposite side of the island? It’s still a pretty setting but lacks views of the caldera and volcano.
Santorini has the shape of a doorstop. A cliff on one side (the caldera’s edge) that slopes down to the beaches on the other side. It’s about a 10 or 15-minute drive from one side of the island to the other.
If you stay at one of the Beaches the choice is pretty simple and not overly important. There are 2 main towns: Kamari and Perissa (Perivolos beach is an extension of Perissa). Kamari is more developed and has more shops, bars, hotels, and restaurants. Perissa has a slightly better beach. I’d recommend Kamari for the restaurant and bar scene (never crazy). Kamari also has a shorter trip into Fira. There’s a boat that travels between Kamari and Perissa so it’s easy to enjoy both on the same day.
2) What Town on the Caldera?
Most people decide to stay along the Caldera. It’s a good choice and what I recommend. It’s what makes Santorini unique. But now you have to decide which town – and it’s not an easy decision.
But heh, it’s a good problem to have. Too many great places to stay.
There are 4 main towns along the caldera: Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli, and Oia.
Fira – The Most restaurants, nightlife, shopping. Great views.
Firostefani – Quiet. An easy walk to Fira. Great views.
Imerovigli – Very quiet. A bus, taxi ride, or 25 minute walk from Fira. The best views on the island. A half-dozen wonderful restaurants.
Oia – Many restaurants, some high-end shopping, but little nightlife. Romantic. Great views.
The largest town on the island and the center of the restaurant, shopping, and nightlife scene. The view of the caldera from Fira is spectacular but sunset views will often be impeded by the presence of Thirassia – a small island to Santorini’s west. Fira is2 also the bus hub so every other town is just one bus trip away. Conversely, a trip between 2 other towns will often involve a change of buses in Fira (e.g. Oia to Kamari requires a bus from Oia to Fira, and then Fira to Kamari – not a big deal but it can get tiring after a few days of busing around the island). If you’re in Santorini to party and hit the clubs then you’ll be spending plenty of time in Fira. Of course, the booming nightlife can be loud if your hotel is near the town center. Noise levels are strictly limited along the caldera so if your hotel is perched there you probably won’t have a loud-music problem.
The Best Hotels in Fira
Aria Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 28650)
Great pool and location. Superb luxury suites & villas. The villas (pictured above) have better views and private hot tubs.
More Fira Luxury Hotels
The most romantic and enchanting town on Santorini. Criss-crossed with lanes and alleys and jaw-dropping views around every corner. People gather here every night – sitting on walls and steps and rooftops – to watch the sunset. Though Imerovigli might have better views the magic of Oia is the town, the people, the wine, and the setting. It can be busy but it never feels overwhelmingly crowded. Some of the best places to eat are found in Oia and only Fira has more shops and restaurants. There are many places to get a drink late into the evening but for dancing and partying you’ll want to hop a bus or taxi to Fira. The walk from Oia to Fira (in either direction) takes about 2 hours and is one of the magical highlights of a visit to Santorini.
The Best Hotels in Oia
Katikies Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71401)
Simply put, one of the best hotels in Greece. 5 star everything.
More Oia Luxury Hotels
- Kirini Santorini • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71214)
- Canaves Oia Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71453)
- Perivolas • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71308)
- Canaves Oia Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71453)
- Ikies Traditional Houses • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71311)
- Maregio Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 72218)
- Andronis Boutique Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 72182)
- Oia Castle Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 71831)
- Mystique • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 071114)
- The Best Hotels in Oia
The best views of any town. Imerovigli is at a higher elevation than any other town along the caldera which gives it the best views of both the sunset and the volcano. Whereas sunset views from Fira can sometimes be impeded by neighboring islands most Imerovigli hotels have a clear view of the setting sun. This is the quietest of the 4 towns and there is no nightlife here. Though the town is small it has some of Santorini’s best restaurants and a few shops and markets. Firostefani is a 15-minute walk away along the clifftop path and Fira another 10 minutes where the choices to eat and shop expand exponentially. Buses go every 30 to 45 minutes in both directions: south to Fira and north to Oia.
