SD › London › Victoria Station Hotels
Updated: May 22, 2022
Victoria Station is a major railway and underground station located in central London, in the City of Westminster. It is one of the busiest transport hubs in the city, serving millions of passengers each year.
The station was originally opened in 1862, and was rebuilt in the early 20th century to accommodate the growing number of passengers. Today, Victoria Station serves as a major hub for both local and long-distance trains, connecting London to destinations throughout the UK and beyond. The station has several platforms for national rail services, including the Gatwick Express, which provides a direct link to the airport. The station also has connections to the London Underground, with access to the Victoria, Circle, and District lines.
• Best Hotels Close To Victoria Station: Comfort Inn Victoria • Best Western Victoria Palace • Clermont Victoria • Double Tree by Hilton Victoria • Best Western Buckingham Palace Rd
• The district around Victoria Station is a lively area with theatres, shops, pubs, and restaurants and within a 10-minute walk of Buckingham Palace, The Queen’s Gallery, and St. James’ Park.
• One of the best areas to stay in London. Easy neighborhood to walk around and as Victoria is home to one of London’s main railway stations there are always buses, underground trains, and taxis available to transport you across London.
• There are several bakeries, deli’s, fast food outlets, pubs, and casual restaurants to serve everything from noodles and hamburgers to Indian, Italian, and Thai food.
• Lots of budget and mid-range hotels are within walking distance of the station. Airbnb also offers a choice of private en-suite rooms and studio apartments nearby.
• If you are flying out of London Gatwick you can reach the airport via the Gatwick Express train from Victoria station in 40 minutes, and if you need to get to Paddington Station for the Heathrow Express train, take the Circle or District line from Victoria’s Underground Station.
• There’s a direct route to King’s Cross/St Pancras train station from Victoria’s Underground Station on the Victoria Line.
Get All New Content• My Travel Newsletter