Mykonos Hotels – Tips and Recommendations
- Where To Stay in Mykonos: Mykonos Town is my favorite place to stay in Mykonos (awesome nightlife, lots of great restaurants, cafes, shops, and the beach is an easy 10 minute bus ride away). The best beach towns in Mykonos are Ornos and Platys Gialos (both have great sand, good restaurants, and wonderful hotels).
- Hotels on Mykonos should be booked 4 to 6 months in advance for luxury accommodations and 2 months in advance for budget places. July and August are the busiest months when advanced reservations are highly recommended.
- Booking.com – The best website for booking Mykonos hotels. Easy to use, reliable, and the best rates.
- Don’t use a travel agency. You’ll get better rates at better hotels by booking on your own (through a booking website or by contacting the hotel directly).
- The Mykonos beaches are a good base if you’re looking for a more typical beach vacation. Platys Gialos is my favorite beach (a mix of great swimming, nice sand, and good places to eat).
- The best new hotel on Mykonos is the fabulous Branco Mykonos – incredible luxury hotel right on the beach in Platys Gialos. Highly recommended!
- My favorite luxury hotel on Mykonos is the Mykonos Blu (easy access to two of the best beaches on Mykonos).
- My favorite hotel in Mykonos Town is the Belvedere (wonderful pool and a 2 minute walk to restaurants and nightlife).
- The best “budget” hotel on Mykonos is the Petinos Hotel at Platys Gialos beach. It’s not directly on the beach but most rooms are a short walk from the water. Free use of the pool at sister hotel Petinos Beach. The family suites and 2-bedroom apartments are great for families. It’s far from cheap but is a great value hotel for Mykonos.
- Best Restaurants in Mykonos: Funky Kitchen (Mykonos Town), Sale & Pepe (Mykonos Town), M Eating (Mykonos Town), Katrin (Mykonos Town, expensive), Kostantis Taverna (Ornos), Bonatsa (Platys Gialos), Nicola’s Taverna (Agia Anna), Tasos Taverna (Paraga), Jackie O (Super Paradise), Ftelia (Ftelia Beach), Bill & Coo (for fancy night out, south of Mykonos Town).
- This page is also available in Chinese.
The 17 Best Hotels in Mykonos
1. Mykonos Blu
Psarou • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027900)
One of the most romantic hotels on Mykonos and a great honeymoon pick. Equal parts charming and trendy. Located on Psarou beach which is both wonderful and well-protected from the wind. Food, music, and dancing are just down the beach at Nammos. It’s an easy walk to Platys Gialos beach and the excellent restaurants there. The free shuttle service gets you to Mykonos Town in less than 10 minutes.
Platys Gialos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 024166)
A short walk to beautiful Platys Gialos beach. Situated on a steep hill the higher rooms have some of the best views on Mykonos. It’s a 10 minute walk to the bus stop to Mykonos Town and there’s a sea taxi to Paradise and Super Paradise beaches. Some suites have private pool or hot tub.
Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 025122)
The best luxury hotel in Mykonos Town. Chic and charming with beautiful rooms, nice views over the town, and a club like atmosphere around the pool (especially in the evening). One of the best located hotels in town with nightlife and restaurants accessible by a pedestrian path (and no busy roads to negotiate). The hotel also has 2 of the best restaurants on Mykonos if you don’t feel like venturing out. If the Belvedere is fully booked (as often happens) the Semeli is just next door and also very nice.
Ornos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 024094)
This is one of the more magical hotels on Mykonos. It’s set on beautiful Ornos bay and has stunning views of the surrounding water and hills. There’s a small private beach (more pebbles than sand) with a cabana sitting out on the water. The setting is incredibly romantic and it’s a hotel people stay at and never want to leave. Ornos beach and a handful of restaurants are a short walk away if you feel the need. Guests can book the hotel’s private yacht to tour the island. There’s a 2 bedroom suite and waterfront villa – both with private pool.