The Best Hotels in Imerovigli
Astra Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 023641)
Incredible views, nice pool, kitchenettes in all suites.
More Imerovigli Luxury Hotels
- Grace Santorini • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 021300)
- Iconic Santorini • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 28950)
- Andronis Concept Wellness Resort • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 36737)
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 25870)
- Cavo Tagoo • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 027900)
- Chromata Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 024850)
- Above Blue Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 21072 13253)
- Aenaon Villas • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 027014)
- San Antonio Luxury Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 24388)
- The Best Hotels in Imerovigli
An extension of Fira and an easy 15 minute walk along the caldera path from all the shops and restaurants of Fira. It’s hard to tell where Fira ends and Firostefani begins – it all seems like the same town as you wander between them. The views here are just as wonderful as Fira. Many people go into Fira for dinner and then walk back later in the evening but there are plenty of good restaurants in Firostefani. There is no nightlife – for clubs and bars you’ll definitely be heading to Fira – but the lack of partying makes for a quieter town.
The Best Hotels in Firostefani
Tsitouras Collection • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 23747)
Wonderful setting, pool, views, and suites. Charming and helpful owners.
More Firostefani Luxury Hotels
- The Belvedere • (Hotel phone: +30 2286 025650)
- Homeric Poems • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 24661)
- Mill House Elegant Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 27117)
- Dana Villas • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 22566)
- Agali Houses • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 22811)
- Villa Ilias • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 24279)
- The Best Hotels in Firostefani
Kamari has a wonderful family-friendly atmosphere, a pedestrian beach-front walkway, and loads of restaurants. It’s a 15 minute bus ride to Fira making day trips to the caldera towns easy to execute. It’s a pebble beach but the swimming is cool, refreshing, and wonderful. I still recommend that visitors stay along the caldera (because that’s what makes Santorini so unique and spectacular) but spending a few days or a week in this easy-going town is no hardship.
The Best Hotels in Kamari
Santorini Kastelli Resort • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 31530)
More Kamari Luxury Hotels
Perissa Beach has nicer sand than Kamari, but it’s also farther from Fira than Kamari which makes visiting the caldera a bit more of an outing. Many new luxury hotels and beach clubs are opening in Perissa, especially on the south end, though there are still plenty of great low-key restaurants and bars. The south end of Perissa Beach is known as Perivolos Beach and has a good mix of luxury and affordable hotels. At the tail end of Perivolos Beach is Agios Georgios Beach, which has a handful of fine dining restaurants and luxury beach clubs.
The Best Hotels in Perissa
Istoria Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 22860 85051)
More Perissa Luxury Hotels
Santorini Hotels with Private Jacuzzi or Plunge Pool
There are several hotels on Santorini with private pools of one sort or another – swimming pools, plunge pools, jacuzzis, hot tubs, 2-person baths.
Larger pools (whether private or for the entire hotel) are usually not heated so while people might wonder about the benefit of having a hot tub on a semi-tropical island they get plenty of use by visitors. During July and August nights will usually remain warm but in May, June, September, and October it can get cool after the sun goes down and a small heated pool can be a welcome addition to a suite.
One of my favorite new hotels on Santorini is Sophia Suites in Imerovigli. A stunning location with incredible views and all suites have private plunge pools.
Santorini Hotels with Private Plunge Pool or Jacuzzi
- Aria Suites (villas only) – Fira
- Astro Palace Hotel & Suites – Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites – Fira
- Celestia Grand – Fira
- Keti Hotel – Fira
- Dana Villas – Firostefani
- Agali Houses – Firostefani
- Grace Santorini – Imerovigli
- White Hotel – Imerovigli
- Pegasus Spa Hotel – Imerovigli
- Senses Boutique Hotel – Imerovigli
- Astra Suites – Imerovigli
- Aqua Luxury Suites – Imerovigli
- Dreams Luxury Suites – Imerovigli
- Absolute Bliss – Imerovigli
- Iliovasilema Hotel & Suites – Imerovigli
- Aenaon Villas – between Oia and Imerovigli
- San Antonio Hotel – between Oia and Imerovigli
- Armeni Luxury Suites – Oia
- Aspaki by Art Maisons – Oia
- Esperas Hotel – Oia
- Filotera Suites – Oia
- Canaves Oia Hotel – Oia
- Kastro Oia Houses – Oia
- Santorini Secret – Oia
- Perivolas – Oia
- Vedema Resort – Megalochori
- Santorini Kastelli Resort – Kamari
FAQ on Hotels and Santorini
What is the best hotel in the Santorini beach towns?
