- Best Hotels in Santorini
- Where to Stay in Santorini
- Best Restaurants in Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Complete Santorini Travel Guide
Earth and Water features unique, beautifully crafted pottery with a mix of contemporary and traditional pieces such as wine jugs and cups in vivid colors. It is located on the main road from Fira to Perissa, about 700m from Megalochori, 500m from Boutari Winery, and 350m from Geromanolis Taverna.
The studio is owned by award-winning ceramicist Andreas Makaris and his wife Kristi Kapetanaki, also a ceramicist. They are both charismatic and inspiring individuals who have been living in Santorini since 1985. After visiting the island several times, they both fell in love with it and decided to move here permanently. Earth and Water was the first ceramic studio to be built in Santorini after the big earthquake in 1956.
The couple’s works are inspired by the “abundant light and mysteries of Santorini’s past”, referring to the island’s rich history. Their designs are in high demand and are popular with both locals and tourists.
Andreas comes from a long line of potters and keeps his grandfather’s tradition alive today. He studied at the School of Ceramics in Athens and also taught classes there for several years before moving to Santorini. He has won several awards at the Greek National Pottery Exhibition that takes place in Athens annually.
They offer pottery lessons and workshops as well, with prices depending on the type of ceramic and the candidate’s level of ability. The studio can also ship purchases to anywhere in the world.
Earth and Water Pottery Studio Hours and Information
- Season: Open through the year.
- Hours: Open all day until about 6pm, but there is no standard closing time.
- Website: earthandwater.weebly.com
- Location: Megalochori, Santorini 847 00
- Telephone: +30 228 608 2625
- Email: [email protected]
- Parking: Parking available.
- Bus: Closest bus stop is Boutari Winery, a 3-minute walk (200m) down a busy, mostly flat, main road.
Earth and Water Pottery Studio