Near Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 026292)
Perched above Mykonos Town with an incredible infinity pool and amazing sunset views. It’s a short walk to the nightlife and restaurants of Mykonos Town (though it does involve walking on a road with no sidewalks – most people take a taxi back at the end of the night). This is one of the trendiest hotels on Mykonos.
6. Cavo Tagoo
Near Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 020100)
Cavo is one of the top luxury hotels on Mykonos. It sits on a rise between the two ports and you can watch the ferries and cruise ships come and go through the day and the sun set into the Aegean at night. Mykonos Town is a 10 minute walk away (the road is narrow with a good deal of traffic so many people take the free shuttle bus). The pool and sundeck are magical. Most rooms above the basic level come with a private pool. The hotel’s Japanese restaurant, Kiku, has the best sushi on Mykonos.
Platys Gialos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 023437)
This is where I stayed last summer with my wife and kids. Great hotel a 1-minute walk to Platys Gialos beach and many restaurants and tavernas. Bus to Mykonos Town stops just outside the front door. Very nice pool and large sundeck look out over the water. Beautiful!
Agios Ioannis • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 025555)
Great hotel but a little too isolated for my tastes (I prefer being walking distance to more shops and restaurants). It has a wonderful pool with views and direct access down to a quiet beach (though it does have some stoney patches). The largest suites have 3 beds (1 queen, 2 twins) sea views, and a private pool. The hotel has 2 restaurants, one of which serves top notch gourmet food, and the popular Hippie Fish restaurant is just down the beach. Agios Ioannis is the beach where Shirley Valentine was filmed. Mykonos Town is 15 minutes away by bus which run frequently.
Ornos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 023220)
One of the larger hotels on Mykonos with more of a resort feel. Great for families with a beautiful semi-private beach and small playground with play equipment. The resort is built up the side of a hill and sea view rooms have great views. The restaurants of Ornos are a short walk away and there is a regular free shuttle into Mykonos Town that takes less than 10 minutes. If you have young children this is the best hotel on Mykonos.
Agios Ioannis • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 028752)
The incredible infinity pool has amazing views of the sea and surroundings. The hotel is 15 minutes from Mykonos Town and is great for quiet and seclusion but not the place to stay if you’re after nightlife, partying, or easy access to many restaurants.
Near Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027370)
The best view of any Mykonos Hotel. A very nice pool looks out over Mykonos Town and port. Rooms are bright and many have beautiful sea views. It is a 20 minute walk to Mykonos Town (down a busy steep road) so most guests rent a car or ATV to get around.
Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 028980)
A friendly boutique hotel with a lot of charm, small pool, good views, and walking distance from the restaurants and nightlife of Mykonos Town. If you need 4 star luxury at a more affordable price this is a good choice.
Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 022230)
A wonderful hotel near the famous Mykonos windmills and less than a 5 minute walk to restaurants and nightlife. It feels quiet and secluded for being so central. The pool is nice and the breakfast amazing. Sea view rooms have great views of the water.
14. Palladium Hotel
Platys Gialos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 025926)
Beautiful hotel with nice pool, great views, and good rates. The beaches of Psarou and Platys Gialos are a 5 minute walk down the hill. Getting back up can be a little steep for some which is why the Palladium is such good value (rates need to be a little cheaper than the hotels right on the beach). The bus to Mykonos Town stops directly outside the hotel and the ride to town takes 10 minutes. (There are large family rooms if you’re traveling with kids.)
15. Semeli Hotel
Mykonos Town • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027466)
Bright and modern hotel hotel a 3 minute walk from restaurant and nightlife scene. The Semeli Suite is one of the best in Mykonos Town for a large family or group of friends: 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 heated jacuzzis.
17. Grace Mykonos
Agios Stefanos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 020000)
Lovely property – especially if you’re looking for a 2-bedroom suite or large family suite – but located on the north side of Mykonos Town. It’s a little isolated and not near any of Mykonos’s best beaches. Fantastic hotel though, and a great choice if you’re happy sitting by the pool all day.
More Mykonos Hotels
If the above hotels are fully booked (as often happens) here are some more 4 and 5 star hotels on Mykonos.