Kastelli Resort (Hotel phone: +30 22860 31530) is the best hotel along the beach.
The hotels at the beach towns don’t have the luxury status as those along the caldera but Kastelli comes pretty close. It has large rooms and 4 pools of varying size are spread around the grounds. The beach and lots of restaurants are a 2 minute walk away. Breakfast is huge and very good.
As I say above, I don’t recommend staying at the beach as the caldera is what makes Santorini so unique. But if you still want to stay there then Kamari is the best town (the closest to Fira) and Kastelli is the best hotel.
Can you recommend some hotels to stay that aren’t quite so expensive?
On Santorini you get what you pay for. That said, if you’re willing to compromise a little on the view, the amenities, or on having a pool there are several places that offer very good value.
Here are some good hotels without the five-star price tag.
If you’re in Santorini for great views and don’t care much about the location of your hotel then there are a collection of hotels a 20-minute walk south of Fira that have a great perch on the caldera’s cliff. They have very good rates in comparison to the hotels in the main towns. Take a look at Volcano View, and Lilium Santorini Villa.
What’s better? A sunset view hotel or a caldera view hotel?
I’d choose a caldera view. It’s there all day. The sunset is only there for a few minutes. And it’s also fun to join the crowds and drink a bottle of wine on the steps of Oia as the sun sets – so it’s not as if you’re foregoing the sunset by choosing a hotel with a caldera view.
What hotel has the best views on Santorini?
Imerovigli has the highest elevation of any village on the caldera and thus has some of the best views of the caldera and sunset.
If I could only pick one hotel for the title of Best Caldera View it would be Santorini Grace. Simply amazing views in 3 different directions (north to Oia, west towards Thirassia, and south towards Fira).
Nearby hotels that look more towards Oia are Kasimatis Studios, Galaxy Suites, Avaton Resort & Spa. These 3 probably have the highest perch on Santorini. The views are amazing out over the caldera. Great sunset views with Oia off to the right.
Near Grace are Astra Suites and Tholos Resort. These 3 hotels are on the point of Imerovigli and have near straight on view of Skaros Rock. It’s the postcard picture of the Santorini caldera. But they have a slightly lower elevation than Kasimatis, Galaxy, and Avaton.
Midway between Imerovigli and Oia is Aenaon Villas. Perhaps a little isolated for some (perfect for those looking for solitude) but the views here are extraordinary with both Imerovigli (to the left) and Oia (to the right) within view.
In the opposite direction (towards Fira) but still in Imerovigli are Chromata and Altana Traditional Houses and Suites. Great views though depending on the time of year the sunset can be slightly obscured.
Oia has many hotels with similar views, but standouts include Ikies, Canaves, Katikies (these hotels look in the caldera but don’t have perfect sunset views) and Esperas Traditional Houses (which looks towards the sunset and Ammoudi Bay but not into the caldera).
What’s the best hotel in Santorini not on the caldera?
Vedema Resort is located in the quiet village of Megalochori, 10 minutes from Fira. This is a great place to avoid the crowds (but there are no caldera views). The Presidential and Athenian Family suites are huge and great for families. The pool is one of the largest on Santorini. The food is top notch and there are a couple of great local restaurants (and a winery) within a short walk.
What are the best Santorini hotels for privacy, quiet, and solitude?
Three hotels stand out as providing a quiet and peaceful setting far from the crowds of Fira and Oia. All of these would be great for a honeymoon, romantic getaway, or just privacy and relaxation. (Aenaon Villas is pictured above.)
- Aenaon Villas – Imerovigli (Hotel phone: +30 22860 27014)
- Zannos Melathron Hotel – Pyrgos (Hotel phone: +30 22860 28220)
- Vedema Resort – Megalochori (Hotel phone: +30 2286 081796)
When should I book my hotel?
As early as possible. The best luxury hotels start filling up 6 to 12 months in advance. Bookings for weddings are often made 1 to 3 years in advance. You can usually always find a place to stay on the island but if you’re booking your room within 2 to 3 months of a summer visit the very best hotels will likely be fully booked.
What is a cave hotel and where are they found?
Cave hotels are much like what they sound. Rooms that are built into the side of the cliff. They typically have curved ceilings and asymmetrical architecture. They can be one-room suites or have multiple rooms. They will usually have a terrace that sits outside the underground portion of the dwelling. Cave houses stay remarkable cool during the heat of the summer. They are usually found in the villages of Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli, and Oia. Most of the luxury hotels listed above have cave suites.
What town has the best restaurants on Santorini?
Fira has the most choice – and the best selection of inexpensive food (just walk away from caldera and into the center of town). Oia, nearby Amoudi Bay, and Imerovigli have a higher concentration of top-notch restaurants. If I could only eat in one town for the whole trip it would be Imerovigli. These are my favorite restaurants in Santorini.
When is the best time to visit Santorini?
September is my favorite month, but anytime between May and late-October is great. If you’re not in Santorini to suntan and not bothered by a bit of grey sky then March, April, and November can be great times to visit. The beach towns get very quiet outside of June to September. The caldera towns have a longer tourist season but even their shops, restaurants, and hotels start to close in early November. Most luxury hotels are open from March 1 to November 15. In recent years more hotels and restaurants are staying open year-round as off-season travel to Santorini has increased. The slowest months are December, January, and February when Fira is the only town with any pulse.
Is there a must-do thing we have to experience on Santorini?
My number one recommendation is to walk the cliff-path along the top of the caldera from Fira to Oia. It takes 2 to 4 hours and has absolutely incredible views of the volcano.
Santorini Hotel Reviews
- Anteliz Suites – Fira
- Aria Suites and Villas – Fira
- Athina Luxury Suites – Fira
- Celestia Grand Villas – Near Fira
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Fira
- Above Blue Suites – Imerovigli
- Absolute Bliss – Imerovigli
- Aenaon Villas – Imerovigli
- Andronis Concept Wellness – Imerovigli
- Astra Suites – Imerovigli
- Cavo Tagoo – Imerovigli
- Chromata Santorini – Imerovigli
- Grace Hotel Santorini – Imerovigli
- Heliotopos Hotel – Imerovigli
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Imerovigli
- Iconic Santorini – Imerovigli
- Remezzo Villas – Imerovigli
- San Antonio – Imerovigli
- Santorini Princess – Imerovigli
- Sophia Suites – Imerovigli
- 270 Oia’s View – Oia
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Oia
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Oia
- Anemomilos Hotel and Villas – Oia
- Canaves Hotel – Oia
- Canaves Oia Epitome – Oia
- Canaves Suites – Oia
- Elysian Suites – Oia
- Esperas Santorini – Oia
- Gabbiano Apartments – Oia
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Oia
- Katikies – Oia
- Kirini Santorini – Oia
- Meregio Suites – Oia
- Myst Boutique Hotel – Oia
- Mystique Hotel – Oia
- Mythique Villas – Oia
- Oia Castle Luxury Suites – Oia
- Perivolas Hotel – Oia
- Santo Maris Oia – Oia
- White Pearl Villas – Oia
- Zoe Aegeas Traditional Houses – Oia
Santorini Hotels by Town
All Four and Five Star Hotels in Santorini
All Fira Hotels
Great views, several good museums, and tons of restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. The largest and busiest town on the island, Fira is also the hub of the island bus system, so every other town is just one bus trip away.