- Mykonos View Hotel – Mykonos Town
(Hotel phone: +30 2289 024045)
Great value hotel. Incredible views of the port, town, and sunset. Free breakfast. Pool is huge with amazing views. Apartments and triple rooms available.
- Elysium Hotel – Mykonos Town
(Hotel phone: +30 2289 023952)
The best gay party hotel in Mykonos Town. Great pool bar and spa. DJ and sunset parties are the rule. Quadruple rooms have 2 king beds or 4 twins.
- Paradise View Hotel – Paradise Beach
(Hotel phone: +30 2289 026636)
Great pool and large rooms. The best hotel close to Paradise Beach (a big party beach). Quadruple rooms have 3 twin beds and a sofa bed.
Mykonos Town Hotels
The big decision for Mykonos is whether to stay in Mykonos Town (the Chora) – where much of the action, nightlife, and restaurants are found – or at one of the wonderful beaches on Mykonos. The island has good bus service so staying at one of the nearby beaches doesn’t mean you can’t pop into Mykonos Town for a late dinner or a night of partying. Taxis can be hard to find late in the evening but you’ll always be able to find your way home – even if it does require some searching and waiting.
The hub of the island and the center of the island’s nightlife. It’s a super fun vibe at night when the narrow lanes are packed with an international crowd of party goers. Lots of great food, high-end shopping, and trendy bars. Half the fun is getting lost in the twisting-turning alleyways (pedestrians only). Some people prefer to stay at the beach towns but I recommend staying in town and make the short commute to the beaches through the day. Return to town in the late afternoon and enjoy the incredible atmosphere of Mykonos Town well into the night.
The Best Hotels in Mykonos Town
- Belvedere Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 025122)
- Cavo Tagoo • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 020100)
- Kouros Hotel & Suites • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 025381)
- Harmony Boutique Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 028980)
- Semeli Hotel Mykonos • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027466)
- Theoxenia Luxury Boutique Hotel • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 022230)
Platys Gialos Hotels
Great beach with plenty of excellent restaurants and a fun family-friendly atmosphere (though it’s getting busier every year). A water-taxi departs from here to Paradise and Super Paradise beaches. Good bus connections to Mykonos Town. Psarrou beach is an easy 10 minute walk in one direction. Paraga, Agia Anna, and Paradise are walking distance in the other direction.
Ornos Beach Hotels
Beautiful beach with wonderful views and surroundings. Clean, crystal clear water that is calm and very kid-friendly. Good restaurants and good bus connections to Mykonos Town.
Great swimming beach and a short walk from Platys Gialos. Dominated by the overrated Nammos beach club.
The Best Hotel at Psarrou Beach
- Mykonos Blu • (Hotel phone: +30 2289 027900)
Agios Ioannis Hotels
A quiet beach with a handful of tavernas and shops. Beautiful sand and water. Stay here for rest and solitude. Good bus connections to Mykonos Town.
Elia Beach Hotels
Great beach with some fantastic high-end hotels. Only caveat is that it’s a good distance from Mykonos Town and can feel a little isolated.
Megali Ammos Hotels
500 meters south of Mykonos Town (Chora). Nice sand and swimming but can be windy. It’s an easy walk from the Chora. Joanna’s Nikos Taverna is on the beach and very good. The hotels below should be considered as part of Mykonos Town but close to Megali Ammos beach.
Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools
Unlike Santorini, Mykonos doesn’t have that many hotels with private pools or jacuzzis – but it does have some and they’re usually worth the extra cost (at least for me, I love having a private pool).
Mykonos Hotels with Private Pools, Plunge Pools, and Hot Tubs
- Belvedere Hotel – Mykonos Town
- Myconian Korali Relais & Chateaux – Mykonos Town
- Bill & Coo Suites – near Mykonos Town
- Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux – Platys Gialos
- Palladium Hotel – Platys Gialos
- Artemoula’s Studios – Platys Gialos
- Mykonos Blu – Psarou Beach
- Anax Resort and Spa – Agios Ioannis
- Grace Mykonos – Agios Stefanos