- Aigialos Niche Residences & Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Anamnesis City Spa – Fira
- Andronis Honeymoon – Fira (Caldera View)
- Angel Luxury Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Anteliz Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Aperto Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Archipel Mansion – Fira (Caldera View)
- Aressana Spa Hotel & Suites – Fira
- Aria Lito Mansion – Fira
- Aria Suites & Villas – Fira (Caldera View)
- Aroma Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Astro Palace Hotel & Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Athina Luxury Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Atlantis Hotel – Fira (Caldera View)
- Cosmopolitan Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Cori Rigas Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Dream Island Hotel – Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Hotel Thireas – Fira (Caldera View)
- Ifestos Villa – Fira
- Kamares Apartments – Fira (Caldera View)
- Keti Hotel – Fira (Caldera View)
- Modernity Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Nonis Apartments – Fira (Caldera View)
- On the Cliff – Fira (Caldera View)
- Pantelia Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Philippion Boutique Hotel – Fira
- Porto Fira Villas – Fira (Caldera View)
- Trieris Villa & Suites – Fira (Caldera View)
- Tzekos Villas – Fira (Caldera View)
All Oia Hotels
Romantic, with excellent views, restaurants, and high-end shopping. Santorini’s northernmost cliff town is also its most charming and photogenic, with more of a traditional village feel than you’ll find in Fira or Imerovigli. Every evening, travelers from all over the island stream in to enjoy the sunset from Oia’s terraces and rooftops. It’s a 20 minute bus or car ride from Oia to Fira.
- 270 Oias View – Oia (Caldera View)
- Aeifos Hotel – Oia (Caldera View)
- Aethrio – Oia (Sunset View)
- Aisling Micro Hotel – Oia (Caldera View)
- Alta Mare – Oia (Caldera View)
- Andronis Boutique Hotel – Oia (Caldera View)
- Andronis Luxury Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Anemi House & Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Anemoessa Villa – Oia (Sea View)
- Anemomilos Hotel – Oia (Sea View)
- Aris Caves – Oia (Caldera View)
- Armeni Luxury Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Aspaki by Art Maisons – Oia (Caldera View)
- Atrina Canava 1894 – Oia (Caldera View)
- Aqua & Terra Traditional Cave Houses – Oia (Caldera View)
- Caldera Premium Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Canaves Oia Epitome – Oia (Sunset View)
- Canaves Oia Hotel – Oia (Caldera View)
- Canaves Oia Suites & Spa – Oia (Caldera View)
- Canaves Oia Sunday Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Captain John – Oia (Caldera View)
- Charisma Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Delfini Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Dreamland Houses – Oia (Sunset View)
- Ducato di Oia – Oia (Caldera View)
- Elea Resort – Oia (Sunset View)
- Enalion Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Enalion White Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Esperas Traditional Houses – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Fanari Villas – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Filotera Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Gabbiano Apartments – Oia (Caldera View)
- Grand Canava – Oia (Caldera View)
- Hyperion Oia Suites – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Ikies Traditional Houses – Oia (Caldera View)
- Kastro Oia Houses – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Katikies Hotel – Oia (Caldera View)
- Kima Villas Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Kirini Santorini – Oia (Caldera View)
- La Perla Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Liakada Oia Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Marizan Caves & Villas – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Mystique – Oia (Caldera View)
- Mythique Villas & Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Nostos Apartments – Oia (Caldera View)
- Oia Castle by Art Maisons – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Oia Mare Villas – Oia (Caldera, Sunset Views)
- Oia Santo Maris – Oia (Sunset View)
- Oia Sunset Villas – Oia (Sea, Sunset Views)
- Perivolas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Rimida Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- Santorini Secret – Oia (Caldera View)
- Strogili Suites – Oia (Caldera View)
- Virginia’s Cave Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
- White Pearl Villas – Oia (Caldera View)
All Imerovigli Hotels
Quiet cliff town with the island’s best caldera views and a handful of markets and wonderful restaurants. An easy bus trip, taxi ride, or 25-minute walk from Fira, Imerovigli is a great choice for those seeking luxury cliffside accommodation that’s convenient to – but well removed from – the hub of activity.
- Above Blue Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Absolute Bliss – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Abyssanto Suites & Spa – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Aeolos Studios & Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Afroessa – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Aghios Artemios Houses – Imerovigli
- Altana Traditional Houses & Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Altana Cliffside Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Andromeda Villas & Spa Resort – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Andronis Concept Wellness Resort – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Annabel’s Luxury Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Annio Flats – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Aqua Luxury Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Astra Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Avaton Resort & Spa – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Avista Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Caldera Houses – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Cavo Tagoo Santorini – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Chromata – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- CSky Hotel – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Dreaming View Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Dreams Luxury Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Galaxy Suites & Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Gizis Exclusive – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Gold Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Grace Santorini – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Heliotopos – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Honeymoon Petra Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Iconic Santorini – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Ilioperato – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Iliovasilema Hotel & Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Kapari Natural Resort – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Kasimatis Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Langas Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Nefeli Homes – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- On The Rocks – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Pantheon Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Pearl on the Cliff – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Pegasus Spa Hotel – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Remezzo Villas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Rocabella Resort & Spa – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Santorini Mansion – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Santorini Princess Spa Hotel – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Senses Boutique Hotel – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Sophia Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Thea Apartments – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Tholos Resort – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Veranda View – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Villa Lukas – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- West East Suites – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- White Hotel – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
- Zenith Blue – Imerovigli (Caldera View)
Hotels Between Oia and Imerovigli
Private and somewhat isolated cliffside hotels with great caldera views. Located along the cliffside path between Oia and Imerovigli, these hotels are great for travelers seeking a peaceful, private retreat. Car, bus, taxi (or daytime hike) is required to get to the shops and restaurants of the nearest towns.
All Firostefani Hotels
Relaxed cliff town, excellent views, no nightlife. Adjacent to Fira, Firostefani provides a relatively quiet retreat with easy access to the island hub, ideal for those who want to be near – but not in the center of – the action. Central Fira is about 15 minutes away on foot via a cobblestone cliffside path. The Oia to Fira bus stops in Firostefani going both ways.
- Agali Houses – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Belvedere – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Blue Dolphins Apartments – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Chic Hotel Santorini – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Cliff Side Suites – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Dana Villas – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Homeric Poems – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Hotel Galini – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Hotel Remvi Suites – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Ikastikies Suites – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Ira Hotel & Spa – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Mill Houses Elegant Suites – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Reverie Santorini Hotel – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Smaro Studios – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Sun Rocks– Firostefani (Caldera View)
- The Tsitouras Collection – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Vallas Apartments & Villas – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Villa Ilias – Firostefani (Caldera View)
- Villa Maria Damigou – Firostefani (Caldera View)
All Megalochori Hotels
Small, traditional village with wineries, good food, and great views (from some hotels, the village itself is back from the cliff and doesn’t have views). Megalochori has a charming town square that’s ringed by churches, pottery shops, great little family-owned tavernas, as well as some of the island’s best wineries. Hotels here are mostly situated along the cliff, with lovely views out over the caldera. 10 minutes south of Fira by car.
- Abelonas Village – Megalochori
- Alti Santorini Suites – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Artemis Suites – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Athermi Suites – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Caldera’s Dolphin Suites – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- May Seven Suites – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Santorini Heritage Villas – Megalochori
- Suites of the Gods Cave Spa Hotel – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Thermes Luxury Villas & Spa – Megalochori (Caldera View)
- Vedema Resort – Megalochori
All Pyrgos Hotels
Charming hilltop village; cultural attractions, panoramic island views. The winding streets, small shops and restaurants, and traditional village feel of Pyrgos make this an ideal spot for those seeking the “real” Santorini experience, away from the cruise ship crowds. Pyrgos is also the island’s most magical spot over Easter weekend – on Good Friday, the entire village is lined with candles, and there’s a procession from the church of Agios Nikolaos Theotokaki. 10 minutes to Fira by car.
- Art Hotel Santorini – Pyrgos
- Calliope House – Pyrgos
- Carpe Diem – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Chrisanthi Villa – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Luna Santorini Suites – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Pyrgos Kasteli Villas – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Santorini Heights – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Skyfall Suites – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Voreina Gallery Suites – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- White & Co. Villas – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Zannos Melathron – Pyrgos (Sea View)
- Zatrikion Santorini Villas – Pyrgos (Sea View)
All Kamari Hotels
Busy but relaxed beach town; family-friendly atmosphere, lots of great and affordable restaurants. Kamari is a pebble beach, but the swimming here is excellent. From Kamari, it’s easy to walk or water taxi to Perissa beach, bus into Fira or Oia, and hike (or catch a shuttle) up to the nearby ruins of Ancient Thera. 15 minutes by car to Fira.
- Amara Suites – Kamari
- Acqua Vatos – Kamari
- Bellonias Villas – Kamari (Sea View)
- Casa Vitae Suites – Kamari
- Cavo Bianco – Kamari
- Costa Grand Resort & Spa – Kamari (Sea View)
- Hippocampus Hotel – Kamari
- Hotel Matina – Kamari
- La Bellezza Eco Boutique Hotel – Kamari
- Nissia Beach Apartments & Suites – Kamari (Sea, View)
- Santellini Hotel – Kamari
- Santorini Kastelli Resort – Kamari
- Sigalas Beach Hotel – Kamari (Sea View)
- Tamarix Del Mar Suites – Kamari (Sea View)
- Zephyros Hotel – Kamari
All Perissa Hotels
Black sand beach town with great, inexpensive, low-key bars and restaurants. Perissa is more spread out than Kamari, with a less commercialized feel and a bit of a backpacker vibe. There’s water sports rental on the beach, a taxi boat to Kamari, and the beach road is closed to cars in the evening. 20 minutes by car or 30 minutes by bus to Fira.
- Anastasia Princess – Perissa (Sea View)
- Anezina Villas – Perissa
- Antoperla Luxury Hotel & Spa – Perissa
- Aqua Blue Beach Hotel – Perissa (Sea View)
- Kouros Hotel – Perissa
- Meltemi Excelsior Suites – Perissa
- Meltemi Luxury Suites – Perissa
- Meltemi Village Hotel – Perissa
- Samson’s Village – Perissa
- Sellada Beach Hotel – Perissa (Sea View)
- Veggera Beach Hotel – Perissa (Sea View)
- Villa Clio – Perissa
All Perivolos Hotels
Black sand beach town that’s adjacent to Perissa but quieter, with more upscale bars and restaurants. Perivolos is connected to Perissa along a well-lit beach road, providing easy access to Perissa’s nightlife and the water taxi to Kamari. 20-minute drive to Fira.
- Ambeli Apartments – Perivolos
- Atlantis Beach Villa – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Bella Santorini – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Black Rose Beach Suites – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Marilla Village – Perivolos
- Orabel Suites Santorini – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Petri Suites – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Santo Miramare Beach Resort – Perivolos
- Sea View Beach Hotel – Perivolos (Sea View)
- Smaragdi Hotel – Perivolos
- Villa Markezinis – Perivolos
- White & Blue – Perivolos
- Sea Sound White Katikies – Outside Perivolos on Agios Georgios Beach (Sea View)
All Akrotiri Hotels
Remote and quiet village on the island’s southernmost tip. Not a lot in the way of shops, but there are some great fish taverns and small beaches along the water, fantastic caldera views, a nearby lighthouse, and a world-famous archeological dig site. Akrotiri village is on the island’s main bus line, but it’s easier to explore the island from here by car – it’s a 20-minute drive into Fira.
- Acroterra Rosa – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Adelante 88 Villas – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Ambassador Santorini – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Apanemo – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Astarte Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Avant Garde Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Black Diamond – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Cape9 Suite & Villas – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Elements of Caldera Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Kalestesia Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Maison des Lys – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Misteli Bed & Breakfast – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Neptune Luxury Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
- Santorini Princess Presidential Suites – Akrotiri (Caldera View)
Helpful and Recommended
- The Best Things To Do on Santorini
- The Best Restaurants on Santorini
- 21 Cheap (And Good) Hotels on Santorini
- The Best Hotels in Mykonos
- The Best Hotels in Athens
- The Best Hotels on Crete
- The Best Hotels on Paros
- The Best Hotels on Naxos
- The Best Hotels on Ios
- The Best Hotels in Rome
- The Best Hotels in Paris
- The Best Hotels in London
- What is the best hotel in Santorini?